** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series

Australia host West Indies in a 3 match test series which begins midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning UK time. The series is all live on sky sports which should ensure lots of betting opportunities. Schedule:

Thu Nov 26 - Mon Nov 30 10:00 local | 00:00 GMT 00:00 GMT 1st Test - Australia v West Indies Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane 34.png 19 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Mostly Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Fri Dec 4 - Tue Dec 8 10:00 local | 23:30 GMT 23:30 GMT 2nd Test - Australia v West Indies Adelaide Oval
N/A
Wed Dec 16 - Sun Dec 20 10:30 local | 02:30 GMT 02:30 GMT 3rd Test - Australia v West Indies Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth
N/A
Series odds can be found here:
chart_off.gifAustralia 365" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,437873033,1,9,0,15); return false;">1.11 1.12 Boylesports" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,438484799,1,8,0,6169); return false;">1.12 1.08 Paddy Power" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,438227259,1,8,0,3); return false;">1.12 Betfair" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,437259835,3,25,1,401); return false;">1.12
chart_off.gifDraw 365" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,437873038,15,2,0,15); return false;">8.5 7.5 Boylesports" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,438484809,13,2,0,6169); return false;">7.5 8 Paddy Power" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,438227260,6,1,0,3); return false;">7 Betfair" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,437259840,27,2,1,401); return false;">14.5
chart_off.gifWest Indies 365" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,437873035,12,1,0,15); return false;">13 13 Boylesports" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,438484810,16,1,0,6169); return false;">17 17 Paddy Power" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,438227261,12,1,0,3); return false;">13 Betfair" onmouseout="cellExit(this);" onclick="a(0,437259836,33,2,1,401); return false;">17.5
Have started the thread now. Will come back with bets on Wednesday before the off as I'm not sure if I'll be on PL much on Tuesday as I'll be in Mansfield watching Luton.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series 1st Test Bets S Chaunderpaul 61 runs or more @ 3.20 (bluesquare) Hes got a good record against the Aussies and this guy is as solid as a wall. Reminds me of Rahul Dravid. If quick wickets fall for the West Indies Shiv will come in at number 4 and im sure he'll slow things down and try and get a decent total on the board Bet Stake- £5 Bet Returns- £16 M Hussey 61 runs or more @ 2.62 (bluesquare) Well what can i say about Mr Cricket. He didnt have the best of times in the ashes but towards the end he started showing a bit of form. In the ODI Series against India he got scores of 35*, 31*, 40, 53 & 73. I reckon he should get 61 runs quite easily. Bet Stake- £5 Bet Returns- £13 Draw @ 5 (paddypower) The weather is predicted to be typical November: humid, maximum temperatures around 30 degrees and the chance of a storm every few days. Very small stakes on this but with the chances of a storm you never know about a draw.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Just the one for me in the series. Missed the boat on the 11/10 for Australia 3-0 :sad. 3pts S.Chanderpaul Top Windies Series Batsman 5/2 Coral Nothing too unoriginal from me here. Putting it simply, Chanderpaul is the best batsman in this team and I expect him to be the one to carry the Windies fortunes on his shoulders as he has so often in the past. He batted for some ridiculous amount of time last year when Australia were in the Caribbean and try as they might, the Aussies couldn't get rid of him. As always with the Windies, this looks a 3 horse race. The other two horses, Gayle can be hit and miss and Sarwan is an injury doubt ahead of the 1st test. Dwayne Bravo can't be completely ruled out as he's a class act no matter what the occasion but Chanderpaul can stand there all week and bat if you let him so even though the price is nothing to write home about I'm still taking the Guyanese batsman to top score for the Windies over the series.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series 1st test bets then. Apologies for the lack of notice for anyone who wants to follow. Got stuck into the tennis :$. Toss is in less than 30 mins so no huge writeup's. 4pts S.Watson to beat A.Barath 4/5 Stan James (1st Inns Only) Shane Watson is on his home ground here and should be good enough to beat the debutant in the 1st innings. Barath will have to be nervous, that's only natural and even though he looked excellent for T&T in the Twenty20 Champions League and has some warm up runs behind him, this is a different kettle of fish. Shane Watson's record on this ground in tests is very poor but he's a better player now than when he last played test cricket here. He's succeeded in international cricket now and opening looks to be his position. He went very well in The Ashes and I expect him to see off the 19yr old West Indies opener 1st time round in this test. 3pts R.Ponting's Performance Pts 95&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Ricky Ponting has an excellent record on this ground in test cricket. He averages a pretty sick 67.11 through 13 tests here which includes 7 half centuries and 4 tons. Even if Australia bat only once, with the form Ponting is in you can see him filling his boots. However batting 3 he could well bat twice. He's almost certain to take some catches behind the wicket which will boost the total nicely but with the bat I expect him to cover this total and bring in the overs. 3pts D.Ramdin's Performance Pts 70&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per wicket. Denesh Ramdin is a solid performer at international level and can dig in and score a few runs with the bat, as England saw in the winter. As well as that, he's a mighty fine wicket keeper who drops very little. Suliemann Benn could provide him with a stumping but the Windies pace attack look sure to give him catches behind. Windies look certain to bat twice and if Ramdin only batted to his test average that would yield 48 runs. I'd expect him to take enough catches to cover the rest of the total so it's the overs here too. 1pt ew J.Taylor Top West Indies Batsman (1st Inns Only) 66/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Jerome Taylor is no mug with the bat. He has a test match century to his name in New Zealand and with the likes of Benn and Rampaul batting below him there's enough to hold a bat while he gets some runs. Australia are totally dominant on this ground so they could easily go through this Windies lineup, especially if the pitch is a bit green on day one and Windies get put into bat. Of course it's a long shot but nobody with a test match ton to his name should be priced up at 66/1, particularly when the team is such an underdog so I'll have a small punt on Taylor to outscore his colleagues 1st time round.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Nice write up as usual Kev, i'll put my money where your mouth is! Interesting times in all 3 test series at the moment... NZ v Pak, SL v Ind and now Aus v W.I... with England v S.Africa still to come!! Is it possible to overdose on Cricket???

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series

Nice write up as usual Kev, i'll put my money where your mouth is! Interesting times in all 3 test series at the moment... NZ v Pak, SL v Ind and now Aus v W.I... with England v S.Africa still to come!! Is it possible to overdose on Cricket???
No such thing as too much cricket mate :lol. No Sarwan for Windies, massive boost for the Chanderpaul bet :ok

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series An in-running bet to keep us awake for the next two hours ;). 3pts Day 1 Session 1 Runs - Over 95 11/10 Stan James Australia have chosen to bat and Watson and Katich will open for the home side. Watson likes to score quickly while Katich is no mug. Ponting is next in and he's no slouch. It's a big ground here and hard to defend. Windies have a debutant in Ravi Pampaul and while he's had international experience it still takes a bit of getting used to. Bravo and Roach can go for a few if they put it in the wrong place. Australia are near unstoppable here and I think they can go past 95 in this 1st session.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Ive put 2 bets on for the Aussie innings... M North to score a century @ 2.75 bet365 Hes on 42 of 78 balls and he looks quite solid. Hopefully Haddin can help him out and he can reach his much deserved century. Australia 1st innings, over 488 @ 2 stanjames Theyre currently on 322, so 167 runs between North, Haddin, Johnson & Hauritz hopefully shouldnt be to hard. Just have to hope that wickets dont fall regularly like yesterday.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series An early morning bet for me. Will be quick as play is about to start. 3pts Day 2 Session 1 Total Runs - Over 100 11/10 Stan James Australia closed on 322/5 after day 1 and will look to push on this morning. Brad Haddin's a quick scorer and the 4 men to come all swing the bat. If Johnson bats an hour of this session it'll be covered easily. There's doubts over Jerome Taylor's fitness which won't help the Windies. Australia love scoring quickly anyway so I'm on the overs here.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Ramdin's performance is safely in now. One small bet for tonight. 3pts West Indies 1st Inns Runs - Under 245 5/6 Betfred West Indies closed day two on 134/5 which is effectively 134/6 as it looks like Jerome Taylor will play no further part in this match due to injury. Travis Dowlin and Denesh Ramdin are at the crease when play resumes but there's not a huge amount to come. Suliemann Benn can hold the bat but Rampaul and Roach are pretty much rabbits. Australia's seam attack should be fresh having only bowled 39 overs and if the pitch starts turning then Hauritz will be a major player. None of these West Indian's can take the game away with the bat with a devastating burst of run scoring so it will take a good while to get over 245. I don't think they'll get there though so I'll take the unders.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Tim Nielsen, Australia's coach, expects stiffer resistance in the second starting on Friday. West Indies are likely to have experienced middle-order batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan back, but the batsman-friendly pitch at the Adelaide Oval could be as beneficial to the visitors. "They come here where the wicket probably won't bounce," Nielsen said, "and the ball won't swing as much naturally so the conditions will suit them."

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series I would take that with a pinch of salt. It is the coaches job to take pressure off by talking his team down and also preventing them getting complacent. It should be closer than an innings victory like the 1st test especially with Sarwan back, but still an aussie victory I would imagine!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series 2nd Test S.Watson Performance Points 99 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 After his duck in the 1st test theres talk of him being dropped down the order so he has to deliver in this test. He should also chip in with some wickets as he got 3 wickets in the last test. M.Johnson Performance Points 111 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Hes handy with the bat as well as the ball and Australia will want to get as many runs as they can so hoepfully he can get some runs in. He got 4 wickets in the last test as well so if he gets the same returns the bets won! B.Haddin Performance Points 89 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Hes in decent form as a batsman and he should hit some big shots in the game. He can also get some catches as wicket keeper. S Chaunderpaul 61 runs or more 1st innings only @ 2.7 bluesquare He let us down in the first test with scores of 2 & 2. This pitch is much more better and hopefully he should get himself set and get 61 runs.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Michael Clarke to score First Innings Ton @ 4.8 Betfair Clarke has 3 centuries in his past 3 tests in Adelaide and against a weak Windies attack I think he's got a good chance of adding to it. Adelaide Oval has short square boundaries which suit Clarke's game as he is very strong square of the wicket.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Couple of bets for me. Apologies for being so late, I had this test down as next week :$. 5pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts - 92&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Dwayne Bravo took 3 wickets in only one innings on a wicket which may not have suited him in the 1st test. This wicket is more suited to him though and there's a chance that West Indies will play a more cautious game with the bat. Sarwan could be back so Australia may well have to bat twice giving Bravo more chance of taking wickets. Saying that, it's not asking too much to expect a lot more from the Trinidadian with the bat and over 2 innings the least we can expect is 52 runs. If we get those I expect 2 wickets or a wicket and catches which will propel his points accumulation up to and over the 92pt mark. 2pts ew M.Clarke Top Australia Batsman (1st Inns Only) 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Michael Clarke is a top batsman and didn't go too badly at Brisbane on his 1st game back from injury. He loves playing test matches on this ground. He's scored 3 centuries in his last 4 innings here and averages 95 over the 4 tests he's played. There's still a couple of question marks over Watson and maybe even Hussey. His record on this ground makes him look a top each way punt here given we get our cash back for a 2nd or 3rd place finish but I think if he gets in at a reasonable time then he has every chance of top scoring so it's a bigger than normal ew punt for me on the Aussie vice-captain here.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series 3pts Day 1 Session 1 Runs - Over 92 11/10 Stan James Chris Gayle has shown to bat 1st on what is normally a pretty good Adelaide Oval wicket and with the square boundaries here very short, should the captain bat for any period of time in this season then West Indies will score quickly. Even Barath at the other end is no slouch. There's no Hilfenhaus in the Australia lineup either which should help run scoring. Sarwan is next in and he can get on with things as well so I'm quite hopeful for a few runs in the opening two hours of the match so I'll take the overs here.

5pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts - 92&Over 8/11 Bet365 2pts ew M.Clarke Top Australia Batsman (1st Inns Only) 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3)
3pts Day 1 Session 1 Runs - Over 92 11/10 Stan James
I think that's what you call profit:nana Bravo line in on day 1 with a superb ton, with the session runs also in after 111 were scored in the first session. Already 3pts up with a 4pt bet still to come. Great work mate:ok Clarke yet to bat so :hope for a full house.

2nd Test S.Watson Performance Points 99 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 After his duck in the 1st test theres talk of him being dropped down the order so he has to deliver in this test. He should also chip in with some wickets as he got 3 wickets in the last test. M.Johnson Performance Points 111 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Hes handy with the bat as well as the ball and Australia will want to get as many runs as they can so hoepfully he can get some runs in. He got 4 wickets in the last test as well so if he gets the same returns the bets won! B.Haddin Performance Points 89 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Hes in decent form as a batsman and he should hit some big shots in the game. He can also get some catches as wicket keeper. S Chaunderpaul 61 runs or more 1st innings only @ 2.7 bluesquare He let us down in the first test with scores of 2 & 2. This pitch is much more better and hopefully he should get himself set and get 61 runs.
2 wickets by Watson :clap 1 wicket by Johnson :clap 2 catches by Haddin :clap 62 runs by Chanderpaul :nana

Sport Cricket
Event Australia v West Indies 2nd test
Selection West Indies or draw
Strength 10/10
Date 08/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning I think West Indies get something in this game. They made 336/6 on day 1 and showed much better batting performance. I think they will go on to 400 and give themselves good chance in match. The bowling attack looks poor but these players are capable of some magic. Even if Australia score well, I think West Indies line up can bat well in the 2nd innings as well. This pitch looks good for batting, but usually changes on day 5 and history shows some collapses. Australia batting on day 5 may have something pretty big to chase and gives West Indies chance for win or draw.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series West Indies 1st Innings Runs Over (420.5) @ 1.85 William Hill The pitch looks excellent and both Sammy and Nash have played themselves in well. Theyre on 336 right now so 85 runs between 5 players should be that hard, especially as the tail enders can get some quick boundaries.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Good luck Ani but surely Sammy & Nash have to play themselves in again, don't they? 85 runs for the loss of 3 wickets max....I'd say 1.85 looks a little short to me. WI lost their top 3 batsmen yesterday for just 84 so I'd be wanting a lower line / bigger price to get involved here. Having said that, I hope the lines comes in for you mate:hope

Good luck Ani but surely Sammy & Nash have to play themselves in again, don't they? 85 runs for the loss of 3 wickets max....I'd say 1.85 looks a little short to me. WI lost their top 3 batsmen yesterday for just 84 so I'd be wanting a lower line / bigger price to get involved here. Having said that, I hope the lines comes in for you mate:hope
i did look around other sites and this was the lowest line i could fine. To be honest this was more of a bet to keep a bit of interest in the match, but a wicket first ball has ruined it.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series I was looking at the total WIndies runs market on betfair. At the start of play they had 375+ @ 1.18; 400+ @ 1.67 and 425+ @ 2.1. I was fishing for odds around 1.3 for the 375+ market but quickly canclelled the bet when Sammy was plum lbw!!! Nash looks in control, the only worry is the speed he scores runs; at least Sammy could score at a good rate! I have picked out 2 small bets for interest. a) No bowler to take 5 wickets in an innings @ evens (BF) Attime of placing bet Aussies have a few bowlers on 2 wickets, so I will be unlucky if one bowler wraps up the all 3 wickets. That leaves just 3 innings, it's a good wicket lots of runs, so the bowlers will be moved around and I anticipate a few bowlers all picking up a few wickets, but no stand out bowler (especially with no Taylor) My one concern is in the Windies 2nd innings, i hope no one bowler runs through the batting line up. b) Michael Clarke top run scorer for Oz 1st innings (5/1 BF) As mentioned by others previously!