** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series

4pts West Indies 2nd Inns Runs - Under 315.5 5/6 Stan James West Indies begin day 4 on 23/0. History shows this pitch disappears from here on in. Australia's collapse yesterday shows it is happening already. There hasn't been a 3rd innings over 315 at the Adelaide Oval since 1995 so history would show us that West Indies won't make this total. I don't think they will anyway. Australia rarely have 2 bad days on the bounce and yesterday would have to go down as a bad day. By contrast, these days West Indies rarely bat well twice in the same match and when they are under pressure can lose wickets in patches. Australia have a very good record here having lost only once on this ground since 1995 and every Englishman will remember how they pulled victory away from the jaws of a draw against England in 2006 so Australia will still be confident they can win this game. With that in mind I'll take West Indies to get less than 316 in their 2nd innings.
:wall:wall:wall

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series One last bet for me in this game.. SR Watson to score 50 or more (Australia 2nd Inns) @ 2.37 I think he'll play himself in for the first few overs then hes going to have to start hitting them to make sure the run rate doesnt get out of control. Hopefully he makes up for not getting his maiden century in the first innings and hits a solid score of 50+ to try and set up a win for the Aussies.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Just Got Hussey @ 7.00 on Betfair to Topscore this innings for Australia. If this becomes a 90 over one dayer.... Hussey could well be the man to bring it home for them... I can't see Ponting or Australia settling for the draw, which should make for a cracking finale. Watson can easily be removed cheaply, Ponting is obviously the main danger to this bet I feel, but I just think the scene is set for a bit of tension... I can see a few wickets falling and perhaps Hussey bringing it home with 6 or 7 wickets down... or does my crystal ball need a wipe?!?!?

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Sorry Ani... kind of going against you but... Watson - 1.8 StanJames - 1st man out I think the windies openers will be fired up and the pressure on Watson especially to keep the runs coming will lead to his downfall... He's not the most patient batsman!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series I've really enjoyed this match and the write ups on this thread; well done guys made this match much more interesting. Off to bed now - good luck with the remaining bets guys. Mixed match for me - 5 wickets bet and Clarke were losers, but the I'm shocked to say the Windies batsmen (or should i say Gayle) did the biz. Unlucky by the way Kev, i often think there is a conspiracy, i have lost these run handicaps by 1 run too mny times! No more bets on this match - but my hunch is Oz will look good, lose some wickets and settle for a draw. Ready for the india match now

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Final one for me in the test match. 4pts Day 5 Session 2 Runs - Over 87 11/10 Stan James Australia go into this session on 62/1 with two quickish scorers at the crease and every chance of still winning the test match. With a spinner likely to bowl a lot of overs in this session we should get the required 30 overs in so the run rate doesn't need to be 3 an over for us to get this line covered. Australia need over 4 an over to win the match though so I expect them to look to score quickly. They still need 268 to win the match so I'd imagine they'll want to look to get that total down to near 150 by tea to set up the chase in the final session. This line looks very low when you consider we had 95 runs in the opening session of the day which included a 10 minute change of innings break and a 5 minute appeal for a bump ball catch. It's still a good pitch and so I expect this line to be covered nicely.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series 3rd Test @ Perth M.Johnson Performance Points 114 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wickets This is his home ground and hes got a record of 16 wickets in 2 tests. Should pick up around 6 wickets easily and hopefully he can get some runs as well. B.Haddin Performance Points 92 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping Hes in decent form as a batsman and he should hit some big shots in the game. He can also get some catches as wicket keeper. S Chaunderpaul 1st innings runs 61 runs or more @ 2.75 bluesquare In my opinion hes the best batsman in the West Indies line up and if he gets himself set hes hard to get out. Ive always got him as top series runscorer, but i think hes out of that now unless he gets a really big score. M Hussey 1st innings runs 61 runs or more @ 2.37 bluesquare Well theres been criticism against him even though hes scored 66, 41 and 29 this series. Hopefully he can write of his critics because i think hes still a world class batsman.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Good luck with those ani. 3 for me in this final test. 2 solid bets and a small shot in the dark. 1pt West Indies to win 3rd test 8/1 Coral West Indies come into this test as the underdogs but I'm not sure they are this big a dog. They pretty much dominated the Adelaide test match and now they are on a ground where they have a 5-1 winning record. The wicket at the WACA is reknowned for pace and bounce and that's what the West Indian seamers deal in, especially young Kemar Roach. Should Gavin Tonge be given a run out he'll be dangerous too. There's no Peter Siddle and possibly no Hauritz for this test which is a boost for the Windies even though they look like being without Chanderpaul and Barath. Dowlin was in good nick in the 1st test which will be a boost and if the other West Indies batsmen can get some runs I think they've every chance of levelling the series with a win here. Australia may well win this and possibly win it easily but they've only won one of their last four here so it's not a brilliant hunting ground for them so at the silly price I'll take a shot at the Windies this week. 4pts B.Haddin to beat D.Ramdin (1st Inns Only) 8/11 Stan James Brad Haddin hit 55 and 20 odd not out in the 2nd test to prove he's in decent nick with the bat after his injury. Denesh Ramdin made a half century in the 1st innings of the series but hasn't made 20 in 3 knocks since then so Haddin could be matched up against him at the right time. Ramdin's pretty small really so the bounce here may well cause him problems. Haddin has a decent enough record here and I expect him to outscore his West Indian counterpart in the 1st innings in this 3rd and final test. 5pts M.Johnson's Performance Pts - 114&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Mitchell Johnson took 8 wickets in the Adelaide test match on a wicket which wouldn't necessarily help him. Having played most of his career for Western Australia, he'll know this ground inside out and has 16 wickets here in just two matches including 11 last year against South Africa. He'll lead the attack in this match in the absence of Siddle and Hilfenhaus. 5 wickets should be enough as we can get the other 14pts with runs. We could well get more than that through runs but I'd be confident of at least 14pts. I think he'll take 5 wickets as well so it's a solid bet on the overs for me.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series I think we all have the same thoughts now... I've just come back from Bet365 again to post and this time Ani has beaten me too it! I've done Johnson and Haddin for similar reasons to Ani. Both should score points with Bat and in the field. I've also taken Johnson As leading Aussie bowler, 4pts @ 9/4 with Stanjames or Skybet. He is 15/8 with most others. Is in good form having taken a fivefor in the first test and has 16 Test Match wickets at this ground. It should be a fast bowlers track for most of the test apparently as well. Have also taken D.Bravo 112+ Performance points -5pts @ 5/6 - Bet365 Similar reasons to Johnson, can score points in both disciplines. Is batting well and already has a century in this series. With the Aussies being big favourites, I would fully expect him to bat twice, unlike some of the Aussie batsman, who if they pile them on first innings may not get a bat second time round. Normally takes a few catches as well, he took a blinder to get Ponting in the last test.

3rd Test @ Perth M.Johnson Performance Points 114 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wickets This is his home ground and hes got a record of 16 wickets in 2 tests. Should pick up around 6 wickets easily and hopefully he can get some runs as well. B.Haddin Performance Points 92 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping Hes in decent form as a batsman and he should hit some big shots in the game. He can also get some catches as wicket keeper. S Chaunderpaul 1st innings runs 61 runs or more @ 2.75 bluesquare In my opinion hes the best batsman in the West Indies line up and if he gets himself set hes hard to get out. Ive always got him as top series runscorer, but i think hes out of that now unless he gets a really big score. M Hussey 1st innings runs 61 runs or more @ 2.37 bluesquare Well theres been criticism against him even though hes scored 66, 41 and 29 this series. Hopefully he can write of his critics because i think hes still a world class batsman. :clap
Mr Cricket on 81 not out :nana

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series A quick bet for some interest in the match... Australia Over 568 runs @ 2 stanjames Aussies are currently on 339/3 with Hussey well set on 81* and North on 23*. Pontings scan showed he only had bruising and will bat tomoraw when required, whats the odds that he hits a big 100 for the Aussies? Still have Haddin, Johnson & Hauritz to come in so 230 runs between 6 batsman should'nt be to hard.

A quick bet for some interest in the match... Australia Over 568 runs @ 2 stanjames Aussies are currently on 339/3 with Hussey well set on 81* and North on 23*. Pontings scan showed he only had bruising and will bat tomoraw when required, whats the odds that he hits a big 100 for the Aussies? Still have Haddin, Johnson & Hauritz to come in so 230 runs between 6 batsman should'nt be to hard.
Unlucky with this one ani. Can't understand that declaration at all. 1-0 up in the series with batting to come. Just bat :wall. Don't make Chris Gayle angry either, he's like the incredible hulk :lol. Sensational knock that was. Haddin's 80 odd should be way too many for Ramdin :hope.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Tell me about it Kev, thought they'd get to 600 they maybe declare, oh well with Haddin getting 88 runs I just need a catch from him to get his performance points in. Johnson with 35 runs and a wicket means hes got 55 points so I need 59 more points from him, 3 more wickets will do nicely!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series West Indies to get over 439.5 @ 1.83 bet365 They're currently on 214/2 with Sarwan quite set on 42* and Narsingh Denoarine on 10*. The pitch still looks good and we've still got Nash, Bravo and Ramdin to come in not to mention a few of the tail-enders who can get runs as we saw in the last test. All i gotta hope is West Indies dont declare!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - Test Series Absolutely cracking day of test cricket in Perth this morning. Enjoyed every minute of that. West Indies have fought back brilliantly to set up an interesting couple of days cricket. Haddin comfortably beat Ramdin and Johnson's within touching distance of his performance so it's looking good bet wise too.

I think we all have the same thoughts now... I've just come back from Bet365 again to post and this time Ani has beaten me too it! I've done Johnson and Haddin for similar reasons to Ani. Both should score points with Bat and in the field. I've also taken Johnson As leading Aussie bowler, 4pts @ 9/4 with Stanjames or Skybet. He is 15/8 with most others. Is in good form having taken a fivefor in the first test and has 16 Test Match wickets at this ground. It should be a fast bowlers track for most of the test apparently as well. Have also taken D.Bravo 112+ Performance points -5pts @ 5/6 - Bet365 Similar reasons to Johnson, can score points in both disciplines. Is batting well and already has a century in this series. With the Aussies being big favourites, I would fully expect him to bat twice, unlike some of the Aussie batsman, who if they pile them on first innings may not get a bat second time round. Normally takes a few catches as well, he took a blinder to get Ponting in the last test.
Bravo came in to return a small profit after bollinger took top aussie bowler. i also had haddin and johnson so a very nice return so far! If the Windies 10 and 11 can get 51 runs aswell then the 8/1 win bet would be an extra bonus....they both have 1st class 50's so anything is possible:hope