Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov

fintron

2.35 Navan With all of the recent rain this race has been in a little bit of doubt but the rain must have eased off yesterday and they are set to race on heavy ground today. One of a number of horses that relishes a slog in the mud is Away We Go, who shaped very well over fences at Limerick last time out on what was only his second run in this sphere. Prior to that he got off the mark at the first time of asking in a Tramore beginners chase, but the proximity of his finish to a sharply improving Paddy Pub last time caught my eye as he stayed on nicely from off the pace on bottomless ground. He has gone up in the weights as a result of his second placed finish but the winner has been raised in the handicap too and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that he could reverse the form today off these terms. Treacle and Paddy Pub himself are two others I give big chances too but they are priced much shorter and at the prices, and taking into account various formlines involving the three, I think Away We Go is the bet. 0.5 pt EW.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov 1.10 Aintree Woody waller looks a massive price and should not be backable e/w in my opinion! Never really fired on the flat over the summer but kept him fit and well and now makes a return to the jumps having won twice in a row when last seen in novice events form is nothing special but some behind have run ok since and clearly has a lot more to offer yet and with Howard-Johnson on fire at the moment he is far to easy to back. 0.5pt e/w woody waller 7/1 corals

Re: Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov 1205 Aintree : Sitting Tennant Interesting race and a clash of two codes, Overturn from the McCain stable is rated 88 on the flat the stable is in great form so you would have to think this one will go close. I'm siding with Sitting Tennant who won the Grade 2 bumper here last season, his debut over hurdles didnt go as planned getting beat at 2/9 but they pulled miles clear that day and he was entitled to need the run and should come on bundles for the experience. Sumak is a big price from the Murphy yard and might nick a place.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov 1.10 Aintree: Wendel Win Missed an engagement yesterday so obvious that connections felt this was a more suitable opportunity. Had a very impressive novice season last year and looks sure to go on this year. This mark should be well within his reach in this kind of contest and with stable in great form has an obvious chance. goes well fresh. :ok

Re: Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov 2.00 Musselburgh - Haka Dancer e/w This horse has shown almost absolutely nothing on british soil, but has won in Ireland and was still bang in there in contention jumping the 2nd last in his previous run. That was some sort of promise after few disappointing runs. Races few lbs out of the handicap today, but trainer clearly wants to run him off lowest weight possible to have a chance. He's entered in a lower class handicap next week where he'll have to be top weight. On his last run promise and the 3rd behind the classy Leo's Lucky Star last autumn I am attempting a chancy looking bet and hoping the horse lasts a bit more than the 1m8f he did last time.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov Oh dear. I'm going to have to go against the tip above from cc75. Aintree 1.10. Wendel. 1 point LAY Everything he says about this horse's performances last season I agree with. Five runs, producing three wins and two places, he was a model of consistency. But that was in novice company, and I just feel this is a big step up here in his first race with more experienced horses. I also feel it's a big ask to give weight to all of them, particularly as a number of them are certainly useful themselves. CC75 feels he "goes well fresh". He may well. But the evidence is limited to the fact that he won his first ever race - a maiden hurdle, where others were in the same boat - last November. He hasn't run since Feb, and it remains to be seen whether he can strip as fit as some of the opponents who have run more recently. He clearly has a chance, but at the low price I personally feel the value is in laying.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov Towcester 2.10pm Raise You Five 1pt lay 7lb rise from LTO and 3 others that are on a good form line and will give this lay a few things to think about and one will take the race or the winner will come from the rest of the field,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day - Sun 22nd Nov KILTIMONEY 1.35 Towcester. 1 point win. Proven on heavy ground and not badly weighted off a mark of 73. The trip in this ground will play to his strengths and I think he can simply outstay his rivals. Should at least hit the frame.