** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ascot - Sat 10th Oct

4.05 Ascot

Quadrille won on his debut in a Newbury maiden and then followed up when stepped up to this trip at Kempton last time out. Looks to be going the right way and form of last race has worked out well. 13/8 Bet 365, 15 pts win

5.15 Ascot

Bucked Off was a respectable fourth at Ayr over this trip and came the closest he has got to winning in the UK when fourth at this track last time out over a mile. There doesn’t look to be much pace on the cards here, which would play into his hands. 33/1 SJ, 5 pts EW (3 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Ascot - Sat 10th Oct 2.55 ICELANDIC E/W 20/1 The wetter the better for this horse. Has been running well and very capable of taking this and Haley Turner is riding with a lot of confidence which is a plus also if in the mood BRAVE PROSPECTOR 28/1 E/W(40 on BF) could go well with Mr Spencer back on board. 3.30 YOUNG MICK 16/1 E/W is back from a break if fully wound up will be there abouts as he loves it here and one at a massive price YELLOWSTONE 50/1 E/W is a very good horse on his day and interesting the Dazzler booked.

Re: Ascot - Sat 10th Oct 5.15 Stevie Thunder - ew Has been thereabouts in a few of the top handicaps this season and finished 6th last week in the Cambridgeshire. Unfortunately his consistancy means that the handicapper appears to have 'got him' on a mark he finds it difficult to win off but the cut in the ground will suit him and last week he finished the race well

Re: Ascot - Sat 10th Oct

14:55 - Prime Defender 16/1 Sportingbet Never won in group company but three times a winner in listed company, into group 3 company here but went close previously when 2nd to High Standing at Haydock, he should enjoy a bit of cut in the ground, 2 times a winner over 6 furlongs, been running ok without troubling the jude in last few runs, can get closer today. 15:30 - Classic Vintage TBP (4 places) 5/2 Paddys Amanda Perrett & Jim Crowley won this race last year with Night Crescendo and I think her runner this year will go well, 4th LTO at goodwood, faded in last furlong so the drop down a couple should suit, should enjoy the ground also. Could be drawn better but I think a place is on the cards.

Re: Ascot - Sat 10th Oct 2.15 Piccadilly Filly - EW I noticed this one on the all weather & she's a real speedster. Won a Listed race over in Deauville then finished 6th in the group 2 Flying Childers Not sure about this but I think the cut in the ground will suit her She's drawn high and most of the speed & better horses are low - the going stick suggests the better ground is high. So I can see her blasting up the far rail on her own...........

Re: Ascot - Sat 10th Oct i am another one who favours the chances of Icelandic today 2.55 ASCOT (6f, Cl1, G/S) ICELANDIC Haykey Turner rides for Frank Sheridan & has rode it twice before winning at Doncaster on soft ground in a race similar to this. And last time out she was 3rd at the Curragh btn under 2L. Saves its best form for the softer conditions which it will get today. The main concern for me would be the draw 6 in a 19 runner field as the last meeting the far side was favoured, however last years winner came from stall 5 so :hope it repeats itself for the stands side horses. 20/1 with Corals looks too big to miss EW 1-2-3 only as its a stakes not a handicap

Re: Ascot - Sat 10th Oct Ascot 3.30 - Lethal Glaze - EW Lightly raced, improving three year old having won handicaps this season off 78, 85 and 92. Is up to 99 now but will that be enough to stop him ? His record in handicaps with the word 'soft' somewhere in the going description or on polytrack is 1 1 1 1 1...........two runs ago he won on the polytrack at Kempton in quite a decent race. I think polytrack suits soft ground horses because the surface is not hard. Also it seems to be something of a mantra these days that Kempton and Ascot are similar surfaces despite one being turf and one polytrack. He's been climbing up the ranks with wins in class 5, class 4, class 3. Up to class 2 today and this is his toughest task to date Last run can be ignored - it was on good to firm at Ffos Las. he finished last beaten 9 lengths, but that just ensures decent odds today !

Re: Ascot - Sat 10th Oct YELLOWSTONE 3.30 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Not been firing recently, but had a break and been dropped in the weights, so I think things may have gone to plan, sort of thing!. Anyhow, gets in off a mark of 99 which gives him every chance on his best form, likes the trip and doesn't mind a bit of cut, so all in all would apear to have every chance.