short stackers

dico

what's everyone's view on people that sit with 10-20 BB and play all in or fold poker:unsure I personally don't mind them but it must be very boring for them! I can only presume they do it for rakeback. I think everyone at the table should just call them and just check it down! They would soon stop playing:lol

Re: short stackers They do it to spin up. Gamble, small outplay to possibly win big with some luck. They are looking for a 50/50 asap. Personally I hate buying in for less than the max, it doesn't suit my game to buy-in short being as I like to see flops - just doesn't feel comfortable. I hate it when a mini-stack sits, messes the game up.

Re: short stackers

They do it to spin up. Gamble, small outplay to possibly win big with some luck. They are looking for a 50/50 asap. Personally I hate buying in for less than the max, it doesn't suit my game to buy-in short being as I like to see flops - just doesn't feel comfortable. I hate it when a mini-stack sits, messes the game up.
what level do you play online mate? 6 seat or 10 seat? I kept diving into 2/4 or 3/6 games but never had the bankroll to succeed so decided to play .50/1 or 1/2 for a while. It's going well at the moment:ok

Re: short stackers Yeah they hugely alter how a table plays but the easy way around it is to sit at a table with 50xbb min buyin or full buy in. I think that some people have a lot of success buying in for the minimum and multitabling and leaving when they have doubled up. There was a good article about this in Inside Poker maybe a year or so ago.

Yeah they hugely alter how a table plays but the easy way around it is to sit at a table with 50xbb min buyin or full buy in. I think that some people have a lot of success buying in for the minimum and multitabling and leaving when they have doubled up. There was a good article about this in Inside Poker maybe a year or so ago.
there is a guy called fishcrusher on laddies who does it very well. must earn a fortune in rake as well.

what level do you play online mate? 6 seat or 10 seat? I kept diving into 2/4 or 3/6 games but never had the bankroll to succeed so decided to play .50/1 or 1/2 for a while. It's going well at the moment:ok
Nice one, it's important to play where you are comfortable at, financially more so than ability - if you are playing "scared" it can have a negative effect on your game. I found that out myself when playing the big cash games I used to play live. The competition wasn't great but I never felt comfortable so I was rarely on my A-game. Used to be £10/£20/£40 pot-limit, three blinds, or £5/£10/£20. Now when I play cash online it's usually 6 handed PLO, 2/5 or 5/10, 1/2 if the game is good - which it usually is on Betfair. Many times I prefer 2 tables of 1/2 than one 2/5 or 5/10 if you get me. If I wasn't playing tournaments I would probably concentrate on 5/10. :ok

Yeah they hugely alter how a table plays but the easy way around it is to sit at a table with 50xbb min buyin or full buy in. I think that some people have a lot of success buying in for the minimum and multitabling and leaving when they have doubled up. There was a good article about this in Inside Poker maybe a year or so ago.
Yeah my mate does it on WH. Once he doubles he moves to the next level. Has had some massive spin ups and is in front overall on this tactic (small %). It's not for me though. I'd rather play a MTT for the money personally.

Re: short stackers There are a lot of professional short stackers at the mid-stakes levels. Our resident six-max expert Alex Martin absolutely loathes them. He's written a really good article on beating them in the issue we're just putting to bed at the moment. A lot of them play to steal blinds, earn around 1bb/100 and earn money on rakeback. At least that is what Alex says. It's reducing poker to a more mathematical game and can be done easily over many many tables. Check out 2+2 for threads discussing optimal strategies. A lot of players find them very frustrating and you are starting to see more 50bb minimum tables as a result.

There are a lot of professional short stackers at the mid-stakes levels. Our resident six-max expert Alex Martin absolutely loathes them. He's written a really good article on beating them in the issue we're just putting to bed at the moment. A lot of them play to steal blinds, earn around 1bb/100 and earn money on rakeback. At least that is what Alex says. It's reducing poker to a more mathematical game and can be done easily over many many tables. Check out 2+2 for threads discussing optimal strategies. A lot of players find them very frustrating and you are starting to see more 50bb minimum tables as a result.
That can only be good for the game. It's probably less of a pain for me as I very rarely play NL, but if it's annoying at PL I can imagine how restraining it is at NL.

There are a lot of professional short stackers at the mid-stakes levels. Our resident six-max expert Alex Martin absolutely loathes them. He's written a really good article on beating them in the issue we're just putting to bed at the moment. A lot of them play to steal blinds, earn around 1bb/100 and earn money on rakeback. At least that is what Alex says. It's reducing poker to a more mathematical game and can be done easily over many many tables. Check out 2+2 for threads discussing optimal strategies. A lot of players find them very frustrating and you are starting to see more 50bb minimum tables as a result.
I like Alex Martins articles. Tell him Chris says thank you:ok

Re: short stackers 99% of shortstackers are hilariously terrible on full tilt there are more recently but it's profitable to get it in vs them with KJ pre when it shouldn't be at all. 95% of the 99% are doing it because they barely have a roll and the other 4% are trying to become 'pro' but have no idea what they're doing. My personal amusement is min re-raising shortstackers when they raise 2.5x pre as they fold 99% of times it's pure gold. They're very bad for the games though but the main way to beat them is to just generally put them all in because a large part of their goal is to take the blinds and dead money.

Re: short stackers Nice to know Chris :) I will pass that along. It's a good read I think. Nade, you must have been reading over his shoulder (or telling him what to write). His analysis covers a lot of tactics and player types, but for a certain type of shorty he recommends doing just that! :clap

i seem to remember the mole used to shortstack when he started playing cash,he wasn't rolled at all to play at each level so played short. no doubt it's very likely that you'll bust yourself but it could also be the quickest way up the ladder if your good:unsure
it's not about being good. It's about winning all your 50/50, 60/40, 40/60 etc

it's not about being good. It's about winning all your 50/50' date=' 60/40, 40/60 etc[/quote'] No its about being good, people make a living out of short stack poker, even more so in PLO as after Rolf Slotboom's book showed it was a winning formula when done right, they all came out of the woodwork. I don't mind playing against because their game is one dimensional you can counteract it but if you don't like it sit at a 50bb table :ok

No its about being good, people make a living out of short stack poker, even more so in PLO as after Rolf Slotboom's book showed it was a winning formula when done right, they all came out of the woodwork. I don't mind playing against because their game is one dimensional you can counteract it but if you don't like it sit at a 50bb table :ok
I must have come across bad ones. Basically if it goes limp, limp and they have an ace they go all in. found it very easy to combat.

I must have come across bad ones. Basically if it goes limp' date=' limp and they have an ace they go all in. found it very easy to combat.[/quote'] Ah yes sorry, didn't see your original point :ok Yes some short stackers are bad and if you are not bothered by them then play on!