** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ascot - Sat 26th Sept

fintron

3.40 Ascot Jim Goldie has booked Jamie Spencer to ride Punters Lounge (Middleham) syndicate horse Dhaular Dhar which is interesting as Spencer could have presumably taken his pick from a number of these with several of his regular yards all saddling up runners. As ever, I will be backing irrespective of form for that one, but Redford is the other one that interests me as he represents last years winning trainer and jockey combo and has placed form in a couple of high profile course handicaps such as the Buckingham Palace Stakes and Abu Dhabi International. He has a rail draw tomorrow which may prove useful and he is probably better than the bare result of the Gold Cup suggests at first glance as he raced on what turned out to 'bad' side of the draw whilst racing over a trip that looked sharp enough for him anyway. This return to seven furlongs, off the same mark, entitles him to go close for the inform Michael Bell. 14/1 Bet 365, 10 pts EW (5 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept 1.55 Ascot Shamwari lodge ran a blinder behind fantasia in a listed event at Doncaster, back in handicap today off a 6lb higher mark than last winning time before last at first try over this trip and well worth another shot of revised back and fast ground to suit. Alsace Lorraine has been running well all season is probably better at this trip than the 1m2f he tried last time and still ran a good race. Back to 1mile today and only 4lb higher in handicap and for once I like the booking of spencer he seems to get on well with this horse and needs a hold up ride. 0.25pt e/w shamwari lodge 8/1 hills 0.25pt e/w Alsace lorraine 12/1 vcbet

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept 3:40 Ascot I like the look of Giganticus here his last run at Ascot he got bullied out of his run so his finish came to late. But in the Buckingham Palace stakes he shown what he can do given the break. Stand side run again should hopefully give him his finish he enjoys under the guidance of Michael Hills. A horse of quality with Giants Causeway being his arl fella. 20-1 is a nice price.

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept Although in poor form i fancy Dandy Nicholls to take this. He has two bites at it with SONNY RED e/w who ran on after being slow away in the Ayr gold cup last week and didn't get the best of passages i think the extra furlong could well suit even though all wins have come at 5f maybe that is why his price of 40/1 is so big i really think he can do a bit a damage here along with his stablemate SOMETHING who is also backable e/w at 25/1. A decent e/w on both for me and a tiny RFC.

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept

Although in poor form i fancy Dandy Nicholls to take this. He has two bites at it with SONNY RED e/w who ran on after being slow away in the Ayr gold cup last week and didn't get the best of passages i think the extra furlong could well suit even though all wins have come at 5f maybe that is why his price of 40/1 is so big i really think he can do a bit a damage here along with his stablemate SOMETHING who is also backable e/w at 25/1. A decent e/w on both for me and a tiny RFC.
Both with Paddy Power 1/4 1-5

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept 4.50 Tropical Paradise is a tentative selection in a tricky Listed event. This normally goes to an unexposed 3yo without a penalty so I'm looking to the bottom of the card here. This filly has hit form recently winning in ground softer than she'd like from Enact last time. That form was franked with that one's run in the class 2 handicap here yesterday. I always try to follow fillies in form at this time of year and this one fits the bill. Being from a smaller stables I'm getting a decent price too at around 5-1.

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept I am on a bit of a losing run at the moment & not much time today hence the quick post but here goes 1.55 Annabelles Charm Fallon rides for Cumani which is the 1st positive for me plus the fact it won in this class last time out also. Loves the ground also 12/1 Paddy Power GP looks a bit of value & enough to go EW 4.50 Glowing The same combo can double up in the 4.50 race with Glowing at a big 6/1 with Corals, 1st time out for Cumani after being trained in ireland, won a grp 3 at Fairyhouse last time out 6/1 Corals

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept Ascot 3.40 Akhenten can repeat his win last time out after being raised only 3lb, would be a career high win but as a 3yo is open to more improvement coming to the end of the season looks like coming into his own. Channons horse look like they are hitting some form with alot getting places in the last week or so. :ok E/W @ 33/1 stan james

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept 3.40 Al Muheer - EW Clive Brittain's runner has finished 1st and 2nd in two 20-odd runner handicaps over this CD during the summer. Has gone up in the weights again and has to defy topweight today but he loves this place and acts on the ground and the big field plays to his strength as he lies up behind the pace and only runs flat out for the last furlong.

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept sory tis is brief but on fone in middle of field thought long n hard about tis! 415 on paper rip van is the one to beat but delegator looked amazin last time out and detori seems to rely lik tis horse n says a lot an i am hopin his amazin turn of foot and slightly leasier races than rip van has run may pay to side with him 1 pt win delegator 5/2 vcbet

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept 1:55 Ascot: Shamwari Lodge 3pts win 6/1 William Hill (bog) & Cosmopolitan 1pt e/w 20/1 Paddy Power (bog) Shamwari Lodge found Fantasia took good last time out, but had previously won well at York. She is up six pounds today but there could be more to come. Cosmoplitan has been tried in both a Group One and a Group Three, although this would seem a more realistic level amd only three pounds higher than win at Newbury in July. Had a break and can come back here refreshed.

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept About time I got posting on here again. Been a while 13.55 2 pts ew Balaagha @ 14/1 This ultra consistent 3 year old catches my eye here today against older horses, and I am loving the price quoted of 14/1. Since winning his maiden, he has seemed to fall in love with finishing 2nd. However, he has been beaten by some decent types and a 1 length defeat to Strawberry Daiquiri isnt bad at all. He dissapointed last time, but I dont think he was in love with Bath, and an absence since suggests he wasnt 100% that day. Today, he comes here with the top speed ratings in the field, and should go very very close.

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept 16.50 2 pts ew Red Dune @ 10/1 I had this race down to 2 horses, Tropical Paradise and Red Dune. Eventually, I decided on the latter as my selection. After an inconsistent season, the Jarvis yard are finding a great run of form now, and they have a 35% strike rate with their runners in the last 2 weeks. This horse isnt easy to catch right, but I feel today represents one of his best chances in a while. He looked to be returning to form last time when running well behind Fantasia, and Frankie booked today suggests they are expecting a good run. If he can return to the form he showed 3 starts ago, he will go close, and he clearly didnt handle the trip (or track?) at Pontefract. I'm expecting a good run from him today. 17.25 4 pts win Sweetheart @ 7/2 This horse looks the best bet of the day today by a long way. He comes out on top on both speed figures, and collateral form and handicap marks. On Speed figures, if he can run up to any of his most recent 2 runs, he will have the beating of all of these, and he looks well handicapped also. He has been given a mark of 80 to run off here, and if you go back to his Ascot run 2 starts back over the same trip, there are some interesting things to be found. The winner of the race, Alanbrooke, is now rated 102 (finished 5 lengths ahead of Sweetheart), and the 3rd Bernie the Bolt franked the form by winning just a few days ago. He is now rated 82, despite finishing 2 1/2 lengths behind Sweetheart. So, if this is to be believed, Sweetheart should really be rated in the high 80's, and he looks a good few pounds well in.

Re: Ascot - Sat 26th Sept 4:15 Ascot: Zacinto 1pt win 28/1 Stan James (bog) Going in to the Celebration Mile at Goodwood informed opinion suggested there might be little between Zacinto and Delegator. On the day Delegator ran out a comfortable winner. However, today's race is likely to be run at a much faster pace and this could allow Zacinto to settle better. All things being equal Zacinto looks an unlikely winner, but looking at the prices 28/1 looks awfully big about a Sir Michael Stoute trained Ryan Moore ridden runner. Worth a point.