Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept

fintron

4.30 Yarmouth Michael Jarvis has an excellent record at this track and his Hidden Brief could potentially be better than listed class. I think Nashmiah sets the standard but has less scope for progression, and Jarvis' daughter of Barathea was impressive when landing a Newbury maiden last time out. The second has won her next two to boost that form and although she could only manage fourth in the Cheshire Oaks in May, the winner did get the run of the race. Her second to Star Ruby at Sandown reads well as that rival had the beating of Enticement (who opposes here) in the Musidora. 8/1 Paddypower, 5 pts EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept 5.00 Yarmouth Indy driver is hatrick seeking and is only 5lb higher since last win, back down to mile which seems to be his best trip, Dane Oniell taking the ride again. May have preferred a shower or too over night. Hustle has looked a little out of sorts recently but been running good enough in unfavourable circumstances on all weather, heavy ground and unsuitable trip back to a suitable trip and fast ground and now 5lb lower than last winning mark back in may. 1pt win indy driver 0.25pt e/w hustle

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept OK guys hope you dont mind but im going to have a shot at this, been lurking in the background whilst never contributing. Am in no way an experienced or winning punter and in the past have tended to go with basic form etc along with a good sounding write up! Considering I have had a little time on my hands this morning Im going to have a go at picking something without the assistance of others, hope its cool, and please feel free to give any feedback....so here goes - losing my virginity with this one!:) 13.40 Yarmouth With a short priced favourite raised 5lbs for its win lto(?) there may be a value play elsewhere, granted it only pays 3 on the places but Im on a big learning curve. Im going to side with Many Welcomes, she seems to have run pretty consistently on her last few starts, apart from the last where she never seemed to get in the race (or so it says on the SL website). She has only raced over this trip twice before, once when with no run when encountering heavy going for the 1st time and on her penultimate start where she finished a promising 2nd over this C&D. Before that she won over 1 furlong further on todays going (which she seems to run better on) with same jockey running on strongly. Appears to be a bit of a slow starter and the shorter trips which she has mainly run on look to be a little too sharp for her. 0.5 pts e/w @9/1 BOG Paddy Power Wow! That took me close to an hour!

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept Welcome to ATR Superfoo :ok 2.10 Yarmouth Roar of Applause drops into claiming grade for the first time, despite holding his own in handicap company. Sixth in a valuable handicap at Ascot in July he followed that up with a decent second to the progressive Musleh at Kempton. That run suggests he can run to his official mark of 79 and I fancy him over the likes of Cruikadyke and Darcey who are regulars at plating level and don't look open to the same level of improvement. 9/4 VC Bet, 1 pt win. 3.55 Yarmouth Red Jade is well handicapped and may have more to offer for his new yard but may also prefer slower ground, so Fastnet Storm is my pick here. Tom Tate's gelding is 3 lbs higher than when winning at Pontefract in June and ran well off 1 lb lower at Chester, latest. He won't mind good/firm ground one bet and thus may have more to offer. 5/1 Stan James, 0.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept 4.30 Yarmouth Hidden Brief and Enticement looked really interesting in this but both have been withdrawn. Nashmiah sets the standard here in my opinion and Splashdown has more to offer, but Crimson Ribbon could be the call at the price. John Gosden's filly is lightly raced after just two starts and is nicely bred as a half-sister to Bronze Cannon, sired by Lemon Drop Kid, both of whom have/had form around this trip. She started slowly on her debut in a Wolverhampton maiden but stayed on well when the penny dropped and picked up a Newmarket maiden when last seen. She tackles this trip for the first time and could be worth a punt. 20/1 SJ, 5 pts EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept

OK guys hope you dont mind but im going to have a shot at this, been lurking in the background whilst never contributing. Am in no way an experienced or winning punter and in the past have tended to go with basic form etc along with a good sounding write up! Considering I have had a little time on my hands this morning Im going to have a go at picking something without the assistance of others, hope its cool, and please feel free to give any feedback....so here goes - losing my virginity with this one!:) 13.40 Yarmouth With a short priced favourite raised 5lbs for its win lto(?) there may be a value play elsewhere, granted it only pays 3 on the places but Im on a big learning curve. Im going to side with Many Welcomes, she seems to have run pretty consistently on her last few starts, apart from the last where she never seemed to get in the race (or so it says on the SL website). She has only raced over this trip twice before, once when with no run when encountering heavy going for the 1st time and on her penultimate start where she finished a promising 2nd over this C&D. Before that she won over 1 furlong further on todays going (which she seems to run better on) with same jockey running on strongly. Appears to be a bit of a slow starter and the shorter trips which she has mainly run on look to be a little too sharp for her. 0.5 pts e/w @9/1 BOG Paddy Power Wow! That took me close to an hour!
Welcome to ATR! Nothing wrong with that write-up at all. I fancy this one as well, have it on my tracker and feel the horse is in with an each way shout as well, not got time for a proper write up though but I will have a small each way on the horse.

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept Yarmouth 4.30 - Nashmiah - win Looks like a four horse race on the ratings for this listed fillies stakes Sweet Lily is a 3 times listed winner but has looked reluctant to race last couple of starts. She has her ideal trip and ground today, but does she want to run ? Splashdown and Flame of Gibraltar also have the form to win this, but both of them look like more staying types. Both of them might be vulnerable to a horse with a good turn of foot. Nashmiah has a good change of gear which she showed last time at Goodwood in a listed race, quickening clear to win going away. Hopefully she'll whoosh past them in the final furlong. Ten furlongs on good to firm looks ideal for Clive Brittain's filly and she is the top rated on official figures

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept 15.55 Yarmouth Clerk's Choice to win Only tried at this trip twice, finished 3rd and 2nd. That 2nd came LTO at Chester which was a very good run since he overcome a high draw to get up for 2nd place. Is up 2lbs for that run but I think he can win off the mark hes on. He has won over 9 furlongs off a mark of 77 and has several other place form over different trips. He is also proven on the ground conditions today as well. Should be a tight contest with a few others running consistently as of late. 1 pt win Clerk's Choice @ 4/1 (VC - BOG)

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept 16:30 Yarmouth Got this field down to 3: Splashdown, Flame of Gibralatar and Nashmiah. Splashdown has recorded 2 wins, 1 2nd and 1 3rd from 6 runs. 3 of her runs have been over today's distance where she has won 1 and finished 4th and 2nd on the two other runs over the trip. The 2nd was her latest run where she was 2nd in a Listed race off a mark of 102. 5/6 of her runs have been in listed company so she has plenty of experience at this level. Has came up against Flame of Gibraltar on 1 occasion, Flame of Gibraltar finished a shd in front of her when 4/11 in a listed race over 12 furlongs at Newmarket. Flame Of Gibraltar was 1lb higher in the weights that day. They run off equal weights today but over a shorter a trip I fancy Splashdown to reverse that form. FOG is 1/1 at this trip when she won her maiden at Lingfield on turf. Has run over 12 furlongs on 4 occasions since and has yet to win at that trip. Nashmiah has had 14 runs, notching up 4 wins and two 3rds in that 14 runs. Has won off marks of 99 103 and 102. Only been tried at this trip twice, the first time she was way out her depth in a Group 1 race where she finished 10/10. Did very well in a listed race where she was 3rd behind "Strawberrydaiquiri and Ada River". "Ada River" finished 2nd in a listed race at Sandown at 16:05 today which was the horses only run since that race at Sandown. Nashmiah won on her 2nd attempt at 10 furlongs LTO when she won a listed race at Goodwood off a mark of 102. Has been raised 5lbs for the win but I feel she has a great chance of winning her 2nd race in a row. Struggled to pick one out but decided to go for Splashdown as I think she will improve from her last run and go on to win this race. 1 pt win Splashdown @ 2/1

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept

16:30 Yarmouth Got this field down to 3: Splashdown, Flame of Gibralatar and Nashmiah. Splashdown has recorded 2 wins, 1 2nd and 1 3rd from 6 runs. 3 of her runs have been over today's distance where she has won 1 and finished 4th and 2nd on the two other runs over the trip. The 2nd was her latest run where she was 2nd in a Listed race off a mark of 102. 5/6 of her runs have been in listed company so she has plenty of experience at this level. Has came up against Flame of Gibraltar on 1 occasion, Flame of Gibraltar finished a shd in front of her when 4/11 in a listed race over 12 furlongs at Newmarket. Flame Of Gibraltar was 1lb higher in the weights that day. They run off equal weights today but over a shorter a trip I fancy Splashdown to reverse that form. FOG is 1/1 at this trip when she won her maiden at Lingfield on turf. Has run over 12 furlongs on 4 occasions since and has yet to win at that trip. Nashmiah has had 14 runs, notching up 4 wins and two 3rds in that 14 runs. Has won off marks of 99 103 and 102. Only been tried at this trip twice, the first time she was way out her depth in a Group 1 race where she finished 10/10. Did very well in a listed race where she was 3rd behind "Strawberrydaiquiri and Ada River". "Ada River" finished 2nd in a listed race at Sandown at 16:05 today which was the horses only run since that race at Sandown. Nashmiah won on her 2nd attempt at 10 furlongs LTO when she won a listed race at Goodwood off a mark of 102. Has been raised 5lbs for the win but I feel she has a great chance of winning her 2nd race in a row. Struggled to pick one out but decided to go for Splashdown as I think she will improve from her last run and go on to win this race. 1 pt win Splashdown @ 2/1
Picked the wrong one again :wall Well done Trotter though :clap

Re: Yarmouth - Wed 16th Sept 17:00 Yarmouth: Arizona John to win Nothced up some nice form on recent outings with his form reading 1331. Won a Class 4 handicap LTO off a mark of 70, raised 4lbs for that win today but he has won off a higher mark (79) over in Ireland and has ran off a mark as high as 87! Had a good 3rd off 70 as well when he finished behind "Kaolak" who hasn't looked back since that race with form of 211 since, his latest win coming off a mark of 92. The 2nd in that race "Seasonal Cross" has also gone on to win since off a mark of 58 albeit in a Class 6 handicap. Jockey's only ride of the day which is a positive for me. 1 pt win Arizona John @ 4/1 (VC - BOG)