** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Well Done Guys,having A Little Break In Magaluf On Last Weeks Winning But Still Managed To Have A Little $5o Treble Up On Man Utd,bayern Munich And Real Madrid-1 After Reading This Thread...keep Up The Good Work Boys And Lets Hope For Some Of The Same Tomorrow...at First Glance Tomorrows Games Look A Bit More Trickier,and The Only Thing That Is Jumping Out At Me Is Maybe Arsenal-1,but Will Wait For Team News First
Well done i see you went with the MAn Utd, Bayern and Real mad -1 bets.. Well done to you..

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Having watched Rangers at Motherwell on saturday I feel confident that Stuttgart will beat them comfortably. They have absolutely no creativity in midfield and in fact I thought that Mendes and McCulloch looked lacking in fitness. I also expect Walter Smith to continue his anti-football 4-5-1 formation and try and snuff out Stuttgart until we die of boredom. Bougherra is the one class player in the Rangers team but David Weir is beginning to show his age and was limping significantly in the second half at Fir Park. I feel his recent spell of 2 games in a week for Scotland and Rangers will catch up with him here. The only ray of hope is if Steven Naismith or Nacho Novo which would improve their chances of scoring. However defensively they do not do well and I expect they will be on the bench again Recommendation Stuttgart (-1) AH 7/6 bet365 Good Luck

Hi fellas.... Decent night for me tonight, so I come into tomorrow nights games on a good run :) Wednesday Champions League: Standard Leige V Arsenal - Standard Leige (+1) @ 2.50 (Bet365) ... I fancy the Belgians to get something here and I am snapping up the 2.50 on offer for Standard Leige +1 :hope:hope GL everyone :hope:hope
1.Defour broke his foot on Saturday and he's an important playmaker for Standart. 2.De Camergo is doubtful for Standart too. 3.Eduardo appeal accepted. http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=512/newsid=886157.html Anyway GL :hope

Having watched Rangers at Motherwell on saturday I feel confident that Stuttgart will beat them comfortably. They have absolutely no creativity in midfield and in fact I thought that Mendes and McCulloch looked lacking in fitness. I also expect Walter Smith to continue his anti-football 4-5-1 formation and try and snuff out Stuttgart until we die of boredom. Bougherra is the one class player in the Rangers team but David Weir is beginning to show his age and was limping significantly in the second half at Fir Park. I feel his recent spell of 2 games in a week for Scotland and Rangers will catch up with him here. The only ray of hope is if Steven Naismith or Nacho Novo which would improve their chances of scoring. However defensively they do not do well and I expect they will be on the bench again Recommendation Stuttgart (-1) AH 7/6 bet365 Good Luck
I completely 100% agree with this. Scottish sides are notoriously poor away from home anyway, so for Rangers to get anything they'd have to perform miracles.

1.Defour broke his foot on Saturday and he's an important playmaker for Standart. 2.De Camergo is doubtful for Standart too. 3.Eduardo appeal accepted. http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=512/newsid=886157.html Anyway GL :hope
Yeah I know this mate, I included Eduardo in the Arsenal squad that travelled. I agree Defour and De Camergo will be a loss to the home side but I still think they can get something from the match. Would an away draw be so bad for Wenger..?? Especially with all his injuries etc....They also have a MUST WIN home game against Wigan on Saturday to think about.

Yeah I know this mate, I included Eduardo in the Arsenal squad that travelled. I agree Defour and De Camergo will be a loss to the home side but I still think they can get something from the match. Would an away draw be so bad for Wenger..?? Especially with all his injuries etc....They also have a MUST WIN home game against Wigan on Saturday to think about.
Ofcoz.Draw won't be a tragedy for Arsenal but there are some changes in Standart since last season. I'm sure you're well informed but ...anyway. Some copy-paste action below. ;) Onyewu => Sold AC Milan Dante => Sold Borussia Fellaini => Sold Everton Witsel => Bad form Defour => Broken foot De Camargo ??? GL mate :hope

Ofcoz.Draw won't be a tragedy for Arsenal but there are some changes in Standart since last season. I'm sure you're well informed but ...anyway. Some copy-paste action below. ;) Onyewu => Sold AC Milan Dante => Sold Borussia Fellaini => Sold Everton Witsel => Bad form Defour => Broken foot De Camargo ??? GL mate :hope
Thanks alot for the info mate, wasnt eniterly sure of who had departed from the club and who was still there but that is helpfull :ok Not placed the bet yet, may sleep on it tonight and see if I feel differently tomorrow, thanks alot for the advice though :clap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarab viewpost.gif 1.Defour broke his foot on Saturday and he's an important playmaker for Standart. 2.De Camergo is doubtful for Standart too. 3.Eduardo appeal accepted. http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/k...id=886157.html Anyway GL crossfingers.gif
It would be a bad result for Wenger yes not to win. Arsenal will be "gunning" for this competition, as they probo know that they wont win the Prem league, even at this early stage.. This is their best hope this year of big glory, and Arsenal will be happy wiht a top 4 finish in the league.. After the loss to Man Utd and MAn City they will likely want a positive result here to boost morale. They are more than capable of getting 3 points here as Standard are not as strong right now as people might think this season. They were strong last season. With injury problems right now and player sales, Standard will be come up short against a near full strength Arsenal... cant comment too much on this game as I dont know whos missing for Arsenal right at this Second, but i will give a more in depth analysis of the game tomorrow. DOnt place bets just yet, but I think Arsenal will probo win.. If Arsenal have most players available then -1 could be even worth trying..

It would be a bad result for Wenger yes not to win. Arsenal will be "gunning" for this competition, as they probo know that they wont win the Prem league, even at this early stage.. This is their best hope this year of big glory, and Arsenal will be happy wiht a top 4 finish in the league.. After the loss to Man Utd and MAn City they will likely want a positive result here to boost morale. They are more than capable of getting 3 points here as Standard are not as strong right now as people might think this season. They were strong last season. With injury problems right now and player sales, Standard will be come up short against a near full strength Arsenal... cant comment too much on this game as I dont know whos missing for Arsenal right at this Second, but i will give a more in depth analysis of the game tomorrow. DOnt place bets just yet, but I think Arsenal will probo win.. If Arsenal have most players available then -1 could be even worth trying..
I'v already told you the Arsenal sqaud thats travelled to Belgium in my above post on this page....I'v also mentioned who is missing....Arsenal are far from full strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellfan3 viewpost.gif Having watched Rangers at Motherwell on saturday I feel confident that Stuttgart will beat them comfortably. They have absolutely no creativity in midfield and in fact I thought that Mendes and McCulloch looked lacking in fitness. I also expect Walter Smith to continue his anti-football 4-5-1 formation and try and snuff out Stuttgart until we die of boredom. Bougherra is the one class player in the Rangers team but David Weir is beginning to show his age and was limping significantly in the second half at Fir Park. I feel his recent spell of 2 games in a week for Scotland and Rangers will catch up with him here. The only ray of hope is if Steven Naismith or Nacho Novo which would improve their chances of scoring. However defensively they do not do well and I expect they will be on the bench again Recommendation Stuttgart (-1) AH 7/6 bet365 Good Luck
I completely 100% agree with this. Scottish sides are notoriously poor away from home anyway, so for Rangers to get anything they'd have to perform miracles.
Listen i know you dont like me very much, but personaly i would think twice about this one Stuttgart havent exactly set the league alight in Germany yet, and they have only managed to win one game so far this season. in the league that is. they managed to qualify for the league stage of the CHampions league but not in convincing style.. Rangers although may be under estimated here by most people, I wont be doing that, becasue they have good European experience especially in the Uefa cup, They are especially good at getting draws and counter attacking against good teams. THey could pull off a 0-0 here i reckon against Stuttgart.. So be careful on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegaygambler viewpost.gif It would be a bad result for Wenger yes not to win. Arsenal will be "gunning" for this competition, as they probo know that they wont win the Prem league, even at this early stage.. This is their best hope this year of big glory, and Arsenal will be happy wiht a top 4 finish in the league.. After the loss to Man Utd and MAn City they will likely want a positive result here to boost morale. They are more than capable of getting 3 points here as Standard are not as strong right now as people might think this season. They were strong last season. With injury problems right now and player sales, Standard will be come up short against a near full strength Arsenal... cant comment too much on this game as I dont know whos missing for Arsenal right at this Second, but i will give a more in depth analysis of the game tomorrow. DOnt place bets just yet, but I think Arsenal will probo win.. If Arsenal have most players available then -1 could be even worth trying..
I'v already told you the Arsenal sqaud thats travelled to Belgium in my above post on this page....I'v also mentioned who is missing....Arsenal are far from full strength.
I need to check this myself. I understand your facts may be accurate but I cant be sure.

His facts are accurate...that is the squad that is travelling. The injuries are also accurate' date=' Arsenal are no where near full strength as you stated[/quote'] Cheers mate, whats your thoughts as an Arsenal fan on the game.? Obviously the Gunners can achieve a victory here, but would a draw really be THAT bad a result for you.? I mean you'll take care of them probably at home with a fitter squad.

Originally Posted by Wellfan3 viewpost.gif Having watched Rangers at Motherwell on saturday I feel confident that Stuttgart will beat them comfortably. They have absolutely no creativity in midfield and in fact I thought that Mendes and McCulloch looked lacking in fitness. I also expect Walter Smith to continue his anti-football 4-5-1 formation and try and snuff out Stuttgart until we die of boredom.
DOnt be fooled by the Motherwell game. Rangers have a bad record away to motherwell in the league, also they did dominate most of the game. I feel here Rangers will be trying alot harder against Stuttgart though to get a point or 3 points than they were at Motherwell. I dont Rate Rangers highly but right now, stuttgart havent produced anything in their domestic league accept a win against Frieburg. As I said before, this is not a game i have even looked into yet either, so i just thought id tell you a few facts before you get too excited over this one. I know people are Eager, but ill be back later for better analysis.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Possible Starting XI for Arsenal at Liege: Mannone, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Diaby, Fabregas, Rosicky, Song, Bendtner, Eduardo. (source: goal.com) Ok, team's got injuries and absences, but still line-up is very competitive...

DOnt be fooled by the Motherwell game. Rangers have a bad record away to motherwell in the league' date=' [b']also they did dominate most of the game. I feel here Rangers will be trying alot harder against Stuttgart though to get a point or 3 points than they were at Motherwell. I dont Rate Rangers highly but right now, stuttgart havent produced anything in their domestic league accept a win against Frieburg. As I said before, this is not a game i have even looked into yet either, so i just thought id tell you a few facts before you get too excited over this one. I know people are Eager, but ill be back later for better analysis.
I disagree, I watched the Motherwell game and thought Motherwell more than matched the Gers for a good bit of the game, Motherwell also missed a late penalty to take all three points. I certainly disagree that Rangers will be trying harder to get three points away to Stuttgart than in an away domestic game....the SPL is Rangers and Celtics bread and butter, winning that is their main objective, it can be so tight in the championship that every point counts and Walter Smith knows this. I dunno how the Stuttgart - Rangers game will go though.

Cheers mate' date=' whats your thoughts as an Arsenal fan on the game.? Obviously the Gunners can achieve a victory here, but would a draw really be THAT bad a result for you.? I mean you'll take care of them probably at home with a fitter squad.[/quote'] To be honest with the squad available and considering how poor our group is, a draw wouldn't be bad. I don't know too much about Standard but I understand they are missing a few important players and are a very different team from the one that almost knocked Liverpool out last year. The odds are too short on Arsenal imo, I really don't like thinking about what kind of midfield we're going to put out if Wenger sticks with the 4-3-3. Maybe Song, Fabregas and then Eboue centre mid? with Bendtner on the right and I don't think Rosicky is ready to start so probably Diaby on the left again. Also Mannone in goal doesn't fill me with confidence at all. I havn't seen him play for a while but my vague memories of his performances weren't great. Saying all that that team should still beat Standard (even if it would struggle massively in the prem) but I think the odds are too short and no, a draw would not be a terrible result at all imo

Possible Starting XI for Arsenal at Liege: Mannone, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Diaby, Fabregas, Rosicky, Song, Bendtner, Eduardo. (source: goal.com) Ok, team's got injuries and absences, but still line-up is very competitive...
Agree mate they have the players to win the game, I just dont see any value @1.5 given the amount of injuries they have

Possible Starting XI for Arsenal at Liege: Mannone, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Diaby, Fabregas, Rosicky, Song, Bendtner, Eduardo. (source: goal.com) Ok, team's got injuries and absences, but still line-up is very competitive...
Unsure whether Wenger will risk Rosicky tbh, knowing his policy on nursing players coming back from inury I would not expect him to start

To be honest with the squad available and considering how poor our group is, a draw wouldn't be bad. I don't know too much about Standard but I understand they are missing a few important players and are a very different team from the one that almost knocked Liverpool out last year. The odds are too short on Arsenal imo, I really don't like thinking about what kind of midfield we're going to put out if Wenger sticks with the 4-3-3. Maybe Song, Fabregas and then Eboue centre mid? with Bendtner on the right and I don't think Rosicky is ready to start so probably Diaby on the left again. Also Mannone in goal doesn't fill me with confidence at all. I havn't seen him play for a while but my vague memories of his performances weren't great. Saying all that that team should still beat Standard (even if it would struggle massively in the prem) but I think the odds are too short and no, a draw would not be a terrible result at all imo
Thanks for your opinion mate....always like to hear the opinion of the fans on teams involved in my bets. I dont really know too much about Standard either, I was impressed with them last season but as you say few changes have been made to that team. I think Liverpool will win tomorow, so if Arsenal do win all 4 English teams will have got off to a winning campaign, wonder what odds you would have got on that :)

I think Liverpool will win tomorow' date=' so if Arsenal do win all 4 English teams will have got off to a winning campaign, wonder what odds you would have got on that :)[/quote'] I think all the English teams have been priced pretty poorly in this opening round. I didn't think United were such massive favourites and Chelsea struggled at times against Porto. But Arsenal is the one I am least confident on, I wouldn't advise backing them at those odds at all and your bet may be a better option

I think all the English teams have been priced pretty poorly in this opening round. I didn't think United were such massive favourites and Chelsea struggled at times against Porto. But Arsenal is the one I am least confident on' date=' I wouldn't advise backing them at those odds at all and your bet may be a better option[/quote'] Thanks mate, appreciate your thoughts and advice, obviously Arsenal can win the game comfortably but at 1.5 I aint backing them so will look to Liege to take something

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Standard have only managed 1 victory so far in the league this Season at home. THey have been playing some crappy teams so far too. Even if that will be the Arsenal line up, I think its probably good enough to be honest. If Rosicky does play, then Fabregas, DIaby and song aslo isnt a bad midfield, Wilshire benched., Bendtner and Eduardo up front is good enough in attack. Also the Defence is unchanged and is as good is it gets with Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy..The only weakness may be the Goal keeper..

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Might get certain negative reaction, but along with other picks had a small to medium stake on Both to Score in Liverpool. I watched the Hungarians a couple of times - tactically they are very good, and very fast on top of that. I don't think Liverpool will underestimate anyone at Anfield, yet I am not happy with the AH line -2,5 AH at 1,95 - the visitors will not hide IMO, they have no reason to. At 2,75 with bet365. Elsewhere if the CL logic is to prevail, then Olympiakos should grab all 3 points, and so will Lyon - I don't think AZ are good enough for this League ATM, do not have the experience and the players. Maybe a risky bet after the good impression BATE left here last season, maybe some ageing stars won't play at all cylinders for the Greeks, still I will go with the logic - Olympiakos to win @ 2,05. The Over in Kiyv is at 2,33 - I can't miss these odds despite the stats with the Russians pointing toward the Under - CL is a different story, I would rather trust the history - in previous seasons Kiyv was rather an Overish place to be. Maybe Over 2 Goals @ 1,71 is by far safer, but I have lowered my stakes a bit. These, along with Lyon @ 1,75 are mine so far, hope to spot an attractive pick here later today. GL P.S. Not much of my business guys, but many of you will do yourself a favour if you simply stop waving tens of thousands of Euros or US Dollars around the forum. I do not think you will impress anyone here with cash - as a rule those who are LOADED LOADED do not waste time in forums, they have work to do. AND above all even if I am wrong, it is about time you learn a keyword - modesty - how do you think a small-time punter feels here after a winning acca with 5 Euro when he reads about ''ten thousands on a double''. I would think either I do not belong to the ''PL Elite Club'' or a bunch of idiots are meeting here. AND I am still having fun, i.e. I could have been a lot older.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Tomorrow I saw preview of CL groups contains introduce each team including Debrecen. For guys from Debrecen is this match fullfilling of children dream. They told about dream to play at Liverpool stadium and so on. Interview with players sounded submissing with honor to Liverpool. From all this I have strong feeling that Debrecen will be so much blanked that there will be problem to score for them.