** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Might get certain negative reaction' date=' but along with other picks had a small to medium stake on [b']Both to Score in Liverpool. I watched the Hungarians a couple of times - tactically they are very good, and very fast on top of that. I don't think Liverpool will underestimate anyone at Anfield, yet I am not happy with the AH line -2,5 AH at 1,95 - the visitors will not hide IMO, they have no reason to. At 2,75 with bet365. Elsewhere if the CL logic is to prevail, then Olympiakos should grab all 3 points, and so will Lyon - I don't think AZ are good enough for this League ATM, do not have the experience and the players. Maybe a risky bet after the good impression BATE left here last season, maybe some ageing stars won't play at all cylinders for the Greeks, still I will go with the logic - Olympiakos to win @ 2,05. The Over in Kiyv is at 2,33 - I can't miss these odds despite the stats with the Russians pointing toward the Under - CL is a different story, I would rather trust the history - in previous seasons Kiyv was rather an Overish place to be. Maybe Over 2 Goals @ 1,71 is by far safer, but I have lowered my stakes a bit. These, along with Lyon @ 1,75 are mine so far, hope to spot an attractive pick here later today. GL
Good tipping here nicko with Debrecen having their chances to score :clap Liverpool -2.5 @ 1.93 :@ Lyon @ 1.78 :D Sevilla -1.5 @ 1.81 :D Arsenal @ 1.64 :D

There are so far three bets I like the look of in addition to Stuutgart and Arsenal to win their respective games. Lyon V Fiorentina BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 1.99. :@ Sevilla TO WIN BOTH HALVES @ 2.50 V Unirea Urziceni. :) Liverpool TO WIN BOTH HALVES @ 1.80 V Debreceni. :@ I also like Glen Johnson to score anytime @ 6.50. :@
Lyon, Fiorentina seemed to have been ruined by the referee. Liverpool were awful tonight. I know I had a vested interest in tonight's game, but even so, they were terrible, even from an unbiased view. It seemed as though Glen Johnson had been told to defend all game, which was crazy when you're playing a side lacking in technical ability. All due respect to Debreceni, but they didn't look technically sound. Benitez brought off Benayoun, which was the final straw for me. He was outstanding, and it was such a negative move that it brought about a sluggishness in Liverpool's play allowing Debreceni to come into the game more towards the end. Liverpool started miss placing passes. Rubbish stuff. A vast majority of their corners didn't even beat the first man. Liverpool's final corner was a joke.

Both to Score in Liverpool @ 2' date=75 :$ Olympiakos to win @ 2,05. :) Over in Kiyv @ 2,33 :) Lyon @ 1,75 :)
:) A bit ambitious that first one but overall 3 out of 4 at generous odds - no need to complain . Hope everyone did well :ok

LOL.Russian leauge and CL are 2 different competitions mate.How much did they pay to win Russian League?;)47 goals in 21 games so?Dynamo scored 11 in first 2 and?it doesn't mean alot.It's Rubin's first CL game and i'm sure they will be a bit nervous and careful as they have fcuk all experience in europe.remember what Dynamo did to spartak last year?:lol

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September wouldn't really say the ref ruined the lyon game; the send off was harsh but it was just very stupid play by gilardino. The ref could have very easily send off another two fiorentina players in the 2nd half. Fiorentina's best chance came in the 3rd minute of stoppage time...

Good tipping here nicko with Debrecen having their chances to score :clap Liverpool -2.5 @ 1.93 :@ Lyon @ 1.78 :D Sevilla -1.5 @ 1.81 :D Arsenal @ 1.64 :D
It was more like guessing - it is one thing playing Levski Sofia and another - at Anfield. I am still positive this Hungarian team has a good chance of upsetting the calculations the big boys in the group are making - I saw what I saw - an average but very modern football team, who on top were not in full strenght tonight. I see you did well, congratulations, blackcrow :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September It's amazing how often you see a big favourite (Liverpool) struggle against a really poor side who just dig in. It doesn't suit Liverpool to make all the running. I just hope it clouds the layers' judgement next time and we get a juicy price on Liverpool away from home next time ;)

It's amazing how often you see a big favourite (Liverpool) struggle against a really poor side who just dig in. It doesn't suit Liverpool to make all the running. I just hope it clouds the layers' judgement next time and we get a juicy price on Liverpool away from home next time wink2.gif
It seems to be a growing trend this kind of thing. Ive found it happens alot, that Odds on favs seem to under score at home against real Underdogs. The better teams seem to score more Goals away than at home. Liverpool will probably score more goals in the away fixture against Debrecen. Its something im looking into at the moment.

It seems to be a growing trend this kind of thing. Ive found it happens alot' date=' that Odds on favs seem to under score at home against real Underdogs. The better teams seem to score more Goals away than at home. Liverpool will probably score more goals in the away fixture against Debrecen. Its something im looking into at the moment.[/quote'] It's because like you saw with Maccabi vs Bayern the minnows these days actually look to attack anyone at home, sneak a goal then defend. If they go behind they attack, throw people forward to try and get on terms. Bayern just picked them off yesterday. Where as away it's a totally different story, they park their bus and try to keep the score down. I knew not to bet a big handicap with Liverpool since i simply knew nothing about Debreceni and how they would play. Same with the Romanian team who played against sevilla aswell.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September We may not have known how they would play, but we all could guess that they would defend like hell. A team like liverpool should beat the handicap every day against a team like that, they were simply uninspiring. Just awful. I think it is embarassing and it was a waste of 90 mins of my life watching it - not to mention some money.

Liege-Arsenal- this is a tough one to call' date= simply because of not knowing what teams will line up. If Rosicky starts then Arsenal will win this. He's a far better and more important player than RVP as he makes the midfield tick and brings the best out of players like Fabregas. With a dodgy keeper in goal, Rosicky playing will mean Arsenal might be okay as their attack will be their defence. If Rosicky doesn't play, I can see Arsenal struggling and Liege might enjoy success with their pressing and harassing. Not knowing the team news, I think OVER 2.5 GOALS is a good bet. I would be very surprised if we kept a clean sheet with Mannone in goal and I can also see us scoring. 2-2 or 2-1 scoreline either way is likely. Stuttgart-Rangers - Similar to Rosicky, if Alexander Hleb is fit, expect Stuttgart to win this. Hleb always tears Scottish teams a new one when he plays against them so him playing will definately give Stuttgart an edge. If he doesn't, then Rangers could easily get a draw. They're not bad away from home in the champions league, better than Celtic anyway and Stuttgart without Hleb won't scare them. The constant injury doubts to star players for these games is really annoying to be honest, makes for alot of risky bets. It looks like Hleb will make it so Stuttgart to win for me and even without him they should stand a decent chance although draw looks most likely. Inter-Barca- I think this will be UNDER 2.5. Barca will enjoy most of the possession and will be content to control the tempo of the game. I think they will easily contain inter, who for me remain very ordinary in midfield. If Barca can get a goal they will, but I think they will be content for a point and rest easy in the knowledge that they've handled Inter with ease at the San Siro.
Decent analysis by myself I must say, especially on the Barca game. Maybe attached too much importance to Rosicky but I went for Over 2.5 anyway. Alex Hleb went off for Stuttgart it seems. Wonder if he had an injury re-occurence?

I am quite surprised at the odds on offer for Under 2.5 Goals in Inter - Barcelona match. I think people are expecting goals when looking at this type of match knowing the attacking threats both teams possess but how many teams have we talked up a match of this calibre only to see it end 0-0 or 1-0... especially in the CL? Both sides have very sturdy defences and to be honest, I think Mourinho & Guardiola would both be satisfied with a point a piece right now. I think this has 0-0 or 1-0 (either way) written all over it and EVS for Under 2.5 has to be the bet of the night for me.
Easy pickings. :ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegaygambler viewpost.gif DOnt be fooled by the Motherwell game. Rangers have a bad record away to motherwell in the league, also they did dominate most of the game. I feel here Rangers will be trying alot harder against Stuttgart though to get a point or 3 points than they were at Motherwell. I dont Rate Rangers highly but right now, stuttgart havent produced anything in their domestic league accept a win against Frieburg. As I said before, this is not a game i have even looked into yet either, so i just thought id tell you a few facts before you get too excited over this one. I know people are Eager, but ill be back later for better analysis.
I disagree, I watched the Motherwell game and thought Motherwell more than matched the Gers for a good bit of the game, Motherwell also missed a late penalty to take all three points. I certainly disagree that Rangers will be trying harder to get three points away to Stuttgart than in an away domestic game....the SPL is Rangers and Celtics bread and butter, winning that is their main objective, it can be so tight in the championship that every point counts and Walter Smith knows this. I dunno how the Stuttgart - Rangers game will go though.
Pretty spot on this..

On a more serious note ... Olympiakos will win tonight. Getting rid of the boss is exactly what they needed and a realtively weak opponent will give them a chance to find a win. I told you so:nana (BTW How do get that quote thing to work? I press "Quote" but I never get that nice box you guys get.)

Few bets in the Arsenal game, looking at the first scorer market. The Arsenal players are desperate to win a trophy this year, and a lot of the team see the Champions League as a chance to prove everyone wrong. Captain Cesc will be up for this game and I'm expecting him to have a blinder. Then there's Gallas who has already scored three this season and is dangerous from set-pieces. He has reacted brilliantly to losing his captaincy and he is working for the cause more than anyone would have expected. First scorer: Fabregas @ 8/1 (PaddyPower) Gallas e/w @ 22/1 (Ladbrokes) Vermaelen e/w @ 33/1 (StanJames) :ok Rosicky (If he starts) @ 12/1 (StanJames)
Well, can't quite say the game went as I expected but a nice 33/1 e/w winner with Vermaelen bagging a lucky goal.

A decent enough night all round, The small stakes on the scorers was poor though. I didn't do enough research on Athletico Madrid, It wasn't till I watched Revista La Liga (or something) on the Tv after the football that I found out that the club is in some sort of crisis with players, Chairman, Fans and board members all arguing and with some people resigning from there posts. ............ Moving on to tonights games. I think we could see a few shocks tonight and probably a few draws. Olympiakos have lost there manager in the last few days so I will be staying clear off that match. Medium Stakes: Liverpool, Sevilla and Stuttgart ... Treble @ 2.17 (Betfair).:eyes Liverpool couldn't really have got an easier start to this seasons champions league. A home fixture against hungarian side Debrecen. A comfortable home win is on the cards here. Debrecen won the hungarian league by a clear 9 points last season, this season they sit in 5th place with 2 games in hand and only 3 points from the top, winning 3 drawing 0 and losing 1 of there matches. The fact that no hungarian team has qualified for the group stages of the champions league in 14 years tells you all in terms of the difference in quality of the opposition. Sevilla also have an easy tie to begin with, a home clash with Unirea Urziceni. Dan Petrescu's little romanian team won the league title last season after only 3 years in the romanian top league and also done it with the smallest budget of the other contenders. They have started the romanian season strongly again, after 6 matches they sit one point of top with a record of played 6, won 4, draw 1 and lost 1. But lets not beat about the bush, the romanian league and the spanish league are so far apart in terms of quality. Sevilla have been a side that have gradually built themselves into a top 4 spanish side. They managed to hold onto key player Luis Fabiano over the summer and the striker helped himself to a double in a 4-1 win at the weekend. Sevilla will not underestimate the Romanians like Athletico Madrid did to Apoel last night. HOME WIN. Needed to add another team to bump up the price on this treble and ended up deciding on Stuttgart at home to Rangers. Ok the German side sold Gomez to Bayern in the summer but they did spend some of there cash wisely bringing in Hleb (Barcelona), Pavel Pogrebnyak (Zenit) and Kuzmanovic (Fiorentina). The german side may not have started this seasons bundesliga in top form but the quality they have will see them through this even if Walter Smith tries to suck out every bit of football that is to be played in the match. Stuttgart have only won 1 of the first 5 matches in the league this season, drawing 2 and losing 2. They have had some tricky ties in there though with Hamburg, Dortmund and Wolfsburg all away from home. Ranges sitting top of the SPL on goal difference having won 3 and drawn 1 and lost 0. Rangers found themselves lucky to have walked away with a point against Motherwell after conceeding a penalty which was missed. Stuttgart will look to take off some of the pressure for there start in the league campaign but after a hard set of fixtures they will see this match as a game to start there season from. Barcelona @ 2.60 (Betfair).:eyes This is the eagerly anticipated Inter - Barca match. Etoo vs Ibrahimovic. Inter Milan have made some good signings over the summer and some believe that Mourinho has got a side that could go onto to the final this season. I am not one of those people though. Barcelona have been outstanding under Pep Guardiola and I remember watching the final and thinking to myself Wow, it will take something very special to stop them next season. Sure Etoo is gone but I wouldn't say that Ibrahimovic is a bad replacement (Although the transfer was over the top). Barcelonas start to this seasons la liga has shown no signs of the team deterioting with the loss and they look as good as ever. Barcelona's quick movement and fast passing will create the chances and I think they will win this by a 1 goal margin. Small Stakes for fun : Etoo anytime goalscorer @ 2.86 (Betfair).:eyes He was pretty much forced out of Barcelona over the summer to Inter Milan. Strange when you consider his importance over the sides success in europe and domestic competitions. The cameroon front man scored more than 30 goals for Barcelona last season including the opener in the champions league final. Etoo has a habbit of scoring goals against former clubs, scored loads against madrid when he signed for Mallorca and then done the same to mallorca when he signed for Barcelona. Etoo will have a point to prove in tonights match after the treatment he recieved after what he gave the club.
0 out of 3.. Bad night.