** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Tuesday 15 September 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v APOEL (19:45 BST) 1/5 11/2 15 104.73 %
maximize.gif Besiktas JK v Manchester United (19:45 BST) 5 11/4 4/6 103.40 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v FC Porto (19:45 BST) 2/5 7/2 17/2 101.73 %
maximize.gif FC Zürich v Real Madrid (19:45 BST) 17/2 4 4/11 104.42 %
maximize.gif Juventus v Girondins de Bordeaux (19:45 BST) 3/5 14/5 6 103.10 %
maximize.gif Maccabi Haifa v FC Bayern München (19:45 BST) 6 14/5 4/7 103.89 %
maximize.gif Olympique Marseille v AC Milan (19:45 BST) 6/4 12/5 21/10 100.73 %
maximize.gif VfL Wolfsburg v CSKA Moscow (19:45 BST) 4/5 5/2 4 104.65 %
Wednesday 16 September 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Dynamo Kyiv v Rubin Kazan (19:45 BST) 1/1 7/3 14/5 105.49 %
maximize.gif Internazionale v FC Barcelona (19:45 BST) 19/10 7/3 8/5 102.80 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Debreceni VSC (19:45 BST) 1/7 13/2 28 104.11 %
maximize.gif Olympiakos v AZ Alkmaar (19:45 BST) 21/20 7/3 11/4 105.06 %
maximize.gif Olympique Lyonnais v Fiorentina (19:45 BST) 17/20 12/5 4 103.47 %
maximize.gif Sevilla v Unirea Urziceni (19:45 BST) 2/9 11/2 14 103.35 %
maximize.gif Standard de Liège v Arsenal (19:45 BST) 11/2 14/5 8/13 102.57 %
maximize.gif VfB Stuttgart v Rangers (19:45 BST) 13/20 11/4 5 103.94

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Initially without any team news of course I am going to go out and do a Man Utd and Bayern double. Not much reasoning required for this really. Both teams seem far superior and although Turkey can be a tough-ish place to go to I can't see Man U not winning. Wolfsburg at home seem tempting at 4/5, though I will wait and see over that one.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Initially, Wolfsburg v CSKA Over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 screams out at me. About 90% of Wolfsburg's home fixtures have had more than 2 goals in them last season. This year won't be too different. They concede a lot and are capable of scoring 5 past anyone on their day. CSKA are priced up as massive underdogs, which I can't see why? After all, they did get further than Wolfsburg last year in the UEFA Cup last year.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Wolfsburg look good for a home win at that price 4/5. I dont rate CSKA that highly personally. THey should be the whipping boys in this group. Home advantage is a big advantage in Champions league fixtures, unless there's a huge difference in class between the two teams, and I cant see CSKA getting anything here. I know its abit early but ill probably take this bet.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Besiktas has not any chance against Manchester United.... Banker of the day, no banker of the week, oh no it must be the banker of the year with nicest odds. Besiktas with their football wont be able to deal with fast English football.. anything than Man Utd win would be a big big surprise here! Odds are tasty!

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Besiktas has not any chance against Manchester United.... Banker of the day, no banker of the week, oh no it must be the banker of the year with nicest odds. Besiktas with their football wont be able to deal with fast English football.. anything than Man Utd win would be a big big surprise here! Odds are tasty!
Beside that i would like to add.They will play today against Galatasaray in league.And Besiktas couldnt give a good resulted match since beginning of new season.At least fans and management waits for MAN.UTD match for correcting something in team ( however they'll loose,win or draw i see Besiktas will begin season for national league and for Champions league after both Galatasaray and Man.Utd matches.) For today's match result we can see something in Besiktas gameplay in Champions League match. I will wait today's result to finish review on this match. But i support your comment Zico.With line-up and rest of squad Man.Utd is one size bigger than Besiktas. For the odds i am absolutely sure will be low on Man.Utd after tonight. So folk catch it up :ok P.S : tonight will be edited for latest comment ;)

Initially, Wolfsburg v CSKA Over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 screams out at me. About 90% of Wolfsburg's home fixtures have had more than 2 goals in them last season. This year won't be too different. They concede a lot and are capable of scoring 5 past anyone on their day. CSKA are priced up as massive underdogs, which I can't see why? After all, they did get further than Wolfsburg last year in the UEFA Cup last year.
CSKA have sacked Zico and replaced him with Juande Ramos. Vagner Love, their only "quality" striker has been loaned back to Brazil due to personal problems. Therefore, the likelihood of them being prepared for this game in time or being able to get anything from it drops significantly. As far as strikers go, they're left with Ricardo Jesus - still yet to prove himself at CSKA - Maazou - good in their but again, yet to prove himself - Necid - will be good in future but only contributes now and then with goals - and Guilherme - just loaned from Dynamo Kiev, going to be a star in the future in my opinion but also not ready yet. So CSKA will most likely struggle for goals in this campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if they exited Europe altogether in the groups.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Dynamo K. and Rubin draw looks ok to me. Rubin'ts first game in CL,long trip to Kiev so i think they will play 1-10-0 formation :) Kiev...hmmmm,don't like them at the moment,old Sheva and cocky Milevsky up front don't work very well.Aliev still injured.I will lay Kiev all way long,they gave away so many good players... Liverpool and Man.Un look like 80% winners.Will probably play them in double...waiting for team news

Beside that i would like to add.They will play today against Galatasaray in league.And Besiktas couldnt give a good resulted match since beginning of new season.At least fans and management waits for MAN.UTD match for correcting something in team ( however they'll loose,win or draw i see Besiktas will begin season for national league and for Champions league after both Galatasaray and Man.Utd matches.) For today's match result we can see something in Besiktas gameplay in Champions League match. I will wait today's result to finish review on this match. But i support your comment Zico.With line-up and rest of squad Man.Utd is one size bigger than Besiktas. For the odds i am absolutely sure will be low on Man.Utd after tonight. So folk catch it up :ok P.S : tonight will be edited for latest comment ;)
Galatasaray won Besiktas match 3-0.Even Galatasaray didnt play full forced or extraordinary. Besiktas can change manager after Champions League match.If Manchester Utd. wont underestimate the opponent and play their normal football i can say that Besiktas can see another big defeat at home. Morale of team is real down. If Besiktas would play against another team on tuesday in CL i could say Besiktas will make a surprise for tuesday.Because Besiktas rested some of their players (Bobo,Holosko,Nobre...).And that would change something at Besiktas side.But Manchester UTD is a serious opponent and Manchester wont loose chance to make a great beginning for CL against that weakest Besiktas ever. i absolutely say ( also as 1907Zico said ) any result will be real big surprise but Red devils will win.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Again it is just an initial thought and I will look further during the week. Personally I cannot see Milan winning against Marseille. Another woeful performance from AC against Livorno and Marseille have the mix of power and pace that could really worry Milan.

I think these early games are just like the qualifiers. A lot of heavily miss matched games. Zurich V Real Madrid as an example. Lots of games to swerve in my opinion. Too many unknown teams in it this year.
Agreed. I think that Romanian team nobody had ever heard of, Cluj or whatever, winning at Roma in the first game last season, is a prime example. Results like that don't happen very often, but can.
Chelsea at home are too short.Porto +1.5 AH @1.61 looks massive.Porto play good football lately.Don't think Chelsea will win by more then 1 goal.
Good call, I think. Gonna have a look at this game myself, and hope to go big on Chelsea, but Porto are usually quite decent, and I read today have signed that Falcao kid, who's supposed to be very potent.

Dynamo K. and Rubin draw looks ok to me. Rubin'ts first game in CL,long trip to Kiev so i think they will play 1-10-0 formation :) Kiev...hmmmm,don't like them at the moment,old Sheva and cocky Milevsky up front don't work very well.Aliev still injured.I will lay Kiev all way long,they gave away so many good players...
Totally wrong statement about Rubin mate, imo you haven't seen any of Rubins' game this year. Long trip??? where?? is Kyev located on Australia or Africa?? Loll!! Not longer than to some Russian cities. 1-10-0 the same funny statement. Rubin isn't team from last years, they scored 47 goals(more than any team in Russia) in 21 game (avarage 2.23 per game). Now they played very stable offense football, when they scored 1 they would try to score 2 ...3....4 etc. Offense trio Buharov -Dominges-Karadeniz simply ON FIRE. This game wouldn't be with 1-10 tactic from Rubin, never ever vs Dinamo. Both team are equal imo, with Rubin better form and Dinamo home advantage. odds for HW isn't fair, so I see value on Rubin dnb and over 2.5

Totally wrong statement about Rubin mate, imo you haven't seen any of Rubins' game this year. Long trip??? where?? is Kyev located on Australia or Africa?? Loll!! Not longer than to some Russian cities. 1-10-0 the same funny statement. Rubin isn't team from last years, they scored 47 goals(more than any team in Russia) in 21 game (avarage 2.23 per game). Now they played very stable offense football, when they scored 1 they would try to score 2 ...3....4 etc. Offense trio Buharov -Dominges-Karadeniz simply ON FIRE. This game wouldn't be with 1-10 tactic from Rubin, never ever vs Dinamo. Both team are equal imo, with Rubin better form and Dinamo home advantage. odds for HW isn't fair, so I see value on Rubin dnb and over 2.5
LOL.Russian leauge and CL are 2 different competitions mate.How much did they pay to win Russian League?;)47 goals in 21 games so?Dynamo scored 11 in first 2 and?it doesn't mean alot.It's Rubin's first CL game and i'm sure they will be a bit nervous and careful as they have fcuk all experience in europe.remember what Dynamo did to spartak last year?:lol But personaly i think Dynamo is weaker this season.I don't really like Gazaev also Milevsky up fron does my head in.Some players left,some still injured.I think under 2.5 and draw is a most likely result.

Initially, Wolfsburg v CSKA Over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 screams out at me. About 90% of Wolfsburg's home fixtures have had more than 2 goals in them last season. This year won't be too different. They concede a lot and are capable of scoring 5 past anyone on their day. CSKA are priced up as massive underdogs, which I can't see why? After all, they did get further than Wolfsburg last year in the UEFA Cup last year.
Igor Akinfeev is world class goalkeeper, CSKA is without their best striker Vagner Love, on the other hand Wolfsburg scored 9 goals from 5 matches. Their defence is like swiss cheese (conceded 11 in 5 games), but as I don´t see CSKA scoring I will stay away from overs in this match. I see this as home win (1:0) :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Alright, I am thinking of backing Juventus, Real Madrid and Man U on Tuesday night. Juventus have started their league season with three wins (1-0 vs Chievo(h), 3-1 Roma(a) and 2-0 Lazio(a)) and although Bordeaux have started their league season well with four wins and a draw from their opening five games I still fancy Juventus to win based on the fact that the Italian league is stronger than the French league and that Juve have so far beaten two of the stronger teams in Serie A. It is also worth noting that Bordeaux have never won in Italy (L5D2). Real Madrid should be too strong for Zurich with the depth attacking options that they have. I'd fancy them to score at least 2 or 3 against a team who has only kept 2 clean sheets from 9 in a weaker league. Besiktas have only won 1 game in 5 (drawing 3 and losing 1) at the start of the Turkish season and judging by Old's comments in their game against Galatasaray they are not playing well at all. I feel that Man U with all their champions league experience will take the three points. What do you guys think??

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Juventus vs. Bordeaux I really, really like the look of this seasons Juve team. They have quality all over the pitch and a fair amount of strength in depth. They have met every challenge placed before them so far this season, with impressive wins over both sides in Rome. I am actually on Juve to win the entire competition at 20/1 and see good value in it. Up against them is the reigning Ligue 1 champions Bordeaux. They have a fairly talented squad, and I would consider them to be one of the better second-rate teams in the competition. They did make rather hard work of beating Grenoble at the weekend but they do have some talented players (gourcuff and Goufrann in particular). I do not have any solid team news yet, but I do know that Diego is the only important missing for Juve. I however am really hoping in his absence that Giovinco can show us his best after his outburst. As far as I know, Bordeaux's main players (gourcuff, gouffran, wendel, chamach) are all ok. I think Juve will be too strong and I dont think we will see 4/7 on them at home too many times in the future. Medium/High stakes. Besiktas vs. Man united This needs little or no write up, as everyone on here already knows this is a lovely price. I took this bet as soon as I saw the prices up. Man United look to be hitting form with a 3-1 beating of spurs. besiktas are in poor form losing 3-0 to galatasaray at the weekend. No key missings for United as far as I know, and no besiktas team news would affect my mind. High stakes on Man U at 4/7 (365) I also put some money on them -1 at 2.00 (365) Maccabi Haifa vs. Bayern Munich Bayern are also a team I really like the look of. Going forward they look to have one of the best teams in Europe. With Gomez in between Robben and Ribery you are guranteed goals. there are some questions over their defence, although I would be surprised if Maccabi were to expose them. Bayern put on an excellent display after going 1-0 down to Dortmund, to come back and win 5-1. I always like backing teams that look to have goals in them. team news looks good for Bayern as they look to have the same team as at the weekend, only Ribery may feature more prominently. I am confident in a Munich win here at 1/2 with high stakes, and also like them to beat a -1 handicap at 1.80. Werder Bremen vs. CSKA Moscow I also quite like the German side here. Again a side with plenty of goals in them on their day. they have not been going well of late, and I think they will view this as a good chance to get back on track. CSKA are not the side they once were. They have a good 'keeper in Akinfeev, but the loss of vagner love must be felt. He was their go to man up front. I see them as a decent side, but I do see a clear gap in overall quality between the sides. The trio of Misimovic, Dzeko and grafite should get the job done for Wolfsburg. Medium stakes on Wolfsburg at 4/5 (365) I tend to favour Bet365, so you may find slightly better odds elsewhere.

Besiktas has not any chance against Manchester United.... Banker of the day, no banker of the week, oh no it must be the banker of the year with nicest odds. Besiktas with their football wont be able to deal with fast English football.. anything than Man Utd win would be a big big surprise here! Odds are tasty!
Besiktas lost against Galatasaray which did not motivate them for sure! Manchester United will get this in I am so sure about this. Manchester to win 10/10 @1.57 Manchester -1 (AH) 8/10 @2.05 :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Doesn't look a great coupon this midweek. I agree with Man U and Juve who should be too strong but I wouldn't want to stake too much on these first games. Need the form to settle down a bit first. The one I like most is Lyon at 4/5. That's a nice price for a home side at this level, and I really don't rate Fiorentina who toiled against Sporting Lisbon in the last round. I'd also disagree that Stuttgart are a gift at best odds of 8/13. That looks a poor price for an average German side. It's not Bayern or Hamburg we're talking about. Rangers well capable of avoiding defeat here and Smith will send his players out to stifle the game and frustrate the Germans.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September My first bet of the Champions league this season as follows: Liverpool v Debreconi No reasoning needed here. Liverpool will have no problems winning this one, Liverpool played a good match against Burnley at the weekend, Scoring lots of goals. I can see this being a 5-0 job.. I may be a dare devil and take -2 goals yet.. Liverpool to Win to Nil is also appealing at 1.55. Liverpool to win both halves is also tempting @ 1.79.. Loveleee Jubleeee. -1 goal Liverpoool @ 1.33

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Besiktas v Man Utd Man Utd are a quality side, showing no weakness yet, beating spurs at the weekend was a great result for them. They are too strong for Besiktas, who are on a dreadful run right now. I cant see Man Utd not picking up 3 points here. Can see a 2-0 result to Man Utd. Man Utd @ 1.53

Besiktas v Man Utd Man Utd are a quality side, showing no weakness yet, beating spurs at the weekend was a great result for them. They are too strong for Besiktas, who are on a dreadful run right now. I cant see Man Utd not picking up 3 points here. Can see a 2-0 result to Man Utd. Man Utd @ 1.53
Showing no weakness? You clearly didn't hear about their "crisis" after the Burnley game ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegaygambler viewpost.gif Besiktas v Man Utd Man Utd are a quality side, showing no weakness yet, beating spurs at the weekend was a great result for them. They are too strong for Besiktas, who are on a dreadful run right now. I cant see Man Utd not picking up 3 points here. Can see a 2-0 result to Man Utd. Man Utd @ 1.53
Showing no weakness? You clearly didn't hear about their "crisis" after the Burnley game wink2.gif
Crisis. ? I mentioned before after that game, Utd Missed a Penalty in that match, and they had enough chances to get aleast a draw. Burnley have been abit lucky though at home this season. They have got away wiht a couple of 1-0's. Opposition teams missing Pens.. I think MAn Utd had defensive probs in that game, No Ferdinand, or VIdic against Burnley. Since then Man Utd haven't put a foot wrong beating Arsenal and Spurs.. I wont change my mind on this game.. Man utd victory all teh way

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Maccabi Haifa v Bayern M I will take Bayern also who have turned the corner now that they have all they're players back. There is a big difference in quality between these two sides. Ribbery didnt play the full match against Dortmund at the weekend. Hopefully he will be fully fit for this one. All the quality players are now back for BAyern except Klose and TOni and add RObben to that team, they are very Strong and fancy them to Qualify from the group and be alot stronger this season.. Ill go for Away Win for Bayern @ 1.50

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Bayern have been flying since they signed Robben, won the last 2 in the league (3-0 v Wolfsburg and 5-1 away to Dortmund at the weekend) and should have too much for Haifa..having watched Maccabi a few times this season in the qualifiers they are fairly hopeless at the back and have had the fortune of playing sides that are pretty poor so far in FC Aktobe (who were beyound awful) and Salzburg, who are also pretty dire..they will have a shock when they face a side with the quality of Bayern I think.. Prob the bet of the day on Tues for me is Bayern -1 AH at 1.8..I havent watched them this season but a forward trio of Robben, Gomez and Ribery should take the dire Maccabi back line to school..check out the defending in the Aktobe game if you need to be convinced, sure its on youtube somewhere..I will prob bet on that and the straight handicap at 2.3ish, over 2.5 is the one that should convince but at 1.65ish is a bit short for me..