Ethical Question

muttley

Live MTT, early to mid level, medium stack. You are BB. Previous hand the guy who is now SB takes a bad beat for most of his chips. He picks up his hole cards and lifts them off the table, you see the top card, a 4. CO limps, SB goes all in.... it costs you half your chips to call. You have the limper covered. Your hand (A,7) off suit. Call,raise or fold?

Re: Ethical Question

Call, even though I understand the prob there a bit just out of interest what did you do?
I called. I felt a twinge of guilt as I was acting on information I shouldn't have been privvy to. I didn't try to see his cards, it's just he wasn't being careful in trying to hide them. I looked away when I saw the 4, I may have got to see his 9 if I hadn't. Anyway, I seem to have envoked the wrath of the Poker Gods. After I call the limper goes all in too. I have to blow off another half of my chips. The SB turns his 9,4 and the limper shows K,K. The kings held up.

Re: Ethical Question Sick coup. This sort of thing always ends in tears, you can add missdeals to that too. I probably would've have gone all in first anyway and the result would've been the same. In a tourn that is, if it were a cash game and I was winning (:)) I probably would've folded and had the limper folded, then told the SB what happened.