A hand I couldn't have played worse

deadlydaveLDN

Just going through a session I've played this morning, and found this little gem. Title says it all really. Grabbed by Holdem Manager NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer Hero ($11.76) BB ($10.25) UTG ($10) UTG+1 ($11.14) CO ($16.08) BTN ($2.36) Dealt to Hero 3club.gif 3spade.gif UTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25 This is the only part of the hand I played ok, so I guess I could have played it worse. FLOP ($1.05) Theart.gif 3diamond.gif Kdiamond.gif Hero checks, BB bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60 Should never have checked such a draw heavy board where I'm likely to get action by betting. Having checked I should have then raised. TURN ($2.85) Theart.gif 3diamond.gif Kdiamond.gif Qheart.gif Hero checks, BB bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20, Hero calls $1.20 I miss another bet opportunity on the turn. Again, having checked I should be putting in a big raise. RIVER ($6.45) Theart.gif 3diamond.gif Kdiamond.gif Qheart.gif 4heart.gif Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50, BB folds Not sure what I was hoping to beat with my call, but at least I didn't raise it up :lol UTG shows Aheart.gif 3heart.gif (Pre 37%, Flop 5.8%, Turn 25.0%) Hero shows 3club.gif 3spade.gif (Pre 63%, Flop 94.2%, Turn 75.0%) UTG wins $14.42

Re: A hand I couldn't have played worse For me, that's the real difference between quality players and bad players... A bad player here would say something like "ffs I flopped trips and he outdrew me - I was ahead pre flop and I was ahead post flop. BAD BEAT! I'm always so unlucky it must be rigged", before proceding to tilt and dump their bankroll. Next time he'll play the hand the same way and hope he doesnt get "unlucky". Whereas a good player will look at what he's done wrong, question why he did that, look at what he could have done better, and play the hand differently next time :ok

Re: A hand I couldn't have played worse Erm yeah that's a start Gaf :unsure On to the strat... After you c/c the flop and turn you leave no option but to c/c the river so you could have played it EVEN worse and c/r all in ;). You literally have to c/r the flop, every single time, every damn time, it actually annoys me you didn't as it's the most perfect flop you could hope for to get action with a set. There's no need to donk out the flop as villain's will cbet 99% of times on this flop unless they're planning to just give up so we'd get no action anyways. There's so many possible draws, pairs, 2pairs and sets on these flops that villain will bet with a very large range and so you get tons of value with a c/r with a set as they're calling with sooooo many hands we have crushed. C/R turn is probably ok but depending on your image its probable that you'll only be getting the money in there vs straights. Although our hand is disguised (as they're thinking we're never c/c with a set on such a draw heavy board) so actually we HAVE to c/r the turn as our hand strength is very disguised, so they'd probably put us on a combo draw, 2 pair or straight. FWIW i would make a note that they bet pretty small with a pair and nut flush draw on turn. So why did you C/C the flop ?