[$]'s Thread

---

Hi all, after a month or so of lurking around here I have decided to sign up and hopefully get on to winning ways. I have been betting on the horses for a good while now but not 'properly' so to speak, my selections were pretty much chosen by how many 1's were in the horses form. After realising that isn't the way to go about it and the £10 a day wasted was burning a hole in my pocket I've decided to join here and hopefully win a few quid. Anyway, after reading alot of threads it seems people's knowledge of everything to do with horse racing is 100x more than mine and I was just wondering what sites, if any, do people use or is it purely just based on your own stats and knowhow. I shall have a look over the races soon and hopefully have the horses I have chosen posted here in the morning when the prices come out, I wouldn't expect any sort of in-depth analysis on my picks though and I would advise to lay anything I bet on, haha. I hope to have a good stay on the forum and thank you in advance for any help you may put my way, [$]

Re: [$]'s Thread

Dont know why but was 100% certain this thread was going to be spam and I would have to delete it and ban the user.
Is it the name? I guess it's the sort of name a 'spammer' would use, I couldn't think of anything so I just went for something random and considering this is a gambling forum I thought the $ was appropriate.
Welcome to the PL' date=' why no name though if you want to make friends??[/quote'] My friends call me Ev so if you want to you can call me that. ;)

Re: [$]'s Thread The Racing Post website is what I mainly use but do tend to use At The Races as well. Some of it is based on my own knowledge but you pick that up the more you bet etc as you tend to remember horses, how they run etc. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Re: [$]'s Thread

The Racing Post website is what I mainly use but do tend to use At The Races as well. Some of it is based on my own knowledge but you pick that up the more you bet etc as you tend to remember horses, how they run etc. Good luck and welcome to the site.
Thanks mate. And ye, I feel abit of an idiot now not using the Racing Post site already considering it is a pretty obvious one to use and after a look around it seems very helpful.
Nice one Ev' date=' look forward to your posts![/quote'] Thanks mate. I haven't had much time the last day or so, so I haven't had time to look over some races till now so here are my bets for today. Remember to lay them. ;) 16.00 - Brighton; Support Fund - EWSupport Fund is a fairly consistent horse who has been running well of late, the ground should not be a problem after she finished a good second three starts ago on this ground type which she followed up with a win in her next race off of a weight 3lbs higher than her weight today. Although she ran poorly on her last outing when trying to defy top weight, she is now 8lbs lighter and with a great draw Support Fund surely has a good chance to be in the frame at the finish. 14/1 Ladbrokes. 20.35 - Kempton; Assail - WINAssail had a good victory over course and distance last time out and is now 4lbs lighter, the form from that race was improved when the second went on to win on its next outing. It does look a pretty tough race on paper with plenty of possible outcomes but after studying it I can find slight negatives in the rest of the runners so lets hope Assail can do the business. 9/2 SkyBet. One more question, does anyone know which sites bring their prices out earlier than others? Sky are pretty good at it but I was just wondering which others also do that so I have a chance to get the best price at the time.