** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july )

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july )

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on Corinthians v Palmeiras tonight...Also where is the game being played? And why are Gremio Barueri's odds so high to beat Sau Paulo?
Your questions have already been answered in the thread matey. I'm steering clear of Barueri v Sao Paulo. Barueri can't keep up their home form forever while Sao Paulo will get their act together sooner or later. I think it's a good opportunity to assess where both sides are at right now.

SportFootball (S.America)
EventSantos vs Flamengo
SelectionSantos (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date26/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.04 (Lay)
ReasoningHaving just read Flamengo have not beaten Santos for 33 years away from home' date= this lay looks even more risky but imo Santos are way too short at EVS for this fixture. There is nothing between these sides as their league positions show (10th and 11th respectively). Santos are a solid home side whereas Flamengo are patchy on the road but the odds are still way wrong in my eyes. Santos made hard work of beating Atletico PR midweek (1-0) whereas Flamengo drew 1-1 with high flying Barueri. Flamengo have lost just 1 of their last 7 and although it is worth pointing out they have only won 2 of those (4 draws) they have clearly picked up a little and do seem very tough to beat these days. I just think the price for Santos is way too short here and I have to lay them despite Flamengo's dreadful record at this ground over the years.
Santos 1-2 Flamengo :clap :cheers

Another trciky round... Once again all bets based on stats only,no reasoning: I'm gonig with Gremio Barueri,Vitoria,Sport Recife,Gremio. All home wins. GL :ok
2 out of 4 :\ Bets placed: 19 won: 12

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) I layed against Fluminese and layed against the draw in the Corinthians v Santos match :cheers I was sweating a bit towards the end of the Fluminese game when it looked like they might get a 2nd. Need those two wins after losing a couple of bets on saturday :clap

For a league that has an historical amount of low away wins each year' date=' there have been quite a few today![/quote'] It evens out you can't always have home teams dominate week in and week out then the percentages would be off the roof. Still home teams are winning at a 47% clip which is pretty standard although the draw number is creeping up.

It evens out you can't always have home teams dominate week in and week out then the percentages would be off the roof. Still home teams are winning at a 47% clip which is pretty standard although the draw number is creeping up.
You preempted my next point, which was going to be about next weekend. Surely there is likely to be a higher number of home wins next weekend.

You preempted my next point, which was going to be about next weekend. Surely there is likely to be a higher number of home wins next weekend.
Nothing is for sure, think the problem is that people will automatically assume that the home teams with the lowest odds will be a "LOCK" to win. Not necessarily the case I think we tend to overlook that throughout the course of the season games we never even discuss is where the surprising results come in.

Yes I know' date=' but in a league where away wins are hard to come by, I'd expect things to get back to normal next weekend.[/quote'] Again why do people get surprised when they see a stat for high home wins and then there is one weekend where away teams dominate? If you expect to see home wins week in and week out, i think we'd all be rich by now don't you think? Sure it may balance out next week but again no need to be surprised by an odd week of road wins, it happens in every league. It's the same as oh how come there weren't any goals this week when the league usually has a high rate of goals to come by and vice versa. France usually has a good percentage of home wins but even then they will go through a phase where home teams will dominate than it will balance out that the road teams will be victorious. You can't always base everything on stats, end of the day the better teams will win no matter home or away.