Saturday 25 July 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Paranaense v Avaí FC (22:30 BST) 1.73 3.4 4 112.22 %
maximize.gif Botafogo-RJ v SC Internacional (22:30 BST) 2.37 3.25 2.5 112.87 %
maximize.gif Grêmio FBPA v EC Santo André (22:30 BST) 1.5 3.6 5.5 112.63 %
Sunday 26 July 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Mineiro v Goiás EC (20:00 BST) 1.73 3.4 4 112.22 %
maximize.gif Santos FC v Flamengo (20:00 BST) 2 3.2 3.25 112.02 %
maximize.gif SC Corinthians v Palmeiras (20:00 BST) 2.37 3.25 2.5 112.87 %
maximize.gif Sport Club do Recife v Clube Náutico Capibaribe (20:00 BST) 1.73 3.4 4 112.22 %
maximize.gif EC Vitória v Coritiba FC (22:30 BST) 1.4 3 3.5 133.33 %
maximize.gif Fluminense FC v Cruzeiro EC (22:30 BST) 2.25 3.2 2.75 112.06 %
maximize.gif Grêmio Barueri v São Paulo FC (22:30 BST) 2.3 3.2 2.75 111.09 %

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) In my opinion odds will drop soon, so my quick bet will be: Atlético Mineiro -1AH at @2,04 (betCHRONICLE) - 6/10 Will be back later with preview...

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) I took: Coritiba FC -1AH at @2,09 (betCHRONICLE) - 10/10 Both teams are well prepared for this game and I se hosts winning this one... Coritiba with full squad - Sport Recife with full squad...

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) yeah me too i guess cruzeiro will win this game . But i dunno why the Q on Cruzeiro is rising and risind now its over 3,00 :( Do they have any special injuries or cards , so that players are missing. For me its big bet on AHC 0 Cruzeiro

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) I was thinking of Barueri AH (0) but not so sure now after Sao Paulo's comeback against Internacional. I know Barueri is in Sao Paulo state but how close is it to the city itself? Close enough to allow large travelling support and negate home advantage a fair bit?

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) Grêmio x Santo André - Grêmio is a very strong side playing at home. I can't imagine them droping points against Santo André. Despite three absences (Fábio Santos, Réver, Máxi López) this game is a must win if Grêmio wants something more in the league. IMO Santo André will not score tonight and Grêmio will find at least one goal. Sport x Náutico - Regional derby. Sport made a good game against Coritiba in midweek and the team is not that terrible. Nautico is definitly the worst team in the league, they lost the last 5 games away and I can't see why this one should be any different. Sport made 12 of 19 goals playing at home, while Nautico suffered 21 of 28 goals playing away. Nice odd. Vitória x Coritiba - I'm an Atletico Mineiro fan and I watched the game last week against Vitória, must say that I was really impressed by Vitória's squad, the draw (0x0) wasn't quite fair. Coritiba didn't get any point against teams with a home winning record. Besides that Coritiba will face four absences (Carlinhos Paraíba (key player), Ariel, Márcio Gabriel, Cleiton).

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) Keliot, Barueri is very close, about 30 minuts or so. Definitly there will be more São Paulo supporters then Barueri's. I think this should be a very close match, probably a draw. My advice is to avoid this game.

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) What about Corinthians-Palmeiras? Corinthinas are very good at own ground-according to statistics, i haven´t seen them live-so they can continue with win series....Do you have any closer infos related to this match? Other possible picks tonight for me probably Gremio and Aletico Mineiro with wins

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) Botafogo is a good line to look at. Nilmar just signed with Villarreal and won't be in the line up tonight. So there goes one of their lethel weapons. Cruzeiro no longer have Ramires in their squad as he is now a Benfica player. Corinthians/Palmeiras is a Derby and this is the rematch of the Regional Finals. Sao Paulo are managerless since former manager went to Palmeiras. Cuca is out as Flamengo's manager.

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july )

Botafogo is a good line to look at. Nilmar just signed with Villarreal and won't be in the line up tonight. So there goes one of their lethel weapons. Cruzeiro no longer have Ramires in their squad as he is now a Benfica player. Corinthians/Palmeiras is a Derby and this is the rematch of the Regional Finals. Sao Paulo are managerless since former manager went to Palmeiras. Cuca is out as Flamengo's manager.
I totaly agree with Botafogo, I took them yesterday at @2,32 (betCHRONICLE) - 5/10:ok

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) Barueri - Sao Paolo Well this is the game that catched my eye, and when something happens I must follow my hunch. Let's be honest, 2nd or 3rd round of Brasileiro odds would be @1.50 at most, but Barueri is singing swan song, and Sao Paolo is in deep crysis... Gremio Barueri is one of the 2 teams with just one loss in 13 games!!! Wow, great run, they are undefeted in last 10 games, with 5 wins and 5 draws, really magnificent run for them. This game is Sao Paolo state game, that means Sao Paolo have no big travel, and pressure is on Barueri players to defeat great opponent from own state. For this game coach of home team Estevam Soares have two players out both laterals Éder and Marcos Pimentel. Also dangerous forward Fernandinho is out with injury. Sao Paolo is really in deep crysis. They sacked Murcy Ramalho (big stupid mistake IMHO) but nothing is changed from last 2-3 years, except the same players are not wining games. They are still bunch of excellent players who play for long time together and only one big injury of capitain and best keeper Rogeri Ceni can't be reason to this great team fall so deep. For this game Sao Paolo have 3 players missing: lateral Júnior César, influental midlefielder Richarlyson and keeper Bosco. For some missing of second keeper may be big blow, but Bosco is 34 year old keeper who is now 4 years in Sao Paolo and never managed to get out of Rogerio Ceni shadow. Denis on the other hand is 21 year old young man who came in 2008 from Ponte Preta as big prospect so in my eyes that is not a blow at all. Júnior César will be substituted with experienced 30 year old Jorge Wagner and Richarlyson will be substituted by 26 year old Eduardo Costa. Probable squads: Barueri Renê; Xandão, André Luís e Leandro Castán; Franciscatti, Ralf, Éwerton, Thiago Humberto e Márcio Careca; Otacílio Neto e Val Baiano. Técnico: Estevam Soares. São Paulo Denis; Renato Silva, André Dias e Miranda; Jean, Eduardo Costa, Hernanes, Marlos e Jorge Wagner; Dagoberto e Washington. Técnico: Ricardo Gomes. Strong feeling on Sao Paolo for me, and I must follow it with medium stake. Sao Paolo ah0 @2.02 Pinny 6/10

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) iamblichos, Corinthians is not gonna play at his own ground. The match will be played in Presidente Prudente, a very bad pitch btw, the same stadium that Ronaldo made his come back. Palmeiras has just signed with Muricy Ramalho, ex coach of São Paulo, the team should be motivated. Really tough game. Atlético Mineiro's match should be tough as well. Goias is a strong side on the road, but they have 6 absences (Vítor (very good side defender), Felipe (top scorer of the team), Ramalho, Rafael Tolói, Fábio Bahia, Everton). Atlético is gonna play with the same team that defeated Fluminense in midweek. I think Atlético should win, specially with 55.000 fans in Mineirão, but it's not a sure thing, 'cause Atlético's game is based on counter attacks, and Goias will play on defense, trying to get out of Mineirão with a draw, Santo André and Botafogo already did it.

iamblichos, Corinthians is not gonna play at his own ground. The match will be played in Presidente Prudente, a very bad pitch btw, the same stadium that Ronaldo made his come back. Palmeiras has just signed with Muricy Ramalho, ex coach of São Paulo, the team should be motivated. Really tough game. Atlético Mineiro's match should be tough as well. Goias is a strong side on the road, but they have 6 absences (Vítor (very good side defender), Felipe (top scorer of the team), Ramalho, Rafael Tolói, Fábio Bahia, Everton). Atlético is gonna play with the same team that defeated Fluminense in midweek. I think Atlético should win, specially with 55.000 fans in Mineirão, but it's not a sure thing, 'cause Atlético's game is based on counter attacks, and Goias will play on defense, trying to get out of Mineirão with a draw, Santo André and Botafogo already did it.
Thank you for infos! ;)

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) I agree with Milos here, Sao Paulo should at least get a draw out of this game. They have such a talented midfield that the only thing that is missing really is their mentality. Yes they are managerlesss but perhaps they needed a change a new sense of guidance. I don't see why a team on paper like Sao Paulo should not be winning games consistently.

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) Vitoria-BA x Coritiba 23:30 CET The Vitoria is playing very well. Isn't a team that make good games only at home (5 wins in 6 games), but is a smart and tough team even playing away from home. Showed that in the last match against Corinthians at Pacaembu, when they were defeated (2-1), but created many problems to a great team that certainly will fight for the title of the Brasileirao. The creative sector of Vitoria is working very well, and I think it will be a big problem for Coritiba today in Salvador. Without the attacker Ariel, and the offensive midfielder Carlinhos Paraiba, the Coritiba will have to face difficulties in the offensive sector. The only absence in Vitoria will be the defender Wallace, who is suspended. With the Internacional's defeat (3x2) for Botafogo yesterday, the Vitoria has a chance to finish this round in the G4 (the best four classified), so dreamed by clubs in the dimension of Vitoria to achieve a place in the Libertadores next year. I believe this will be an extra motivation for the team. There are now three games without winning, but the team is playing well. I think this back to Salvador, it's time for Vitoria to achieve one more victory to reward the good shows that they have done! Pick 1: Vitoria-BA to Win - @1.76 Pinnacle - 7/10 Pick 2: AH Vitoria-BA -1 - @2.22 Bet365 - 3/10

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) Fluminense x Cruzeiro 23:30 CET Pick 1: AH Cruzeiro -0 - @2.10 Gamebookers - 8/10 Pick 2: Over 2.5 - @1.87 Pinnacle - 6/10 I think this will be an open game with a lot of goal opportunities for both teams, because Fluminense is throughing a difficult phase with 5 losses in last 5 games, while Cruzeiro need to improve the results after the loss in Libertadores. As I said in the last pick of the game Santo Andre x Cruzeiro, the Brasileirao for Cruzeiro only started this month, and the team has already achieved a good result away from home in the last round, winning (2x0) the Santo Andre. I really enjoyed this latest victory of Cruzeiro. It was a strong team, which showed that the objective was simply to win the game. Created many opportunities for goal and even could have won by a greater advantage. Fluminense will have to get out of this negative phase, and the question is when will it. The quality of the cast, in my opinion, is as weak for a club like Fluminense, and with only 2 wins in 13 games, the pressure increases with each game. For this game Fluminense will the absences of four players: Diguinho, Tarta, Cassio and Fred. All injured, while Fred is also suspended. But the Cruzeiro will have the return of two important defenders. Leonardo Silva who was suspended in the last round and Thiago Heleno who was injured. The only absence remains is Wagner who is still injured. I expect a game with 3 or 4 goals, with victory for the Cruzeiro, like in last season, when visited the Maracana twice and left with 3 points in both games. Won Flamengo by 2x1 and Fluminense by 3x1.

Re: Brazil » Série A ( 24/26 july ) Santos x Flamengo 21:00 CET Pick 1: Under 3 - @1.78 188Bet - 10/10 Pick 2: AH Santos -0.5 - @2.05 Pinnacle - 5/10 For those who follow Brazilian football closely, you know the difficulty that Flamengo have to play in Vila Belmiro. We are not talking about 5 or 10 games, but for decades and decades without winning in Santos. The last victory for Flamengo in the Vila Belmiro happened 33 years ago, on 21 July 1976, when Flamengo won by 2-1. It is true that Santos isn't living a good time, like Flamengo, but as the coach Luxemburgo said, the Santos must press the opponent from the first minute of play when play in Vila Belmiro, and with this in mind, the coach has a great historical playing in Vila Belmiro: 80.95% of points in 112 games. I expect a close game because as in the last match against Atletico-PR, the Santos will play with 3 defensive midfielders. For the today's game, Luxemburgo will get out the side Luizinho to put in their place Pará, which is much more defensive. The goal is clear in my view: with a defense that is not very strong, the coach needs to gain power in the midfield sector and in the sides of field, which is the strength of the Flamengo's, even without Juan. Flamengo will have new coach for this game. Cuca left, and the assistant Andrade will lead the team in this game. With Andrade, Flamengo has tied at Vila Belmiro in 2005 (0x0), so I think the coach should use the same tactic, which should result in a game with few goals. Another problem is the Santo's offensive sector. Kleber Pereira is injured and Roni was sold this week for Fluminense. Neymar will enter for team, which despite being a very skillful player and high quality, is not a fixed striker, as Roni or Kleber Pereira. I have great confidence in a game with few goals here! Because Flamengo usually has difficulties at this stadium, and I made this bet in all seasons having an interesting profit with it, I once again believe in the Santo's victory!

SportFootball (S.America)
EventSantos vs Flamengo
SelectionSantos (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date26/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.04 (Lay)
ReasoningHaving just read Flamengo have not beaten Santos for 33 years away from home, this lay looks even more risky but imo Santos are way too short at EVS for this fixture. There is nothing between these sides as their league positions show (10th and 11th respectively). Santos are a solid home side whereas Flamengo are patchy on the road but the odds are still way wrong in my eyes. Santos made hard work of beating Atletico PR midweek (1-0) whereas Flamengo drew 1-1 with high flying Barueri. Flamengo have lost just 1 of their last 7 and although it is worth pointing out they have only won 2 of those (4 draws) they have clearly picked up a little and do seem very tough to beat these days. I just think the price for Santos is way too short here and I have to lay them despite Flamengo's dreadful record at this ground over the years.