** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Poker Tools for PL - What would you like to see?

Sir Puntalot

Re: Poker Tools for PL - What would you like to see? Just brainstorming a bit here (not thought it through at all). Immediate thought is that the obvious one is an online MTT diary to replace the Excel version. Anyone should be able to put tournaments in (and number of entries after tourney has closed to track overlays) or make corrections if something is wrong(or changes) - maybe with some kind of reputation score to stop malicious updates/spam. Being a database rather than excel screenprint it can be interactive - players can get lists of new additions - indicate if they're interested in it or not (if they're not interested, it wouldnt be displayed in their personal diary - if they are interested it could be listed in their own calendar). This could feed into a list of (PL) entrants for each event (much like the poll results). If the ability to add yourself closed after registration for the tourney were closed then it could be used to track MTT profit/loss - individually and as a group (some thought would need to go into "privacy" settings). We could see which sites/tournaments provide the best returns. Players aliases could be tracked by site (again with consideration for privacy options). Players could choose settings to filter the diary as they wish - e.g. I have FullTilt - show me their tournies, but I dont have Pokerstars - dont bother showing me anything on Pokerstars. Or only show me games where the buy in is below $10+$1. Or only show me games with an overlay of $5 per player. etc.... If you added in the ability to track bankroll, STTs and cash then I dont think you're that far from having the kind of functionality Al is after. (though I dont think there's any point in PL directly duplicating free tools that are already available). Most of the site specific tools out there focus on the US sites - Stars and FullTilt, and pretty much ignore the likes of Boss - If PL wanted to become a central and essential resource for poker players, then filling that gap could help. I'm not sure how much it will bring people into the community though - 99% of people would arrive, download what they wanted and never come back - if enough were to visit though - the 1% who stay may be worth it? I'm thinking along the lines of the scripts here - http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin/AutoHotKey With Boss, I'd quite like to see a script that could read my hand history, list the games (thinking mainly STTs) I've played - filling in as much info as possible (tournament number, game type, entrants, finishing position, buy-in, etc) and tracking my performance. Maybe linked into the first idea. As much needs to be automated as possible (think of people playing 4-6 tables of turbo STTs who are not really able to keep records manually themselves). Taking "reading the hand history" a bit further - navigating the Boss hand history browser is a nightmare (I think it's just a javascript script - so you have a starting framework - just needs some tweaking with presentation and navigation) - so a PL Hand History Browser for Boss (with a format that can be easily and clearly copied and pasted onto forums). Problem with the last 3 is that they would all need to be regularly (and rapidly if you have a reliant user base) updated every time there is a change to the hand history file. This next idea may be on slightly dodgy ground - I dont know what the T&C are on Boss relating to this - Boss doesn't allow data mining - so PT3/HEM databases are restricted to hands you've played - and so (for me at least) are very VERY small - how about a "hand exchange" tool - allow people to upload hands - for every hand uploaded they can download 25 or 50 others (you can download more than you upload because each upload you make will be downloaded multiple times). As a further incentive to upload, you could automatically "anonymise" the hero on hands they upload.

Re: Poker Tools for PL - What would you like to see?

I'm in the process of getting a few tools built for the sports betting side of PL, but wanted to know what the poker mob would like to have on PL too. Everything is possible, so don't feel stupid asking for something you think is unachievable. :ok So, hit me. ;)
Wouldn't mind some sort of feature were you can press a button and you get runner runner in your favour obviously. How about that? ;)

Just brainstorming a bit here (not thought it through at all). Immediate thought is that the obvious one is an online MTT diary to replace the Excel version. Anyone should be able to put tournaments in (and number of entries after tourney has closed to track overlays) or make corrections if something is wrong(or changes) - maybe with some kind of reputation score to stop malicious updates/spam. Being a database rather than excel screenprint it can be interactive - players can get lists of new additions - indicate if they're interested in it or not (if they're not interested, it wouldnt be displayed in their personal diary - if they are interested it could be listed in their own calendar). This could feed into a list of (PL) entrants for each event (much like the poll results). If the ability to add yourself closed after registration for the tourney were closed then it could be used to track MTT profit/loss - individually and as a group (some thought would need to go into "privacy" settings). We could see which sites/tournaments provide the best returns. Players aliases could be tracked by site (again with consideration for privacy options). Players could choose settings to filter the diary as they wish - e.g. I have FullTilt - show me their tournies, but I dont have Pokerstars - dont bother showing me anything on Pokerstars. Or only show me games where the buy in is below $10+$1. Or only show me games with an overlay of $5 per player. etc.... If you added in the ability to track bankroll, STTs and cash then I dont think you're that far from having the kind of functionality Al is after. (though I dont think there's any point in PL directly duplicating free tools that are already available). Most of the site specific tools out there focus on the US sites - Stars and FullTilt, and pretty much ignore the likes of Boss - If PL wanted to become a central and essential resource for poker players, then filling that gap could help. I'm not sure how much it will bring people into the community though - 99% of people would arrive, download what they wanted and never come back - if enough were to visit though - the 1% who stay may be worth it? I'm thinking along the lines of the scripts here - http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin/AutoHotKey With Boss, I'd quite like to see a script that could read my hand history, list the games (thinking mainly STTs) I've played - filling in as much info as possible (tournament number, game type, entrants, finishing position, buy-in, etc) and tracking my performance. Maybe linked into the first idea. As much needs to be automated as possible (think of people playing 4-6 tables of turbo STTs who are not really able to keep records manually themselves). Taking "reading the hand history" a bit further - navigating the Boss hand history browser is a nightmare (I think it's just a javascript script - so you have a starting framework - just needs some tweaking with presentation and navigation) - so a PL Hand History Browser for Boss (with a format that can be easily and clearly copied and pasted onto forums). Problem with the last 3 is that they would all need to be regularly (and rapidly if you have a reliant user base) updated every time there is a change to the hand history file. This next idea may be on slightly dodgy ground - I dont know what the T&C are on Boss relating to this - Boss doesn't allow data mining - so PT3/HEM databases are restricted to hands you've played - and so (for me at least) are very VERY small - how about a "hand exchange" tool - allow people to upload hands - for every hand uploaded they can download 25 or 50 others (you can download more than you upload because each upload you make will be downloaded multiple times). As a further incentive to upload, you could automatically "anonymise" the hero on hands they upload.
You don't want much do ya?:loon I'll add it to the list and see what can be done.
Wouldn't mind some sort of feature were you can press a button and you get runner runner in your favour obviously. How about that? ;)
Anything's possible, but that wouldn't come cheap Woodie. ;)

You don't want much do ya?:loon I'll add it to the list and see what can be done.
It was just a brain storm - obviously needs far more thought and consideration than I've just done ;)