** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 2 matches today........

chart_off.gif Worcestershire 365" onclick="a(0,409208236,6,5,0,15); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2.2 Betfred" onclick="a(0,409233243,11,10,0,6074); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2.1 2.1 2 Boylesports" onclick="a(0,409245480,1,1,0,6169); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2 1.83 2.2 Paddy Power" onclick="a(0,409328088,11,10,0,3); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2.1 2.2 1.83 Victor Chandler" onclick="a(0,409237938,11,10,0,6001); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2.1 William Hill" onclick="a(0,409233291,11,10,1,4); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2.1 Betfair" onclick="a(0,406794688,11,10,1,401); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2.1
chart_off.gif Hampshire 365" onclick="a(0,409208237,4,6,0,15); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.66 Betfred" onclick="a(0,409233290,4,6,0,6074); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.66 1.66 1.72 Boylesports" onclick="a(0,409245481,4,5,0,6169); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.8 1.83 1.61 Paddy Power" onclick="a(0,409328091,4,6,0,3); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.66 1.66 1.83 Victor Chandler" onclick="a(0,409237940,4,6,0,6001); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.66 William Hill" onclick="a(0,409233292,4,6,1,4); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.66 Betfair" onclick="a(0,406794689,37,50,1,401); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.74
chart_off.gif Northamptonshire 365" onclick="a(0,409231240,10,11,0,15); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.9 1.92 Betfred" onclick="a(0,409229329,1,1,0,6074); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">2 1.85 2 Boylesports" onclick="a(0,409245482,20,21,0,6169); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.95 1.72 1.83 Paddy Power" onclick="a(0,409330026,5,6,0,3); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 2 1.83 2 1.72 Victor Chandler" onclick="a(0,409237949,5,6,0,6001); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 William Hill" onclick="a(0,409442351,83,100,1,4); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 2 Betfair" onclick="a(0,406794690,83,100,1,401); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 1.99
chart_off.gif Warwickshire 365" onclick="a(0,409231241,10,11,0,15); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.9 1.85 Betfred" onclick="a(0,409229330,8,11,0,6074); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.72 1.85 1.8 Boylesports" onclick="a(0,409245483,5,6,0,6169); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 2 1.83 Paddy Power" onclick="a(0,409330027,5,6,0,3); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 1.8 1.83 1.8 2 Victor Chandler" onclick="a(0,409237950,5,6,0,6001); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 William Hill" onclick="a(0,409442352,83,100,1,4); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.83 1.93 Betfair" onclick="a(0,406794691,43,50,1,401); return false;" onmouseout="cellExit(this);">1.86 1.76
I'm going to leave the Hampshire/Worcester game alone as I'm on both outright but I'll have 3 for the other game which is the TV game. 3pts Northants to beat Warwickshire Evs Stan James It's hard to see either of these sides challenging for the title such is Kent's record in the division but this should still be fairly competitive between two fairly local rivals. Northants will be looking to show that they are better than their twenty20 semi final performance while Warwickshire will use the game to gain momentum for their Championship run in. Bears fans will be quick to point out however that they are unbeaten in the competition with games in hand. Northants beat Glamorgan last time out so as I say this should be a decent enough game. Northants have Niall O'Brien back in their side today after he missed last week's Championship match as he was with Ireland. Since the twenty20, Ian Harvey has left as he was only in for that competition. Monty Panesar is back playing county cricket while Nicky Boje is fit again to skipper the side which will include the dangerous Rob White and Andrew Hall. van der Wath and Hall will be key with the ball but Boje is a seasoned campaigner and Monty is beginning to bowl better now. Warwickshire will have to reshuffle their pack. Jon Trott is away with England although Ian Bell is able to play. It may be that Bell moves up to open alongside the big hitting Neil Carter. Jim Troughton has suddenly found form again as has Tim Ambrose. With the ball, Sreesanth will be key and Boyd Rankin, if he's fit is usually economical. Piolet and Barker are having decent 1st seasons and all eyes on will be on Ant Botha's spin, especially here at Wantage Road. Northants are generally a tough side to beat at home and with their very good spin option I think that will be the case today. A lot will depend on Warwickshire's top 3 so if Northants can get stuck in early I think they'll win this fairly comfortably. 3pts Over 6.5 6's 8/11 Skybet It's usually a decent batting wicket at Wantage Rd and whenever the sky cameras turn up it's always a short boundary to the left hand side looking out from the sky studio as there is only really one area where they can put the studio and commentary tower up. The straight boundaries aren't the biggest either, especially towards the indoor school. We've got some pretty big hitters on show today with the likes of White, O'Brien, Hall, van der Wath for Northants and Carter, Ambrose, Clarke and Botha for the Bears. 6.5 6's isn't a huge amount because neither bowling attack would be described as top notch so I expect we'll see a fair few 6's today. 1pt ew R.Wessels Top Northants Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Riki Wessels top scored for Northants in the 2nd innings of the Championship game in midweek having top scored against Kent in the same competition a couple of weeks ago. So he's in a decent run of form and I remember him top scoring against Warwickshire in this competition in the past. Wessels has hit a blistering 28 off 15 balls against Warwickshire in the twenty20 cup earlier on this year so he can do it against this attack. It can be annoying betting on the Northants runscorer market because they have a bad habit of getting their batting lineup all wrong but Wessels should bat in the top 5, he'd bat at 4 for me but assuming he's in the top 5 he's a good ew bet to top score given the decent form he's in.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 TV game today where the weather finally looks ok! I'm currently a pathetic -30.57pts coming into this match so I need a very good September and Worcester to do the bizzo to get out of such a loss. 4 for today. 3 bets and a spread bet. 3pts Essex to beat Hampshire Evs Betfred Essex and Hampshire both suffered the same fate over the weekend. They both got murdered by Worcestershire to effectively put them both out of the running for the title. However despite that, prize money in this league goes down to 7th place so there's all to play for. Essex may well want revenge after the Hawks went to Chelmsford in June and sent them packing from the twenty20 cup. Essex have named a very strong squad. Ravi Bopara is with England while Grant Flower injured himself playing club cricket at the weekend. Alastair Cook is available to play though and he'll be keen to go well on the cameras and impress the selectors. Graham Napier is fit again and Danish Kaneria is back in the attack. Mark Pettini is in the squad and should take his place in the side and resume the captaincy from James Foster. Hampshire may well go in with some kids. Dimitri Mascarenhas missed the game with Worcester on Monday with a bruised heel and Dominic Cork top edged a ball into his nose so both may be absent. Michael Carberry is definitely out with a broken thumb so James Vince will bat at number 3. Nic Pothas will skipper the side in Mascarenhas' absence while the likes of Riazuddin, Griffiths and Balcombe will form a bowling attack that went for 9 an over at New Road on Monday. Essex are always tough to beat at Chelmsford, particularly this late in the year when Kaneria is spinning his way through sides. They've scored runs for fun in this competition and I see them picking up a win over Hampshire who even if they go full strength which I don't see them doing, can't progress in the competition. 6pts Over 8.5 6's 5/6 Skybet As I said in game one of the Pro40 this year, Chelmsford is a very small ground and hitting 6's here is pretty easy, particularly if the wind is strong like it is forecast to be. There were a dozen 6's when Essex hosted Sussex in the 1st game of the competition and a similar number here wouldn't surprise. Essex have 2 huge hitters in ten Doeschate and Napier not to mention the likes of Pettini, Foster and even Middlebrook. Hampshire have big hitters in the likes of Lumb, Ervine and Pothas so we've got plenty of hitters on display, usually a decent batting wicket and short boundaries. I'm very confident we'll see at least 9 6's. 1pt ew R.ten Doeschate Top Essex Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Ryan ten Doeschate has already top scored twice for Essex in this competition. He went ballistic against Gloucestershire at Bristol hitting 88 off just 43 balls and then also top scored against Nottinghamshire when he smacked 64 off 50 balls. He's in decent nick with the bat and has been ever since the world twenty20 to be fair. In the twenty20 game I referred to earlier he batted 7 and still made 43 off just 22 balls. He's been batting 5 in this competition though and with those above him slightly hit and miss at 11/2 the Dutchman looks a good bet here. 0.25pts BUY S.Ervine's Performance at 52 Sporting Index Sean Ervine is playing some excellent cricket at the minute and if Hampshire are without Mascarenhas tonight then they'll need the Zimbabwean all-rounder to go very well in this game. In the twenty20 match here earlier in the summer, Ervine's performance totalled 109pts and I can see similar tonight. His medium pace is perfect for the wicket while his batting is excellent at the minute, epitomised by his 60 on Monday, admittedly in a losing effort. Ervine's been in good touch over the last 6 weeks with bat and ball and I think his performance will be made up a lot higher than the 52 on offer.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 Another bad day yesterday. There's a Pro40 game tomorrow. I'll go with 2 bets. 4pts Essex to beat Durham Evs Stan James Both Durham and Essex are playing for prize money only in this competition now but unlike Essex, Durham have bigger fish to fry with a huge Championship match with Notts next week. Essex will just be looking to finish the season off well. Durham have decided not to pick Steve Harmison and Graham Onions. Paul Collingwood is with England and as always there's no Michael di Venuto in this event either. Blackwell and Mustard will open the innings and the likes of Chanderpaul and Benkenstein will come in the middle order. Mitch Claydon and Liam Plunkett look set to lead the bowling attack which will again include the young leggie Scott Borthwick. Essex have named their strongest possible squad. Ravi Bopara is with England and Grant Flower is injured but Alastair Cook comes in here off the back of a century against Hampshire on Thursday night. David Masters returns to the squad and he's almost a given to go well in these conditions. Graham Napier will share the new ball with him. Essex have played some good cricket recently in this competition whereas Durham last time out got walloped by almost 200 runs. Overall, I think Essex are the better one day team of the two and I expect them to win here. 1pt ew G.Napier Top Essex Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Graham Napier bats at 3 for the Eagles in this competition, or at least he did on Thursday night against Hampshire. He looked good in that innings until one stopped on him but this is a fairly weak Durham attack and I think he can capitalise on that. He's one of very few who can clear these ropes but as well as being a smasher he can place the ball nicely as well. This is a decent Essex lineup but not many will be scoring as quickly as him when he's at the crease and at 7/1 with his lofty position in the batting lineup I'll have an ew bet on Napier in this one.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 I look at the counties websites for team news. Most of them provide it. Not all of them do unfortunately. Squads for the Lancashire game are: Lancashire’s 13-man squad Mal Loye VVS Laxman Paul Horton Francois du Plessis Steven Croft Mark Chilton Gareth Cross (wkt) Glen Chapple (cpt) Kyle Hogg Stephen Parry Sajid Mahmood Oliver Newby Gary Keedy Kent - Northeast, Tredwell, Blake, Jones (W), Stevens, Kemp ©, Mahmood, Goodman, Coles, Ferley, Edwards, Dixey Nothing for me today. I like Lancashire as well but I'm on them outright so they need to win for that reason anyway.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 Now back to -40.32 after a good game yesterday. Sussex vs Nottinghamshire is the TV game tomorrow. I'm going with 2 bets. 4pts Sussex to hit most 6's Evs Bet365 Nottinghamshire have rested all their big guns for this match as they have a big Championship match with Durham later this week so the likes of Ali Brown and Chris Read won't be hitting any 6's in this match. Adam Voges isn't around at the minute either and even the hitters down the order like Franks and Ealham have been rested. Sussex haven't announced their side yet but they are going for the title in this competition so they won't rest anyone. Luke Wright and Matt Prior are with England but crucially Dwayne Smith is around. He's been on fire in this competition. Goodwin, Hamilton-Brown, Nash and Joyce can all clear the ropes and knowing their own conditions, I think Sussex will put more over the ropes than the Outlaws. 1pt ew D.Smith Top Sussex Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Dwayne Smith has been on fire in this competition and that was epitomised in Sussex's last game against Yorkshire when it looked like the Sharks were struggling. However the West Indian came in and smashed a savage 58 off just 22 balls. That came soon after a 30 ball knock of 54 on this ground against Durham. Annoyingly in that match when I was on him to top score, he came in after Yardy however hopefully his big hitting will have earned him a spot up the order and the form he's in he's an excellent each way bet as he can mishit the ball over these boundaries.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 Better day yesterday. Will update the totals after tonight's game which is Somerset vs Essex. I'm going with 3 bets. 3pts Essex to beat Somerset 6/5 Boylesports Somerset host Essex tonight knowing they have to keep winning in order to be in with a chance of catching Sussex at the top of the table. Essex can't win Pro40 but they've won their last 2 which shows that they've not given up trying to finish as high as possible and a win here would move them up to 3rd in the table. Somerset have named their strongest squad for the game as you would expect. Trecothick and Kieswetter will open up with Langer, Hildreth and de Bruyn in behind and Trego floating. Willoughby and Thomas will open the bowling with Max Waller, the young leg spinner offering a solid spin option. Ben Phillips is another bowling option. Essex have also named a strong squad. It's the same squad that beat Durham on Saturday and I'd expect them to name the same side. Alastair Cook is available but Ravi Bopara isn't as he's with England. Cook and Pettini will open and then the powerpacked middle order of Napier, Foster and ten Doeschate will take over. With the ball, Masters and Napier will look to keep it tight to allow Kaneria to wieve his magic. Somerset are the only ones for whom this game means something but Essex are a dangerous side and 2 big run chases in the last 5 days shows they are still looking to win games. On paper this is very close so with the day night situation factored in Essex look a shade of value here. 5pts Over 8.5 6's 5/6 Skybet This line looks very low. James Foster hit 5 6's in 5 balls at the Riverside on Saturday and this ground is probably 20 yards smaller all the way around. Now obviously he'll never hit 5 6's on the trot again but it shows the potential there is here. Napier, ten Doeschate and Pettini can all hit a huge ball and then obviously most of the Somerset side can. Neither bowling attack is that strong that they can't give up 6's so this line is very achievable. Therefore I'll take the overs. 1pt ew G.Napier Top Essex Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Graham Napier came 3rd when I backed him at Durham on Saturday and that's harsh really given he made 63. But that could've just been a warm up for this match where he'll score even quicker as he can mishit balls for 6 here. He's going to be batting against a very weak bowling attack here and if he can get himself in then he should hit a big score. Cook is the obvious danger with 2 tons in 3 days at the end of last week but Napier will be scoring quicker than anyone when he's in and 5/1 is still a decent value price for an ew punt.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009

I'm on Essex in running from earlier. Hope they win it' date=' ridiculous before. Telling then they need 17 from 1 over then after 1 ball oh no we'll play on:@[/quote'] Still got there in the end mate, great batting from Wright at the end. :ok Farcical scenes though throughout the night, terrible for betting purposes......you have to feel sorry for the poor bastards on betfair that hammered Somerset at 1.1 when they were told by umpires and sky that they effectivley needed 19 off 5 balls only to see it then turn into 100 odd off 90 again 2 minutes later. :\ Also shows how D/L needs re-calulating bigtime.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 One for me today. Nottingham to beat Durham 6/4.... Durham would the CC last night, Ive got no doubt they would have sank a few last night as a result of it and anyone backing a team of people pissed at 1/2 is crazy....... I'm being serious here as well.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 I'm running seriously late so no huge write up's. I'm on Nottingham today as well. 3 in total. 3pts Nottinghamshire to beat Durham 6/4 Extrabet Durham havent' named their squad yet but I expect it to be a fairly young one having won the Championship yesterday. Notts have named a stronger squad than the one which got mullered at Sussex earlier in the week and will want to leave the Riverside with some consolation this weekend so I'll take them at a decent price in the hope that Durham do name a young squad and last night's celebrations have taken their toll. 1pt S.Patel Top Nottinghamshire Batsman 5/1 Ladbrokes No ew prices which is disappointing but Samit Patel is the class act in this Nottinghamshire line up and his wristy, Asian batting style can take advantage of the big outfield here. It's a big couple of matches for Samit with Notts on TV on Saturday too just to keep himself in the selectors minds. At 5/1, with the quality Patel possesses I'm happy to take a small punt on him to top score for the Outlaws today. 4pts Northamptonshire to beat Surrey 4/6 Totesport Northants haven't named their squad for this game but they've named a strong side throughout the competition so I'm hopeful they'll do the same today despite their Championship promotion hopes. Surrey have named a very young squad which is obviously without Nel and Ramprakash who are out for the season. This should be a mismatch so I'm happy to take the 4/6 on the Steelbacks here.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 Worcestershire vs Somerset is the TV game today but I'm going to refrain from betting because a Worcestershire win sets up a winner takes all battle on the last day of the season with Sussex for the title. As I'm on the Royals outright I'll leave that alone. I was looking for a top bat angle but there's no real value there either with both sides dominated by the openers who will be against bad bowling lineups. Just a watching brief in the hope Worcestershire (who for the record I do actually think will win) win.

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 Am now just hoping Worcestershire hang on for a place, particularly as they play Sussex on the last day :sad. TV game this afternoon offers a couple of betting opportunities. 6pts Warwickshire (-3.5wickets/20.5runs) to beat Surrey 4/5 Sportingbet Warwickshire still have aspirations of winning Division 2 of Pro40 while Surrey are just using the competition for experience to their younger players ahead of next season and to see who is good and who isn't. Unfortunately for Brown Caps fans, thus far this season most have gone into the isn't column. Warwickshire could be without Neil Carter who had a back spasm at Kent on Sunday but even without him there's enough batting in the likes of Trott and Bell to cope with this weak Surrey bowling attack. Surrey's batting lineup is even worse and the likes of Sreesanth and Woakes could go through it like a hot knife through butter. The 3.40 start means the light situation isn't so bad and I expect a comprehensive Warwickshire win here. 1pt ew J.Troughton Top Warwickshire Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Jim Troughton has been in decent nick with the bat all summer long and he comes into this game off a solid effort against Kent on Sunday. At the start of the season, he and Jon Trott dominated the run charts for the Bears and while Troughton had a dip in the last 6 weeks or so the signs are there that he's coming good again. If Carter doesn't play, Trott and Bell will open with Troughton at 3 and 6/1 is too big on a guy who is in form, will bat 3 or 4 at worst and who the rest of the order could be stronger. For me the ex-England international is worthy of solid ew support here.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Cricket: NatWest Pro40 2009 Last day of the county season today.

Sunday 27 September 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Gloucestershire (12:45 BST) 1.8 2.2 101.01 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Durham (12:45 BST) 1.45 3 102.30 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Sussex (12:45 BST) 2.75 1.57 100.00 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Essex (12:45 BST) 2.2 1.8 101.01 %
Sunday 27 September 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Glamorgan (12:45 BST) 1.66 2.37 102.11 %
maximize.gifKent v Northamptonshire (12:45 BST) 1.63 2.62 99.44 %
maximize.gifLancashire v Warwickshire (12:45 BST) 2.3 1.7 102.30 %
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Surrey (12:45 BST) 1.83 2.2 100.00 %
3 bets for me. 2 of which are in the TV game which is Worcestershire vs Sussex which I'll do 1st. 4pts Worcestershire Highest 1st 15 Overs 5/4 Stan James Two sides go about their strategies in the 1st 15 overs in different ways. Worcestershire shove Steven Davies, who is playing his last game for the club today, up the order. He and Solanki are formidable when they get going at the top of the order. Sussex tend to use Ed Joyce and Rory Hamilton-Brown. Neither are massively quick scorers. Not in the mould of the Royals openers anyhow. Worcestershire have a couple of decent enough opening bowlers in Shantry who has impressed me so far and Chris Whelan and Sussex without Arafat these days can go for a few in the 1st 15. Yardy doesn't like using his spinners until the 15 overs are up so we probably won't see Chawla until then so I'm happy to take a big price on Worcestershire in the 15 over match here. 1pt ew D.Smith Top Sussex Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I've backed Dwayne Smith all summer long in this tournament it seems and he's regularly come in with placed efforts. Today is set up for him to top score. He smacked 80 at Trent Bridge yesterday but with nerves possibly around the Sharks side, Smith as an international cricketer can come in and allay those. New Rd isn't big enough to contain him and if he gets in early enough he'll go well at this price. 5pts Essex to beat Yorkshire 4/5 Boylesports Essex are a much better one day side than Yorkshire and since Alastair Cook has come into their side they have played really good cricket in this competition. We saw yesterday what ten Doeschate can do and then there's the likes of Pettini, Napier and Foster all can all hit a big ball around Alastair Cook. No Rashid or Bresnan for Yorkshire. No Rana Naved either and although they are competitive on their day, I expect this Essex side to have too much for them today.