Horse alerts

Re: Horse alerts The ATR tracker is very good - it allows you enter comments which is great. Someone on this forum recommended it a while ago which put me onto it. I used some of the other sites to get alerts but without comments I sometimes couldn't remember the reason I tracked the horse in the first place. ATR emails you your comments and a short form update as well.

Re: Horse alerts

Why?
You can enter comments, and decide how long you want the alert for, plus you get Timeform comments too. On top of that I am completely biased But yea, as a punter it is better than gg and Nagme reagrdless imo

• 3 months later...

Re: Horse alerts I agree the ATR tracker is good. The Sportinglife one (the free one anyway) is a waste of time as you can't add comments and there is a limit of 25 horses or something. I like the idea that you can add trainers and jockeys on the GG one but do you have to pay for it? This is why I ask DISCLAIMER Please note that this service is available on all major UK and Irish networks and is supplied by a third party SMS provider. GG.COM cannot be held responsible for non delivery due to circumstances out of our control. SMS alerts cost £0.50 per message. To stop receiving SMS alerts text GG ALERT STOP to 60060.

Re: Horse alerts taken from the sporting life Sportinglife.com is proud to launch our new service My Stable meaning you need never miss another runner from your favourite horses, trainers and jockeys. You can put your stable together using the search facility and we'll send you an email alert the day before any of the horses are due to run - or your chosen trainers and jockeys that have declared runners and mounts. We'll also store all the news clippings for your team in a dedicated section of the site along with Racing UK video replays of their runs and a full run down of results and entries. For obvious reasons My Stable must be behind a log-in so all you need to do to access the My Stable section is provide your Sky Bet log-in details, as you do for Super Six or Fantasy Football - or follow the simple instructions to join on theMy Stable home page. By clicking on Your Selections you can amend your stable easily by deleting any additions you no longer want in your list while you also have the option not to receive an email if you are happy to monitor your stable yourself. The best thing is My Stable is absolutely FREE so what are you waiting for? Put together YOUR stable right now. should be use-full

Re: Horse alerts Do like the ATR one. Easy to use and very useful indeed with the comment function. Only down side is, that you do get the mails where you'll get informed about horses of your list running the next day, pretty late. Usually around 0.00-01.00 in the morning. What is too late for me as I do my research usually at work the afternoon before for the next day's racing actually.

Do like the ATR one. Easy to use and very useful indeed with the comment function. Only down side is' date=' that you do get the mails where you'll get informed about horses of your list running the next day, pretty late. Usually around 0.00-01.00 in the morning. What is too late for me as I do my research usually at work the afternoon before for the next day's racing actually.[/quote'] Agree with that. that's the main thing that p*sses me off about it getting the alerts too late, would also sometimes like to write more in the box when setting up the alert but not too fussed about that. The Rat, get onto them about sending the emails out earlier. And deleting horses from your list, you can only do one at a time which takes a while if you want to delete a few. Should be a tick box to be able to delete a load at once.

And deleting horses from your list, you can only do one at a time which takes a while if you want to delete a few. Should be a tick box to be able to delete a load at once.
Blimey, I thought I was impatient:lol. It's two clicks, one on the dustbin and one to confirm. Takes around five seconds and, given you can only have 100 in total, how often are you going to have to delete a large amount in one go?

:lol Well sometimes when i havent checked the list in a while and want to delete 5-10 horses' date=' you've got to delete them one at a time, then scroll all the way back down again. Should just be like your email account, select which ones you want to delete then do it all at once.[/quote'] Yeah, you'd think they'd think about things like that when they set it up but the more I see websites updated with so called "improvements" the more I'm convinced that the people behind the upgrades are people who never actually have to use them. Betfair is a prime example. It gets worse with every "improvement".

Agree with that. that's the main thing that p*sses me off about it getting the alerts too late, would also sometimes like to write more in the box when setting up the alert but not too fussed about that. The Rat, get onto them about sending the emails out earlier. And deleting horses from your list, you can only do one at a time which takes a while if you want to delete a few. Should be a tick box to be able to delete a load at once.
The character limit is pretty annoying, absolutely. I would have much more to write in most cases. Found now a good alternative though. www.racebets.com offers to save your "favourites" as well. You can write as much as you want in to the box and you get informed via mail about your runners an afternoon in advance, what is really useful I think. Only downside is you have to remove horses yourself. There is no function to say you want the horse only for the next run or for the next three runs on your list.

• 5 months later...

Re: Horse alerts Racebets.com. You can save your favourites for almost every country in the world... at least from all the countries they offer odds for, and that's quite a lot. Works very well, they send you a day before the actual race of your horse a mail. Highly recommendable service. You don't need to have money on your account btw...

• 9 months later...

Re: Horse alerts I'm relatively new to horse race betting and I'm looking for a free (or low cost) alert service which will email or text me when a particular horse or horses are entered into a race and also again nearer the actual race day. Has anybody got any up to date thoughts please?

Do like the ATR one. Easy to use and very useful indeed with the comment function. Only down side is' date=' that you do get the mails where you'll get informed about horses of your list running the next day, pretty late. Usually around 0.00-01.00 in the morning. What is too late for me as I do my research usually at work the afternoon before for the next day's racing actually.[/quote'] Late you say? Mine come in between, 6pm and 8pm the night before always, plenty of time to study them and get the early prices. Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

I'm relatively new to horse race betting and I'm looking for a free (or low cost) alert service which will email or text me when a particular horse or horses are entered into a race and also again nearer the actual race day. Has anybody got any up to date thoughts please?
You need to read the thread you have posted on? Lots of alternatives out there.

You need to read the thread you have posted on? Lots of alternatives out there.
I did read the thread - and have signed up for some of those mentioned. As some of the posts were quite old I was just asking for "up to date thoughts" i.e any new ones or ones that have improved or indeed got worse/unreliable.