Royal Ascot

Re: Royal Ascot bowles, I read somewhere with an interview with Bryan Smart that he's more confident with his other horse in the King Stands Stake (Spin Cycle) who is around 33/1 at the moment what you think?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Royal Ascot trends for the first race at royal-ascot queen-anne-stakes-last ten-years 10/10 were male 10/10 had an adjusted raceform rating of at least 127[last six winners rated 131 or higher 10/10 had run that year 8/10had won over 1 mile 7/10 were four[the other 3 were agedfive,and four winners prior to the decade investigated were also aged four] 7/10 were trained by either saeed bin suroor or michael stoute 7/10 had won a group race over 1 mile 4/7 finished out of the first three on their last start

Re: Royal Ascot trends for the 2nd race at royal ascot kings stand stakes-last 10 years 9/10 had already run that season [one that hadnt was dominica] 9/10 had an adjusted raceform rating of 121 or higher.looked at more closely7/10 were rated between 123-134 7/10 had won a group race over 5f [one that hadnt was a 3yr old] 7/10 were drawn between stalls 3 and 8 7/10 were four or older 6/10 won there last start 6/10 were overseas raiders including 5 of the last six winners 1/10 favourites have won,and winning sps have included 16/1[twice]20/1 22/1 and 25/1

Re: Royal Ascot trends for the 3rd race at royal ascot st james palace stakes 10/10 had a first three finishes in a group 1 to there name 10/10 had an adjusted raceform rating of at least 130,and the same number were rated within 7lb of the top rated runner 9/10 had finished in the first four in a guineas 9/10 were in the front four in the betting 6/10 won their last start 6/10 favourites have won including thre of the last four 5/10 have been trained by aidan obrian 3/10 have won at 8/1 the biggest winning sp

Re: Royal Ascot I hardly get involved on day 1 as I believe those 6 races are possible the 6 toughest races of the five days. Usually only play in the staying handicap, but this year cannot find a bet in that either. Likely to be my first non-betting day at Royal Ascot. Which I'm quite sad about to be honest. Spin Cycle is on my list, although I was hoping to see the horse run in 3yo sprints. May risk a small bet on that but not definite. Still, Jamie Spencer lost the ride on Delegator, four days later and I'm still laughing. :lol

Re: Royal Ascot

Avoid Sin Bins horses... ie: Godolphin. They couldn't train pigs.
i know what you mean JJ, but come on, they do well at Ascot & shouldnt be overlooked, perhaps you can afford to lose when they win they cant win with the punters as most always says "fiddling cheats" when they win & similar to your comments when they lose Looking forward to them picking up the 1st winner tomorrow already

I really fancy Soul City to place in the St James Palace stakes tomorrow' date=' 25/1 seems far to big for a horse that will of improved for it's last run and will find a much better surface tomorrow to run on. Backing it each-way.[/quote'] Agreed - a cracking EW bet ! Apparently Evasive is the one that's being backed but I don't think he'll stay a mile in top company. I wanted him to go for the Jersey Also - Gladiatorus is now drifting..............

i know what you mean JJ, but come on, they do well at Ascot & shouldnt be overlooked, perhaps you can afford to lose when they win they cant win with the punters as most always says "fiddling cheats" when they win & similar to your comments when they lose Looking forward to them picking up the 1st winner tomorrow already
No wonder people cannot stand them. I have lost count of the amount of promising horses they have taken under their care only for them to go drastically downhill. They are a joke imo.