** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable?

justbetter

Curiosity has been getting to me lately and I wanted to see if laying teams could hold its own in a proper system compared to "Draw No Bets" or straight winners (1x2). The purpose of this thread will be to use the picks from my laying thread and put them into three separate banks, one for each type of bet. Each bank will have 100 points and each bet will be 10% of the bank. This will be worked out before each bet. All lays will be with betfair and all other bets will use the best odds I can find. The bookmaker will be posted. THIS IS A PAPER TRIAL Stay Tuned!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable? i'd have thought that the dnb's/laying would be better in one bank, but simply looking at which odds are better value as they return the same outcome? EDIT - still in holiday mode - mistaking dnb's with double chance bets :wall interesting to see the comparison - not exactly paper trialled like this, but most of my betting these days is layign rather than betting on. good luck :ok

Re: 1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable? draw no bets are more proftable bets but i guess if you factor in occasional draws where your bank is not growing (whereas the same result would yield an increase in the laying bank) then it might work out to be a similar figure in terms of growth

Re: 1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable? Time will tell i spose 1. Helsingborgs vs Trelleborgs with the home team being backed in the three ways 1x2 Bank 10 points at 1.5 Balance 90 DNB Bank 10 points at 1.17 Balance 90 Lay Bank 10 points laying at 10.26 (odds I got matched at on Betfair) Balance 90

Re: 1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable? I'm not sure to be honest. This experiment is really to see which system would work best and I think if I were to run one of these systems it would be using the best odds I could find. Though I agree if it were just a pure comparison of the 3 methods of betting rather than the systems it would be more "correct" to use the same bookie.

Re: 1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable?

I'm not sure to be honest. This experiment is really to see which system would work best and I think if I were to run one of these systems it would be using the best odds I could find. Though I agree if it were just a pure comparison of the 3 methods of betting rather than the systems it would be more "correct" to use the same bookie.
You're right, there's a difference

Re: 1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable?

Hope you manage to keep this going for a good while jimmah it should be interesting to see how the 3 compare over time . Good Luck mate :ok
Thanks. I intend to keep it going for as long as the Laying Football Selections thread has money in it and at the rate its currently going that could be a long, long time!

Re: 1x2, DNB or Lays...which is most profitable? Thanks HLV 2-1 Nurnberg 1x2 Bank Balance £115.19 DNB Bank Balance £109.50 Lay Bank Balance £107.88 Wins 5 Draws 1 Losses 0 (just realised I got the numbering wrong and had two number 3s)