** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Washy & Samba's "Ferguson" Challenge

Washman

In an effort to introduce some form of bankroll management into my poker, and inspired by reading Chris Ferguson's $0 to $10k challenge in PP45, I've decided to give the same challenge a go. I'll be doing this exclusively on FTP, with a slight headstart on Ferguson - starting bankroll is $2.17, and also have 665 points which might help me to start off with. Will try to post daily updates on my progress, or lack of it :\ I will continue playing normal games on other sites, hence restricting the challenge to FTP. The Rules (once I have $50): 1. Never risk more than 5% of bankroll in STTs or cash. No more than 2% in MTTs, or 0.5% in rebuys. 2. In PL or NL cash, leave the table before blinds if you have more than 10% of bankroll at the table. 3. You can move up levels as soon as you can afford the buy-in. Current Bankroll: $110.78

Re: Washy's "Ferguson" Challenge Good luck Washy :ok Do you need to play those freerolls? Whilst $2.17 may not sound a lot, it's a massive head start and enough that you can play the microstakes games (which you should crush) and quickly build up from there

Re: Washy's "Ferguson" Challenge

Good luck Washy :ok Do you need to play those freerolls? Whilst $2.17 may not sound a lot, it's a massive head start and enough that you can play the microstakes games (which you should crush) and quickly build up from there
Cheers GaF. You're probably right about the freerolls, but I'd feel a bit of a fraud if I didn't play at least one of them! So, will give the first one a go before looking at micro-stakes later :ok

Re: Washy's "Ferguson" Challenge Good luck Washy.... ....fancy a challenge within your challenge? - I've got $58.30 in FT of which $55 is for the MiniFOPS Main Event - so really only $3.30. And I've only got 110 FTPs. So $2.17 and 665FTPs v $3.30 and 110FTPs fair starting points? :ok

Re: Washy's "Ferguson" Challenge

Good luck Washy.... ....fancy a challenge within your challenge? - I've got $58.30 in FT of which $55 is for the MiniFOPS Main Event - so really only $3.30. And I've only got 110 FTPs. So $2.17 and 665FTPs v $3.30 and 110FTPs fair starting points? :ok
Excellent idea Samba - should provide a bit of extra motivation. Welcome aboard :ok

Re: Washy & Samba's "Ferguson" Challenge

I'll be doing this exclusively on FTP, with a slight headstart on Ferguson - starting bankroll is $2.17, and also have 665 points which might help me to start off with.
So $2.17 and 665FTPs v $3.30 and 110FTPs fair starting points? :ok
Cheats! :eyes Good luck, both. :ok

Re: Washy & Samba's "Ferguson" Challenge Cheers for the good wishes everyone - gonna be a long slog to get anywhere. Just played my first session of 0.01/0.02 - lost my first 50c buy-in, but reloaded and ended up 74c up :lol I suppose that counts as a successful start - up to $2.91!!

Re: Washy & Samba's "Ferguson" Challenge Day 2 update: Lost $0.80 playing 0.01/0.02 NLHE Lost $0.50 playing 0.01/0.02 PLO Then decided to use up some of my points :ok 17117548.jpg So, now have $1.61, some points and 12 T$ :nana:nana Will probably play some STTs with the T$ to see where that leads. Until I reach the $50 point where the rules kick in, will jump around a bit to try and build up ASAP.

Re: Washy & Samba's "Ferguson" Challenge Day 3 & 4 - no poker Day 5 - played a bit of 0.05/0.10 NLHE: sat down with $4, left with $6.01, so up to $9.09 :ok Next session saw me lose $2 Just finished 3rd and final session of the day - lost £2 twice, then put final $3.09 onto table. Got very lucky when my KK flopped a set against AA, and ended at $13.

Re: Washy & Samba's "Ferguson" Challenge Played some .01/.02 with my $1.25, down to $1.12 when I slightly more than doubled up with Aces, put me on $2.29. Hovered around this for a bit before winning a nice pot with :Ah::Kh: - flop :Ks::Th::2h:. Villain liked what he saw and shoved with his :Qh::9h: flush draw and inside straight draw. He didn't hit any of the 3 jacks that would have beaten me. (by the way - why, in cash games, when there's all-ins do the cards not get turned over? :unsure). That put me up to $4.13, and I eventually left on $3.92. Played a $1.25 6-man STT and bubbled AGAIN. Currently on $2.67 with 220+ FPPs (thanks to the $55 tourney last night mainly :$)