pretty good flop for ak ,but do i call?

ubermonkey1

this hand is from the hendon mob playoff on wendsday. it's an 18 seater with only 1 prize a $4k wsop package. for some reason my ft hand history turned itself off on the last update so i will have to do it by memory:wall 2nd level, blinds are 20/40 starting stack was 3000 i'm on about 2900 play so far has been pretty aggressive all round and every player is decent, so no easy money. i'm sat on the button with as kc utg calls (2400 chips),cutoff raises to 180(3200) and i call. should i have reraised here? i was thinking early levels do i really wanna commit to much without seeing a flop:unsure and utg flat calls flop comes down 3c qs ks utg checks,cutoff bets 250 and i reraise to 650. utg then goes all in:eek cutoff folds. so i have just over 1600 to call with 2100 left,should i or not?

Re: pretty good flop for ak ,but do i call? His shove in this postion suggests that he wants to take down the pot without a caller. This implies that he believes he has the best hand currently but is concerned about the straight and flush draws, or he's bluffing. The hands you're currently behind to are AA, KK, QQ, 33, KQ, K3, Q3 although you also have to worry about any two spades and hands such as J10. Since you state that these are good players we can rule out calling a 4.5x raise out of position with K3 & Q3. Also you'd expect a reraise preflop with AA or KK (and maybe QQ). The structure of this tournament probably makes my final decision here. It's a winner takes all against good, aggressive players. Gaining a decent chip stack at this stage will give you a good opportunity to progress. If you lose you still have 500 chips and low blinds so it probably worth the risk and call.

Re: pretty good flop for ak ,but do i call?

this hand is from the hendon mob playoff on wendsday. it's an 18 seater with only 1 prize a $4k wsop package. for some reason my ft hand history turned itself off on the last update so i will have to do it by memory:wall 2nd level, blinds are 20/40 starting stack was 3000 i'm on about 2900 play so far has been pretty aggressive all round and every player is decent, so no easy money. i'm sat on the button with as kc utg calls (2400 chips),cutoff raises to 180(3200) and i call. should i have reraised here? i was thinking early levels do i really wanna commit to much without seeing a flop:unsure and utg flat calls flop comes down 3c qs ks utg checks,cutoff bets 250 and i reraise to 650. utg then goes all in:eek cutoff folds. so i have just over 1600 to call with 2100 left,should i or not?
At the very best you are slight fav. As you have the Ace of spades, the only drawing hand you can have is JsTs. This is the only chance you have of being in front, and like I say you are only slight fav if this is the case - it's much more likely you are behind to two pair or better. Every player is decent, no decent player would ever make this move with KJ, therefore you must pass. I understand the theory behind not committing too much without hitting, however a call only works if you're heads up. AK heads is fine, but three handed you could end up in a tricky situation like this. With the UTG caller I would reraise preflop, personally. A decent player who calls UTG will call an already called (by you) raise 100% of the time. You are always going to be 3-handed if you flat call. I would've made it around 500 to play, however you can even min-raise here, one of the only times it's ok preflop. It would be 360 to play for the UTG player and he would need a huge hand to call that - if he did then you're beat and alarm bells should be ringing. By flat calling, and allowing UTG to do the same it makes much harder to read on the flop. I think you folded here. What happened? :ok