** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch

7 pts Taylor to beat Froch @ 10/11 Skybet I can't understand why the bookies have this fight so close. Froch has fought nobody of any real note so far and although he is unbeaten this is a serious step up in class. Taylor is a former undisputed middle weight champion and accounted for the legendary Bernard Hopkins twice (going into the first contest Hopkins was unbeaten for 12 years). Any pretentions that Hopkins was shot during those bouts have been subsequently dissolved with the executioner turning in eye catching performances again Joe Calzaghe and in schooling the unbeaten Kelly Pavlik. Taylor has been KO'd by the aforementioned white ghost but again I don't see Froch in this class. I make Taylor 1/2 shot for this and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the prices on offer. On all known form Froch has to be opposed and in a big way.

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch I think you're you're spot on. That would be my analysis exactly, there's just no value in Froch at that price so my money has to go on Taylor. But, I've got a little niggle at the back of my mind that Froch is going to pull this off. He's got an excellent chin, decent punch and a fantastic workrate. All of which were Taylor's undoing against Pavlik. Are Froch and Pavlik in the same league? Well I think they're a lot closer than most would have it. If you look at what happened between Hopkins, Pavlik and Taylor i.e. Taylor beat Hopkins twice, Hopkins beat Pavlik, Pavlik Beat Taylor twice, you can start to see there's something in the old addage that 'styles make fights'. Nevertheless, I'll be having a small punt on Taylor by decision. Just a value bet. Froch would have to be out around 2.7 for me, which would make my odds on Taylor about the same as yours at 1.5. Good luck:ok

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch Guys i agree that taylor is a quality operator but iam going against you here and i am taking froch to win this one at 11/10 WITH PADDY POWER and iam also going to have some of the 12/5 with ladbrokes for froch to win by stoppage or ko. I have seen froch a no of times and yes i am a fan,the pascal fight at nottingham ice arena was unforgett able,both guys laid it on the line,lots wrong from a technical purists angle,but so what,the wbc belt was on the line for 2 hungry fighters. Taylor will bring the advantage of superior hand speed and i would gues that he wil be instructed to keep froch at distance,spearing him with his fast jab.Frochhie is of course the classic counter- puncher,and with left hand down low he always looks on for that quick fast right over the top;however that is froch now ,he is never going to change at this stage of his carreer.Lest we forget that froch likes to tempt them in with the left hand low i order to land his favoured right upercut through the middle,which is his signature punch. This will be only,what taylor's second fight at super middle?and in his last fight he hardly looked impressive to my eyes fighting jeff lacy and without doubt,despite taylor's protestations,lacy tagged him with that left hook over the top in round 5,as larry merchant said, that was no fall.Whatever your doubts about froch as a legitamate champ,you cannot escape the fact that froch does the weight so easy,he walks around at the weight,there will be no going up to light heavy for carl,me thinks. A s to the fight and i have subscribed to omnisports to see it live,a dsgrace it is not on setanta or sky by the way. Taylor will have the advantage of being the home fighter although i feel that frochie will have the advantge of the usual great travelling support form the british fans,not a hatton type following but still vocal enough to give froch some edge.Taylor is one of those fighters who,outside of arkansaw,his home state, does not have a major following. I Feel as i think most do that taylor will not beat froch inside the distance,not having laid anyone out for 5 years or so,.taylor by decision looks his most likely path to victory. As for the cobra,he is going to need no motivation here ,the snub by british tv,the who the fxxx is froch comments from lou di bella.Froch is out to make a statement of intent to a largely disbeliving american fight audience.As to the lack of quality of frochies previous opponents,valid and fair points,but froch has shown no hesitation in being prepeared to step staight up to the next level and take on taylor in america,taylor certainly showed no willingness to come to notingham to take on froch.,which he was repeatedly offered that option before froch took on pascal. This wil be a cracking fight and taylor may well have froch in some bother at times with his quick jab and good hand speed but also at some time frochie will get onto taylor,and if taylor gets backed onto the ropes then he will be in choppy waters,taylor is no so good fighting on the back foot.,and forch is a lethal finisher when he gets you in trouble. I cannot wait for this one and whilst there will be some tricky moments for the cobra,i am confident that he will come through here in about rounds 9-10.Enjoy the fight boys.

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch Anybody paying for this from the Omnisport website? Wanted to know if it was any good before paying a 10er for it. I know there will be plenty of free feeds around but the quality is usually shit. Any thoughts?

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch

Anybody paying for this from the Omnisport website? Wanted to know if it was any good before paying a 10er for it. I know there will be plenty of free feeds around but the quality is usually shit. Any thoughts?
There's only one way I'm watching anything over the internet, and that's free:lol I'll stay up, see if I can get a half-decent free stream, there's normally one or two . If not I'll just go to bed.

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch There was a lot of criticism of Froch's record and the fact he fought some Polish builder but that was due to so called big fighters pulling out at the last minute and others seemingly doing all they can to avoid him. He has an awful low left hand defence like David Haye but that makes it all the more interesting. He has a decent chin and a good power and is possibly underrated, I think Froch will win but it might be on points. I'm hoping justin.tv or some other will have a live link, where will we find one? If anyone finds anything can they post it up here so we can all watch the fight. I'll be staying up for it and I believe extended highlights are being shown on TV tomorrow night. Maybe a convincing win in America is what Froch needs to springboard him into the big time.

I'm hoping justin.tv or some other will have a live link, where will we find one? If anyone finds anything can they post it up here so we can all watch the fight.
someone will probably stream it through justin.tv. I'll keep an eye out on the myp2p.eu forums and post anything I find here.

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch I think Froch on a tight points decision He may not have fought the calibre of fighters Taylor has but he is good none the less and Taylor may struggle. Froch looked good too in the weigh in and think he can do this Really looking forward to this, just hope I can stay awake

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch Got the makings of a cracking fight has this one. Absolutely scandalous this one isn't live on UK TV though. 5pts C.Froch to beat J.Taylor Evs Blue Square Fair play to the Cobra here, he could've gone down the piss easy routine defence in Nottingham approach like many other champions do but no, he's off to the States, to take on one of the better fighters we've seen over the last 4/5 years. There's no doubt if we judge this fight purely on records that Taylor would win it by a landslide but it's not Froch's fault that he hasn't fought anyone of any real note as many have chosen to avoid him. Looking at the fight though, I think Froch's workrate will be too good. Taylor showed against Lacy last time out that he can still fight but he's likely to have to fight at a hell of a pace for 12 rounds. Anyone who saw Froch fight Pascal will understand the stamina of the Cobra. That workrate could yield a KO for Froch but should see him ahead if the fight goes the distance. Taylor still packs a punch but the losses to Pavlik looks to have had an effect on him. Froch has looked very confident in the build up to the fight and I think that confidence will be justified when the dust settles on this one.

Where is your money then Pete? I was mega confident that Taylor would win but a few doubts are creeping in' date=' there is more support for Froch than I was anticipating.[/quote'] Seeing as you asked! I wasn't initially going to bet on this but I've had a not so careful think and decided to go for Taylor on points; 3.15 @ Betfair. Not pretending to be an expert here but I didn't think Froch won so easily against Pascal and anyone that has decisioned Bernard Hopkins twice can certainly box, through one reason or another Froch hasn't got such a career defining win on his resume, the biggest scalp possibly being Robin Reid? Taylor hasn't knocked anyone out in a while, it's in the US (dodgy home judges?) and this is Froch's debut in the limelight so I'll have a little bit on Taylor pts victory.

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch very good thread this one. some good views the majority i agree with.... yes taylor has fought the highr standard of opposition for sure but he has never impressed me that much. wins over hopkins were debatable imo (1 certainly was for me) he struggled with spinks when in reality he shouldve bullied him, with winky he just couldnt get off properly (admittedly winky is awkward) and he was disgusted with the draw....fair play he did what he was supposed to against ouma but agin agians a fighter he couldve bullied and who is shot now anyway and then there were the pavlik defeats......oh and as said above lacy (again a spent fighter imo) had him on the floor where he wqas holding a lot. I deffo think JT has stamina problems though but maybe as he says it got to be a struggle with the weight. Froch does seem confident and he is willing to go over there for this all credit (great post by kevshat).....ive heard people say froch is arrogant - i honestly dont think this is the case - i just think hes supremely confident......ive tood and fowed on this 1 all week and still cant make my mind up.............it really is a huge step up in class for froch and he truly has never been in the ring with someone as fast as taylor......hopefully he can get through the 1st few rounds and then start to wear taylor down. maybe letting my heart rule my head but fancy froch to come through strongly in the later rounds.....but im not confident enough for a serious bet so for interest i go froch for a vlue minimum bet in round 10 and 11 40/1 apiece ps. if anyone does find a link please put it up . cheers

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch :oknice one guys cheers looking forward to Greene - i thought this guy was going to be really special until the lacklustre fight with miranda.....will be interesting to see how he looks tonight as ive not seen him since but belive he had half his intestine out since though has had a couple of fights

Re: Boxing: Jermain Taylor vs Carl Froch Interesting this. Froch has lost for sure, but Taylor has visibly slowed and the distance he's keeping has narrowed by half a stride so Froch is landing much more easily. Won't be a shut out. 116-112 Taylor.