PL Live Poker Night at Barries - May 23rd - Birmingham

Sir Puntalot

PL Live Poker Night at Barries - May 23rd - Birmingham  

1. 1.

• Poker and Party? Yes please!
    • I'm a big girls blouse and can't make it this time!
    • Errrrm, ummmm, no, yes, no, maybe.......

Ok, I know some people can't make it on that date, but whatever date we have it, that will always be the case for some. :( So, Saturday May 23rd and details will follow shortly. It's likely to be poker first, then party later as it will be Jackie's birthday and also Michaela's. Can people please re-confirm they will definitely be coming by voting in the poll. I'll also put a list up in the first post, just to make sure everyone is counted. I would appreciate quick replies, so we can arrange things. :ok Details We're going to charge £25 per person, but what do you get for that I hear you all ask! :loon Hire of Barries, Staff, Dealers, Entertainment, and all your drinks are free? You're keen now eh?:loon Despite the above, it is still heavily subsidised by PL. Drinks We'll have all the usual Vodka, JD, Beer and mixers, but if someone needs to request anything in particular apart from that, then please let me know ASAP. We buy the drinks and get it delivered to Barrys. Meeting Place before Barries Not sure yet, will sort that soon. Probably around 3pm. Arrive at Barries and Poker Start Time Let's aim to be at Barries for 7pm and start the Poker at 8pm. Buyin and Format £20 Freezeout - Starting stacks to be advised on the night. Party Time Well, as it's 3 people's birthdays, we can't not have a party too! So, we got Karaoke for later on, and I'm sure it will get as messy as usual. Now where did I put that womble?:unsure Definites Paul Ross Big Andy Dave488 Galronix Jackie M (Mrs Galronix) GeordieGaz Mrs GeordieGaz Morlspin Vicky (Mrs Morlspin) Michaela Heniek Kevsul Slapdash Teaulc Ubermonkey +1 WASP Nessy Staffy +1 Tayspoon The Smosh Matt Pocket Lady Valiant BluePennant +1 Fonzie Total: 28 (21 Players & 7 Party People)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Live Poker Night at Barries - May 23rd - Birmingham There is no room at the inn.... Etap is full. However..... http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv2019280/hotel-reservations/1467_britannia-hotel-birmingham.aspx The Britannia right in the centre of Birmingham does have rooms available at £42 per night for a signle room or £47 for a double room. It's my birthday on the 24th May as well - would it be ok to come along and join in the fun? Thanks, Alex

Re: PL Live Poker Night at Barries - May 23rd - Birmingham I've not stayed there, I usually stay at the Copthorne or Radisson, but would like to stay where everyone else is staying :ok Here are a few other prices: Thistle £52 double or £43 single Quality £25 Copthorne £51 Apollo £43 Ramada £60 http://www.hotels.co.uk/ Is the Britannia really bad then? :sad Alex

Re: PL Live Poker Night at Barries - May 23rd - Birmingham

I seem to remember a bad experience last time, but we were there for 3 days last time too. Is one night anywhere that bad, considering how drunk we'll all be? I'm going for Britannia, as it's the cheapest and very very central.
Very very true ;) Cool.... I to have booked myself into the Britannia :ok

Oh god!! Am I going to be the only single person there?:sad Everyone seems to be going with their partners. Oh well, it will still be great fun :ok
There are only three couples and 11 singletons, aren't there? Unless you know some gossip that I don't ... in which case, do please share! :)

There are only three couples and 11 singletons, aren't there? Unless you know some gossip that I don't ... in which case, do please share! :)
I know nothing.... ;) I mean I really do know nothing..... I was obviously reading the list wrong, hahaha.....

I know nothing.... ;) I mean I really do know nothing..... I was obviously reading the list wrong, hahaha.....
How disappointing. :sad I was going to say: technically, I don't think Heniek's bottle of vodka counts as a "partner".

Re: PL Live Poker Night at Barries - May 23rd - Birmingham Have booked into the below hotel on Hagley Road, twin room with breakfast £40 plus free parking, singles are available from £25! Have stopped here before, was ok last time although seem to remember that when we got back from Barry's breakfast was just about to start:eek https://www.activehotels.com/wl/servlet/booking/roomSelect.do?trkref=AHG&hotelid=113344&language=en&stage=PREBOOKING&day=23&month=5&year=2009&nights=1&rooms=1&x=108&y=12