Gaelic Games Betting

Not many replies to these so I'll keep em all in the same thread from now on. First a bet for this Sunday:

Sport Gaelic Sports
Event NFL D4: Clare v Waterford
Selection Waterford
Strength 10/10
Date 08/03/2009
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning Waterford a huge price here. I like to use irish bookies cashmans.ie as a price guide and they go 15/8 Waterford which would also probably tempt me a little so I cant refuse 5/2. Waterford have an enormous win over Kilkenny and an unexpected draw away to Wicklow so far while Clare have lost both games since their opening day victory over Carlow.
And for the 17th March:
Sport Gaelic Sports
Event All Ireland Club Hurling Final
Selection De La Salle +9pts
Strength 10/10
Date 17/03/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning De La Salle being underestimated here by the bookies, probably due to the fact that they were taken to extra time versus Cushendall in the semi, whom they were expected to easily beat. Meanwhile Portumna had a big win versus Ballyhale in the other semi but the scoreline doesnt tell the whole story of the game, when one considers the high number of goals scored.
:beer

Re: Gaelic Games Betting

Sport Gaelic Sports
Event NFL D4: London v Sligo
Selection London +14 (handicap betting)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/03/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Paddy a bit out of line here with the other bookies going 10 or 11 points. London have more than held their own in their 3 games so far and are being underrated here. I tipped London on the handicap v Carlow and they did the business, just going down by 2 goals, more of the same here please!

Re: Gaelic Games Betting http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/gaa_fixtures_footballleague.html Results at above link, yep I am delighted both won, thanks for reply swhit06, good to know someone was on! By the way thats 3 games from 3 where Waterford and London have been underestimated on the handicap (i.e. won the HC bets), but of course I was happier to take 5/2 on a Waterford win today than Waterford +2 @ 10/11 :)

Re: Gaelic Games Betting The weekend is almost upon us which means that it's time for some more Gaelic football bets! In Division 4 this week, it's Clare's turn to rack up a cricket score against Kilkenny. Kilkenny lost by an incredible 42 points at home to Wicklow last week. In fact in all their 4 games so far they have lost by more than the bookies handicap. Paddy Power sets the handicap at 19 points this week, while Stan James go 23 and Ladbrokes go midway at 21 points. I'm happy to take Clare -19 @ 5/6 with Paddy. Also I note that Paddy and Ladbrokes have the handicap tie at a very big 16/1 which is a small bit of value IMO. Bets: Clare -19 @ 5/6 PaddyPower (10 points) Handicap tie (Clare to win by exactly 19) @ 16/1 Paddy Power (0.5 points) Handicap tie (Clare to win by exactly 21) @ 16/1 Ladbrokes (0.5 points)

Re: Gaelic Games Betting I fancy our boys to bounce back with a win in longford. Down at 8/15 Tipp are really going well after Down beat them in the opener, I had them tipped to beat Cavan and they face a poor Oaffaly Another odds on Shot Tipperary 4/7 And finaly Louth to burst the roscomman bubble at 4/7 again. Rossies have been going well but Louths last 2 outings resulted in an unlucky defeat at Newry and a defat last week in Oaffaly (i think, they were beaten though.) They are a good side and must win this to be in the hunt for a day at croker. Very sorry that I haven't been adventurous this week but I simply can't. In summary Down 8/15 Tipperary 4/7 Louth 4/7 Treble

Re: Gaelic Games Betting Tipp are 2-1 to beat Offally , not 4-7, if thats what ya fancy. Took them plus 3 with powers 10-11 think thats the bet. On the Longford front, they are depleted with a few injuries but does anyone know the Down team news. Agree with Louth, think if team news is favourable they will beat the Rossies.

Re: Gaelic Games Betting "On the Longford front, they are depleted with a few injuries but does anyone know the Down team news. Agree with Louth, think if team news is favourable they will beat the Rossies." Longford were poor. Down fielded a young side with 3-4 U21's ahead of the championship on Wednesday, Benny Coulter and Ambrose rodgers didn't travel. Still managed to pull away. Bit of a suprise package from Rossies. Tipp won!

Re: Gaelic Games Betting Hard luck Dee on Crossmaglen :( Looking at next weekend, I staked my ridiculously low max stake with Ladbrokes online on Waterford @ 5/2 at home to Leitrim and was planning to bet more in their shops today, only to see they are now cut to 2/1 :( Some bookies still to release their odds but I cant see anything better than 2/1 being given on Waterford. Having said that, I still think 2/1 represents slight value, despite Waterford's shock loss in London last week. Speaking of London, I'm backing them with a 10 point start @ 10/11 on Boylesports handicap betting versus Antrim on Saturday. If you backed London on the handicap in all 4 games so far you would have won them all and I cant see Antrim beating them by anything like 10 points. As said above, London beat Waterford by a point last weekend (at odds of 7/1 and when the bookies handicap was 7 points!) Stan James have an 8 point handicap on this game with no other bookies handicap odds out yet. Antrim are top of the table with 3 wins and 2 draws and are worthy favourites but I cant see them winning by 10 points.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Gaelic Games Betting Two for me this weekend - Dublin -3 (8-11) and Tipp (8-15) with powers double. Dubs are much better than the 3 point spread and Tipp are prob one of the bestin this league outside Down playing against a poor Longford.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Gaelic Games Betting Jesus christ how did i only spot this thread now!!!! NIce to see a GAA forum, although it only occured to me to look after I had the Preverbial "sure thing" last weeknd. Was at a certain Clare hurlers weddin last weekend and there was a fair few hurlers at it not in the best of condition it must be said :lol. Galway -2 against a hungover clare were EVS and - 5 were 15/8! Needless to say I had a fairly large wager but am dissapointed I hadnt posted. won by 10 or 11 i think. L Lookin forward t workin with you lads in the future! Ya seem to be doin alright as ye are! :nana

Re: Gaelic Games Betting Hurling League finals today A spot of value with bet365 on the Div 1 final - they have Henry Shefflin and Eddie Brennan @ 10/1 each for 1st/last goalscorer. Other bookies rightly go 5/1 or 6/1. My stakes are fairly limited with bet365 so I've placed my (very small) max allowed on each of them for first and last goalscorer, i.e. 4 bets at 10/1 each.

Re: Gaelic Games Betting You won your bet .... Cork were one-point winners of the Cadbury's All-Ireland U21 football final over a gallant Down side at O'Moore Park, Portlaoise on Sunday. Man-of-the-match, Colm O'Driscoll, was the hero for the Rebels as he pounced on a spilled effort by Down 'keeper Gavin Joyce with seconds to go to finish the ball to the net. Cadbury's All-Ireland U21 football final Cork 1-13 Down 2-9

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Gaelic Games Betting I fully expect Tipperary to beat cork this sunday in MSHC. odds of 4/9 are a bit cramped so had a look at the handicap, 10/11 -3, 6/5 - 4. I cant see Cork winning or drawing, Tipperary are easily the second best team in Ireland at the moment. A lot will be expected of Cork from the fans as usual but just don't see it happening. Thing is these games are usually fairly close as we all know. Refs will give the side trailing more free's, more chances and try to keep it close. This is why im thinking Cork +4 at 8/11 is better value than backing tipp outright. No one is gonna make millions of this game but il probably enjoy the game a bit more wit Cork + 4 than backing tipp.

Re: Gaelic Games Betting Sounds all a bit confusing Punty Boy, I reckon Tip will win but not by much, so 4-9 will do for me. I just cant see Cork beating them and u agree so why take a chance with the handicap on Cork. These games are usually tight but as u say your fancy is Tipp and the odds of 8-11 is nowhere near generous enough to back this. Elsewhere I really think Offaly can do a job on Wexford, the word in wexford is this is their worst team in years, couple that with injuries and lack of form. Offaly and Wexford have had some mixed results between themselves lately but the word from the Wexford camp isn't good and that all points to me to an Offaly win. Evs Tyrone and Armagh will be a very tight affair, but the all ireland champions have home advantage and more experience which will probably give them the edge. Just to note Armagh have won 7 out of the last 10 Ulster Titles so by no means is this nap material. No love between these to and both will scrap to the end. For value the 15/2 on the draw is very probable. Just for those who back draws, if you were to back every game in the ulster championship proper u would have made a profit for approximately the last ten years!!!!!!!!! Leitrim and Roscommen, 2 unknown quantities and my recommendation is no bet or if u have to the draw 13/2

Re: Gaelic Games Betting My gut feeling about the Tipperary v Cork game is a win for the Tipp men but where does the value lie ?? :unsure If you look at it, Tipperary have had a great season so far, beaten in extra time by Kilkenny in the National League Final. They want revenge for this so will be primed and gunning for a successful 2009 Championship campaign. On the other hand you have Cork...... torn in turmoil throughout the Winter with the rebel-gate saga, which ended in the Manager resigning. At that time they were 8 weeks behind in Championship training, lacking in real match practice, under a new management team and coming up against against a very good Tipperary side who are playing at home. Tipperary Win -3pts 5/6 betdaq Strength 10/10 ( First Game post on this thread... watch me sink :unsure )