** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wolverhampton 17/2

Spooner

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 3.10 Wolverhampton Catalan Bay would have been a bit of an unknown danger had he not been withdrawn, as he's only had the one start here, and with him out it leaves the puzzle a little easier to solve. Ravi River was well supported on his comeback run at Kempton a few months ago on his first start for Tom Dascombe. He was narrowly beaten but has ran respectably in two runs since. I don't fancy taking him at the price though. Kensington runs solid races when he manages to keep his rider on top but has a poor win rate. Dhaamaan doesn't look to be the same horse that was with Clive Brittain. Mudhist won by a decent margin at Southwell last time out and despite an 8 lb rise could still be well handicapped as he's placed off higher marks in the past. May not be reliable though. Peter's Storm is dropped a couple of pounds but hasn't won in handicap company and may be best watched despite an eyecatching jockey booking. Guildenstern may be outclassed now stepped up two grades from his win double last month. Dudley docker is 6 lbs higher than his last win but has won off his current mark previously. However, he is another unreliable one, so the one I fancy is Cornus. I still think he was lucky when beating Strabinios King, as the stray Kensington made a mess of the race, but he did follow up last time, albeit by a narrow margin last time. A 6 lb penalty means he's 6 lb higher than his last winning mark but he looks to be the best of a bad bunch. he also fits a CD system i'm working on that shows promise.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 3.40 Wolv Sabre Light, Blacktoft and New Star look nailed on for the tricast but its a matter of working out in what order. Sabre Light has been in great form and even when 5th, in the middle of 5 victories, he didn't get a clear run. He hacked up last time and although he concedes weight all around here he looks to be improving and may have a bit more to show. I think Blacktoft is the biggest danger at these weights as he was a CD winner recently. I've followed Sabre Light quite a bit though and will keep faith with him with the yard in good form. 4.10 Wolv High Five Society dipped into a classifed stakes race last time out to grab a win but goes well over CD with all his three wins coming over this trip here. This looks a poor race and although classed as a handicap, it can't be much stronger than the race he's just won.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 4.40 Wolv The race of the the day and many look to have claims. Tamagin is better drawn than last time and is likely to take them along. Dvinsky is badly drawn and probably up against it in this company anyway. Mrs Penny has a little absence to overcome and Orpenindeed would have appealed more had Atzeni been on. His last win came in a claimer and without Atzeni taking off 7 he may struggle to reproduce his excellent effort lto. Flowing Cape looks good, won well last time over 7f here but looks as if he has the pace to be effective over this shorter trip. Finished a neck second to Stimulation during his 2 yo campaign over this distance, so clearly has plenty of ability, and his second to Karl Barg at Doncaster looks a decent bit of form too as the front two were clear of the field. His last run came returning from a lengthy break so it was an impressive performance and even under a 6 lb penalty, you get the impression that he has something about him. Nightjar is the danger but I have it at the back of my mind that he would be happier on fibresand. he also has a rise in the weights to deal with so Flowing Cape is the one for me.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 5.40 Wolv I agree with Spooner here and think Comeintothespace is the one to be on. I backed this at 14's last time, he drifted out to 20's and I thought I'd done my money, but he stayed on strongly inside the final furlong after turning for home quite wide and I was happy with the run. My reasoning for the bet last time was that he may do a 'Confidentiality' now back with an old trainer with which his best form has come, and he had a decent AW record with Rodney Farrant before. In a race severely lacking quality I think he is worth chancing as he is entitled to come on for that recent pipeopener and looks to be in decent heart.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 Grrrrrrrrrr.............. I was looking for a change of scenery last night and thought I'd have a crack at the Classified Stakes, first race on the card..........on the basis that most of them would be so rubbish they'd never win in a month of Sundays........ Found a cracking EW punt on Young Ivanhoe at 25/1 in the Sporting Life Tissue.......... Look this morning, latest odds - 7/2 favourite..........what happened to 25/1 ?...........:loon...........the Life tissue is useless............:wall

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2

Grrrrrrrrrr.............. I was looking for a change of scenery last night and thought I'd have a crack at the Classified Stakes, first race on the card..........on the basis that most of them would be so rubbish they'd never win in a month of Sundays........ Found a cracking EW punt on Young Ivanhoe at 25/1 in the Sporting Life Tissue.......... Look this morning, latest odds - 7/2 favourite..........what happened to 25/1 ?...........:loon...........the Life tissue is useless............:wall
Don't know about 25/1 but ATR report it as a market mover, 7/1 - 7/2.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 ACE CLUB 2.10 Wolverhampton. 0.5 points each way. Needs to find a shade on the best form of this race, but no horse is guaranteed to run its race and so with us open to improving a little on last time and with no course and distnce concerns, we do look a very tempting bet at around 40s on the exchanges.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 MANY WELCOMES 2.40 Wolverhampton. Having his first run of the season, but has gone well fresh in the past and does have the form and ability to go well in context with this race. The surface and trip wouldn't be a worry and is allowed to race off a suitable mark of 49 and so at around 14/1 looks a fair bet, irrespective of the end result. 0.5 poits each way.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 16:40 - Tamagin There seems to be a bit of a gamble on this horse today, he was well backed LTO at Kempton when beating a length by Capricorn Run....as Fintron says he is likely to lead and he may just not be pegged back today, 6f is his trip...Spencer takes the ride. 4/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 2:10 Really like the look of 3 horses here, Frazier, All you Need and Mr Loire. Frazier - Improving horse, ran a very good race LTO at Wolvs over 7f coming 3rd. Says the same weight despite that race and in that race he was held up badly, a better run from the jockey may see this one going close. All you Need - Form is nothing to shout about, however may relish the drop down in trip. Trainer is magnificent form though, with out of 20 horses in the last few weeks they have pretty much all come top 4!!! Hayley is also booked, this one will go close at a good price. My choiec though is Mr Loire - Improving horse and came 5th LTO (2nd before that) in a very competitive race against the likes of stonecrabstomorrow and Hart of Gold. Wingrove is in form and the jockey is in fantastic form with 2 good winners yesterday. Mr Loire E/W 7/1 The others will go close as well.

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 2:40 Tag Team - Right, this may seem like a very odd choice considering it's a massive 33/1 however. This is not a very competitive race, all horses have their weaknesses. Tag Team's form at Wolverhampton is nothing short of exceptional with constant top 3 placings in its time. The horse must hate Southwell and the trainer has now booked with Wolverhampton to try and rekindle some of its old form. Harris isn't in awful form with some good top 3's in the last 30 days and Catlin's on board which may see this one go close. At 33/1 we shall see if he can see if the 8 year old can get some Wolverhampton form back! Tag Team E/W 33/1! P.s I'm not actually betting today - I'm a student type and only work part time in Tesco and am going to watch Wrexham at Burton tonight so :( So if it comes in you owe me a pint :P haha

MANY WELCOMES 2.40 Wolverhampton. Having his first run of the season, but has gone well fresh in the past and does have the form and ability to go well in context with this race. The surface and trip wouldn't be a worry and is allowed to race off a suitable mark of 49 and so at around 14/1 looks a fair bet, irrespective of the end result. 0.5 poits each way.
Great shout Falbrav, and Rizl too...:clap

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 My PC keeps ******* freezing so I can't give justification at the moment sorry 15:40 New Star E/W - Will go very close. Top 3 could be; New Star Blacktoft Sabre Light Blacktoft New Star Sabre Light Sorry will try and do some justification in a bit if my pc dont play up! Edit: New Star is a CD winner, and is an improving horse. Came 1st LTO on this very course and distance in a competitive race and his weight is still the same. Blacktoft will give it very tough comp so have gone for E/W

Re: Wolverhampton 17/2 4:10 Three horses I like here Desert Hawk, Turkish Sultan and Spy Gun. I think Desert Hawk will take this with relative ease at 3/1 - drops down to one of its favourite trip's. Came a decent 2nd LTO where it was badly held up. Stays the same weight and both trainer and jockey are in form. Think it will beat Komreyv Star (sp) quite well as it came 2nd to a poor horse LTO and apart from that does not have much form. Turkish Sultan came a decent 5th in a class 3 competitive race LTO. It was near the rear and did well to come a decent position. Quite likes the CD and may come 3rd. Now, Spy Gun is a huge 100/1, but I think it may come top 3 lol. LTO it came 10th but raced keenly and was unlucky. Trainer may have got it into some sort of regime to not tail off as it pressed the leader LTO but couldn't hack it. It was a decent race with High Five Society who came 1st (don't think it has a chance due to factors). For 100/1 it's worth it to see if it can come into a bit of form as it came a decent 2nd a few weeks ago at this very course and distance in a decent race. It will set the pace and if it can hold on for 100/1 it's worth apunt !

We have chosen the 4:10 at Wolverhampton today. It's the only race that qualifies according to the successful system we use. We had a winner there yesterday so we are hoping for the same today. [url=http://www.horsegambling.org]
We post our selections here mate :ok Using links to external sites may be seen as spam and will almost certainly be removed :ok

4.40 Wolv The race of the the day and many look to have claims. Tamagin is better drawn than last time and is likely to take them along. Dvinsky is badly drawn and probably up against it in this company anyway. Mrs Penny has a little absence to overcome and Orpenindeed would have appealed more had Atzeni been on. His last win came in a claimer and without Atzeni taking off 7 he may struggle to reproduce his excellent effort lto. Flowing Cape looks good, won well last time over 7f here but looks as if he has the pace to be effective over this shorter trip. Finished a neck second to Stimulation during his 2 yo campaign over this distance, so clearly has plenty of ability, and his second to Karl Barg at Doncaster looks a decent bit of form too as the front two were clear of the field. His last run came returning from a lengthy break so it was an impressive performance and even under a 6 lb penalty, you get the impression that he has something about him. Nightjar is the danger but I have it at the back of my mind that he would be happier on fibresand. he also has a rise in the weights to deal with so Flowing Cape is the one for me.
:clap:ok