6 Nations Rugby

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Scotland v Italy Hadden on the line here. The Evans brothers could win it for Scotland but I think there will be errors to points on both sides. 11 pts over 38.5 total points @ 10/11 1 pt DRAW @ 28-1 Ireland v England Ireland beat France, France beat Wales, Wales beat England. It looks straightfoward for Ireland at Croke Park. If England can clamp down on the penalty count (and yellows), this could be close. Ireland to hold on, by 2. 11 points England + 9 @ 10/11

Re: 6 Nations Rugby

Ireland v England Ireland beat France, France beat Wales, Wales beat England. It looks straightfoward for Ireland at Croke Park. If England can clamp down on the penalty count (and yellows), this could be close. Ireland to hold on, by 2. 11 points England + 9 @ 10/11
:clap Nice one Pie-chucker, unfortunately I was working right up until kick off and couldn't post any thoughts but I thought this handicap was too generous as well. One thing I will say is watch Ireland take care of Scotland & easily in the next game. Do not be tricked by Scotland's performance against the Italians! Scotland have a great ability to look good against poor teams but when they come up against other teams in the top 10 their weakness's are exposed again. I am still not convinced about Hadden's approach to this Scotland team, an example of this was when Patterson kicked a penalty when Scotland had already won the game. Some people will argue that this is an on the field decision but ultimately what is the coach's philosophy that makes a player go for this with the game already won!

IRB updated rankings:

PositionTeamPoints
5Wales81.47
6Ireland81.18
7France80.14
8England79.68
9Scotland76.19
11Italy72.56
Based on the rating points, in the next round of matches Italy should lose to Wales by 13 points, Scotland should lose to Ireland by 4 points whilst England should beat France by 6 points. These equate to odds of: Italy - 5.0 Wales - 1.18 Draw - 50.0 Scotland - 2.25 Ireland - 1.57 Draw - 50.0 England - 1.50 France - 2.50 Draw - 50.0 Again will review bookie odds a bit closer to the games to see if any potential value bets available

Re: 6 Nations Rugby England no card @1,91 Ladbrokes for me. England with a lack of discipline- in the last 4 games were 10 players sin-binned. The cosequence is practising with a top-referee and video-studies of all penalty-kicks. I think that will be effectiveley, on the other hand the French Coach promises "not to provoke" in Twickenham, he suspects media-pressure on the referees. Only small stakes.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby In view of the team selections on both sides I'll be backing the French 1.91 Boylesports. Jauzion & Basteraud will make life hard for the english centres, Thion brings muscle & dirty tricks as big as himself, & thats big. Chabal will last 50 & they'll bring on Bonnaire to finish the job. The French backs are far superior to the english, Medard in particular. Parra has kept his jersey with universal support from his pack, not that Tillous-Borde is suddenly useless, Morgan just brings an amazing amount of energy for such a young man. (Think of a young Cussiter/Peel/Stringer.......small, big mouth and a right pain in the arse for the opp. side :lol) Can't understand why Kennedy has been dropped, he's the only one who could cause problems for the frog lineout. Lot of good players on the "rosbif" side but not yet a team imo. I'm sure MJ will want a lower penalty count but you can count on the french to help start a lot of "handbags", the english will jump into the "piege" as they often do. All told it will likely be a dour affair with the odd spark of "french flair" to get over the line & take the spoils. Italy V Wales; Wales to win but you'd want a big bank to get any returns:\. Ireland will beat Scotland in a match that will be extremly nervous for at least the 1st half. The changes they have made make their team neither weaker nor stronger overall. The Evans brothers will give it a go and Patterson will rack up whatever he can but this Irish team is too experienced, & since Kidney took over, too patient/unflappable to get worked up and make mistakes. If they can run in 5 tries they will, if they have to settle for 0-3 they will. Nobody remembers scoreboards, they'll take the win :ok.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Italy have looked dreadul this term and if Wales are to have any hope of winning the Championship they have to knock up a bit score. With 10 changes though I'm not even confident of them beating the -17 handicap.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Well, SteveO, I disagree. Scotland beat Italy by 20 points last time out and I think Wales will do them by 30 in the sun in Rome. Changes, yes, but this is a very potent Welsh back line and the bench is very strong. If line out possession works, it'll be all one way. With flair. 22pts Wales -7 first half @ 10/11 2pts BUY Wales/Italy shirts @ 32

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Scotland v Ireland Not a game to go big on; a handicap of 6 seems about right. Can't see Ireland falling at the second last here. 11pts Ireland win @ 4/11 2 pts Tommy Bowe scores first try & Ireland win by 6-10 @ 45-1 2 pts BoD scores first try @ Ireland win by 6-10 @ 50-1 Scorecasts are Bet365

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Don't normally have a spread bet, but agree with Pie-chucker here that Wales will rack up a few trys. Wales have pace and power in abundance in the backs and impact players on the bench. They need a big score to keep championship hopes alive. Italy have looked poor this season and I think will really struggle to keep Wales out. Bet for me is: £2 BUY Shirt Supremacy - Wales/Italy @ 32

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Italy v Wales All the changes for the Welsh means we are looking at a team of triallists! I think Gatland is looking at these players to see if they are of the required standard and also with an eye on next weekends game against the Irish and resting his main men. Taking these things into account Wales must beat the -16 handicap or it will be viewed as a loss, bearing in mind the trouble Nick Mallet is currently suffering (if the press is anything to believe!) Only two bets for me: Wales points difference 16-20 6/1 P.Power & Alternative points difference 21-30 3/1 P.Power.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Scotland v Ireland Ireland for me and as I said previously this should be easier than people expect. Murrayfield will be the only factor that will keep things close and if O'Gara performs as we all know he should (and not like he did against the English!) then Ireland will ease closer to the Grand Slam. A handicap of +7 shouldn't be too much of a hinderence to the Irish I would hope to see them win by 10 to prove their current class. The Scots do have hope & pace in the shape of the Evans brothers but Irelands defence should cope with this threat and Irelands overall game should be too strong for the willing but outmatched Scots. Ireland to win by 6-10 9/2 & 11-15 6/1 Both P.Power.

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Italy v Wales Wales strength in depth exposed again, I think Mr Gatland will be slighty concerned that some so called big names did very little against the Italians. I will be surprised if Mr Henson will require his beach wear for South Africa come June, along with a couple of others!

Re: 6 Nations Rugby France Vs England - Over 38.5pts @ 5/6 Dont want to pick the winner, conditions should be ideal for running rugby today, France only know how to attack, both teams have beefed their packs up, perhaps leaving more room in midfield, even if their isn't alot of attacking rugby, both sides struggle with dicipline and give plenty of penalties away, which should keep the score board ticking over.

IRB updated rankings:

PositionTeamPoints
4Ireland81.98
5Wales81.88
7England80.80
8France79.02
9Scotland75.39
12Italy72.15
Based on the rating points, in the next round of matches Italy should lose to France by 8 points, England should beat Scotland by 18 points whilst Wales should beat Ireland by 6 points. These equate to odds of: Italy - 3.25 France - 1.33 Draw - 50.0 England - 1.08 Scotland - 8.0 Draw - 50.0 Wales - 1.50 Ireland - 2.50 Draw - 50.0 Will review bookie odds a bit closer to the games to see if any potential value bets available

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Think England will win by 15-18, but the best way into this on a sunny afternoon may be to go at total points. Last 2 games between these two at Twickenham have yielded 62 & 65 points, the 2 before that 49 & 46. All four would have been in profit on the spread call today of 42-45. Hope England precision holds up and chances become 7 points. 2.5pts BUY total points @ 45 Wales will try to put pace and width into their game while Ireland will concentrate on territory and possession - and attack the Wales line out. Cracking contest, one hopes, to end a very mixed, mostly fairly ordinary 6N. Tight, but Wales to shade it... which is what the bookies and 80% (apparently) of punters think. Match-ups for Lions starting places should be interesting, particularly at full-back. I'll take Wales to go over in the first half. 2pts SELL time of first Wales try @ 37 minutes