** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Jan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th

I want to believe he can do it!! :lol I guess I am just looking for 'reasons' not to (whisper it) expect!!! So then the disappointment won't be there...
Reasons Murray won't win the Australian Open: 1. He's never won a slam. 2. Mmm, I'll get back to you:unsure:unsure

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th first of all, i would like to thank all nice people here they contribute, especially the "old" guys like mr intensity and radved... secondly about coming grand slam, and murray's probabilities, guys my opinion is that for first time since centuriies LOL, ok decates, there isnt any concrete rock solid favourite...EVERYTHING IS OPEN thats my idea, see you tomorrow with a Doha semi final pick :ok cheers;)

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th REZAI +5.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. I thought about taking Rezai straight up but I'll take the cap instead. Rezai clearly likes playing here having reached the final last year and playing good start here. I've watched a coupel of her matches and she's been impressive. Dementieva started her first match poorly but since then has been very clinical. H2H is 2-0 to Dementieva but all of the sets have been close. SODERLING @ 1.57 Will Hill. Just about a good enough price to back. Soderling has been pretty clinical so far and should have the beating of Stepanek on this surface. H2H is 4-1 with Stepaneks only win coming on clay. GASQUET @ 2.30 Sportinbet. Looks a real close one but I'll take Gasquet at this price. Fresh season and it's time for the enigmatic Frenchman to get back on track. Tsonga had a crazy win over Nieminen in the last round and I just fancy Gasquet here.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th

REZAI +5.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. I thought about taking Rezai straight up but I'll take the cap instead. Rezai clearly likes playing here having reached the final last year and playing good start here. I've watched a coupel of her matches and she's been impressive. Dementieva started her first match poorly but since then has been very clinical. H2H is 2-0 to Dementieva but all of the sets have been close. SODERLING @ 1.57 Will Hill. Just about a good enough price to back. Soderling has been pretty clinical so far and should have the beating of Stepanek on this surface. H2H is 4-1 with Stepaneks only win coming on clay. GASQUET @ 2.30 Sportinbet. Looks a real close one but I'll take Gasquet at this price. Fresh season and it's time for the enigmatic Frenchman to get back on track. Tsonga had a crazy win over Nieminen in the last round and I just fancy Gasquet here.
I wouldn't bet on Gasquet. Of course he's in form, but Tsonga 1.66 is confident after his turnaround 0-6,7-6,7-6 against Nieminen, also we all know Gasquet can't make the step up a few years and when he's getting a harder opponenet, no matter how beautiful his backhand is. Serve and powerful grounstrokes that's Tsonga advantage. J.Tipsarevic 2.37 Cilic is the guy with big serve, but Tipsarevic is rested has no injury problems and he likes playing against opponenets with big serve like Roddick for example and at baseline he's far better than his opponent. I always has been pessimistic about Cilic, he's making too many errors. P.S. Pity for Stakhovsky, but he's a very talented guy.

first of all, i would like to thank all nice people here they contribute, especially the "old" guys like mr intensity and radved... secondly about coming grand slam, and murray's probabilities, guys my opinion is that for first time since centuriies LOL, ok decates, there isnt any concrete rock solid favourite...EVERYTHING IS OPEN thats my idea, see you tomorrow with a Doha semi final pick :ok cheers;)
Waiting for Murray-Monfils final to be honest. Looking forward to the prices, but Federer showed much inconsistency against Kolhschreiber and Murray showed champions class against Stakhovsky, not playing outstandingly, but making his job. Monfils should beat Roddick. :clap

NADAL -4.5 6 points @ 1.91 - Boyle Sports:( NADAL 2-0 & MURRAY 2-0 10 points @ 1.68 Boyle Sports:( CIPOLLA 2 points @ 2.1 :(
No good guys, i got it all wrong today.Stake - 18 pt Return - 0 pts P/L = + 18 pts This Week Staked - 38 pts Returned - 40.36 pts P/L = +2.36 pts W/L = 5/3

first of all' date=' i would like to thank all nice people here they contribute, especially the "old" guys like mr intensity and radved...[/quote'] Yeah me too. Belated happy new year everyone. :ok I took Bartoli @ 2.25 on PP and it's been snipped to 2.1 during the day. The prices are the wrong way round imo. Bartoli isn't seeded higher for nothing. Mauresmo was poor against Dokic (177) and Coin (95) while Ivanovic simply gifted her the last match with another well below par performance. Bartoli has had very little difficulty so far and appears to have lost some weight over the break which indicates hard work and a good fitness level. Mauresmo leads the H2H 4-0 but they're all from when she was at her best.

Yeah me too. Belated happy new year everyone. :ok I took Bartoli @ 2.25 on PP and it's been snipped to 2.1 during the day. The prices are the wrong way round imo. Bartoli isn't seeded higher for nothing. Mauresmo was poor against Dokic (177) and Coin (95) while Ivanovic simply gifted her the last match with another well below par performance. Bartoli has had very little difficulty so far and appears to have lost some weight over the break which indicates hard work and a good fitness level. Mauresmo leads the H2H 4-0 but they're all from when she was at her best.
It's a pity you are unlucky, because Moresmo retired. Bartoli showed very good groundtrokes today simply it was one-sided. I'm very angry because of this retirement cause I bet too. :@

It's a pity you are unlucky' date=' because Moresmo retired. Bartoli showed very good groundtrokes today simply it was one-sided. I'm very angry because of this retirement cause I bet too. :@[/quote'] Yeah, I can't blame Mauresmo for retiring but it would've been a heck of a beating. Bartoli hit some superb winners and her defence was excellent. She seems to have worked on her serve too. I like Azarenka a lot but Bartoli could be a decent value pick there.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Dear me some crazy results this week:sad MONFILS @ 1.80 Stan James. Willing to oppose Roddick again. Monfils was immense yesterday against Nadal and anything close to that will take care of Roddick. The problem is, will he perform the day after a huge performance? I'm willing to bet he will. He's a great showman, should get the crowd on his side and I think he'll play well again. H2H is 3-2 to Monfils, 2 of his wins were on clay but he also won indoors last year in Madrid.

Dear me some crazy results this week:sad MONFILS @ 1.80 Stan James. Willing to oppose Roddick again. Monfils was immense yesterday against Nadal and anything close to that will take care of Roddick. The problem is, will he perform the day after a huge performance? I'm willing to bet he will. He's a great showman, should get the crowd on his side and I think he'll play well again. H2H is 3-2 to Monfils, 2 of his wins were on clay but he also won indoors last year in Madrid.
Agree with you here, Monfils first is totally different player this year, second Roddick shouldn't be very hard for him. Mathieu 2.00 Really like frenchmans this week: Tsonga, Monfils, Mathieu show very good game. Verdasco is an impulsive guy and surely Mathieu will stick in long baseline rallies. Paul-Henry is an intelligent player and have much better serve than his opponent. H2H is convincing 4-0 for Verdasco, but it was 2 years ago and all matches were very, very close. A.Murray 1.83 Many people will be afraid to bet again on Murray when he's playing against Federer. As I said before Roger was very inconsistent yesterday, not convincing at all. Murray on the other side. Federer now looks error prone and Murray will dissasemble him. Federer won't handle again the expectations. Interesting fact is that Murray won last 3 matches against Swiss, losing in the first set, that tells a lot about his capability.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Doha semi finals Monfils @1.75 betfair to beat Roddick Federer @1.90 betfair to beat Murray yesterday i dared to back hanescu against roddick, proved to be bad choice of course, but today is different story Gael is here, a man to upset everybody, a title candidate for the aussie open, why not? who is better than him? none in my eyes, Gael may will rated at the end of season as the most improved player, at least he looks like that, impressive development of his upper muscle system, and excellent moves to net, an advanced tsonga style i should say, nothing to afraid from predictable andy roddick, a rising star here, against a fallen one Federer looks great, despite what other members of forum claiming i enjoyed him yesterday against kohli...and the german is no mug, he was really really good in some stages of the match Federer, is the tennis computer of the past in my opinion, with great variety of shots, and intelligent game, i expect an emphatic win over murray, someting like us open final.. i go large stakes on monfils, and then normal on federer, to have a friday afternoon party:rollin good luck boys :dude

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th both ideas lost :cry hehe, anyway, guys is impossible to catch tennis, is a kinda snake sport, all time escape from your hand, you think that you catch it, but....new metamorphosis arrive hehe...snake sport indeed :dude i think most people will think after today;s murray victory "hey, i cathed it, murray gonna win the AO open" hehe, what an illusion! anyway, federer confirmed today, what we were talking here since last season, he is no longer guarantee player against anybody..he is in the middle of the end, the "way out" door is shouting to him, personally i v fed up seeing him and that ridiculus girl friend, i can not imagine somebody famous and rich to sleep EVERY DAY with that woman! :wall hehehe, allow me to joke little bit guys! monfils also was pure disaster, but snake is snake LOL I MEAN TENNIS is tennis, impossible to catch it as for my dear murray he confirms day by day, match by match, that he is fighting like the king Richard the Lionheart, he is shouting to everybody : "Cmon guys, i am here, come to beat me":lol to back murray to win the aussie open, is wonderfull idea, but will gonna talk again soon about that :clap

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Brisbane semifinal Gasquet @1.65 to beat Stepanek i am kinda out of form, but is the begining of the season, here i am little bit insider, i know a lot of things about the french guy i mean, well he is an academy fellow to baghdatis, not only that, they were training together in last fifteen days at brisbane, and baghdatis said how much he admires him, with his exceptional and high level tennis, i trust baggy about his estimations therefore i suggest Guasquet to win with confidence Stepanek is ex player in my opinion, at the age of 30, cmon guys, seriously speaking, there are hundred players better than him, no matter if he is highly ranked at the moment go go richard!:ok

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th MATHIEU @ 2.10 Will Hill. Mathieu looks like he’s brought the good stuff this week and I’m willing to back him as a dog here. H2H is 4-0 to Verdasco but they’ve all been really close. I remember the one in Australia the scoreline was close but Mathieu was dominating the game and was looking like taking it in straight sets before turning his ankle. Verdasco has looked OK this week but I just slightly prefer Mathieu here. GASQUET @ 1.625 Pinnacle. Impressed with Gasquet against Tsonga and making that comeback should give him plenty of confidence. I really like him in this matchup and he should be able to control the rallies and pass Stepanek consistently. Stepanek did well to make a comeback against Soderling but I really don’t fancy him for this.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Qatar Final Roddick is to big for this match at 4.30 for me,Murray is on fire and this may be his year in ATP but Roddick is not as bad as 4.00s in a final ,my inner self says Murray after watching the 2 play but the odds on Murray are poor for me but others might see it diff and good luck to them as each to his/hers own. Back Roddick 1pt 4.30 Betfair

Qatar Final Roddick is to big for this match at 4.30 for me,Murray is on fire and this may be his year in ATP but Roddick is not as bad as 4.00s in a final ,my inner self says Murray after watching the 2 play but the odds on Murray are poor for me but others might see it diff and good luck to them as each to his/hers own. Back Roddick 1pt 4.30 Betfair
Total instability of the results. Beginning of the season, don't rush with big bets. AndrewMurray I agree tennis it's a snake sport, but he's still the best for betting. Simply we should watch more matches, in order to understand it better. Agree with you zero, because Roddick is better that 2-3 months ago. He's more patient, comes into the net, big forehand, a little reminds me 2003 year when he was the best. It will depend from baseline rallies and the price i think it's too big. Their last meeting 6-4,1-6,6-1 in Shanghai was pretty close, in patches Roddick outplayed Murray.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Murray struggling...

Murray struggling to make final
_45362823_injury_getty_226.jpg Murray needed treament in his win over Federer
Defending champion Andy Murray is struggling to be fit for Saturday's Qatar Open final against Andy Roddick at 1530 GMT because of a back injury. The British number one needed treatment in the final set on his way to beating Roger Federer in Friday's semi-final. And after first noticing the problem at last week's warm-up event in Abu Dhabi, the Scot is not prepared to take a risk just a week before the Australian Open. "If my back is going to be like this I won't play on Saturday," he said.
o.gif 606: DEBATE It's almost as if Murray is a better version of Federer himself Chazfazzer01
"It was getting stiff as the match progressed. My back has been giving me some problems ever since Abu Dhabi. "I don't know whether it has something to do with the nature of the court, rather than the weather."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7821469.stm

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Interesting news on Murray and I see the odds have shortened already. In the event he plays and feels sore, I've specced a couple of first set scores, seeing as if he does actually play and feel bad, he'll just retire and thus bets would be voided (unless you took tournament winner option on Betfair). **Did they make any sense, it sounded pretty bad when I typed that** Anyway; Roddick wins first set 6-0 @ 201 Centrebet Roddick wins first set 6-1 @ 67 Sportsbet

Yeah' date=' Murray was wincing with pain when serving yesterday, in case a set isn't completed I'll have a wee stab at his serve to be broken first, 2.75 on boylesports.[/quote'] That was a bit silly really. :spank

Re: r: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-1 Channai final_Cilic v. Devvarman_pick Devvarman @3.65

Somdev Devvarman is a two time NCAA singles champion(that don't has to mean anything),turned pro in Juli 2008 and is currently ranked 204. At the end of the last season i've noticed a couple of brilliant performances by this 23years old Indian_surprising win over Almagro on clay in three sets,final match in Nashville(wins over players like Warburg,Levine,Reynolds before that final). Theres a lot of improvement in his play and it seems that he is in preety good phisical shape.His main target this season is entering in Top 100 ATP players,what will be very hard,indeed.Now he has great chance to start accomplishing that target in his first match this year in Chennai(India),on home ground,what is good advantage for him,i think!
Has anybody notice Devvarman this week in Chennai..:unsure I have followed (betting on) this guy,in the first three rounds.I've posted my first Devvarman pick (Kim 6:3 6:3) here,after that backed him two times what brings me unexpected profit:D,sorry for not posting,but just don't want to post some'imposible'bets.. With the reasoning from up above i was looking for a value in his matches,victores over Moya(4:6 7:5 6:4) and Karlovic(7:6 6:4)! ..Cilic is class better hard court player,but i'm convinced that bookies have set wrong odds on this one,we could easily see an upset here:hope.I'm on home boy once again,already:tongue2in the final!

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Agree Repunt i had Devvarman twice last week see my Gloryhunt thread Tennis Backs&Lays ,odds were 3.85 and 3.75 Betfair both came in for a good return,he is a good player its home crowd good luck with your bet but iam keeping my powder dry until Mondays matches.:ok