** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Jan

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th

Did anyone have something more on tennis? I'd like to see some pick I can place a bet on. Maybe I'll wait for Nishikoris next match, place a bet on him depending on who he face.
I like Rezai in Auckland and might do something there. She's 2.00 on boylesports, 1.8 elsewhere. Gallovits was quite poor for most of last year, but got a surprising win over Garrigues. Rezai was beaten in the final at this tourney last year after getting past some decent opposition so she's my lean.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th

I like Rezai in Auckland and might do something there. She's 2.00 on boylesports' date=' 1.8 elsewhere. Gallovits was quite poor for most of last year, but got a surprising win over Garrigues. Rezai was beaten in the final at this tourney last year after getting past some decent opposition so she's my lean.[/quote'] I'll agree with that although not sure if I'll put it up as a selection. I watched all of her first round match against Danillidou and despite being tight I thought she was hitting well.

I'll agree with that although not sure if I'll put it up as a selection. I watched all of her first round match against Danillidou and despite being tight I thought she was hitting well.
It's probably best avoided. There'll be plenty of clearer opportunities. Verdasco, Hanescu and Nishikori were terrific picks cheers.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Mathieu v Nishikori This one is hard. Can Nishi beat Mathieu? The all french meeting Devilder v Mathieu did'nt say mutch. Devilder lost in three so Nishi might have some to say to Mathieu also? Maybe a win for Nishi is possible again. Now bet365 have Nishi as smaller underdog of 2.25.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th GOVORTSOVA @ 2.10 Blue Sq. Errari had a 3 hour 30 min battle with Pironkova yesterday, which is probably the longest match she’s ever played. It involved 18 breaks of serve and it’s going to be really tough to recover from that. Govortsova has had a couple of good wins over Schiavone and Karatantcheva and should at least be favourite for this. NISHIKORI @ 2.25 Will Hill. Nish got a big win for me over Berdych and I’m going to follow him here. He was hitting extremely well and should be able to dominate a lot of rallies with Mathieu. Mathieu got a nice win over Gulbis but it would appear he had a let down after a big win over Djokovic.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Brisbane winner: Robin Soderling 5.00 The favorite to win is Jo Wilfried Tsonga but since Soderling won his first atp in several years in france beating two french players in semi and final a few months ago I think Soderling have a good chance to win this If he does meet Tsonga in the final. If Tsonga is out Soderling have a bigger chance on winning.

I've taken all I had on my account on Roddick now so I hope he beats Clement but Roddick on Doha surface is a banker. 1.11 Roddick on his favorite surface hard court. I'll watch it on bet365 livestream.
Roddick had the toughest match of all the big guns today in Doha. Clement gave him a battle in second set but Roddicks big serve finished the game. Considering Nadal and Fed-ex was 1.001 favorites the price on Roddick 1.11 was good.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th HANESCU @ 5.93 Pinnacle. Roddick was crap against Davy last week and was crap again against Clement. He just doesn't look very good at the moment and this is going to be really tough. Hanescu has found his game again, and has a solid of very decent wins this week over Troicki and Youzhny. I think this is well worth a shot.

Seppi +6.5 2 points @ 1.83 - Stan james
Federer def. Seppi 6-3 6-3 Handicap 12 - 12.5 ;) Stake - 2 pt Return - 3.66 pts P/L = + 1.66 pts This Week Staked - 20 pts Returned - 40.36 pts P/L = +20.36 pts W/L = 5/0

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th NADAL -4.5 6 points @ 1.91 - Boyle Sports NADAL 2-0 & MURRAY 2-0 10 points @ 1.68 Boyle Sports CIPOLLA 2 points @ 2.1 I fancy Kohlschreiber to put up a good showing against Fed and Hanescu to spring a possible surprise on Roddick but no bets on them for now. Keep up the picks Mr I!

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Verdasco really showed skill against Serra, he started slow and lost first set but no problems after. He looked strong. As before I watched it on bet365 livestream. In Brisbane so far Verdasco and Soderling are the ones I belive is going to meet in the final. We'll see about Tsonga how good he is to.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Agree with all about Hanescu 4.5 an outstanding price, because Hanescu is in form and Roddick is not a very good player at the moment. Andy has beaten opponents like Navarro or Clement, who let's be serious are not big stuff. Victor has a chance if he serves well he can get the chance to break, he looks very solid this year. 2-0 H2H, but those matches were long time ago, when american was top 5 player. Nishikori of course had a good win, but Mathieu is very tuff guy. The reason of his win against high-flying Gulbis lies not only in Gulbis mistakes and inconsistency, but in Mathieu too. He had a outstanding serve, moved extremely well and was solid at baseline rallies. Soderling 1.5 Soda is in form and Stepanek is not the type of players he can lose from. Radek has 5 % chance to break Soderling's big serve, and his outing at the net will be punished. Stepanek is too slow. H2H is 4-1 for sweden so this looks to be one-sided.;)

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th i follow you guys on hanescu, price is @4.8 at betfair, i will back him with intention to trade if he takes the lead, or just wait the final result thnx for your info both mr intensity and radevd, personally i didnt watch any from this tournament, but i start today :ok hope to have party all of us ,,,lets see ..:dude

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th RAFAEL NADAL-GAEL MONFLIS Pick: under 19.5 Result: Pending Stake: 7/10 Odds: 2.05 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Well, if the end of the last season wasn't very good for Nadal because of his well known problems then this new start seems to be much different as he is playing his tennis without any problem, already played two games and in both he purely destroyed his opponents. Now he will play against Gael Monfils and surely won't be so easy but it's really hard to see how could create difficultys Monfils when Rafa is playing on of his best tennis. Now Rafa is fit and ok and he looks on fire, no doubts that Monfils is a great player too, but he won't have many chances against a player who is playing his best. More than that, Monfils didn't looked very well in his last game with his countryman Nicolas Devilder, many downs and the fact that he spend long time on the court will count too. We all know how fresh is Nadal, more than that right now after the pause between seasons. All in all, Monfils didn't looked too stable recently while Nadal is purely on fire, I just think that we will see another clear victory in straight sets. http://www.profitipi.bloger.hr/

RAFAEL NADAL-GAEL MONFLIS Pick: under 19.5 Result: Pending Stake: 7/10 Odds: 2.05 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Well, if the end of the last season wasn't very good for Nadal because of his well known problems then this new start seems to be much different as he is playing his tennis without any problem, already played two games and in both he purely destroyed his opponents. Now he will play against Gael Monfils and surely won't be so easy but it's really hard to see how could create difficultys Monfils when Rafa is playing on of his best tennis. Now Rafa is fit and ok and he looks on fire, no doubts that Monfils is a great player too, but he won't have many chances against a player who is playing his best. More than that, Monfils didn't looked very well in his last game with his countryman Nicolas Devilder, many downs and the fact that he spend long time on the court will count too. We all know how fresh is Nadal, more than that right now after the pause between seasons. All in all, Monfils didn't looked too stable recently while Nadal is purely on fire, I just think that we will see another clear victory in straight sets. http://www.profitipi.bloger.hr/
Good bet I agree, H2H is 3-0 for Rafa and all games with identic 6-3,6-2 score, but I won't hurry, because surely Monfils will have chances on Nadal serve, his weak serve that's my concern. Good luck, i'll wai for bets in-play. P.S. Sorry for Hanescu, he has just not served well at all today and I saw different Roddick. Andy start playing like Simon not rushing things up. It's his new style definetely.

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th Does Monfils' 6-4 6-4 won against Rafa diminish what we thought about Murray's achievements last week any? I must confess to getting a bit carried away with it all and thinking Murray must have a live chance in Oz, but now.... has he really only beaten Fed and Rafa because they weren't 'up for it' totally?

Re: ATP Brisbane/Chennai/Doha & WTA Auckland/Brisbane/Hong Kong & Hopman Cup 5th-11th i like to see traffick here ;) well, thnx to british eurosport, i watched both nadal and federer matches my comments are : Monfils looks different, he worked too hard most probably to develop his muscle upper system, he really looks like a 15 years old body builder :loon 2. Nadal lost his winning stamina, not only that, he looks fat, i dare to predict that, this guy will gonna look as 130kg mug after 10 years,he is s*hit as number one 3.Federer looks great. dont underestimate the swiss, he may win the australian open for fun bye bye :hope

Does Monfils' 6-4 6-4 won against Rafa diminish what we thought about Murray's achievements last week any? I must confess to getting a bit carried away with it all and thinking Murray must have a live chance in Oz, but now.... has he really only beaten Fed and Rafa because they weren't 'up for it' totally?
What did we think about last week?:tongue2 It was an exhibition but they all did look like they were playing pretty hard. Murray was the form player in the second half of last season, and has a great record against Fed and wins over Nadal and Djokovic. Look at the start of this season, Nadal has had a couple of losses. Are his knees OK? Is he that good on hard courts anyway? Federer looks reasonable, but still Murray beat him last week - we'll see again this week. Djokovic has just changed rackets and was disappointing against Gulbis. Will he be ready to defend his title? Murray is right up there with them and the 'Big 4' are way ahead of anybody else. Of course Murray has a live chance, the market has him 2nd fav just behind Federer, and at the moment I think that's just about right.