Hide « Lech Poznan v Deportivo
Nancy v CSKA Moscow (19:45GMT) 1.96 3.75 4.30 100.94 % Details »
Hide « Nancy v CSKA Moscow
Slavia Praha v Hamburger SV (19:45GMT) 2.92 3.40 2.64 101.54 % Details »
Hide « Slavia Praha v Hamburger SV
Valencia v Club Brugge (19:45GMT) 1.49 4.50 9.50 99.86 % Details »
Hide « Valencia v Club Brugge
Wolfsburg v Portsmouth (19:45GMT) 2.08 3.60 4.00 100.85 % Details »

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Hertha Berlin, Standard Liege and Wolfsburg all stand out at first viewing. All have absolutely fantastic home records against some of the poorest travellers. Galatasary having a 1-2-3 away record in their own league against Hertha (5-2-1 at home) Standard are 5-0-1 at home in their league against Sampdoria (0-1-5 away from home). Standard Liege are absolutely fantastic in this competition nearly knocking out Liverpool then beating Everton at home and should have beaten them away from home. Wolfsburg have had a terrific start (at home) in their league with a 6-1-0 home record whilst Portsmouth have shown that they are not the same team away from home (beat by two average Portugeese teams). Think the standout bet for me could be Standard Liege but will look at it more tomorrow.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 CSKA look too big a price considering the players they have and the record they have in this competition of late. Okay, they may have qualified already, but there season is finished so they have no need to rest players and would like to avoid a CL side in the next stage by finishing first. I watched Nancy against Motherwell and although far superior to them, they dont look to have many options upfront and there defence can certainly be got at. Vagner Love is as good as any striker in the UEFA Cup and could be playing for a big move in the January transfer window. You may want to cover yourself with DNB but I just feel the odds are too big for a CSKA win. Agree with Standard Liege, they've looked extremely impressive the 4 times I've watch them this season.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 was looking at Twente v Schalke 04 Schalke been really poor in UEFA..winning against PSG and loosing to man city. Twente are on good form in league and uefa. abit suprised at CSKA one aswell..odds for them at home are much lower because of russian weather and home ASTRO TURF PITCH but still CSKA got some good players maybe overs might be better because NANCY need to win really but CSKA already qualified. anyone else got any views on other games? [url=http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/football/uefa-cup/matches/twente-v-schalke-04/match-result]

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008

Hertha Berlin, Standard Liege and Wolfsburg all stand out at first viewing. All have absolutely fantastic home records against some of the poorest travellers. Galatasary having a 1-2-3 away record in their own league against Hertha (5-2-1 at home)
just a reminder..ıt won't be a typical home match for Hertha side, cos' Germany is a country with many Turkish people working, and sure that they'll rush to the game to support Galatasaray; So I'm sure many will support Galatasaray no matter in which side they watch the match..

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 H Berlin v Galatasaray - 1 /Betfair - 1.92/ Herta must win for the home side. Team have been solid enough at the olympic stadion and may well have the beating of Galata who already have done just about enough to get through. Herta beat Hamburger, Hofenhaim and Stutgart at home. Galatasaray are not very stable away . I think Herta will win !!!:)

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 We play besides Wilfried Dalmat (right winger) with our best squad. Unlike Sampdoria, here at Liege everybody looks forward to this game to secure qualification. More important, if we win we have a really big chance to become group winners. Also a dozen of scouts will attend the game, so every player will be again very concentrated like previous games. I think that taken into consideration that Samp doesn't start with starting eleven [email protected] and 1 should be tried. Under 2.5 is also a good option I think as Italian teams their defence is always hard to break.

We play besides Wilfried Dalmat (right winger) with our best squad. Unlike Sampdoria, here at Liege everybody looks forward to this game to secure qualification. More important, if we win we have a really big chance to become group winners. Also a dozen of scouts will attend the game, so every player will be again very concentrated like previous games. I think that taken into consideration that Samp doesn't start with starting eleven [email protected] and 1 should be tried. Under 2.5 is also a good option I think as Italian teams their defence is always hard to break.
I like standard Liege but alot couple of points to consider Liege only need a point to qualify if they do need one. Only been one record of a team not qualifying with 6 points in the history of Uefa Groups. Sampdoria have the Genova derby at the weekend, its the biggest game in their annual diary. They will rest top stars. They have a home game to finish where if they secure a point here, a point there will probably be enough aswell. History shows that italian teams playing away who are happy with a point usually get and settle for a point. So you have a a strong home team who only technically need a point agains a an Italian team who will settle for a point. I think the value here is on the draw with small stakes on 0-0. :ok

I like standard Liege but alot couple of points to consider Liege only need a point to qualify if they do need one. Only been one record of a team not qualifying with 6 points in the history of Uefa Groups. Sampdoria have the Genova derby at the weekend, its the biggest game in their annual diary. They will rest top stars. They have a home game to finish where if they secure a point here, a point there will probably be enough aswell. History shows that italian teams playing away who are happy with a point usually get and settle for a point. So you have a a strong home team who only technically need a point agains a an Italian team who will settle for a point. I think the value here is on the draw with small stakes on 0-0. :ok
Welcome Dogmeister cheers!

H Berlin v Galatasaray - 1 /Betfair - 1.92/ Herta must win for the home side. Team have been solid enough at the olympic stadion and may well have the beating of Galata who already have done just about enough to get through. Herta beat Hamburger, Hofenhaim and Stutgart at home. Galatasaray are not very stable away . I think Herta will win !!!:)
Careful though with the stake, as I thought Benfica will see them off too...

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Spartak Moscow - NEC Nijmegen under 2.5 Saprtak have been disappointing in this competition at home where they have a draw and a loss with 3 of their four games going under. NEC are not much better with also a draw and loss from their two away games and they too have gone under in 3 of their 4 games in this competition. NEC ae pretty mcuh out of the running in this cup and with several players missing, they will be likely to not care about this game, however, Spartak also have several players out, and coupled with their poor home form, then this game could be a close but boring game given that both teams will be disorganised and lacking creativity. Udinese - Dinamo Zagreb under 2.5 Udinese have suffered five consecutive defeats in Serie A and Sunday's 1-0 loss to Chievo saw them drop to ninth in the standings. They are playing without confidence and are struggling to find the right form. Normally this would be a comfortable victory for them but given their present situation and Dinamo's good win on the weekend, this may be closer than expected. With several players also out, Udinese will be happy to take at least a point from this, so expect another close game Man City - Paris St Germain over 2.5 Man City sit on top of their group and only need a point to progress however they will have a few players out while PSG are at the bottom and now that nothing but victory will give them any chance of progressing to the next round. Man City have scored at least two goals in their last 4 UEFA Cup games including the last two at home as 3 of these last 4 games have gone over while PSG have gone over in 3 of their last 4 UEFA Cup games including their last two games on the road. Could be some goals in this game given both teams penchant for attacking football Hertha Berlin - Galatasaray under 2.5 Hertha have gone under in each of their 5 UEFA Cup games as their defence is quite strong having only conceded once but scored 4 goals in those games. They need a win here at home while Galatasaray will be happy with a point as they have gone under in their last 3 UEFA Cup games, scoring 3 and only conceding 1 goal. The defences of these two sides should keep things tight and even if one team scored, thier defence has shown that they can withhold the scoring opportunities of other teams.

Very strong on Hertha Berlin tonight. Turkish sides don't travel and Galatasary have major injury problems according to this piece previewing the game http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=256522&&cc=5739 I got the 11/10 that was snapped up yesterday and anything around evens is a very good price.
Nicu,Varonin and Cicero wont play this game for Hertha Ayhan missed for Gala but he is not important so much,because our injury Mehmet Topal and Barış özbek now good and they will play firth 11. Possible 11: De Sanctis - Sabri - H.Balta(Volkan) - Meira - Servet - Arda - Lincoln - Kewell - Baros We dont have missed and 40.000 fans will be have. 1-1 or 2-1 Gala is good ı think.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Metalist - Olympiakos: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.66 (Betfred) 10/10 I think both teams will be play with caution since a loss may essentially kill their chances for qualification. The weather in the Ukraine should also contribute to a tight low scoring game. The draw is, I think, the most likely outcome, but Olympiakos is a better quality side and could get a 0-1 or 0-2 win. The under 2.5 is a safer bet I think.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Twente v Schalke Looks quite big odds for the home side here, I would of priced them up as slightly favourites for the match. Twente beat Racing Santander at home and was beating at City but only by 1 goal, 3-2 final score. Schalke beat PSG in the first game but they are bottom of the group, I watched parts of the game when they played City last match and they looked quite poor to be honest. In the domestic leagues Schalke are 9th and Twente are 4th in the Dutch league and going strong. Schalke are only 1 point ahead in the group and I fancy Twente to nick this at what looks a good price. @ 3.10 Betfair

Metalist - Olympiakos: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.66 (Betfred) 10/10 I think both teams will be play with caution since a loss may essentially kill their chances for qualification. The weather in the Ukraine should also contribute to a tight low scoring game. The draw is, I think, the most likely outcome, but Olympiakos is a better quality side and could get a 0-1 or 0-2 win. The under 2.5 is a safer bet I think.
I agree with you 100%. The way I see this game played after reading the remarks of the coaches is a strategic game with emphasis on the center, a physical game with very few goal scoring chances... Half time I believe it will be 0-0 and I can see that being the final score as well unless a team can produce a goal (Olympiacos more likely to score in my opinion).. So under 2.5 (1.72 with Betfair) or even under 1.5 for the risky pundits out there are very good options) Zero Cool

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Man City and PSG should be able to produce goals. City are through and relaxed re next stage of UEFA, and the least thing the French want to see is a relaxed English team at home, in attacking mood. On the other hand saw the full Schalke - PSG game only days before a big French derby, with many regulars rested. Must admit the French looked dangerous and very unlucky, especially in the second half... I don't think PSG are bothered much about this game and UEFA Cup itself, full squad or reserves, they have no reason to hide, therefore the Over looks good, so far both their games here were with 3+ goals. If I am wrong - even better - Twente and Schalke will fight hard tonight, Santander are rested, a vague chance for 3 points here and a home game in the end at home is looking better...

Twente v Schalke Looks quite big odds for the home side here, I would of priced them up as slightly favourites for the match. Twente beat Racing Santander at home and was beating at City but only by 1 goal, 3-2 final score. Schalke beat PSG in the first game but they are bottom of the group, I watched parts of the game when they played City last match and they looked quite poor to be honest. In the domestic leagues Schalke are 9th and Twente are 4th in the Dutch league and going strong. Schalke are only 1 point ahead in the group and I fancy Twente to nick this at what looks a good price. @ 3.10 Betfair
:nana

Twente v Schalke Looks quite big odds for the home side here, I would of priced them up as slightly favourites for the match. Twente beat Racing Santander at home and was beating at City but only by 1 goal, 3-2 final score. Schalke beat PSG in the first game but they are bottom of the group, I watched parts of the game when they played City last match and they looked quite poor to be honest. In the domestic leagues Schalke are 9th and Twente are 4th in the Dutch league and going strong. Schalke are only 1 point ahead in the group and I fancy Twente to nick this at what looks a good price. @ 3.10 Betfair
Nice work again Spooner :clap:clap:cheers

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Actually from Czech Republic - Slavia vs Hamburg SV. I think that difficult match for punters. Slavia is out of form in the end of autumn season but they play very good at home instead of defeat againist Villa but it was very unlucky match for Slavia. So my tip si draw.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Copenhagen - Rosenborg: Copenhagen Win @ 1.72 (Betfred) 10/10 I see a good chance of a home win here that is just acceptably priced. First, I think Danish football, where Copenhagen plays, is a notch better than Norway's football where Rosenborg plays. Rosenborg's season is over. They came in 5th place (disappointing for Rosenborg's history in Norway) with a 4-4-5 away record and a -5 goal differential. I really don't think the players are going to be too keen in continuing to play given that their chances of any success are limited. Copenhagen is challenging for the title. They have an awesome 7-1-0 home record with a +13 goal differential. I see the home team getting a win against a disinterested and mediocre visiting side.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 any advice on games tonight guyz? Heerenveen v Braga looks intresting..heerenveen are pretty good at home and got beat by twente 6-0 in the league so they will want to get they winning back on track with tonight. Braga are a good side and will need to play good..over 2.5 maybe.. heerenveen is sticking out for me like they will want to win tonight to get there winning ways back and happy fans after a thumping over the weekend. anyone else have advice?

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Heerenveen - Braga over 2.5 For Heerenveen to have any chance of going into the next phase they must win this game but the problems lies is that even though they can score they often let in more thna they do. That is why their last three games have gone over in this competition. Braga need a win to confirm their place in the next round and they have been scoring goals, as 3 of their 5 games have gone over. With both sides having plenty to play for then a few goals should be scored here Wolfsburg - Portsmouth over 2.5 Portsmouth have no choice buyt to go on the attack in this game if they are to get the three points and stake a claim for the next round otherwise they are out. They have gone over in the last three games, and even though they have showed that they can score they are allowing too many goals to go in. Wolfsburg have also gone over in their last two games as they have scored plenty of goals but have also allowed teams to score on them. Even though a draw may be enough for them to progress, the fact that Portsmouth will make them fight all the way suggests they will have to play at their best to get something out of the game. Should see an open game with some goals in it. Copenhagen - Rosenborg over 2.5 Both teams need a won here as a possible place in the next round plus bragging rights between these neighbouring Scandinavian teams. Copenhagen have score but conceded in each of their 5 UEFA Cup games as they have gone over in 3 of them while Rosenborg have allowed 7 goals in their last 2 games as they have gone over in 4 of their 5 games. With so much at stake, these two teams will go for it, and with their defences being pretty ordinary then chances, and goals, should occur. Lech Poznan - Deportivo over 2.5 Lech Poznan are an offensive minded team as they have gone over in their last 4 UEFA Cup games, scoring 8 but allowin 8, including two goals against in each of these 4 games. Deportivo have very good home form in this competition but poor away form as they have allowed at least two goals in each of their two away games. Both teams need a win here and they both have problems in their defence so look for some goals to be scored.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Hi! :welcome (my first post on this forum) Lech Poznan - Deportivo de La Coruna over 2,5 10/10 @ 2,00 & over 3,5 4/10 @ 3,70 Bookmakers give us definitely value in that match. Lech and Deportivo have abilities to shoot 3 or more goals, both are in good form. Additionally, home team will play without injured centre-back - Injac (it is rather important player). In Depor right-back Manuel Pablo and midfielder Juan Rodriguez will rest (what interesting, Lotina probably is going to use the same squad as in match with Feyenoord). In previous Depor & Lech shooted more 2,5 goals and tried to play offensive: Lech - Nancy 2-2 CSKA - Lech 2-1 Deportivo - Feyenoord 3-0 CSKA - Deportivo 3-0 Lech need win with Deportivo, their attacks will start from first minute, i'm sure of that (spanish are very, very strong in counter-attack, we should remember). Deportivo also want to win, but draw will be good result for them. My pick for correct score is something about 2-2, eventually 3-1, 1-3, 2-1, 1-2, 3-2. Sorry for language mistakes ;)

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Wolfsburg v Portsmouth Wolfsburg are in good form (won 5 of 6 Bundesliga games, and two from two in the UEFA) - but as are Portsmouth, unbeaten in five including drawing with AC Milan. Portsmouth need a win to have any chance of progressing, and I see them really going for it - with Crouch, Defoe et al they certainly have goals in them. Their last 3 games in all competitions have been 3-2, 2-2, 2-2, so they're scoring but also conceding. Wolfsburg's two UEFA games have been 3-2 and 5-1 - and aside from their recent 0-0 draw with Dortmund, Bundesliga results have been 4-1, 2-3, -0 so there are lots of goals going into this one. I see it as an open game, Portsmouth attacking as they really need a win, and Wolfsburg having the quality to hit them on the counter attack. Over 2.5 Goals Wolfsburg v Portsmouth 1.91 Betfair In the same game, I would be inclined to back a late goal - Portsmouth conceded 2 late to AC Milan in their last UEFA outing, and have also conceded late to Hull and Wigan recently - as well as scoring late to win at Blackurn last weekend. Wolfsburg produced a stunning comeback to beat Braga in stoppage time in their last UEFA Cup game, and also scored late against Stuttgart in their penultimate Bundesliga game. Its relatively difficult to find games where either of them haven't scored or conceded late, in fact! With this likely to be an open game, with Porstmouth pushing for a results, there is a good chance goals will come late - and its the form. Time of the last goal later than 74th minute: 5/6 Paddy Power

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 What do you think of Aston Villa game? Home win is very possible, Aston Villa standing on top of the table with two wins and GD 3-1. On the other side Žilina is in last place with one draw and two defeats, GD 1-3. Any info?