Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Think Bluesq's 11/2 for Gerrard 1st scorer is decent, Also having the Reds to bounce back after failing to break down Fulham, Captain Gerrard does tend to score against Marseille and even if he doesn't should provide the ammo for Keane and Torres. Taking Liverpool HT/FT @ 5/6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anorthosis Famagusta - Werder Bremen over 4.5 goals This is a very important match for both teams. None of the teams want to draw the match. The team that wins this will be qualified in the next round. Anorthosis proved to be very tough on home plate as they ended a draw 3-3 against Inter and played well and also crushed Panatinaikos 3-1. Panatinaikos won 3-0 at Bremen. Considering the fact that Famagusta scored an average of 3 per game and also considering that Bremen will want to win this, I believe that these odds are value.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Two bets for me tonight Roma/Inter double- 2.55 Roma have recovered from their woeful form in the early part of the season which saw them lose to Cluj in Rome and the 3-1 demolition of Chelsea has galvanized them, since recording a win over rivals Lazio and a 3-0 victory over Lecce. After a good start the Romanians have struggled with back to back defeats against Bordeaux and poor domestic form. Roma came from a goal behind to defeat Bordeaux earlier in the campaign and with the group so tight with all 4 teams all still in the hunt for a last 16 spot, I think the Italians will take this one. Inter need a victory to ensure top spot which would mean they could rest players for a potential tough trip to Bremen on matchday six. Panathinaikos recorded a stunning 3-0 win last time out in Germany but Inter are a lot more reliable and resilient. Having beaten them in Greece, Mourinho's men off the back of a domestic win over Juventus should have too much for the Greeks. Anorthosis-0 (draw no bet)- 2.76. The Cypriots have shown they are strong at home after comfortably disposing of Panathinaikos 3-1 and then coming within 10 minutes of a famous victory over Inter before Julio Cruz's equalizer meant they had to settle for a 3-3 draw. The Germans as ever are very inconsistant, losing 3-0 at home last time out to Panathinaikos while recording a point at the San Siro. They have enough quality to cause the home side problems but Anorthosis got a 0-0 in Bremen and at the odds you have to back the home side. Werder have struggled away domestically and Ketsbaia will have Anorthosis well up for this. While 3.75 for the home win is tempting, Werder have drawn 3 out of 4 and Anorthosis 2 out of 4 so far, so having the drawn return your stake looks the safer option.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November

Without doubt, Steven Gerrard is the heart and soul of Liverpool. He gives that little extra in creative areas and that showed against Fulham in the EPL last weekend. As long as Athletico do not lose, a point should be enough for Liverpool. But I feel Liverpool will come out with good momentum tonight. It will be interesting to see what squad OM have available... One thing that seems to be a positive for Liverpool is that OM need a result. Liverpool often have problems when teams come to Anfield and "park the bus" so to speak. However, bare in mind even though OM need a win, OM coach Eric Gerets suggests there will be a some caution and a need to, at least, stay in the game. He'll obviously set his team out to do the latter, which suggests a possible low scoring game. However, remember OM played Liverpool off the park by doing the opposite last season. Liverpool's overall class will tell and with Gerrard back hoping to extend an excellent partnership with Fernando Torres and with OM possibly indicating a counter-attacking approach I would go for: Liverpool and Unders. Good Luck All.
:welcome to PL future3. :ok

Atletico Madrid - PSV AH(-1.5) HOME Atletico Madrid won 3-0 at PSV. PSV are in a poor form and the vitory against Heracles(can't be called a football team) is not relevant as they lost 3-0 against Ajax a team that is worse than Atletico(my opinion). Atletico are in not such good shape(1-1 @ Numancia) so a bigger winning margin wouldn't be advisable. I believe that this should end 2-0 or 3-1. The odds are 2.43 at betfair

Hello all, this is my first time on this beautyful forum, I hope it will be nice to exchange views and have fun. I am looking about Atletico Madrid @ 1.45 against PSV. Does anyone has infos if in general in Europe the odds of Atletico Madrid to win are growing up? I noticed that in Italy on Totosì tonight the odds grew up from 1.43 up to 1.47, I wonder why... PSV is performing pretty poor away from Eindhoven, even in Eresdivisie where they are able to win only matches at home it seems... plus Atletico must be angry after the draw that Numancia got just at the end of their last mast with a penalty kick, so they want to perform good again. I personally think that, unless I will get some infos about injuries or particular situations against Atletico, I will include the home team winning in some combos. Thanks in advance for any infos.
:welcome to PL Luigi. :ok

Sporting Lisbon - Barcelona DRAW A draw in this match would mean that Barcelona finnishes first and Sporting second. I believe that Barcelona aims for the draw, because this would be the best result for them. Sporting are a strong team in defense and they should play cool this game. A draw would be good for them too and would also please the supporters. Barcelona doen't push too much lately as they drew home 1-1 with Basel and they won't be pushing today either, but they would still need a draw. Odds 3.47 @ Pinnacle Sports

Bordeaux - Chelsea AH (+1) Chelsea 2.4 @ canbet Chelsea won the last meeting in London 4-0. Bordeaux improved since then, but at this moment they know that all they can get is UEFA Cup slot and the will play accordingly. Their coach said that they will try to make it impossible for Chelsea by not giving them space, but Chelsea are just too big for that. Chelsea should win this, as Roma will most probably beat CFR with not too many problems.The correct score should be 2-0. There's a slight possibility for 1-0 so that's why it is +1 AH and not +1.5. Odds 2.4 @ canbet

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November most popular bets tonight around europe are : Roma- more than 90% of tipsters and bettors- Inter- more than 75% of tipters and bettors, there is a market on under 2.5 goals here also- Atletico Madrid -something like 90%- i totally agree with people everywhere in this continent, i smell a bad night for bookies lets see :notworthy

CFR - Roma Roma to win AS Roma in very good form. They won 3-0 at Lecce a team that held AC Milan for a draw. They regained form imediately after losing against CFR in that match 2-1. That victory was not that relevant as Roma dominated the match and played without Totti. Vucinic will be up for the game probably and he will probably score. At the moment CFR are playing lousy and they "hope for miracles". If you hope for miracles you know that you just can't win without the divinity :)

most popular bets tonight around europe are : Roma- more than 90% of tipsters and bettors- Inter- more than 75% of tipters and bettors, there is a market on under 2.5 goals here also- Atletico Madrid -something like 90%- i totally agree with people everywhere in this continent, i smell a bad night for bookies lets see :notworthy
We will see that. I usually lay the public picks and do a good profit. Where do you get this info on public picks % ? If I can get it at once place like this, it will save me hours reading forums and calculating the most popular picks to lay. Today I will definitely lay Roma and Chelsea, they seem to be most popular. :dude

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Ok, I have to start sometime, so let it be : From what is seems everything is predictable tonight, so these are my combos : Cluj - Roma 2 with massive victory, I believe Roma is finally on right track Bordeaux - Chelsea 2, they've won 4-0 in first, and after returning of Joe Cole midfield is working perfect, also, they are always eager for win after a draw Anorthosis - Werder 1x, pressure or not, these guys proven to be tough nut to crack, with this kind of Werder who is playing very inconsistenly I will go for Famagusta Liverpool - Marseille 1, might be pretty boring game if both teams closed themself, but I believe in Liverpool with heart and soul Gerard, also possible htX all in all 7.5 GL

What use is this post?
Certainly there is more use to Pauls post then yours... he is highlighting to you that posting something like this will achieve nothing... nobody gains more information... nobody learns.... nobody benefits... the sole purpose of your post is to put up bananas is you win and vomit faces if you lose... reasoning is required in this thread and really I feel that something like essentially only wastes space... I am sure if you had anything useful to input then everyone would be ecstatic to welcome you here...:ok

Certainly there is more use to Pauls post then yours... he is highlighting to you that posting something like this will achieve nothing... nobody gains more information... nobody learns.... nobody benefits... the sole purpose of your post is to put up bananas is you win and vomit faces if you lose... reasoning is required in this thread and really I feel that something like essentially only wastes space... I am sure if you had anything useful to input then everyone would be ecstatic to welcome you here...:ok
I'm gutted.

Two bets for me tonight Roma/Inter double- 2.55 Roma have recovered from their woeful form in the early part of the season which saw them lose to Cluj in Rome and the 3-1 demolition of Chelsea has galvanized them, since recording a win over rivals Lazio and a 3-0 victory over Lecce. After a good start the Romanians have struggled with back to back defeats against Bordeaux and poor domestic form. Roma came from a goal behind to defeat Bordeaux earlier in the campaign and with the group so tight with all 4 teams all still in the hunt for a last 16 spot, I think the Italians will take this one. Inter need a victory to ensure top spot which would mean they could rest players for a potential tough trip to Bremen on matchday six. Panathinaikos recorded a stunning 3-0 win last time out in Germany but Inter are a lot more reliable and resilient. Having beaten them in Greece, Mourinho's men off the back of a domestic win over Juventus should have too much for the Greeks. Anorthosis-0 (draw no bet)- 2.76. The Cypriots have shown they are strong at home after comfortably disposing of Panathinaikos 3-1 and then coming within 10 minutes of a famous victory over Inter before Julio Cruz's equalizer meant they had to settle for a 3-3 draw. The Germans as ever are very inconsistant, losing 3-0 at home last time out to Panathinaikos while recording a point at the San Siro. They have enough quality to cause the home side problems but Anorthosis got a 0-0 in Bremen and at the odds you have to back the home side. Werder have struggled away domestically and Ketsbaia will have Anorthosis well up for this. While 3.75 for the home win is tempting, Werder have drawn 3 out of 4 and Anorthosis 2 out of 4 so far, so having the drawn return your stake looks the safer option.
Done this same bet mate, never had time to post my reasoning but you've pretty much summed it up - nice write up :ok:hope

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Yeah thats true I dont understand whats happening with em? A year ago I couldnt imagine such a result. Well let's see the result against arsenal( in my opininon another draw). Also I cant stand any more Inter with these ridiculous results. They wiped out Juve on Saturday and today a defeat against Panathinaikos WTF????

Think Bluesq's 11/2 for Gerrard 1st scorer is decent, Also having the Reds to bounce back after failing to break down Fulham, Captain Gerrard does tend to score against Marseille and even if he doesn't should provide the ammo for Keane and Torres. Taking Liverpool HT/FT @ 5/6
will do me.:beer

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Bordeaux - Chelsea under 2.5 :D Roma :D Inter Milan - Panathinaikos over 2.5 :@ Anorthosis Famagusta - Werder Bremen over 2.5 :D Sporting Lisbon - Barcelona under 2.5 :@ Shaktar Donetsk - Basel under 2.5 :@ Athletico Madrid - PSV over 2.5 :D Liverpool - Marseille over 2.5 :@ Slight loss today lads. Sorry to those who may have followed :spank

Without doubt, Steven Gerrard is the heart and soul of Liverpool. He gives that little extra in creative areas and that showed against Fulham in the EPL last weekend. As long as Athletico do not lose, a point should be enough for Liverpool. But I feel Liverpool will come out with good momentum tonight. It will be interesting to see what squad OM have available... One thing that seems to be a positive for Liverpool is that OM need a result. Liverpool often have problems when teams come to Anfield and "park the bus" so to speak. However, bare in mind even though OM need a win, OM coach Eric Gerets suggests there will be a some caution and a need to, at least, stay in the game. He'll obviously set his team out to do the latter, which suggests a possible low scoring game. However, remember OM played Liverpool off the park by doing the opposite last season. Liverpool's overall class will tell and with Gerrard back hoping to extend an excellent partnership with Fernando Torres and with OM possibly indicating a counter-attacking approach I would go for: Liverpool and Unders. Good Luck All.
:cow