Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Agree with Woody here. One bet for me. Young to beat Newton @ 11/10. Not an expert by any means. Young started off his match terribly but came back in the second half of the match as strong as anyone on the night and came out on top. Newton had a low average and won a pretty scrappy match with lots of missed doubles.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4

:eek:eek:eek:eek Mardle......you are a lucky, lucky boy. Great performance by Anastasia, she's no means the worst player in this tournament. Well done girl:clap
Absolutely mate. To be fair to the 3 guys who've played her on TV now, none of them have underestimated her which says it all really. He's lucky she only hit 21 when she was on 131 in that deciding leg because if she was going for 80 rather than 110 the way she was hitting that D20 it would've been goodnight :loon. I don't think McDine's gonna get much kip tonight :lol.

Anastasia had her chances but how can you compensate for a bunch of feckin tossers in the crowd.On her first leg when she was setting up the checkout they were wolf-whistling ,again, whilst she was throwing and it just ended up like a feckin pantomime show. This I think has put off most of the players and thats why we saw some shite darts throughout,Fitton summed it up perfectly when he said that in any other events security would kick these people out.
It's a pub game. If you can't play with noise, you can't play, and shouldn't be there. Do football crowds go quiet when a striker gets near a goal? Do boxing crowds go quiet when a fighter lines up a left hook? Tennis is just as bad, how the fcuk can crowd noise affect your stroke? As for snooker, I coughed once at a Stephen Hendry match in Peterborough. You'd have thought I'd shouted 'CNUT' at the top of my voice by the looks I got from the rest of the audience. But he still potted the ball.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 beery impreesed with darryl fitton, amke no mistake this boy can play and is good enough to be playing pro (PDC) darts. he is not in Taylors half of the draw, and so has every cahance of making final i would get money on him. as for last night Taylor losing was'nt a massive shock, jenks was avg mid 90's, and recall in Vegas last year he had the same avg and as thumped 3-0 in sets!, Tayor is lways vunerable at short formats, though i expect him to hammer van der voort, (wounded animal). once we get into knock out stages the true taylor will show himself and will anhilated the rest, and remember he did not play poorly (avg 102), just missed doubles and i can assure you to rectify that he will work harder then ronaldinhos toothbrush,

It's a pub game. If you can't play with noise' date=' you can't play, and shouldn't be there. Do football crowds go quiet when a striker gets near a goal? Do boxing crowds go quiet when a fighter lines up a left hook? Tennis is just as bad, how the fcuk can crowd noise affect your stroke? As for snooker, I coughed once at a Stephen Hendry match in Peterborough. You'd have thought I'd shouted 'CNUT' at the top of my voice by the looks I got from the rest of the audience. But he still potted the ball.[/quote'] Terrible comparisons. Theres also a big difference between "crowd noise" and people intenionally trying to be disruptive. No player has ever complained about wanting total silence for when they throw, and all of them accept that big crowds are bound to create some noise. Its not the "general" noise thats the problem, but when there are some idiots inteionally trying to mess up a players throw. For example, when the crowd in the Mardle/Dobrom game started to go "oooooooohhhhhh" just as Wayne was going for a double, that is disgraceful. On a more positive note, Barney showed huge class/bottle last night, when he took out a load of doubles/bulls when he was under huge pressure. Just shows what a class player he is.

It's a pub game. If you can't play with noise' date=' you can't play, and shouldn't be there. Do football crowds go quiet when a striker gets near a goal? Do boxing crowds go quiet when a fighter lines up a left hook? Tennis is just as bad, how the fcuk can crowd noise affect your stroke? As for snooker, I coughed once at a Stephen Hendry match in Peterborough. You'd have thought I'd shouted 'CNUT' at the top of my voice by the looks I got from the rest of the audience. But he still potted the ball.[/quote'] Oh Cass how wrong can you be,now i know your getting on a bit and those cauliflower ears have nigh on blocked out any hearing and a slight bit of sense;) but watch the old matches on NutsTV(yes its a yoof station but live a little Cass;)) and the crowds are roaring but when the players throw there quite as little mouses,in any concentration game the slightest noise,if your not in the right frame of mind,will knock you off your stride.Snookers played in pubs and clubs and you don't get someone going "oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when your going for the match ball and if they did you'd be a little peeved. It happened to me yesterday as i was on a 161 checkout and one of there players coughed on everyone of my throws,he also did something worse when my mate was on the board saying in a voice everyone could hear when he was going for the match dart "this blokes had dartitus and has run out of beer he'll never hit it". His team mates were disgusted and he only narrowly avoided a damn good kicking(PS I dont condone fighting). Though back to yesterdays darts.Before i went out they hadn't got Anastasia +2.5 legs but I nearly got the outright.Also I was impressed with the crowd for the Nicholson/Fitton match:ok Though the comment Fitton made the day before that he'd have to get used to these crowds made me think and I asked one of the BDO secretaries wether he'd be moving over and with a big grin on his face he said "No comment". So Fitton should be moving over and so would I think Anderson this year,which would also mean Robson as well.Also theres a big rumour that O'Shea could be switching as well due to him not getting ranked in the masters.If this all happens the PDC events will become much tougher and more great betting opportunities(If only I could get them right:lol) I'm leaving today alone as i'm relying on my group bets to see if i've owt to bet with this week:lol Good Luck all and well done on the winners so far.:ok

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Anyone see past a Jenkins (Andy) and Tabern double? Nixon has only won one leg in his two games, he is out and although Jenkins is through he should still want to do enough to win this game and make it 3/3 after beating Taylor last night. Tabern has played pretty well despite losing yesterday and needs to win tonight, again against a man who is playing for nothing. Double pays around EVS.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Really late getting online today. Not much time but I'm going for 4 tonight. 10pts C.McGarry to beat M.van Gerwen 6/4 Blue Square Colin McGarry hasn't played bad darts so far this week but for the 1st couple of legs against Mervyn King. van Gerwen hasn't really showed up this week which is annoying because he's so good when he's on form. The Dutch kid isn't scoring like he can and he's been awful in the finishing department. McGarry's steady and consistent and I take that to win the day here in a match McGarry has to win to have any chance of going through in all reality. 10pts M.Webster to beat M.King Evs Sportingbet Mark Webster played some brilliant darts yesterday against van Gerwen. He hit a couple of 180's and averaged in the mid 90s after disappointing the day before. Mervyn King is through but for a weird set of results but he hasn't played his greatest darts so far. He's struggling a bit with his scoring and his consistency. Webster has to win you'd think to stand a chance of going through and although I think this will be close I think the Welshman will just come out on top. 10pts Anastasia +3.5 legs to beat K.McDine 5/6 Stan James 2pts Anastasia to beat K.McDine 11/2 Boylesports I think Anastasia has a great chance of notching her 1st win in this competition tonight and she could even win it well enough to progress assuming Part does the business in the other match. Kevin McDine has been woeful this week. I thought he was poor against Mardle because Mardle was really bad but he showed last night that wasn't the case because he couldn't raise his game against a Part who played well but not out of this world well. I don't know if McDine's struggling to settle after laser surgery but whatever it is 2 matches averaging 80 isn't good. Anastasia outscored Mardle completely yesterday and if she has her game with her tonight I can't see her losing this 5-0 or 5-1 and with McDine struggling and also under massive pressure to beat a woman and possibly having to win to progress I'll take a small chance that he can't cope and that Anastasia takes advantage.

Anyone see past a Jenkins (Andy) and Tabern double? Nixon has only won one leg in his two games, he is out and although Jenkins is through he should still want to do enough to win this game and make it 3/3 after beating Taylor last night. Tabern has played pretty well despite losing yesterday and needs to win tonight, again against a man who is playing for nothing. Double pays around EVS.
The problem is there is no pressure on Woods or Nixon and they can just play darts,they'll want to win a game if just for pride.Tabern has to win though and theres pressure in itself.He should in all reality beat Woods so the same can be said about Jenkins with Nixon.

Bit off topic but anyone know what Jenkins did to get suspended..?
If I can remember rightly it was in Germany for being drunk and effing and blinding at officials and people. Though when he played his first match in this tourny after his first warm up darts i could clearly hear him telling Russ Bray "This is fcuking noisy" though he should get away with that one.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Anastasia saved the day for me today. Will update my P/L after tomorrow. Going with 3 tomorrow. Backing Hamilton now because I won't be online tomorrow as I'm off to Altrincham. 10pts D.Fitton to beat G.Anderson 19/10 Boylesports Darryl Fitton is no mug and he's played some very good darts so far this week. He's hit 180's as if they are going out of fashion and notably hit his doubles too which can be a problem for him. Gary Anderson is probably as good a player as you'll find in the BDO. He's such a heavy scorer and usually finishes well but he lost to Nicholson earlier in the week which has made life tricky for him. However results have gone his way since then and he could well get through here even with a loss. Fitton has been really consistent and with the pressure off having already secured his place in the next round I think he can triumph here at a very big looking price. 10pts A.Lewis vs J.Wade - Over 3.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square James Wade looked awesome on Sunday against Denis Ovens while we're just waiting for Adrian Lewis to light up. With him having to win here I would imagine that this is the time he'll do it. Both of these are heavy scorers and this one could well go all the way. If it doesn't I would imagine it's because someone has scored off their tits which will mean 180's. I'd imagine there will be at least 8 legs and that should be plenty of time for these quality young players to hit the required 4 180's. 10pts A.Hamilton to beat A.Tabern in 9 dart shootout 4/5 Stan James I'm probably a mug for betting on this but Hamilton is such a huge scorer that he's probably just about value here. He's also been scoring really well this week which helps. Alan Tabern hasn't quite hit the heights his game can go this week, particularly in the scoring. I'd imagine 380 would be enough to get the job done here or a 180 would do the job. I'd back Hamilton to hit a 180 before Tabern so it's logical therefore to back Hamilton to win this 9 dart shootout.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 10pts Ovens -2.5 legs to beat De Ruiter. Evens Bet Direct Ovens was unlucky to catch Wade in imperious form but his scoring has been consistent through-out the first two matches,where as Ruiter looks like he hasn't played for a few months.Even with the pressure off Ruiter he doesn't look like he's going to score properly.Ovens who needs a win to qualify should bring out his "A" game and can comfortable beat Ruiter here

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Fitton 19/10 boy 10 pts Im already on Fitton outright and im pretty happy so far with that. First game he didnt play that well but did enough to beat Painter. However he was good in his last game and in typical fashion hit a bunch of 180s. Anderson is an understandable fav but I cant have him quite as short as he is and Fitton as big. Afterall Anderson lost his first game to a much lesser player in Nicholson and in terms of scoring power there is very little between these two when Fitton is on his game. Ovens -2.5 legs 5/6 spo 10 pts There might have been evens earlier but I cant get that now and that in itself tells a story. Ovens has played well this week, saw of Lewis and then was not disgraced running into an awesome Wade with 111 average. De Ruiter on the other hand looks poor just like he did last year and in the last BDO worlds. He was perhaps a bit better in his second game than his first but even then he couldnt win a leg. One could argue with the pressure completely off he could play better but I cant really see it, realistically the pressure was off in his first two games and he was still poor then. Ovens should win and with a degree of ease. Wade 8/13 var 10 pts Wade produced one of his best ever performances when beating Ovens. He won the last four legs to win 5-3 and averaged an unreal 111. Quite simple if he plays like that today then surely he wins, even if the real Lewis turn up. Lewis remains an enigma, he was superb in beating barney in the q/f in germany but since then hasnt quite been as impressive and in the first round here he was awful. Wade was in such good form in his last game that I thought he would be a bit shorter for this one especially as the is a scenario where he could still go out so it is not as if he has absolutely nothing to play for.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Tabern v Hamilton Play-Off Tabern 299 or under 10/11 Sporting Odds 10Pts Hamilton 299 or under 10/11 Sporting Odds 10Pts This is going to be a tense affair and the pressure is like nothing they'll have ever experienced before.It'll be like going for a match winning double on every single one of the 9 darts,and we've seen people miles off when going for those,so expect proper pub darts on this. 3 tons is a big ask then in these circumstances and i really can't see anything over 260 max from both players. EDIT: 180's under 0.5 8/13 SkyBet 10pts As said before with the massive pressure they'll be luck to get 2 straight darts so to score a 180 would be like hitting a nine-dart finish.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Whoever backed Fitton must be severly sick. Fitton basically gave him that match. Fitton who we all know is good mates with Anderson basically was throwing so far off the mark it didn't even look like he was attempting the shot. All the head shaking was all play acting. He got his 3 legs then threw the match even the commentators picked it up. 2 darts to win the match on his fav double tops and 1st dart hit the actual on outer board. Ridiculous and sorry for Kevshat who backed him YOU WERE ROBBED

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Well one could say Im a bit biased but that match was a farce imo and it is not the first time involving Anderson, remember Robson and the 3-1 game. Fitton did his best to let Anderson win that one 5-3 imo. In that seventh leg (3-3 all at the time) I was near certain that Fitton was trying to let Anderson win it, the only problem being that Anderson was just missing so many doubles in that leg that it was looking so obvious that Fitton was inexplicably missing doubles that in the end he had to go for it and get it. Even in that last leg Fitton had every opportunity to win but didnt really care. At times it seemed he was even looking at Anderson's score to see how close he was before letting him through and those two efforts at tops to win the game were so rushed in comparison to the rest of his attempts that questions are raised imo. People may say Im just pocket talking but even from a neutral point of view it didnt look good.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Woody your 110% right and anyone who watched that will agree with you. I looked at Bet in Play when Fitton went 4-3 up and it still was 5/6 on both players. We knew the bookies new even andersen new what was going on. The last 2 darts at double tops was totally ridiculous

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 I ain't seen it yet as I was playing dominoes:eyes,though we ragged runners up for 11 Gallon of Ale:nana:nana:nana:nana:beer:beer:beer I'll have a look at 2.00pm with the highlights. Though 2 things would spring to mind 1.Why carry through somone who you feared and might play in the quarters? 2.And would you want Nicholson through,who again you might play in the quarters,and have a baying crowd to play against? I'll put my bets up after the highlights programme,because the Hamilton 5.5 legs is up on Betfair but no prices as yet.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Three today but now just straight knockout so players should be at least trying to win their matches. Webster 6/5 sky 10 pts Giving preference to webster here in the clash between the champs. Part has not looked that good in this event to me so far, he won both his first games but in neither did he look that comfortable and then he lost to Mardle when he was awful in the first 4 legs (below 80 aver.) before picking up to win three legs on the trot in style before just losing to a great 158 checkout. Part being the class act that he is, can very much so raise his game when it really matters tonight but I still think that his form is a worry. Webster has grown into this tournament. Ok he was possibly lucky to go through with just 1 win but he has played better as he has gone on. He thrashed MVG in his second game and then played well enough despite losing to King in his last game and it really was the quality of some big pressure check outs by King that won him that game, ie. the 122 on the bull, 117 and I think there was another leg which King took out with just 1 dart at the double and with Webster waiting. Its all or nothing tonight and whilst part is not always a man you want to oppose in such circumstances, Im doing just that with the BDO champ. Taylor v Hamilton Over 9 180s 6/5 betf 10 pts Both these players are in hot form atm. Indeed if Hamilton was on the other side of the draw, I could have seen a possible final between these two once again and I will be looking out to see what side of the draw Hamilton is on for the worlds because if it is the opposite to Taylor, a final between the two is on the cards given this recent form by both men. Hamilton has played well in all three games, 105 average against Woods, good performance then to beat Tabern and it was just the odd double that cost him against the impressive Whitlock, he still scored well enough as indicated by 103 average. Taylor is just Taylor atm despite one narrow loss. I looked at Hamilton going close on the handciap but instead have gone this route for the 180s, both have hit 5 so far but i can see that increasing tonight in the longer format. I dont think it will be completely one sided so there should still be some legs and with it a whole bunch of 180s like there was in last years final between the two. King -2 legs 5/4 var 10 pts Going that King will beat McDine at the worse 10-7, something which given the current form of the two players is possible in my opinion. King has been playing so well and so consistently well this year and atm is in hot form. He won all three of his first round matches and all in impressive style. He may have changed the stems to his darts but it has not blunted his game so far and indeed early indications suggest that he seems to have less darts beneath the T20 (a problem for King in the past) with the new stems. McDine has been nowhere near as impressive this week and perhaps has shown why he has had such a quiet year in the main. True he did play a bit better in the last match and that was a high pressure agme but he still has to raise his level several notches to live with King especially if King is in similar form to what he has shown so far. King and a bit cosily.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Right lets see where I stand in this tourney. 1.Anastasia -100 2.Whitlock +20 3.King +13.75 4.Lewis -10 5.Fitton +17.50 6.Taylor +1 7.McDine -2 8.Thornton -5 9. Newton -2 10. Anastasia -2 11 Anastasia -5 12 McDine -5 13 Ovens +10 14 Tabern + 9.09 15 Hamilton VOID 16 180's + 6.15 Leaving me -53.51 so far though thats due to Anastasia -100.

I ain't seen it yet as I was playing dominoes:eyes,though we ragged runners up for 11 Gallon of Ale:nana:nana:nana:nana:beer:beer:beer I'll have a look at 2.00pm with the highlights. Though 2 things would spring to mind 1.Why carry through somone who you feared and might play in the quarters? 2.And would you want Nicholson through,who again you might play in the quarters,and have a baying crowd to play against? I'll put my bets up after the highlights programme,because the Hamilton 5.5 legs is up on Betfair but no prices as yet.
I would just describe it as an old pals act for a BDO friend. I actually watched the very late night highlights again last night when they showed just particular dodgy legs which does not completely put the game in context as Fitton was playing well and that is why the sudden and inexplicable drop in standard was so noticeable. However it is even clearer to my mind that this was a fix and Im not the only one with this view, practically everyone who saw it was saying the same thing. Even the commenatators (btw hasnt Mason turned out to be a refreshing change to the hype merchants from sky) picked up on it. When Fitton won that 7th leg that he didnt want too but in the end did otherwise it would be so blatent that he was fixing the game, Rawling said something like, 'its gone in' in a tone expressing total surprise. The last couple of legs did not look good either. Fitton needs 88 and ends up with a D7 for it that mysteriosuly ends up in the middle of D19 so he busts that shot. There was an occasion he was on for a 180 and had the first two in the T20 only to end going to the ones but looking at his throw I have to say that he almost just put it there as there was the whole left end of the bed to aim at and he seemed to just aim right when there was no space. The tops were good attempts for the the 0 of the 20 on the wire. I have no doubt in my mind about that game.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Whitlock -3.5 legs 10pts 2.5(6/4) Betfair. Whitlocks been in devestating form hammering Andy Hamilton 5-1 to set up this clash with Jenkins.His scoring is there and so is his finishing.Jenkins has already beaten Taylor and thats where the problems lie. When players beat Taylor they think the jobs done and they can just coast into the next round,but lapses in concentration really hit Jenkins and although it's a knockout format I think that Whitlock will be far more focused. Jenks is no mug but when he gets behind he really beats himself up and if Whitlock reproduces the Hamilton form then he can thrash Jenks.

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts:Starts 15th Nov ITV4 Webster to win. 10pts 6/5 Ladbrokes. The match of Champions BDO v PDC is an interesting affair.Websters now got through to the knockout rounds and this is where he plays his best darts,he struggled through the group and only won one match but the pressure is really off him now as he's negotiated the tough qualifying group.At his best Webby is a consistent 180 scorer but slightly prone to stutters on his finishing but if he scores heavy enough he'll get a few bites at the cherry. Parts been unimpressive in his group matches and it would have hurt to lose to Mardle in the last match.He's not been scoring anywhere near what he can do and that gives Webby a chance to roar out infront.Part should come back at him but that should spur Webby on to raise his game the same as he did against Whitlock in the BDO final and he should just about get over the line.