** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov

players dont have the logic of a fu*cked up gambler they play for other reasons i am not willing to teach you basic things, but BE SURE, they dont play because you or anybody else bet the result
Sorry for asking but do You think I'm a fool ?? :eyes:eyes:eyes I wasn't writing it because my bet was void or something (I'm mainly playing with ladbrokes where "retirement" is not treated as "void bet"). Be sure I'm not and I wasn't "f*cked up gambler" - as I mentioned - I won my bet. And following You - if they play "for other reasons" I'd can't think of any apart from money... But - let's say it loud, I Baghdatis wasn't fit enough to play why he started the match?? It's almost obvious that when someone is not 100% fit and has serious health problems he risks injury and the possibility that he looses rises. And as far as I know - when someone looses he doesn't get any $ profit. I only can't stand such "thinking" (and it's quite common for different sports). Everything was all right with him during first and second set, and in third when he had an awful game with 2 DF he decided to retire. Be sure, that if he didn't lose this game he would play till the next break or even to the final. I really don't care about the result of this particular match (despite I won) - that's why I wrote "I can't stand such players" - not only Baghdatis. It could be anyone, boxer, tenis player, ski jumper, etc...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Fancy Tsonga at 8/13 to beat Stepanek (sorry dont know decimal prices). He's been in good form recently, beating Djokovic in Thailand in the final a few weeks back, got to semis last week in Lyon, lost to Federer in Madrid (isn't a bad thing). I just feel that Stepanek won't be able to handle his serves and big forehands (although the surface is slower) and he's not in the best form. 8/13 is at Boylesports by the way.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Just utter crap so far this week. I've got about 6 units to catch up already:cry BLAKE @ 1.59 Pinnacle. I think Bolelli looks pretty over rated here. He beat Berdych (who was awful) last week but I just don't fancy him for this. He really strugged against Guccione in qualifying and I just think Blake will over power him. Blake hasn't had too many wins in this part of the season, but losses were to in-form Simon and Lopez. Blake a couple of levels above Bolelli and anything over 1.5 is good. ANDREEV @ 2.52 Pinnacle. Quite like this price. These guys met in Madrid and Andreev had match points before Simon was able to come through the final set tie break. Good spot for revenge with Andreev looking very good in the first round. He seemed to really like the surface and was getting some action that other players really haven't. Simon had another good week in Lyon reaching the semis, I'm looking for a let down especially with the pressure on him being at home and looking for a spot in Shanghai. LJUBICIC @ 3.2 Stan James. Well this is a bit of an old school match up! H2H is 4-4 with Ljubicic 3-0 indoors. I watched Ljubicic in the first round against Troicki and I thought he was excellent, he was serving really well and looked like the guy that was number 3 in the world a couple of years back. I don't know where that form has come from as other times when I've seen him recently he's been very poor. Davydenko is another that has been struggling of late, he hasn't put many wins together lately and pulled out of St Petersburg last week with an elbow injury. I'd like to go with a 1-ball bookie for this but best price is 2.75 @ Coral and around 2.92 with Betfair needing 1 set to be completed, so I'll take the higher price.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Mr Intensity I think you're wrong here. Simon 1.57, Davydenko 1.40 : that's are good bets. Look both guys are fighting for Shanghai, so they are much more motivated than Andreev or Ljubicic. Ljubicic will serve bombs, but Davydenko is good returner and surely we will see a bunch of errors from Ivan. Andreev and Simon are baseliners, but frenchman is much better at rallies believe me. Simon won't allow Andreev no more to have 4 MP as in Paris. Andreev is in good form, but you can't compare Simon with Mathieu or Kohlscreiber. M.Cilic 1.27 Bwin Granollers is the poor guy here, Marin Cilic should leave him no chance. Everyone was betting yesteray on Seppi, but Cilic looks to have grown and Granollers chnaces are 0.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Rafael Nadal vs Florent Serra – Match Betting Selection: Rafael Nadal @1.03 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Radek Stepanek – Match Betting Selection: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga @1.55 Robin Soderling vs Roger Federer – Match Betting Selection:Roger Federer Sets (2-0) @1.50 Andy Murray vs Sam Querrey – Match Betting Selection:Andy Murray Sets (2-0) @1.33 Nadia Petrova vs Varvara Lepchenko – Match Betting Selection:Nadia Petrova Sets (2-0) @1.13 Total odds = 3.60 what do you guys reckon??

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Screw it, a couple more plays..... SODERLING @ 6.4 Betfair. Imposing 7-0 H2H for Federer but I still think Soderling has a shot here. Indoors they’ve had some close matches, including last year in Madrid Federer came through a very tight couple of tiebreaks. I think Soderling has improved since then and should come in here pretty confident having taken the title in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Lyon. Federer won in his home town, but is he really motivated for this event? He’s got to play to get the end of year bonus and he has a very average record here. Last year he made a few comments about the court, and it seems to be playing just as bad this year. I think we could have an upset here. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Murray v Querrey UNDER 21.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Really nice getting the 21.5 here, and I really think it goes under. Querrey had massive problems with an out-of-shape and injured Baghdatis, and was lucky to come through. He was very poor in the rallies, and especially on this type of surface you have to expect Murray to be able to dominate. Querrey of course has a big serve, but Murray is an exceptional returner and Querrey is going to have to serve like Ivo on steroids just to keep this close. Only slight concern here is that it’s Murray first match of the week and he’s coming off a couple of weeks with a lot of matches (although mostly easy ones in St Petersburg).

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Just having a look at the outright market: Outright: MURRAY @ 5.00 Paddy Power. Murray just looks like the man at the moment. He was excellent again tonight against Querrey - a match that a few months ago was awkward he came through with ease, even after being a break down in the first set. You could say he'll be tired after a couple of titles but last week he really cruised through apart from the Tipsarevic match, and should have some reserves left. This court surface should really suit him and I see him coming through this draw. He's got Verdasco next who shouldn't cause any problems (easy win over him last week) then either Nalbandian or del Potro. I don't think Nalbandian is sharp enough to beat Murray and del Potro should be outclassed - and both of the Argentines have little niggling injury problems. Then a potential semi with Nadal - but Nadal if he gets past Monfils will have a tricky quarter against Berdych or Davydennko, both of whom have had success against the Spaniard before. Again I see Murray coming through that semi, even if it is Nadal. In the other half it looks like Federer getting to the semis butI'm not sure who against, and he'll be a rightful fav in the semis. Murray beat Federer in Madrid and I see these court conditions suiting Murray more, and I'd take him if that final happens.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Simon 2.25 I saw the market rose it was 2.10 yesterday now is 2.25. One of the biggest factors what made me bet is Paris. We saw yesterday how crowd kept going Tsonga it was like Davis Cup. Simon is the frenchman №1 so the crowd will be massively behind him. Shanghai Masters race isn't over and Simon will fight until last breath. In rallies Simon is much better than Roddick, the serve is his only advantage. Kolhscreiber 1.61 I like the german now. They met recently and it was a good win for him. His game became consistent, Blake is opposite, just was a little bit better than Bolleli yesterday. The German killed Ferrers Shanghai hopes he waits for another one. I'll combine this match with Djokovic 1.33. Davydenko 2.10 I'm sure runner Davydenko with his great footwork will advance in third round. He had the experience aginst a server yesterday, so he know how to neutralise these tall guys.:drums

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Murray 2-0 @1.36 to beat Verdasco i follow my favorite method, place money on a player i beleive too much there isnt anybody else in the circuit i like more than murray, he is my tennis machine, a player to pay my bets no matter the odds, what counts is the winning bet, not any theoritical value, i need cash money, and i need today in the afternoon:clap hehehe, murray is the deep blue of tennis, while verdasco definetely is NOT kasparov i dont fancy the spaniard, he may hit some winners today, but he is lacking imagination and fantasy, makes me feel bored to watch i predict a walk around the park victory for murray:ok as for the others, my opinion is berdych to beat davydenko the czech is one of the players i watched live, in front of my eyes, as spectator in the court, at halle final 2007 he is unbeleivable, all top players are unbeleivable experience to watch them from 10m distance, i think he has the upper hand against strugggling davydenko bye bye :nana

Murray 2-0 @1.36 to beat Verdasco i follow my favorite method, place money on a player i beleive too much there isnt anybody else in the circuit i like more than murray, he is my tennis machine, a player to pay my bets no matter the odds, what counts is the winning bet, not any theoritical value, i need cash money, and i need today in the afternoon:clap hehehe, murray is the deep blue of tennis, while verdasco definetely is NOT kasparov i dont fancy the spaniard, he may hit some winners today, but he is lacking imagination and fantasy, makes me feel bored to watch i predict a walk around the park victory for murray:ok as for the others, my opinion is berdych to beat davydenko the czech is one of the players i watched live, in front of my eyes, as spectator in the court, at halle final 2007 he is unbeleivable, all top players are unbeleivable experience to watch them from 10m distance, i think he has the upper hand against strugggling davydenko bye bye :nana
It wasn't a walk through the park, but it was a straight win. It's interesting you saw Halle I never had the chance to watch players like Berdych live. I never had this chance in Sofia, at the tournament here come players like G.Dimitrov ( junior Wimbledon winner ), Andujar or V.Crivoi. Davydenko ? I see no way for him to lose this match. I liked the prediction of bettingadvice for this: "Player with 7-0 head-to-head advantage who is higher ranked than his rival (Davydenko rank 6, Berdych rank 22) to be an outsider in that duel? Surely not in my eyes. Davydenko with excellent retrieving skills is hell of an opponent for hit-or-miss players like Berdych and my fair odds is no more than 1.70 here."
ATP, Davis Cup and Grand Slam Main Draw Results
matchresults_yeartournamentcityetc.gif
2008 RUS v. CZE WG QF Russia Clay RR Davydenko 6-3 2-6 6-7(5) 6-3 1-2 RET
2007 ATP Masters Series Cincinnati OH, U.S.A. Hard R16 Davydenko 6-3 6-2 Stats
2007 Australian Open Australia Hard R16 Davydenko 5-7 6-4 6-1 7-6(5)
2006 Sydney Australia Hard R32 Davydenko 7-6(4) 6-3
2005 ATP Masters Series Canada Montreal, Canada Hard R32 Davydenko 5-7 6-1 6-3
2005 Stuttgart Germany Clay Q Davydenko 6-4 6-2
2005 Rotterdam The Netherlands Hard R16 Davydenko 7-6(8) 6-0

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov i m sorry mate i was busy, i didnt watch the match, so i dont know details however, as i said in other occasions, a tie break decider victory doesnt mean anything about the "walk in the park" victory tie break is always a part of the game, who is the winner that counts, remind you many tie breaks won by federer or nadal.. i wish you the best for your davydenko bet but i truly beleive that berdych will win :ok

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov DAVYDENKO @ 4.5 Blue Sq. Only price I can see at the moment and it looks way off. Davy looks to have brought the good stuff this week and has a great chance here. He beat Nadal in Miami earlier this year and this surface should be to his advantage. Nadal has had a couple of comfortable wins so far, but I'm not convinced, I don't think he looks too good this week.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Yes Mr.Intensity there's something going on here. When I woke I expected coeficients 5.00 or 6.00 for the russian, but it isn't the case. I also will pick Davydenko 3.20, because they are 1-1 at H2H on hard courts, looks Nikolay to be in form now, he simply left out watching Berdych yesterday. He's a good returner and Nadal's weak serve is a huge + for Davydenko. Murray 1.44 Everyone is talking about how good Nalbandian is on hardcourts, that he's better than Federer on hardcourts ( the guys didn't see Basel final I think ) and he's beaten Del Potro. Ok, Muray has beaten both guys this year either Del Potro or Federer. Murray is a very clever player I saw it very well yesterday. And he's huge at his new serve ( ala Sampras ) and I see it a straight win for Andy, but I'll bet for whole match. Roddick 1.72 The market went down from 1.80, so that's a good sign means most people give Andy the credit.Important reason for the bet - Tsonga has a pain in the left thigh. He took a break between set 2 and 3 for some therapy and the therapist was comming in every side change until the end of the set/match. Serve - the main big advantage for the Yankee. He is in a great form serving. Just like u would immagine Roddick in his best days. He did what? smth like 16-18 aces yesterday against Simon? And the Frenchy is a defender, reaching for the balls returning, hugely motivated to get enough points for Shanghai, etc. but was demolished, really totally outplayed by Roddick. They met 2 times and H2H is in Roddick advantage.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Agree on A-Rod:ok RODDICK @ 1.83 VC. This was pretty much 1.83 general last night and now there's just one piece left at VC and I'm willing to take it. Roddick is another guy who seems to have brought the good stuff this week, and has been impressive in beating Lopez and Simon. He seems to like the surface, getting quite a bit of pop on his serve and he was did well from the baseline against Simon. Tsonga has put in a couple of erratic but at times brilliant performances against Stepanek and Djokovic, and he's going to need more of that brilliance against Roddick. I just se Roddick as a solid here, 1.66 would be fair.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov congratulations for your davydenko bet:clap today, i will continue to back murray to win 2-0 price is 2.30 however, i go lower stakes, coz the return is much better today, but i will not cry at all if my bet lose coz of a 2-1 result few words about nalbandian this argie, in my opinion is normally 'bet against" kinda player, especially last 18 months..but but,,, there are some explosions from him, WITHOUT previous warnings, as happenned last year in both madrid and paris masters but i am happy personally, because i predicted his collapse during AO open! my scenario, is that david will start vey agressively the match, trying to upset murray by some strong attacking hits, but my answer here is that, murray is the BEST returner in the circuit, he will return all david shots, the argie will become nervous and unstable, starting to make silly unforced errors as usual, and some double faults! plus some stupid drop shots, hehe then murray will destroy him:hope 2-0 is my call @2.30 betfair BYE :ok

its little bit off topic but have to post it here. this is the main reason for karlovic's poor tennis lately. u have to say that u havent heard anything worst:lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZZ4kdUhYvU :spank:spank:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
all dead rappers are turning around in their graves...

Agree on A-Rod:ok RODDICK @ 1.83 VC. This was pretty much 1.83 general last night and now there's just one piece left at VC and I'm willing to take it. Roddick is another guy who seems to have brought the good stuff this week, and has been impressive in beating Lopez and Simon. He seems to like the surface, getting quite a bit of pop on his serve and he was did well from the baseline against Simon. Tsonga has put in a couple of erratic but at times brilliant performances against Stepanek and Djokovic, and he's going to need more of that brilliance against Roddick. I just se Roddick as a solid here, 1.66 would be fair.
totally agree, tsonga is very very unstable and to me was rather lucky in his last 2 games, and H2H si 2-0 to roddick so hope for some nice $$$:ok