** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov hello intensity thanks for opening the topic Querrey v Baghdatis banker-gift win for querrey odds are not correct at the moment, because there isnt market, but if odds for querrey goes above 1.7, then i will take it with max stakes marcos decided to play last wednsday, despite he warned everybody that he was thinking to withdraw the result we watched everybody; marcos in totall tennis mess, he was doing the one unforced error after the other, 33 in the match including 6 double faults, he was hitting the ball with reduced power, coz of the injury and the lacking of matches, after that match, marcos said was feeling bad because of the defeat, but huppy because of the miracle to finish the game! this time i dare to place the large single bet, because i very well know who querry is; i mean this american should give the battle even against healthy and in form marcos now, the circumstnces are generous to him, tis marcos at this very moment CANT do anything to avoid the defeat Sam Querrey to beat marcos baghdatis max confidence i describe marcos as the "santa marcus" he decided to offer an early christmas gift to all tennis punters he is bringing us the box gift, where inside writes :Querry to win, take it please" bye bye boys :lol:beer

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov 1-1 today in slight minus. Both are inconsistent at late, but Baghdatis is in really, really poor form. Sam Querrey should feel himself comfortable on his own serve and that gives him the advantage. 2.00 is a good price and taking in consideration that Baghdatis retired from 2 of his 3 last matches, I'm not sure the bet won't be returned to me. :loon

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Still waiting on some prices on the matches involving qualifiers. SEPPI @ 3.25 Skybet. This just feels like the type of match that I want to back Seppi in, and it definitely is the right type of price. He hasn’t got many results lately, but lost a couple of tight matches to Robredo and Simon which isn’t that bad. I’m not really a fan of Cilic, I don’t like his forehand and his serve is effective I don’t like the technique – and at times both of those shots really let him down. He lost to Kukushkin last week, and I know it was in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Russia but that’s still a pretty poor result. H2H is 3-1 to Seppi including a 5 set win in Davis Cup earlier this year. This should be close and I’ll take my chances with Seppi. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

LOPEZ @ 1.8 Skybet. This looks OK. Lopez has been playing well recently, he’s won 3 matches in each of his last 3 tournaments and gone out to Federer and Nadal in 2 of them. He’s posted several reasonable wins over Melzer, Ferrer, Wawrinka, Fish and Blake in those tournaments and just generally seems to be playing very well. Tipsarevic the enigma continues to confuse, he ran Murray very close last week but for me he remains one just to back at big odds. H2H is 2-0 to Lopez.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov totally agree on querrey as well , baghdatis was so out of form against granollers, if querrey plays dynamic a bit i strongly think baghda wont be able to follow querrey, odds have gone down by about 15% on querrey and i understand why.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov SAFIN @ 1.58 Pinnacle. Yes, I’m going over to the dark side. Safin has been really up and down lately, but at least has been getting some results and he is pretty decent here. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Monaco has been woeful this year and on a quick surface I really can’t see him coping with Safin. He came through qualifying but was a bit lucky getting a retirement against a young French guy then a 3 set win over Lapentti. I’d have Safin closer to 1.45 for this one.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov hello yves i stay rock on my initial decision to back queerry without any trading, because i beleive this is gonna finish 2-0 in favour of the american yesterday bghdatis in an intervew, said that "he was sure for the defeat to granollers BEFORE match start" also cleared, that he doesnt feel 100& fit, and he will play in paris without expecting much, he is looking only ahead in 2009 where he is planning to return in top another important factor is his serve, he said is impossible to find rythm in serve, coz he was out of trainings two weeks, and out of matches 4 months, as marcos said, if you are not play, and if you are not practicing hard every day, no chance to serve efficiently and at high percentage easy victory for american for me lets see. if marcos win, beleive me i will not a put a cent again on any tennis event, i will just remain spectator and watch it only for pleasure as was doing many many years before betting invaded i our lifes :ok:notworthy

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov

hello yves i stay rock on my initial decision to back queerry without any trading, because i beleive this is gonna finish 2-0 in favour of the american yesterday bghdatis in an intervew, said that "he was sure for the defeat to granollers BEFORE match start" also cleared, that he doesnt feel 100& fit, and he will play in paris without expecting much, he is looking only ahead in 2009 where he is planning to return in top another important factor is his serve, he said is impossible to find rythm in serve, coz he was out of trainings two weeks, and out of matches 4 months, as marcos said, if you are not play, and if you are not practicing hard every day, no chance to serve efficiently and at high percentage easy victory for american for me lets see. if marcos win, beleive me i will not a put a cent again on any tennis event, i will just remain spectator and watch it only for pleasure as was doing many many years before betting invaded i our lifes :ok:notworthy
yes i agree with everything you said, but it feels like you ve written such a long message to re-assure yourself about your pick lol :lol , i am joking, i have gone very high stake on him as well, i do agree for having watched both players recently, specially baghdatis very bad form, i just hope querrey will not have a bad day, as long as he keeps his strong serve i think it will be all good for us :ok good luck all !!

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Seppi served for the first set but fecked it up then double faulted at 5-5 in the tiebreak and imploded:lol:lol:lol SCHUETTLER @ 2.75 totesport. I thought about this last night, decided to leave it, but now I fancy it again. Just still a lot of concerns over Ancic's health, and it's just tough to see him 100% here. Since Wimbledon he lost first round in Toronto, pulled out of Cincinatti with an illness then didn't return until Davis Cup in September where he played 1 rubber. The indoor season hasn't gone well either, having to pull out of Stockholm with Broncitis and Fever then losing first round of St Petersburg to Chardy. Schuettler has been playing pretty solid stuff lately, just winning quite a few matches and generally losing to quality. At this sort of price got to fancy the guy in better shape.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Had my biggest bet of the year on Querry. Thought your assessment of the match was spot on AM. Thr first set was a bit of a concern but Querry came through in the end. Not counting my chickens yet, but even if it goes to a 3rd set I think fitness will be the deciding factor.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov during tie break in 2nd set, querrey was 3-0 with 2 serve balls, odds on him were about 1.03, he then lost 4 in a row and 2nd set was won by baghdatis, while watching it i wanted to puke

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Hi guys, following bets for today and tomorrow: ATP TOUR, PARIS LOPEZ TO D TIPSAREVIC @ 1.73 at willhill Lopez was SF last week in Basel, QF in Madrid a week ago and SF in Vienna a week earlier. Tipsarevic had below average indoor form. The H2H is 2:0 to Lopez. KOHLSCHREIBER TO D YOUZHNY @ 1.61 at betfair Youzhny is struggling with neck injury and with his form since Olympics - losing to Gabashvili, Zverev and Nieminen in the last weeks. The H2H is 3:0 to KOHLSCHREIBER who has a good indoor season. WTA TOUR, QUEBEC WOZNIAK TO D GALLOVITS @ 1.35 at betfair Wozniak had a great season and is a home favorite. Gallovits, who is mainly a clay court player is losing to everybody lately.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Got the bet from Querrey-Baghdatis returned and decided to bet on Schuettler, who was simply disappointing against Ancic in third set. The German couldn't simply cope with the breakpoints and made a tone of unfforced errors.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov One more play to add for tonight..... MATHIEU @ 2.72 Betfair. When this market opened I thought the 2.20 was about right for Mathieu so this looks very tasty. It looks like people having a bad day lumping on a fav but I'd give Mathieu a very good chance here. He was good in Metz but then had a few poor weeks and there has been a bit of a lack of effort shown from him. but in Paris, you'd think this is a place where he could make a push and he has played pretty well here before. Andreev I've watched a few times lately and I don't think he's playing that well. H2H is 2-2 with Mathieu winning both matches indoors and think he can keep that run going.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Well that was close to my worst day of the year:$:$:$ ROBREDO @ 2.01 Pinnacle. Match up here between a couple of Spaniards struggling for form. Verdasco got a few wins last week but for me he's definately lost the 'edge' he had a few weeks ago. Mentally he seems to be pretty much done for the season and I see Tommy knocking him out here. Robredo hasn't been doing too well lately, but got through in a couple of tiebreaks against French hope Chardy in the first round, and has a solid record here the past few years. The surface here should suit him and because of that I make him a small fav. TROICKI @ 1.8 Stan James. This looks like a really solid price. Ljubicic missed the US hardcourt season with a back problem and has really struggled on his return. He's lost 3 first rounds, failed to qualify in Madrid and has come through qualifying here. He beat Canas in final qualifying, but the Argentine is so off at the moment I don't rate that win at all. Ljubicic's serve just seems to nothing like what it was a couple of years ago, and on the slow courts here you've got to expect him to struggle. Troicki has been doing OK recently, without a spectacular tournament result, but still I think he's playing pretty well. He can through qualifying getting wins over Belgians Vliegen (by retirement) and O Rochus and I think he's a solid fav here. I'd have him closer to 1.60. TURSUNOV @ 6.8 Pinnacle. Worth a shot? I think so at this price. Tursunov was very good in Metz a few weeks back, but has struggled since then with an arm/shoulder injury. He looked better in the first round here and I think he could like this surface. He's the type that should be able to hit through it and I think he's going to cause Djokovic a lot of problems. Djokovic was poor in Madrid, first against Hanescu who had to retire then against Karlovic who beat him in two tie breaks. I don't think Djokovic is really up for this part of the season, and rememeber his poor effort here last year against Santoro? Waiting to see what price I can get on Lopez:tongue2

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov LOPEZ @ 2.87 bet365. This looks quite an appealing price for Lopez, who as I keep saying is simply playing well at the moment. He got a solid win over Tipsarevic yesterday and should come into this with some decent confidence. Roddick hasn't looked that good to me recently, even taking the title in Beijing he had a lot of problems during the tournament. He's lost close matches to Berdych, Monfils and Soderling since then and I think he could be a victim of Lopez too. Yesterday the Lopez since looked very effective on this surface and he should be very effective with that shot in this match. H2H is 4-0 to Roddick, but the last meeting in Dubai earlier this year was close, and I just don't think Roddick's at that level at the moment.

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov

I really can't stand such players like Baghdatis. When everything goes OK they play and can't feel "the pain". But when something goes wrong (like 5th game in 3rd set) they don't want to play because they "suffer pain"... :eyes
players dont have the logic of a fu*cked up gambler they play for other reasons i am not willing to teach you basic things, but BE SURE, they dont play because you or anybody else bet the result

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov my only bet for second round Murray to beat Querrey 2-0 @1.33 this is banker in my eyes i watched querret yesterday against baghdatis the guy was so poor, icouldnt beleive in my eyes baghdatis with 35 unforced errors, plus 8 double faults, with only 51% first serve, was going to BEAT him, if not the pain, and my friend here was going to lose his money, as my self also Murray a tennis machine, in life's form, unthinkable for me, this weak american to cause him any problem sam querrey, is a bad bad copy of roddick; big serve and then nothing, if you return his serve, the guy is finished, no real weapon to fight against murray, i predict walk around the park victory for andy 2-0, mt full bank goes there, maximum confidence

Re: ATP Paris & WTA Quebec 26th Oct - 2nd Nov Marcos said to l'equipe newspaper:« Je souffre d'une hernie discale depuis le tournoi de Metz. Aujourd'hui, j'ai ressenti une douleur aigüe au dos pendant le troisième set. Ca ne servait à rien de prendre le risque d'aggraver la blessure. Les médecins m'avaient déjà conseillé de ne pas venir jouer à Paris», a expliqué le Chypriote. Alors pourquoi venir disputer le Masters Series parisien ? «J'aime bien ce tournoi, je m'y sens bien. L'Arena est magnifique, sans doute une des plus belles du circuit. J'ai plein de potes et ma famille, donc j'avais envie de jouer», a confié le demi-finaliste de l'an passé, malheureux vaincu d'un match épique face à Rafael Nadal. La saison dernière, le chouchou du public parisien jouait à Paris sa qualification au Masters. Cette année, handicapé par de nombreuses blessures (cheville, poignet, dos), Baghdatis est retombé au 59e rang mondial et n'a pu disputer que 26 matches (14 victoires, 12 défaites). Après une semaine de vacances bien méritées, lui et son coach Peter Lundgren «avec lequel tout se passe très bien», se remettront au boulot pour 2009. «Ma saison a été ratée, c'est sûr. C'est comme ça, c'est la vie, ça arrive à beaucoup de joueurs. Celui qui est fort, il réussit à gérer ce genre de choses ensuite. C'est cela que je dois essayer de faire.» Marcos said:« Iam suffering from a slipped disc since the tournament of Metz. Today, I had a sharp pain at the back during the third set. I didn't want to take any risks. The doctors had already advised me not to come to play Parisâ€, explained the Cypriot . Then why he come to Paris tournament? « I love this tournament and I feel very good with this. The Arena is splendid, undoubtedly one of most beautiful of the circuit. I have many friends and my family there therefore I wanted to play », said the semifinalist of last year's tournament lost to an epic match vs Nadal. Last season, Marcos played Paris to qualify to The Masters. This year, handicapped by many wounds (ankle, wrist, back), Baghdatis fell down to the 59e world rank and only played 26 matches (14 victories, 12 defeats). After one week of well deserved holidays, he and his coach Peter Lundgren “with who all occurs very wellâ€, will go back to the job for 2009. “My season was missed, that is sure. That is the life and that happens to many players. That who is strong, he succeeds in managing this type of things then. That is what I must try to do.†i translated from the "equipe" cheers boys:ok