World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Poland v CR is a match bookies just can't price up - some of them have Poland as favourites, some have the Czech Republic as favourites. I would like to hear some info from the Polish camp as "officially" they don't care about the current mess in the Polish football and will concentrate on the match, BUT with even a threat that Poland will be deprived of the statute of organisers on next EURO and also with the open fight between UEFA and the Polish FA, I guess there should be some unrest and maybe even lack of motivation. The Czech squad looks OK, albeit not perfect, but there is some hope Baros may find the net as he is a reborn striker after the arrival in Turkey. I'd say the best bet would be to lay Poland, but the price seems a tad higher than I expected on BF - 3.05 (BDQ the same), while they are as low as 2.5 with some bookies.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12

Luxembourg beat switzertland away from home in the last matches - Israel at 1/4 is a complete nonesense and is to be avoided IMO, or more interestingly Luxembourg on AH could throw up a decent bet. Incidentally, how is group 2 so weak in terms of top teams ? how did that come out the hat ? England, Ukraine and Croatia all managed to be in the same group and Id reckon any of the 3 would piss group 2. Or Scotlands group for Euro qualifiers last time out - managed to get France, Italy and Ukraine all in with Scotland !! :unsure
My thoughts too, I already took hosts at + 1,75 at 1,75 both as a single and in a combo. An Israel win is very probable, but can't see it with some great margin...

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Im looking at Hungary Vs Albania. Is there any reason why Albania are $7.00? Looking on wikipedia, Albanians seem much better squad with the likes of Lorik Cana, Bogdani etc.. Hungary with out Captain Gera too? Hrmm... something i dont know?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Anyone have any thoughts on the georgia-cyprus game? Cyprus is not a bad team while georgia have lost both there games including againts Ireland at home.Cyprus looks pretty good at 3.25 for win.Anyone have news on the lineups?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Think I'll play the handicaps this weekend in a coupla the games. Wales -2 look good as do England -3 even though the price looks a little skinny at EVS for the latter. Wales are without Earnshaw, Eastwood and Ledley this weekend but the return of Bellamy more than makes up for that. Vokes looks a good prospect as does the boy Evans (is he in the seniors or 21's?) and they really should have enough to win by 3 or more. England will be on a high but I agree with the view that Kazakhstan may prove to be stubborn and will almost certainly come for damage limitation. It's all down to getting two goals in quick succession. I dont think they need to get a an early goal necessarily, but if they were to score a coupla goals within 5 minutes of each other they'll cruise home. At 6/4 and EVS with Hills it's worth a tenner of my money.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Turkey-Bosnia Turkey has many injuries and the offansive squad is mostly changed beside the midfielders. I never trust Halil + Mevlut + 'Young' Batuhan to score on this game. I know that our guns will be our midfielders like Arda / Yusuf. They might score on this game. So this will be a good bet as I wish. Yusuf has top technical skills and will show his best assists on this match. Without Hamit Altintop , our defense block will be a little weak but Our super defender Mehmet Aurelio is back so I don't think that Bosnia will score so easily. I am not thnking an over in this match. Turkey will win this game, but because of the squad is change; I don't advise big steaks on this match..

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Hi all; Yeah, I'm around.. and analysing the games. Thank you all for your eagerness. As you may know, this is the last round of the 2nd stage groups, so it's a bit tricky. These qualifiers are complicated enough for Einstein to ponder on. 1st, the top teams qualify (12). Then the best 8 runners-up, but the "best" 8 are decided after disregarding the bottom team results. In Europe it's ofetn easy to spot a bottom team ina 7 nations group. However, in a 4 nations group you don't even know who's bottom until the last day in many groups, so we are left with a couple of million "if - then" s :\ So let me try with the "known facts" first..

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 9: This group has been decided already, so both games are just to complete the numbers. Burkina Faso is top with 13 pts, and Tunisia 2nd (and qualified) with 10 pts. Bottom team; Seychelles (0 pts) plays in Tunis, which is a banker home win, not because Tunisia are any good (they're not) but because the visitors are extremely poor. Burundi hosts Burkina Faso, and given it's as good as a friendly, I believe a "pass" is the best option. Verdict: Tunisia to win is only good for accy's (very poor odds)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 8: Ethiopia got suspended by FIFA, so all their games have been cancelled. Now Rwnada are top with 9 pts, followed by Morocco with 6 pts. The only game remaining is Morocco vs Mauritania, and knowing Morocco won in Nouakchott 4-1 it's easy to see this is another banker (for accys). Nauritania scored once and conceded 8 in the previous 2 games (and lost both cancelled games vs Ethiopia as well). Both Morocco & Rwanda will be qualified. Verdict: Morocco to win (only good for accys)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 12: Only Egypt qualified so far (and guaranteed top spot). Malawi will have 3 pts (after disregarding the 2 wins over Djibouti) and DR Congo the same. However, a draw is in DR Congo's favour because their 3 pts have been aqcuired through a 1-0 home win over Malawi. Recently, Malawi playe a friendly against South Africa, and Bafana Bafana won it by 3-0. This was shock to me and I -thus- am considering the away win, although it's a bit risky. Egypt will beat Djibouti hands down. The attacking duo will probably be Zaki and Mido (both appeared in very good shape in the training) although I won't believe it till I see it, since Shehata always insisted on playing Met'eb (and for no obvious reason, may I add). Either way, any English Conference squad can take care of this Djibouti side whom have only won ONCE in their entire history (a home game vs Somalia in the 1st round of these qualifiers). Verdict: Egypt to win is another banker only good for accys. If you have the heart, put a small stake on DR Congo to beat Malawi. If not, skip it.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 4: Nigeria are far and away with the top spot with 15 pts (the only 100% record in these qualifiers). They host 2nd placed Sierra Leone (7 pts). South Africa on 4 pts and already disqualified travels to Equatorial Guinea (3 pts). Now the game in Eq. Guinea is tricky. They win and South Africa becomes bottom team. However, a draw keeps Eq. Guinea bottom. This only affects Sierra Leone though, since Eq. Guinea's will still be on 3 pts after disregarding South Africa's results in the 1st scenario. Sierra Leone aqcuired 4 pts vs. South Africa and 3 vs Eq. Guinea. They desperately need a win in Nigeria to guarantee progress. Anything less and they're most probably disqualified. Verdict: Leaning towards 2 home wins, but would rather skip both games.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 1: Cameroon qualified with 13 pts, while Mauritius are guarantee rock bottom spot. This leaves Cape Verde with only 3 pts (disregarding the 2 wins over Mauritius) and a tricky vsist to Tanzania (where Cameroon dropped 2 pts). Eventhough the Tanzanians are already out, it's pretty hard for anyone to beat them at their own pitch, thus a draw is likely in Dar Es Salam. needless to say Cameroon are likely winners at home vs Mauritius. Verdict: Cameroon to win is a good bet, but with very bad odds. Tanzania - Cape Verde to draw to be taken as single bet with small stakes.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 3: Benin are qualified with 12 pts. Uganda with 7 pts (-2 goals) are 2n while Angola with 7 pts (+1 goals) are 3rd. Don't get confused though.. Uganda won at home and drew at Angola, which is what counts if they end up level on points. Uganda will be hosting Benin, and a win takes them to the final stage, while Angola hosting Niger and need to win and hope Benin will hold Uganda. This is a perfect example of the mess CAF runs it's qualifiers in. If 4th teams results are neither considered for 2nd place nor in runners-up comparison, why are they even included? Uganda do not lose at home. They even managed to beat Nigeria in the road to Ghana in Kampala, so they are likely winners over Benin, and Angola will probably go South Africa's route (i.e. no official games before they host CAN 2010). Verdict: Single bet on Uganda to beat Benin. Angola to win over Niger is not worth backing.

Turkey-Bosnia Turkey has many injuries and the offansive squad is mostly changed beside the midfielders. I never trust Halil + Mevlut + 'Young' Batuhan to score on this game. I know that our guns will be our midfielders like Arda / Yusuf. They might score on this game. So this will be a good bet as I wish. Yusuf has top technical skills and will show his best assists on this match. Without Hamit Altintop , our defense block will be a little weak but Our super defender Mehmet Aurelio is back so I don't think that Bosnia will score so easily. I am not thnking an over in this match. Turkey will win this game, but because of the squad is change; I don't advise big steaks on this match..
yeah im gonna put on a few burgers and fillets instead, keep it simple

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 11: A 3 teams group, meaning every game counts, thus Zambia on 7 pts are qualified. The remaining game sees Togo (3 pts) hosting Swaziland (4 pts), an with Togo being an irreliable squad even at home, there's no reason to risk money on them. Swaziland are also poor travellers, so keep your money in your pocket. Verdict: No bet

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Nigeria - Sierra Leone Nigeria won SIerra Leone away 0-1.Nigeria are team with much experience in African football they have alot of players that play in Europe and they have one of the strongest team in Africa.Nigeria is clar favorite in this game and it will be easy win for Nigeria.Home win. Argentina - Uruguay Argentina in last 4 games played all draw.In last game they draw with Peru 1-1.In last game home they draw with Paraguay 1-1.in other side Uruguay in last game draw with Ecuador home 0-0.Argentina make big suprises and i think that in this game there is no place for another mistake.Argentina are big favorite they have grate team and they are one of the best teams in south america.I think that this game is clar home win for Argentina.Home win Turkey - Bosnia-Herzegov Turkey are currently in 2nd position while they have take 4 points from 2 matches played. Last match for Turkey was against Belgium at home, it was really dissapointing and unexpected that draw for Turkey. Bosnia-Herzegov are currently in 4th position while they have take 3 points from 2 matches played. Last match for Bosnia-Herzegov was 7-0 against Estonia and it was a match that Bosnia-Herzegov have deserved that result and maybe more. Turkey after the last draw need to see the future and to not loose any chance at this match. I expekt clearly home win. Hungary - Albania X2 Under 3.5 Under 2.5 Under 1.5 Hungary are currently in 5th position while they have take only 1 points from 2 matches played. Last match for Hungary was that lost against Sweden away (2-1). Albania are currently in 1st position while they have take 4 points from 2 matches played. They have take 1 points from Sweden at home (0-0) 3 points from Malta again at home (3-0). Albania have some talented players but to remember is the defense, they cant concede more than one goal even from "big" teams. I expekt that Albania will be in defense all the time and maybe in the last minutes will risk with some young players. I expekt a tight match that we will not see more than 1 goals. Slovenia - Northern Ireland Under 2.5 Slovenia are currently in 2nd position while they have take 4 points from 2 matches played. Last match for Slovenia was that win against Slovakia at home (2-1), we have see that Slovenia will try with all the cost to take something from this preliminary World Cup. Northern Ireland are currently in 5th position while they have take only 1 points from 2 matches played. Last match for Northern Ireland was that dramatic draw against Czech (0-0). I see this match hard to score and trying to not concede any goals, like always Northern Ireland have done. England - Kazakhstan England to win to null and over 3 goals England here of course is the winner, i simply cant expect any great surprises. Kazakhstan score 3 at home against Andorra and one against ukraine, but in this match i think there will be no goals from them. I go here for England to win to null and over 3 goals. Finland - Azerbadjan Finland and Russia are with match in hand and now Finland to get ot the top of the table. After 3-3 against Germany this match will eb very interesting and i expect the home team to be very motivate. The guest are outsiders and hardly will be big difficulty for the home team here. Home win. Scotland - Norway One very hard for predicting mathc in my opinion but i hope to choose the right thing. Scotland is very strong team and i dont want to say that Norway are weak team, but in my opinion here this match is for the home. Denmark - Malta 1 ( AH ) Here good training for Denmark which is topping the table after 3-2 win over Portugal. Here i will only bet on home win with -3 AH. Sweden - Potugal Both teams to score Both teams are good but Portugal have something that Sweden's team dont have. Portugal have great young boys and i think they are capable of getting something from here but i will go for both teams to score here. Holland - Iceland Iceland is in very bad condition now, with the players and the country has problems. Dutch team have very good young people who showed big talent. I here can only go for home win. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope This weekend favourite teams have small odds. It is good also to bet them in HANDICAP. All to win: England minus 2 to win Kazakhstan Slovakia minus 2 to win San marino Denmark minus 2 to win Malta Greece minus 1 to win Moldova:hope And also the following teams to win to nil. Greece England Slovakia Spain. :hope Over goals in the following matches England vs Kazakhstan Wales vs Liechtenstein Denmark vs Malta Turkey vs Bosnia:hope Scotland - Norway A very interesting and tough game is expected here. Norway is very poor lately though the team manages to get nice results away from home. Scotland however has a good home record and i think the hosts will be better here. Both teams have injury problems but from what ive found in the news Norway will miss more important players the Scotland. Most probably Skjelbreid, Andresen & Moa will not play for the visitors. Moreover, there are doubts around John Carew and the centre-back Reginussen. Most probably Kenny Miller, Kris Commons and Kevin Thomson will not play for Scotland. A tough game and i expect a home win by 1 or 2 goals. Bulgaria - Italy When i first saw the odds for an away win here my reaction was WTF?! Then i searched the net for some fresh news about the italian team and found they will miss some important players like Bufon, Pirlo, Camoranesi , Del Piero and we will see some freshmen instead of them. Italian defence will look very different from what we are used to see and this may turn good for the bulgarians. Everyone in Bulgaria is talking about a miracle and maybe it will happen. I think there will be no better chance for Berbatov, M.Petrov(who is back after an injury), S. Petrov and company to get some good result for the national team of Bulgaria. Italy's performance went down in the last years but i still cant imagine they can fail against the bulgarians - a draw is maximum the hosts can take i think. I will be very happy if we win but i dont think we have the skills to do this. Estonia - Spain 2 ( AH ) Last time Estonia was trashed 0-7 at Bosnia and now they meet the winner of EURO 2008 - Spain. As we all know the spanish have awesome attack power that is able to crush any defence. I dont expect the same result - something more moderate, someting like 0-3. It will be all about class difference here and should be an easy away win. :drums:drums:drums :cheers to ALL !!!:ok

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 7: Cote d'Ivoire still need a poit to guarantee top spot. Losing at home will cost them the summit, but they will still qualify on 7 pts anyway (they drew all 3 away games). The visitors (Madagascar) desperately need a win here. They have 6 pts with both Mozambique & Botswana on 5 pts each. Talk about mission impossible. Botswana hosts Mozambique, but the home side are disqualified anyhow. Even if they do win an madagascar doesn't, 6 of their 8 pts will have been earned against the -then- bottom side, Mozambique. The visitors, however, will have a very slim chance if they can win, as they will be on 5 pts in the runners-up race. 6 pts is most likely the least a team can qualify with -according to current standings), so the Ivoirians will probably be the only team to progress from this group. Cote d'Ivoire odds just put me off. They're likely to win, but it's not worth a punt. Anything can happen in the other game. verdict: No Bet on BOTH games.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 5: Lesotho are the guaranteed bottom team with no points. Libya travel to Gabon with the draw sealing their qualification as the top team, while Gabon need to win to qualify instead. Ghana -of course- will have an easy task against lesotho, but let it not fool you into staking much on it. Lesotho scored only 2 goals in these qualifiers, and they wer against Ghana in the home game. Verdict: Ghana to win is not worth backing (low odds) while gabon v Libya is too tough a game to predict. (Probable home win, but a draw is not unlikely either)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 The three remaining groups have all strings wriggled, and could feature major upsets. The most straight forward of which is Group 10: Mali on 9 pts and at home to Chad (6 pts) looks like an easy home win, although Chad did sting me in the game vs Sudan. Even a draw will see Mali progress, but not necessarily as the top team. Sudan (6 pts) host Congo (9 pts) in a decessive game. Obviously only a win will do for Sudan, while a draw is perfect for Gabon. Fortubately for the Sudanese, they only lost 0-1 in Congo, but are 3 goals behind their gusts, which means they need to win by 2 to leapfrog Congo. Very few bookies offer any handicapped bets on African games, so if yours does take Sudan to win by 2 or more. If not, I'd settle for 2 home wins in this group. (Congo lost 2-4 in Mali and 1-2 in Chad). Verdict: 2 Home wins, but Sudan is to be taken as a single bet.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 6: The only "known" here is that Liberia are the bottom team (2 pts). Currently Algeria are top with 9 pts, and they play Liberia away, while Senegal (8 pts) will host Gambia (8 pts). 0-0 was the result in Gambia, and Gambia are 1 goal better than Senegal (overall) so any draw is in Gambia's favour. Even if Algeria loses, they will progress on goal difference (in case the other two draw), so the real battle is in Dakkar, and -frankly- I'm not willing to back Senegal anytime anywhere. I'm predicting a major upset (Senegal draw at home to Gambia and get disqualifie). Algeria are not the best of travellers, but Liberia have only managed draws agaisnt both Gambia and Senegal, so it's probably another draw in Monrovia. Verdict: betting wise, keep your money in your pocket. If you want to risk some, the raw in Monrovia woul be my advice.

yeah im gonna put on a few burgers and fillets instead' date=' keep it simple[/quote'] Steaks or burgers, the guy clearly contributed to the thread, with first - hand info from Turkey. This isn't a TOEFL exam but a betting forum where we share. Don't see your picks though....

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Group 2: Kenya with 10 pts are qualified, but Guinea must win at home to accompany them. If not, then they will be runners-up at best, and only a miracle (Namibia to beat Zimbawe by 3 or more) will help them, as they drew both games vs Zimbabwe and lost in Kenya (i.e. 6 pts won vs current bottom team; Namibia will be scrapped). Namibia are out and play only for pride, eventhough they gave Kenya a hard time the last time out (Kenya won 1-0 in Nairobi). Zimbabwe though are no better as they will be on 3 pts if they end up in 2nd spot (after scrapping Namibia's results). This can only happen if they win in Namibia and Kenya win Guinea at the same time. Kenya almost never win away though, but Guinea often fall in the draw trap at home (Zimbabwe, Namibia, Gambia and Algeria managed draws in Conakry in the last 25 months). For safety, I'm not recommending a bet on these two games either, although -personally- I might be tempted to put a little on the draw in both games (or either). Verdict: No Bet

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Love those Borat special bets. But be careful if you're going for the "Borat to be mentioned" bet.(the 5/2 on offer for first 15mins is gone, its into 2/1 now) The small print says "If it is said before match, at half-time or after match then it will not count" I think it'll be said before kick-off. Wish they would price that up.

Poland v CR is a match bookies just can't price up - some of them have Poland as favourites' date=' some have the Czech Republic as favourites. I would like to hear some info from the Polish camp as "officially" they don't care about the current mess in the Polish football and will concentrate on the match, BUT with even a threat that Poland will be deprived of the statute of organisers on next EURO and also with the open fight between UEFA and the Polish FA, I guess there should be some unrest and maybe even lack of motivation. The Czech squad looks OK, albeit not perfect, but there is some hope Baros may find the net as he is a reborn striker after the arrival in Turkey. I'd say the best bet would be to lay Poland, but the price seems a tad higher than I expected on BF - 3.05 (BDQ the same), while they are as low as 2.5 with some bookies.[/quote'] Poland's first two group matches have been disastrous. In my opinion Leo Beenhakker has completly lost the plot at some point. Tomorrow's starting 11 will most probably feature many players who are not playing on regular basis (Lewandowski, Dudka, Smolarek) or not playing at all (Krzynowek - I have no idea how a player, who doesn't have a place on the bench in his own club can be called up and start the game! I have really lost all the respect for Krzynowek - he should be the first to say that he's not in the form to represent the country). Back to the game. Czech Republic are favourites for me - Poland only has goalkeepers who could play for top European clubs and Blaszczykowski. All other players are just like our FA -:puke. The players will be motivated but they can't play football and are at least a class below Czechs. My money will be on Czech Republic - I just don't know yet if I'm going to go for straight win or DNB. Depends on the starting 11 that Beenhakker is going to choose.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 my picks for now, need to finalize em yet! good stack on schotland 2.0 ukraine - croatie under = 1.6 (like serbia ... urkaine open football but croatia one block wont concede too much and counter) serbia - lithuainia under = 1.75 (serbia is very often under! they will win imo but it seems like an under to me) bulgaria italy under = 1.6 (both teams not attacking lords ;)) romania - france france to win 2.15 ... if this would be a tournament ea the odds would be lower! on tallent must take the upper hand but only problem is france's form! germany - russia! russia pays 4.4 which aint bad! and is the NT struggling perfomances of bayern players lately? also thinking to put under or over on this one! not sure yet! belgium - armenia 1.75 (belgium's weak defence and attractive play lately and aremenia not so tough imo) holland-iceland under 3.5 -3.5 1.55 is a good odd! holland will win 1-0 2-0 i guess! not brilliant lately with new coach! estland-spain + 2.5 1.55 which is not bad! spain lately scores a lot! players like villa torres etc! cheers!

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Scotland and Germany are my two value picks for today. Scotland has been talked about already by plenty of people so we'll leave that alone. Germany looks good value to me, Russia flattered to device in Euro 2008 and when the chips were down, the germans ground out the results and made the final. It's a must win match for them and I expect them to get home 2-0

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 11/12 Hello I'm from Bulgaria and I don't think It'll be a surprise if we win the game against Italy. The tickets has been sold out for ...a couple of hours ...the stadium will be full up to the top. For our team this game will be "now or never" . It's the first time ...that it's coming a present world champion ...since ...I don't know ...may be never ! So ...this stakes 4.00 ...and higher are looking very good for me! I saw some of you gonna play Serbia on under ...why not straight away win for Lithuania on 6.00 , 6.50 it looks very tempting too. And in finish I'd say ...do not underestimate Russia , this clear home win for Germany may turn on something very unclear for some one. Russia did it on the Euro a couple of times ...They can do it again ... Best of luck to you all ! :ok:ok:ok:cheers:hope

Poland's first two group matches have been disastrous. In my opinion Leo Beenhakker has completly lost the plot at some point. Tomorrow's starting 11 will most probably feature many players who are not playing on regular basis (Lewandowski' date=' Dudka, Smolarek) or not playing at all (Krzynowek - I have no idea how a player, who doesn't have a place on the bench in his own club can be called up and start the game! I have really lost all the respect for Krzynowek - he should be the first to say that he's not in the form to represent the country). Back to the game. Czech Republic are favourites for me - Poland only has goalkeepers who could play for top European clubs and Blaszczykowski. All other players are just like our FA -:puke. The players will be motivated but they can't play football and are at least a class below Czechs. My money will be on Czech Republic - I just don't know yet if I'm going to go for straight win or DNB. Depends on the starting 11 that Beenhakker is going to choose.[/quote'] Cheers - will wait for the line-ups as well. Don't expect many goals, but the lay of Poland (ie x2) still looks the best option in this one.;)

Hello I'm from Bulgaria and I don't think It'll be a surprise if we win the game against Italy. The tickets has been sold out for ...a couple of hours ...the stadium will be full up to the top. For our team this game will be "now or never" . It's the first time ...that it's coming a present world champion ...since ...I don't know ...may be never ! So ...this stakes 4.00 ...and higher are looking very good for me! I saw some of you gonna play Serbia on under ...why not straight away win for Lithuania on 6.00 , 6.50 it looks very tempting too. And in finish I'd say ...do not underestimate Russia , this clear home win for Germany may turn on something very unclear for some one. Russia did it on the Euro a couple of times ...They can do it again ... Best of luck to you all ! :ok:ok:ok:cheers:hope
:welcome Welcome glimbo, Just a quick point here. In your words it won't be a surprise if Bulgaria wins, with Lithuania on top of that away to Serbia, plus you are expecting Russia to get something from Germany? A bit brave... Markov is only good to manage local clubs, looking at his choice in defence is a proof he is scared to take any chances - all familiar names, who at their best might get a couple of years away in a second division German club, not to mention the goalkeeper, who must have got a video with the ''best'' of Seaman and Robinson at home. A lot of effort from the midfield will be wasted to help these guys, which either means tight game or Bulgarians very tired after 70 mins of play, or both. In any case the chances of fast, one-touch attacks will be limited, as this time it won't be an enthusiastic team like Montenegro, it will be Italy...I can give a dozen of examples in the past 10 years - Bulgaria plays very well when attacked. An open play vs Italy is suicide. The thing is Italians won't rush either. I would love to see Bulgaria winning, it is football, but the draw is the best this team should hope for... Serbia is my mistery team in Europe, some great players as usual, who only perform well when back's against the wall or when there's extra motivation. Losing to France was no shame and they had some fine moments there. Lithuania already sent a warning and I don't think the Serbs will come out for a walk today. In fact 1,60 for hosts looks more fair and attractive to me than 1,72 for Germany. As of Russia - no bet to me. In the words of the German Manager no other team switches faster from defence to attack than Russia. He must have forgotten Spain, wonder why ;), but he is right... Good luck in Sofia