Yet more hand advice required (Omaha)

DM99

This Omaha SNG now gone: Full Tilt Poker Game #8068924112: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (61369384), Table 1 - 100/200 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 10:00:25 ET - 2008/09/14 Seat 1: pok3rfriendly (8,572) Seat 6: HERO (2,318) Seat 9: grebor (2,610) HERO posts the small blind of 100 grebor posts the big blind of 200 The button is in seat #1 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to HERO [4c Td 7d Kd] pok3rfriendly folds HERO calls 100 grebor checks *** FLOP *** [9h Qd Js] HERO bets 200 grebor calls 200 *** TURN *** [9h Qd Js] [8d] HERO bets 400 grebor calls 400 *** RIVER *** [9h Qd Js 8d] [3d] HERO bets 800 grebor raises to 1,810, and is all in HERO calls 718, and is all in Uncalled bet of 292 returned to grebor *** SHOW DOWN *** grebor shows [6d Jh Ad Ah] a flush, Ace high I flopped the nut straight with a backdoor second nut flush draw. I have no idea what the hell this guy was drawing to on a terrifying flop like that! I believe in low buy in SNGs that the people on there will push with a pair of aces. Could I have done anything differently?

Re: Yet more hand advice required (Omaha) Well you can't go allin on the flop playing Pot Limit Hornet but I would have bet the pot. If the opponent calls you then shove on the turn and if he hits so be it. You played this hand terribly and should have check called the river.

Re: Yet more hand advice required (Omaha)

Well you can't go allin on the flop playing Pot Limit Hornet but I would have bet the pot. If the opponent calls you then shove on the turn and if he hits so be it. You played this hand terribly and should have check called the river.
:sadNote to self, read the f****** question!!!

Re: Yet more hand advice required (Omaha) That's such a simple thing that totally slipped my mind! :puke One of the advantages of playing pot-limit is the ability to control the size of the pot and so the amount you need to call. He just donked along, calling my nut straight until my second nut flush kicked in and then he turned over the Ad which was a shock. I dont think I could have gotten away from it with the nuts and second nuts the whole hand.

Re: Yet more hand advice required (Omaha) yeah i agree with the check call on the river,it might not have helped in this situation but as everyone else has said deeper stacked it might be a big difference. i might have played it similar to you on the flop as i would have wanted to build the pot for later but maybe not scare them off. you were pretty unlucky tho as hitting the 2nd nut flush backdoor would have been difficult to lay down unless your very deep stacked.