Haydock 9/8/08

Tip Detail
SportHorse Racing
EventHaydock 14:35
SelectionMultidimensional
Strength8/10
Date09/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningFancy this horse to go in today, Ran a cracking race 2 runs ago in the Hardwicke Stakes where he was done on the line by Macarthur, Not so good last run in the Eclipse but he has more than enough ability to take this race.

Re: Haydock 9/8/08 2.35 Multidimensional 11/8 bog 15 pts Class act in this field for me, often highly thought after a group win on softer a couple of years back and had disrupted campaign last season but even still hinted at ability and arguably bit unlucky in champion stakes, this season returned to form at asc over longer when just pulled in late to deny group 2 win, lto went off too quick so im ignoring that and besides looks the class act here. Perks 6/1 bog 7.5 pts e.w Decent handicapper, routed good field on favoured soft ground at don earlier, collection was behind amongst others, since then has run ok at times in all the big handicaps but has never really had favoured ground which he may get today and at an increased trip that should suit, certainly on staying on evidence lto ii should and clear palce chance at least.

Re: Haydock 9/8/08 1:25 Webbow 10.5 @ betfair - 3.25 @ betfair for a place. Lightly raced, won 3 of his 5 outings last year, not disgraced on return this year 49 days ago when close up 4th of 5 and should come on for that. Has a good turn of foot and has every chance if race is run to suit, ground no problem and goes well for this jockey. This a competetive race but i think he should atleast get a place.

Re: Haydock 9/8/08 Four e/w bets for me all currently around 16/1. 1.25~ Fahey/Hanagan could have a big day here teaming up in 5 of the race and i think EXTRATERRESTRIAL can bounce back to early season form and get them off to a good start. 2.00~ Although the ground is on the soft side last years winner HIGH CURRAGH who goes well here can put up a bold show imo. 3.10~ An interesting jockey booking on GREEK ENVOY who should like the ground and trip. 4.15~ Getting on in years but MORSE is back on a handy mark and can run a big race.

Re: Haydock 9/8/08 2.35 - Haydock - Smokey Oakey WIN (4.6 Betfair) Like the look of this with the Gd-Soft ground and more rain forecast which will be a bonus. Only two 4 yr olds in the race and last ten years have only seen 3 and 4 year old winners. Progressive horse too and has some decent form, winning well LTO at Sandown on soft. Was 6/8 before that in a class one and was seen winning a class 2 race the time before. Conditions will suit here and most are opposable with give in the ground. Distance not a problem. Tainer and jock have very good record on 4yr old plus too and just looks an excellent bet to me.

Re: Haydock 9/8/08 Have to agree with some regarding Multidimensional. A class act and some of his very best form is with cut (in France and when ran well in the Champion stakes). Ability to act on heavy is an unknown however. Smokey Oakey is unbeaten (4/4) when running in single figure fields on easy going. I can't believe he has to give weight to Multidimensional though. Was thinking of laying Flying Clarets, and it looks a match the front two. However I've gone for the Cecil horse and if he acts on the going he is a certainty.