ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm Couldn't help myself:lol:lol:lol KOHLSCHREIBER @ 2.44 Betfair. This is mostly a play against Karlovic. He got a massive win over Federer yesterday and looking for a let down. I think that win will have been huge for him mentally and be could be jaded. Add to that he often struggles physically and the heat in Cincinatti he could be flat today. Kohlschreiber came through a very tough battle with Soderling yesterday and should be prepared for a another serving contest. He hit a lot of aces yesterday and could be sneaking into some good form and this price seems reasonable.

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm GULBIS vs. DJOKOVIC...doesn't that tickle u man...i think its worth a shot on Gulbis...djokovic not playing so soo good...gulbis an up and coming player...huge odds....!!! same with the over games....not so sure it will be a blowout....ehh Mr.I?

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm

GULBIS vs. DJOKOVIC...doesn't that tickle u man...i think its worth a shot on Gulbis...djokovic not playing so soo good...gulbis an up and coming player...huge odds....!!! same with the over games....not so sure it will be a blowout....ehh Mr.I?
The way Gulbis really went off against Blake would worry me. So many times with this guy he can lose 4, 5, 6 games very quickly. You know I like a big dog, but I'd be wanting something like 6.50-7.00 on Gulbis rather than the 4.50 available. I'm not sure about the over eaither. I see this as being similar to Djokovic v Soderling last week where Djokovic steps up at the right time for 6-4 6-4. But could easily be a 7-6 6-4 instead so I'm not sure on the over. A game to leave alone for me, but you're right Djokovic doesn't look great so you've got a chance:hope

The way Gulbis really went off against Blake would worry me. So many times with this guy he can lose 4, 5, 6 games very quickly. You know I like a big dog, but I'd be wanting something like 6.50-7.00 on Gulbis rather than the 4.50 available. I'm not sure about the over eaither. I see this as being similar to Djokovic v Soderling last week where Djokovic steps up at the right time for 6-4 6-4. But could easily be a 7-6 6-4 instead so I'm not sure on the over. A game to leave alone for me, but you're right Djokovic doesn't look great so you've got a chance:hope
sure that helps...thanks again Mr.I

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm Azarenka 2-0 @ 2.00 bet365. Paszek looked like a rising star last year but has had a terrible season. So far here she has beaten out of form Schiavone, the average Czink, and most notably Ivanovic, albeit a very rusty Ivanovic. Azarenka is a totally different prospect, top 10 soon and all that, and I believe she will have too much class and power. The quality of Paszek's returning against Ivanovic is a concern but I have a feeling this will be a case of a lower ranked player failing to follow up a huge upset. I'm tempted to go for Cibulkova, when she's fit she's superb and she was excellent against Petrova, but once again I don't mind leaving it alone. Jankovic is in form, she has impoved her serve and beat local hopes Wozniak and Dubois comfortably. Value is with the wee Slovakian lovette however imo.

I'm tempted to go for Cibulkova, when she's fit she's superb and she was excellent against Petrova, but once again I don't mind leaving it alone. Jankovic is in form, she has impoved her serve and beat local hopes Wozniak and Dubois comfortably. Value is with the wee Slovakian lovette however imo.
Cibulkova rocked it. :clap :wall
I don't really like set betting. Given the choice I'd normally go for the handicap:unsure
Ah k, I do it when I see value (or when Martina Muller is playing) and have the option to hedge.

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm Nah,Karlovic is just too good in tie breaks,his serve is fantastic ,he beated federer with that ,and yesterday Kohls beated Soderling in tiebreaks ...ah well,who is playing tomoroow ? Karlovic vs Murray ,Djokovic - Nadal ?

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm Djokovic 2.7 @ BODOG These odds are insane, Nadal has gotten what he came to Cinci for the #1 ranking. All he talked about after the match was how hard it was to win Toronto and come and play here he is obviously tired and may actually throw the match just to get some rest. There is really no reason for him to keep going hes #1 and if he had a tough time with Lapentti hes going to have a really tough time with Nole. Full stakes here on Djokovic.

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm All that is right. But nadal is not that type of player. He'll play to win i'm sure. Also he is in middle of a winning streak. He would wanna keep it up into the OPEN. Also everyone knows about Djokovic's form. I'd stay away or maybe bet on games over.

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm Agree with Abbo:ok Murray v Karlovic OVER 31 games @ 3.00 Stan James. This looks a massive number to go over, but still definately looks on. Karlovic backed up his win over Federer very well and should put in a good performance here. Murray was very sluggish to start with but in the end really turned it around. Murrays performances seem to be about focus - yesterday he knew he could break Moya and because of that he was crap at times. Today, just like when he plays Nadal, Murray knows he can't afford to lose serve so expect him to be focussed all the time on his own serve. H2H is 2-0 to Murray in a couple of relly tight matches, having 36 and 35 games. Murray can beat Karlovic, but Karlovic can win the breakers and expect this to be a tight 3 setter. DJOKOVIC @ 2.78 Betfair. Everything is about Nadal getting to No 1 this week, which has just happened, and now it's time for Djokovic to spoil the party. It's extremely tough to win Toronto and Cincinatti back-to-back and this will be Nadals greatest test in doing so. Nadal beat Djokovic in a tight match at Queens which surprised me, but I'm still willing to side with the Serb. His form hasn't been good lately, but I think he's looked better this week, especially against Gulbis, and could be hitting form just at the right time. I still think Djokovic is a better hard court player than Nadal, and this is a great opportunity to show everyone he's still up there at the top of the game. H2H is 9-3 to Nadal but 3-1 to Djokovic on hard courts. CIBULKOVA @ 1.53 Coral. Got to go with Cibulkova here, especially at a 1 ball bookie. She's having a great week, and confirming a lot of her potential with a great win over Jankovic. She's also beaten Petrova and Dementieva this week and has come through without dropping a set - she really looks at the top of her game. Bartoli turned her ankle yesterday, was cramping and had a stomach upset. No idea what sort of shape she'll turn up in today, but she'll struggle.

Azarenka 2-0 @ 2.00 bet365. Paszek looked like a rising star last year but has had a terrible season. So far here she has beaten out of form Schiavone, the average Czink, and most notably Ivanovic, albeit a very rusty Ivanovic. Azarenka is a totally different prospect, top 10 soon and all that, and I believe she will have too much class and power. The quality of Paszek's returning against Ivanovic is a concern but I have a feeling this will be a case of a lower ranked player failing to follow up a huge upset.
Comfortable 6-4, 7-5 win. Both sets should really have been 6-2 but she failed to serve them out. Srebotnik 2-0 @ 2.2 bet365. She's simply in a different class to Dushevina who was pummeled 6-0 6-1 by Wozniacki in Slovenia. A similar result here would not surprise me. I suspect she won't have to play anything like as well as she did when she ran Henin close earlier in the year anyhow. Wozniacki @ 2.62 bet365. Value bet. Radwanska deserves to be favourite but maybe not by this much. Woz is rocking again after putting in a sulky performance against Errani in Slovenia and is more or less at home. If she can get her first serves in and exploit Radwanska's very poor 2nd serve she's got a decent chance. Cibulkova was 4-0 down in the 1st set when I checked but it turns out she was fortunate to beat Jankovic who was apparently absolutely knackered. So I'm undecided with the Bartoli match, the price looks a little too short.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCibulkova - Bartoli
SelectionCibulkova
Strength10/10
Date02/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.55 (Back)
ReasoningI'm playing this at one ball bookie.Bartoli had some injury problems against Sugiyama so she may retire here.Cibulkova seems to be in great form beating Dementieva, Petrova and Jankovic on her way to SF.She moves better on court and she surely can deal with Bartoli strong shots.If she will make Bartoli move a lot on court she will have no problems with beating her.

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm Rain in Montreol ... :clap 15 minutes to the big match ... Cincinati My friend who played on the tour 7 years said I would play Djokovic He gives me wrong tips all the time He loves Djokovic ....and hates Nadal :unsure I played Djokovic in Toronto.....vs. Murray, 30 simple mistake. He can not afford mistakes ..vs. Nadal. Beating Nadal ... mission impossible :wall

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm GET IN Nole does the business. Obviously Murray through but has a great chance now Apart from Nadal he is the in form player imo, and although Nole played well you gotta think Andy can do it CMON

Srebotnik 2-0 @ 2.2 bet365. She's simply in a different class to Dushevina who was pummeled 6-0 6-1 by Wozniacki in Slovenia. A similar result here would not surprise me. I suspect she won't have to play anything like as well as she did when she ran Henin close earlier in the year anyhow.
Absolute shocker. :@
Wozniacki @ 2.62 bet365. Value bet. Radwanska deserves to be favourite but maybe not by this much. Woz is rocking again after putting in a sulky performance against Errani in Slovenia and is more or less at home. If she can get her first serves in and exploit Radwanska's very poor 2nd serve she's got a decent chance.
6-4 6-1 to Woz. That's more like it. :nana

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm MURRAY @ 3.55 Pinnacle. Not sure about this, but just thought the price would be a bit shorter. Murray was around 5.5 last week and after that win I didn't think I'd be able to get above 3.00. After from 1 poor set against Moya, Murray has been awesome this week and did an extremely good job against Karlovic. He should have confidence from the win against Djokovic last week and despite it being his first Masters final, I think he'll put in a good performance. If he plays the same way he did last week then he has a good chance. Djokovic looks to have found his form again this week, firstly against Gulbis then in a brilliant performance against Nadal. I didn't think Nadal played well, but that seemed to be because Djokovic was just killing him early in the rallies. Last night was the 'big one' for Djokovic, maybe he starts here a little flat. Should be a good final and I'm willing to take a chance with Murray.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventDjokovic - Murray
SelectionDjokovic
Strength10/10
Date03/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningDjoko is leading h2h 4:1 and after today match he should make it 5:1.He was great yesterday against Nadal and after that level of performance I just can't bet against him.This will be totally different match than the one played week ago between these two.

Re: ATP Cincinatti & WTA Montreal/Stockholm Yeah, Murray's confidence has to be sky high at the moment, and I expect he will have learnt a lot from his defeat of Djokovic last week. We seem to frequently see players knock out a big name and then struggle in the next round, and I think this has got to be in favour of Murray. Selections A MURRAY @ 3.6 Betfair A MURRAY +3.5 Games @ 2.08 Betfair Expect Murray to push Novak really close if he doesnt win, and a 6-4, 7-6 victory for Djokovic, or a set to Murray would mean a successful 2nd bet. :hope:ok