ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July I'll look into Umag and Indi in the morning. MINAR @ 2.75 Stan James. I like Minar, especially as a dog, and this looks like a good opportunity to be on him. He’s an explosive player and can play some extremely good stuff, but struggles with consistency and general fitness levels. He beat Rochus easily in Miami and that should give him some confidence after a poor run. He’s lost a loss of matches recently but ran Canas pretty close last week, and hopefully he can get some form going. Rochus has had a poor year and had a lot of problems with his serve. He’s started to get some more wins recently but I still don’t think he’s playing well and shouldn’t be this short.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Flavio Cipolla @ 1.80 (bwin) - Vollandri is in bad form, with 8 straight defeats, 7 of them in clay, the other in Wimbledon; he had two injuries in the last weeks that had influence in his games (the last was 3 weeks ago, in his knee); Cipolla is a tipical clay player, what could be a big problem to Vollandri return to wins; Cipolla is playing average this year, had already beaten better player than him his year on clay, and i think is a good bet. GL everybody :ok

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July HERNYCH @ 1.99 Pinnacle. Hernych is actually getting some decent results lately. Since the start of March he’s 27-11 on all surfaces and has done well coming through a lot of qualifying tournaments. He was a little unlucky to lose to Schwank last week with an untimely rain delay and should come in here with some confidence. Ramirez Hidalgo hasn’t played since the start of June. He’s capable on clay, but I wouldn’t rate him above Hernych, and I have to go with the guy who should be much more match sharp.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Wozniacki - Gastein outright @ 3.65 on betfair. Very good value imo. Unless there's a surprise or two on the way, she's likely to meet Cornet in the semis which should be close. The H2H is 1-1, both matches from last year, Woz winning on clay, Cornet on hard. I feel Szavay hasn't been totally convincing this year with several losses to players she should be beating if she's to deserve favourite status here. She flopped in Budapest but in fairness, she was beaten by Klepac who had a very good tournament and gave Cornet a right battle in the final. Mayr. I'll be opposing Muller if the price is right. Mayr has done quite well on the ITF circuit this year, infinitely better than Chvjokova who somehow managed to lose to Muller in Budapest after being a set and two breaks up. *If* Muller wins she's likely to get trounced by Cornet in the next round but the odds will probably be too short.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July NASO @ 2.81 Pinnacle. I've seen Naso a couple of times and I think he's decent. He's got a good serve (for an Italian!) and some explosive groudstrokes. He's a bit flashy and prone to errors but when he's playing well he's a real handful on clay. He camethrouh qalifying in Gastaad last week before losing to Kiefer and has come through qualifying here so he looks to be playing pretty well. Pashanski is average at best and I think he's worth opposing here. In Pashanskis favour is he won this match up pretty easily in March but Naso has done very well since then and risen almost 100 places in the rankings.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

so what you think dude is it gonna start soon or no play today? I mean maybe you have some forecast
I don't have a good forecast but here's a webcam http://en.kitzbuehel.com/service/weather/webcams.htm which I think updates every 30 minutes and it's just rain although the last update does look a bit brighter. Not sure if we'll get any play today - apart from the half hour this morning when the qualifying match finished.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Francesco Piccari @ 3.60 bwin - Piccari is in the best position ever in the ranking and despite clearly not be the favorite in this game, I think he can win, because Karanusic did,t make any game on clay since Roland Garros, has never won a game of clay atp tournaments, had a back muscle injury two weeks ago, has not made any game since then, and I think that although he can win the game, the value of 3.60 on Piccari is tempting. GL :ok

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Hi guys, 2 bets for the new week: ATP TOUR, INDIANAPOLIS SIMON TO D MAHUT @ 1.55 at expekt Mahut is having an awful season. Simon has a very good return of serve neutralizing Mahut's main strength and he is a much better player from the baseline. ATP TOUR, DUTCH OPEN, AMERSFOORT SERRA TO D PETZSCHNER @ 1.5 at stanjames Petzschner is a fast court player coming from the Newport tournament in US just 2-3 days ago. Serra is much more solid from the baseline and generally a better clay courter.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Still got 2 pieces of action in Kitzbuhel. HUTA GALUNG @ 2.5 Stan James. Going with the home boy here. I haven't seen much of him but he seems to have some decent potential. He's coming off a challenger title in Holland where he beat Gil, Ascione and Hartfeld which is pretty decent. Ventura lost last week in the first round to Hernandez then pulled out of the doubles so not sure he's 100%.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Just seen a shocking weather forecast for this week so don't think I'll be sending much time looking at those matches:lol:lol. Here's one though.... CORIA to win set 1 @ 1.85 Boylesports. This looks interesting. Coria won the first set last week against Schwank 6-0 before falling apart and similarly at the French against Robredo. He still has problems with a massive number of double faults and it seems to be a thing where once he's hit a couple then his confidence goes and the floodgates are opened. Peya is just coming back from a lot of time of grass and a pretty long week in Newport (including qualifying). It could take him a while to get going on the clay and Corias return game is still good and he should be able to take advantage early on. I think Coria could actually ake this match (shock!) but I prefer having a go at this market.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July DANCEVIC @ 2.00 Bet365. This looks like a really tough match to call but I'm willing to side with Dancevic. He's been playing really well onthe grass and should be full of confidence here. He reached the final of this tournament last year beating Roddick on the way so should be up for it this week. H2H is 3-2 to Reynolds, Dancevic won all 3 on hard courts but Reynolds won the last 2 meetings including a surprise a Wimbledon a few weeks ago. This one should be tight but I just think Dancevic should be a small fav. RAM @ 3.1 Betfair. This one is interesting and I don't think Santoro will have it all his own way. Last year after coming off a win in Newport he beat Jimmy Wang who retired then in the second round Santoro had to retire himself with stomich/heat problems. He had an easier week in Newport this year but still coming off a week in that heat and switching surfaces is tough - and he does seem to be struggling physically a bit more this year. Ram isn't that bad on US hardcourts, a couple of weeks ago he won a challenger in Winnetka which was his first good week of the year. Given a wildcard here he should be looking to push on and get well back inside the top 200.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

I'll look into Umag and Indi in the morning. MINAR @ 2.75 Stan James. I like Minar, especially as a dog, and this looks like a good opportunity to be on him. He’s an explosive player and can play some extremely good stuff, but struggles with consistency and general fitness levels. He beat Rochus easily in Miami and that should give him some confidence after a poor run. He’s lost a loss of matches recently but ran Canas pretty close last week, and hopefully he can get some form going. Rochus has had a poor year and had a lot of problems with his serve. He’s started to get some more wins recently but I still don’t think he’s playing well and shouldn’t be this short.
Cheers, good call, I was confident enough to take him in play after going one set down and it worked out just fine.

Coria dominates the first six games but only up 4-2 then the doubles start with 7 in one game and back to 4-4:sad
..then he pulls himself together to take the set 7-5:ok. Amazing 7 doubles in one game and he almost held, and no doubles in the other 5 service games. Really hope he wins this, but wouldn't fancy being a backer at 1.33:unsure

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July And he's only gone and retired! :( I had him to win the game, was just about to trade out after he won the first set and he retired before I got the chance. Cost me a lot of money grrrr.

Still got 2 pieces of action in Kitzbuhel. HUTA GALUNG @ 2.5 Stan James. Going with the home boy here. I haven't seen much of him but he seems to have some decent potential. He's coming off a challenger title in Holland where he beat Gil, Ascione and Hartfeld which is pretty decent. Ventura lost last week in the first round to Hernandez then pulled out of the doubles so not sure he's 100%.
Bad luck on this one mate. Good tip, and robbed of a profit. Winning 6-1 and 1-0, his opponent retires. I always think it's a really rotten interpretation of the rules when they don't pay out in those circs. What's your view?

Bad luck on this one mate. Good tip, and robbed of a profit. Winning 6-1 and 1-0, his opponent retires. I always think it's a really rotten interpretation of the rules when they don't pay out in those circs. What's your view?
My view is that I knew the rules. I could have used a different bookmaker who pays out on retirements. In this case I knew about a possible injury to Ventura, but I chose to go with Stan James because they were best price (and I don't think there were many prices around last night). Sometimes it will go my way, sometimes it will go against me. As it happens, I've gone with Ram toniht at Betfair because they pay out after a set instead of Bet365 who were a slightly better price;)

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Only one that interests me in Kitzbuhel and Amersfoort. Garcia-Lopez will be fav in the morning;) GARICA-LOPEZ @ 2.1 Bet365. Got to go with Garcia-Lopez here as the dog. He played well last week beating Youzhny and taking Andreev to a final set tie break in a rain affected match. He’s backed that form up with a very good win over Calleri in the first round and should be full of confidence here. Hanescu came from nowhere last week and had an awesome run to the title picking up some big wins. He struggled in the first round here going to a final set tiebreak against Alba which is quite poor. You have to expect him to be a bit fatigued so I’ll side with the fresher guy even though they are both playing well.