** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July I actually like some favs today:eek:eek DANIEL @ 1.66 Sportingbet. Zverev has a very poor 29-42 record on clay, most of that is in qualifying and challengers and includes a challenger win in Germany. His serve and volley style just isn’t effective enough. I know he took a set off Bolelli last week which is good but I just don’t see him performing to that level very often. He beat a poor wildcard in the first round and should get sent packing today. Daniel struggled through against Berlocq in the first round, but he’s a proper clay courter and should find this a much better match up. His form hasn’t been great lately but still I think he should be around 1.50 for this. MOYA @ 1.6 Pinnacle. Moya has a phenomenal 43-8 record at this event and comes here as a 5 time champion surely he is looking forward to it. He’s had a lot of struggles this year and took some time off after a first round loss to Schwank in the French. He lost last week to Starace but he was a set and a break up in that one and was playing some decent stuff. Troicki had a great run here last year too beating Djokovic in a match that was clearly between friends. I think that’s more likely to put pressure on him here with ranking points to defend whereas I don’t think Moya will be thinking of that at all. Troicki got a nice win over Vanek in the first round but this will be a much tougher test. It’s Moya in Umag – the old dog shows that he still has some tricks up his sleeveless shirt! FOGNINI @ 1.74 Pinnacle. Volandri is another guy with a good Umag record (17-5 and 2 finals) but this time I’m going against him. He’s been absolutely shocking this year, after starting off showing some promise in South America. He beat Cipolla easily in the first round, but still had a big wobble in the second set. I mentioned a few times during the South American season that I like Fognini and I still do. He looks in good form, just before Wimbledon reaching the semis of Warsaw before losing to Davydenko. Since Wimbledon he won a challenger in Turin then pushed Soderling very hard at home in Bastad. He beat a wildcard comfortably in the first round and he should be too good here for Volandri and his powder puff serve. SIRIANNI @ 2.55 Pinnacle. I have this match as pretty much evens the pair so not sure where this price is coming from. Capdeville beat Ginepri in the first round but the American was struggling with his elbow so wouldn’t read too much into that. Sirianni came through qualifying then in the first round Ledovskikh retired when Sirianni was a set up. I just rate these guys evenly so going with the price.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

Thnx Mate. Do U Have A Clue About The Players That I Like 2 Put A Stake On .
Yes I do. I'll look into all the matches properly later, but quickly.... Melzer. Playing at home and should be comfortable. I don't know much about his opponent but he has done pretty much nothing at ATP level. Montanes. Everyone who reads my stuff knows I like Cuevas. He's in pretty poor form but I wouldn't be backing Montanes at the prices I can see. Andreev. On paper should be far too good. However, it was his birthday on Monday and he's got Masters Series in America next week. He also can play some shocking stuff at times. I certainly wouldn't be backing at such a short price. Canas. Grrr I don't like Pashanksi. Naso should have nailed him on Monday and surely Canas will have too much. Canas' form has been poor this year but still he should be too good.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July C. Rochus 3.2@Bodog This one is a day away but I'm jumping on it now because the price seems to good to be true. Darcis is in poor form and Rochus play very well match is even if not Rochus the favorite in my eyes.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July I'll look into Umag and Indi tomorrow. NAVARRO @ 2.35 Pinnacle. Pujol is showing nothing like the form he had earlier in the year. He had a very poor loss to Bjorkman last week and I don't fancy him first match up here. Navarro is playing very well at the moment, seemingly on any surface, reaching the semis of a challenger on clay, winning a challenger on hard and winning a couple of matches on grass in Newport. He beat a wildcard comfortably in the first round here and I'm just going with the form player. HUTA GALUNG @ 2.4 Pinnacle. Going with Huta Galung again for mainly the same reasons as the first round. He's in good form and playing at home. Hernandez is in quite poor form and beat a pretty lowly ranked qualifier in the first round. Only 39 places between these guys in the ranking with one moving up and the other moving down, with the other factors I've mentioned I think this should be close to a 50/50 match.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July one latest info ljubicic is injured. yesterday night after training he felt extremly pain in his beck. he couldnt walk so they called ambulnace. he left stella maris in wheel chairs. director of umag said that his match today is questionable. but knowing ljubo hi might try to start this match. than odd above 3 on aranusic is pure gift. try before odd go down ljubicic-karanusic 2 :hope

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Good info and good luck with that dj:ok. I'm slightly tempted by all the dogs in Umag but I'm going to leave it:unsure REYNOLDS @ 1.75 Sportingbet. Fair play to Reynolds, he got a ood win over Dancevic in the first round and I think he'll be a good favourite here. He's got the much better serve and is simply a far better player on US hardcourts than Falla. Falla took 3 sets against Belucci in the first round and has shown pretty much no form so far this year. Looks a very reasonable price on Reynolds, I'd have him more like 1.53.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

one latest info ljubicic is injured. yesterday night after training he felt extremly pain in his beck. he couldnt walk so they called ambulnace. he left stella maris in wheel chairs. director of umag said that his match today is questionable. but knowing ljubo hi might try to start this match. than odd above 3 on aranusic is pure gift. try before odd go down ljubicic-karanusic 2 :hope
thanks for the news, but are you sure??? because odds havent changed in bookies or on betfair, so if he really was injured and left in a wheel chair it is very surprising that the odds have not changed :unsure

thanks for the news' date=' but are you sure??? because odds havent changed in bookies or on betfair, so if he really was injured and left in a wheel chair it is very surprising that the odds have not changed :unsure[/quote'] Well he's drifted some - from 1.25-1.26 last night and has been matched as high as 1.39 and quite a bit as 1.34-1.36. The story has been reported a few places now, but the thing is I don't think many people actually know how bad he is at the moment.

one latest info ljubicic is injured. yesterday night after training he felt extremly pain in his beck. he couldnt walk so they called ambulnace. he left stella maris in wheel chairs. director of umag said that his match today is questionable. but knowing ljubo hi might try to start this match. than odd above 3 on aranusic is pure gift. try before odd go down ljubicic-karanusic 2 :hope
FYI, the odds on Karanusic @bet365 are 4.0!

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Ram 2.1@ Bodog Ram has been playing well with a challenger win recently and first round win over Newport Champ Santoro. Lu had a tough match with American bum Justin O'Neal who has never really won anything. Ram at 6'4 will have the advantage on serve. Spadea 3.0@Bodog Spadea worth a shot here against Querrey who has not been on target lately even though this is the surface where he thrives. Spadea has been playing well beating down Donald Young and playing well in Newport last week. The only problem is if Querrey gets going with his serve theres really nothing a player like Spadea can do. Still worth small stakes shot here.

Mr Intensity what is your opinion about spadea to beat querrey? spadea really rocks these days and i don´t rate querrey to be such a favorite as the odds say... any opinion?
Querrey has improved a lot in the past 12 months and I think he can be quite a force o US hard courts. He won this match up very comfortably earlier in the year and now leads the H2H 2-1. You're right Spadea has been playing well recently and it could be a close match. It's one tat I'm avoiding because I think the prices are fair.