** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July

Querrey has improved a lot in the past 12 months and I think he can be quite a force o US hard courts. He won this match up very comfortably earlier in the year and now leads the H2H 2-1. You're right Spadea has been playing well recently and it could be a close match. It's one tat I'm avoiding because I think the prices are fair.
ok! your opinion makes me comfortable to skip this one... there are some better matches this nite to put money on! good luck!!!

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July SCHWANK @ 2.12 Pinnacle. I like Schwank, I think he's coming to do really good things on clay and I like him in this match up. He was playing well last week before losing to eventually champion del Potro, which doesn't seem like too bad a loss. He also pulled out of the doubles with a wrist injury that day so maybe was struggling. This week that doesn't seem to be bothering him as he's got a couple of very easy wins. Starace is playing OK and got to the final here last year, but still I'm willing to go against him. MONTANES @ 2.17 Pinnacle. This one is interesting, and I have to take Montanes as the dog. H2H is 6-2 to Acasuso, but Montanes has won the last 2 this year in Hamburg and last week in Stuttgart. Montanes is playing really well this year, and got a decent win over Cuevas in the last round. Acasuso doesn't seem to be playing too well recently, and a first match win over Roger-Vasselin doesn't convince me he's playing better. I just don't have Montanes as the outsider for this one. GABASHVILI @ 2.6 Boylesports. Gabashvili has been showing some decents results lately. He's mixed some early exits with 3 challenger titles on clay and has a couple of reasonable wins this week over Ascione and Vassallo Arguello. I've never really been convinced by Gicquel on clay, although he does get some decent results. He lost to Rochus last week which is quite poor and a win voer Dutch wildcard de Bakker doesn't mean too much. This should be quite a serve dominated match, and I'm willing to go with the flashy Russian.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July GONZALEZ @ 1.73 Pinnacle. Gonzlaez beat Karlovic yesterday and looks like a solid price to take down another Croat. He played extremely well yesterday and it's the first time I've seen him for a while and I was impressed. He's on the verge on breaking into the top 100 after being down at 267 about a year ago and has definately improved. Karanusic got through because of Ljubicic's injury and I don't fancy him here. Never liked him on clay and Gonzalez should be too strong. H2H is 2-0 to Gonzalez including a 5-setter at the French this year. Moya v Fognini OVER 22.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. I'm so tempted to oppose Mr Umag here but I just can't do it. Moya had to battle really hard against Troicki and I'm going for a similarly close match here. Fognini is one of my favourites and he got a nice win over Volandri in the last round and should play pretty well here. I think Fognini will play the better stuff here but it'll be really tough to put Moya away so I'm going to stick with the over. REYNOLDS @ 3.00 Sportingbet. This price just seems too big. Both tall guys, big servers, at there best on US hardcourts. Just see this being close and have to take this price. Querrey is higher ranked and bigger reputation. Reynolds seems to be in better form and has been more impressive so far. This will just come down to a couple of points and good chance of tiebreaks so this price is too big.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Dmitry Tursunov vs Paul Capdeville. Dmitry Tursunov had beaten Paul Capdeville twice (Miami 2006, Tokyo 2007) on hard surface and is rested since he won last by w.o. . Tursunov (seed 3, ranked 32) winner in Sydney this year has won 19 of 33 matches. Capdeville is not up to this standard with 139 rank and 4 times defeated in 15 matches this year. Mr Intensity what do you think about backing Tursunov? Looking forward for your reply... Dav

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Hi Dav, Yeah I think Tursunov should batter him. Defending his title here. Got a walkover in the last round which doesn't really help as he's only play one match this week, but still he should just be too powerful.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Poor 2-4 today. Looks like this is going to be a bad week, unless I can have a good weekend.... DARCIS @ 1.77 Pinnacle. Darcis is here defending his title and hasn't done a thing wrong so far. He's a confidence player and here at the place of his first ATP victory he's found his form again and I expect him to take out Gicquel. He beat Gicquel in the first round last year which was a big surprise but this year it won't be. I just don't like Gicquel that much on clay and in this type of match up I'm willing to oppose him. MONTANES @ 1.66 Stan James. Montanes won this match up in straight sets last week and I expect similar here. Montanes looks to be playing very well this week getting wins over Vliegen, Cuevas and the lacklusture Acasuso. Acasuso was poor today but still Montanes was putting a lot fo pressure on him with the quality of his groudies and he looked in decent shape. Hernandez is annoying, he's come through comfortalby this week which I didn't expect, but I'm willing to go against him. H2H is 3-2 to Hernandez (1 retirement to Hernandez) but I think Montanes is in the better form.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Querrey 2.35@Bodogwatched Querrey and Simon's matches today and I dont really see how Simon can be favored. Sam can rally from the baseline with power and actually moves pretty decently. He will be able to break Simons serve without much trouble as he broke Reynolds and Reynolds actually played quite well. Sam has the ability to get him self out of tough spots by serving absolute bombs. If his serve is on this wont even be close.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July FOGNINI @ 3.00 Sportingbet. I made a mistake not backing Fognini yesterday, and I'm not going to make the same mistake again. I've been going on about him all year and this week he's really delivering. He's taken apart Volandri and Moya and I see him doing the same thing to Verdasco. Verdasco has struggled a bit with Montcourt and Zverev and he's really going to have to step up here. I really think Fognini takes this and the price is more than reasonable.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Better 2-1 yesterday but Fognini was crap:$ TURSUNOV @ 1.66 totesport. I'm willing to back Tursunov in this final. He got a good win over Blake yesterday coming from a set down and is making a great effort to defend his title. Simon has had 4 3 setters this week and maybe he'll be a little flat today. These two have never met, but I expect Tursunovs raw power to be a major problem in the match. Simon coped with Querrey very well, but Tursunov is on a whole other level and I expect him to come through.

Re: ATP Amersfoort/Indianapolis/Kitzbuhel/Umag & WTA Gastein/Stanford 14th-20th July Simon @ 2.3 Bodog Tursunov served terribly yesterday and would not have gotten by Simon with a performance like that. A pusher like Simon will cause many unforced errors by the impatient error prone Tursunov. Simon in 3.