** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Newbury 03/07/08

Newbury racecourse is home to one of the Jump season's great races, the Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup held at the end of November. Summer highlights includes the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes in May and Ladies Day in August. The course offers 32 days of quality racing and first class facilities as well as great views of the course from all areas. Todays fixtures in here.:ok

Re: Newbury 03/07/08 7.25 Cerito 6/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Bolted up impressively at Bath on debut and clearly well thought of by connections as it went to ascot as just 6/1 second fav for the norfolk. Tried to chase the speedy winner South Central that day and paid for it to finish only in midfield. Moves up to 6f but I dont see as a huge problem, indeed on debut it was extending at the end admittedly against inferior opposition, trainer still seems to think a lot of it and indeed has targetted this race often before. 7.55 Atlantic Sport 7/4 var 15 pts Another Channon horse and the most interesting of the day without doubt, indeed its in my TTTF. Really taken with this ones maiden which has worked out, three nice horses eventually pulled clear and this one was given hardly any encouragement by his jockey as he won relatively cosily for a short head, the horse in third was the jersey winner, aqlaam. Sent out just 5/2 for champagne where he was disappointing to me, arguably run to a similar level of form but couldnt quite take the step up. However this half brother to Zafeen has reportedly been working well at times over the winter and was described by one source as wintering magnificently. It has had some problems as he was going to go for the Guineas and then the St James' Palace but the Sussex entry indicates ambitions remain lofty for this one and he starts at 7f today and whilst his main rival red alert day is consistent, I dont see him having anywhere near the potential of this one, could be smart. 9.00 Dancer in Demand 5/4 var bog 15 pts Ran an eyecatching race on debut when third, stayed on relentlessly to be third and gave the impression after that that he was a potential winner in waiting and that he would appreciate a step up in trip which he has today. His maiden hasnt actually really worked out that well and that is a bit of a negative but he is the stand out pick for obviously respected connections.

Re: Newbury 03/07/08 7.25 Cerito EW Ran well to finish 6th to South Central in the Norfolk Stakes & should be suited by 6f. Has a G1 entry in the nUnthorpe & Channon clearly holds in high regard.channon has a good record in this race & 6/1 looks a bit big with Betfred tonight.

Re: Newbury 03/07/08 SNOQUALMIE GIRL 6.20 Newbury. 0.5 points each way. Was told to watch out for this one before it ran and it did better than expected on debut. Was expected to come on plenty for that run and so looking at this race and the level of form on offer, it has to be a bet for this race with improvement expected. Hard to be too confident with so many unexposed runners, but on what I've heard and the price on offer, it's well worthy of an each way bet.