Even / Odd betting

Guest Sherman Blue

Guest Sherman Blue

Curious to hear if anyone flutters on the odd/even betting card available on English football ? On the surface this looks like a classic flip of the coin gamble but it just struck me that the probability of even is much higher than an odd score line, which isn't totally reflected in the odds.... Coral's go blanket 1.95 on odd scorelines and 1.85 on even. Considering any draw is even and the most goals in a game normally tops out a 6 it just seems a little lopsided ?? For example there are 8 possible even wins upto 6 goals: 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, 3-1, 4-0, 4-2, 3-3, 2-0, 5-1 and only 5 possible odd: 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-1, 5-0, also I would venture to guess that 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 are probably the 3 most likley scores .. anyone have any data to support this ??? In Oct EPL fixtures there have been 13 even and only 7 odd since the start of Oct.... which based on a 2pt bet per game would yield 8 pts profit. So basically I'm going to start a system this weekend until the end of Nov to see if this pattern rings true

Guest Sherman Blue

Re: Even / Odd betting just realised I missed the 3-0 option and miscounted the even permatations which makes it 6 odd and 9 even although I'm sure both 5-0 and 5-1 are very rare scorelines. Off to do some historical analysis :sleeping

Guest Sherman Blue

Re: Even/Odd Betting Thanks osesame - guess the bookies have it right then. Still going to give it a whirl for the next month and see what happens . Will look to omit teams who win 1-0 more frequently and focus on teams that draw a lot.

Guest DYLANSMYNAME

Re: Even/Odd Betting Now according to my stats which are all the scores for the pools numbers 1-49 for the last 18 years,i would recomend having a go on these teams. Leicester Wigan Brentford All evens.

Re: Even / Odd betting So a Wk 1 produced 6 even and 4 odd in the EPL resulting in a very small profit to get the system started. I'm actually working based on a combo of 120 trebles at 0.10 stake on Corals but for the purposes of trending i'll show these as a book based on singles at 1pt @ 1.85 odds. I'll be running this for 8 weeks as a trial. NOR .v. EVE :( AVL .v. FUL :) CHE .v. BLK :) CRY .v. WBA :( TOT .v. BOL :( LIV .v. CHA :) SOT .v. BIR :) MID .v. POR :) NEW .v. MAN :( MUN .v. ARS :) Start Bank: 96.00 Current Bank: 97.10 Wins 6 Loses 4 Profit: 1.10 Strike: 60% Yield: 11% This weekend I'll be working on a more selective process against previous historical data on teams either above or below average propensity to produce even / odd results. Once the data I'm using is complete I'll post this too as it makes some interesting trending .. for example in the past 2.3 seasons Arsenal are still yet to record a 0.v.0 draw but still have an above average strike rate on even results.

Re: Even / Odd betting I'm using Corals for this test although Laddies, Betfair and Bet365 also offer I believe. Prices seem to be fixed at 1.85 even / 1.90 Odd regardless Been a bit busy this week so a little late on posting from last weeks EPL results. Man City 1 Norwich 1 ;) Bolton 2 Newcastle 1 :( Arsenal 2 Southampton 2 ;) West Brom 1 Chelsea 4 :( Blackburn 2 Liverpool 2 ;) Everton 1 Aston Villa 1 ;) Portsmouth 2 Man Utd 0 ;) Fulham 2 Tottenham 0 ;) Charlton 1 Middlesbrough 2 :( Birmingham 0 Palace 1 :( Another 60/40 weekend. Slow progress but hey any profit is still a profit! Start Bank: 96.00 Current Bank: 98.20 Bets: 20 Wins 12 Loses 8 Profit: 2.20 Strike: 60% Yield: 11%

Re: Even / Odd betting Surely there is no point to these sort of bets unless you get odds of 1/1 or better, which I am positive would never happen. As that seems to be the case then there is no difference between these bets and playing the games on all the bookies websites like Skybet's Ballseye? :tongue2

Re: Even / Odd betting your right alexmac it on the surface seems like a complete game of chance / flip of a coin... my interest was initially feuled by the concept that there should be more even results than odd and therefore the similarity in prices should actually be higher for even However based on the averages over the past 3 seasons it would seem to support that the bookies have it right but if you look at specific teams you'll see that some have way above or below the medium for odd or even. Hence I'm doing a very low risk test to see if there any any interesting trends (rather than to make a huge profit) Also adds a fun incentive to the weekends fixtures no matter what the scoreline and hey that can't be a bad thing when Birmingham are playing Palace ! (no offence Blues/Eagles fans) Oh and I'll let you know when i've checked out of Gamblers Anon :spank Cheers Big Joe for the stat links very useful.

Re: Even / Odd betting Thanks Posh and Yes absolutely it will form part of the strategy , just been taking me a long time to put together the stats (damn this full time job!) I will publish when it's complete as it also shows some interesting info on teams more likely to draw , win 1-0 etc, above the league medium. Arsenal haven't had a 0-0 since 2001 so that's one to avoid as the team and playing style is essentially still the same, (although guess you could also say there well overdue a 0-0 but I doubt whether the bookies odds will reflect they've gone nearly 3 1/2 yrs and 125 games without one) I'm about half way through the individual team stats but hope to finish this by the weekend games.

Re: Even / Odd betting using the new system this weekend's PL bets as follows: AVL (Even) .v. POR = 1pt EVEN 1.85:( CHE (Odd) .v. EVE (Odd) = 2pt ODD 1.90:D LIV (Even) .v. BIR (Even) = 2pt EVEN 1.85:( NOR .v. BLK (Odd) = No Bet SOT (Even) .v. WBA = 1pt EVEN 1.85:D TOT (odd) .v. CHA (odd) = 1pt ODD 1.90:D CRY .v. ARS (Even) = 1pt EVEN 1.85:D MID (Even) .v. BOL (even) = 2pt EVEN 1.85:D NEW .v. FUL (even) = 1pt EVEN 1.85:( MUN(odd) .v. MAN (Odd) = 1pt ODD 1.90:( So close to a good wkend but for the Liverpool result , anyway still another positive week albeit just. Interesting that the new system yielded a better return than the blanket even bets which would have resulted in a loss this weekend , so something to be pleased about :dude Staked: 12 pts Win: 13.10

Re: Even / Odd betting Analysis of all the premiership to dates indicates that Odd 2236 Even 2217 As near to evens as makes no difference. And here is the season by season total Season Evens Odds 1993 216 246 1994 232 230 1995 190 190 1996 190 190 1997 200 180 1998 196 184 1999 194 186 2000 173 207 2001 192 188 2002 187 193 2003 191 189 2004 56 53

Re: Even / Odd betting using the new system this weekend's PL bets as follows: AVL (Even) .v. POR = 1pt EVEN 1.85:( CHE (Odd) .v. EVE (Odd) = 2pt ODD 1.90:D LIV (Even) .v. BIR (Even) = 2pt EVEN 1.85:( NOR .v. BLK (Odd) = No Bet SOT (Even) .v. WBA = 1pt EVEN 1.85:D TOT (odd) .v. CHA (odd) = 1pt ODD 1.90:D CRY .v. ARS (Even) = 1pt EVEN 1.85:D MID (Even) .v. BOL (even) = 2pt EVEN 1.85:D NEW .v. FUL (even) = 1pt EVEN 1.85:( MUN(odd) .v. MAN (Odd) = 1pt ODD 1.90:( So close to a good wkend but for the Liverpool result , anyway still another positive week albeit just. Interesting that the new system yielded a better return than the blanket even bets which would have resulted in a loss this weekend , so something to be pleased about :dude Start Bank: 96.00 Current Bank: 99.30 Bets: 29 Wins 17 Loses 12 Profit: 3.30 Strike: 58.62% Yield: 11%

• 8 years later...