** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Jezza's cruise

Norfolk Enchance

Re: Jezza's cruise I cannot fcuking wait m8 its unreal.... Was going to take this bird (whos um married :rollin ) but unfortunately her husband found out day ladbrokes asked for the names for the tickets and of course went nuts so that put an end to that........Now instead im taking my mate and its going to be a full on first class expenses paid gambling and drinking holiday. I swear I am going to kick some scandy ass both at the cash tables and in the big tournament on board :lol (failing that I will throw some of the fcukers overboard). Interestingly enough ladbrokes are going to give me my price for me winning the main event on monday, at 100/1 or longer I will prob have a fiver on myself :lol Jez

Re: Nice! yep he is a good pick mate, if only because a lot of these players have no live game experience (pokergirl1 for example, has a tremendous record online but has had no success off line). Dared has played in a lot of live tourneys, even won a big one recently in aus I think? He beat layne flack heads up at the end anyway I dont want him at my table thats for sure!!! cheers belle, We set sail on saturday :) From what I hear there are going to be all sorts of in running markets on us as well :lol

Re: Jezza's cruise im off in an hrs time lads, may you all skin every cnut online in the name of PL for the next week :) WFTE mate, I will prob fall overboard after getting super pished at the cocktail party first night onboard.....I can see the headlines now on ladbrokespoker.com :cheers

Guest chowdadawg

Jezza and me In the airport right now Yo yo yo, it's the cruising mofo's! Nice to here ya'll supporting my boy here. We are in Stansted internet cafe at 4am. The cruise was by far the most amazing experience of our lives to date. Its all good! havent slept for like 48 hours! Hallucinations about to start, but thats all good too. I pay 50 an ounce for that normally. Lots to tell but fcuk 10p a minute Later all, speak to you on 1meg in Aberdeen with a beer and a bifta! The Dawg

THE CRUISE Absolutely FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC lads, what can I say!! Definately the best holiday I have ever had, the whole thing was spot on - which seeing as it was ladbrokes first one was not to be expected. It was more of a pissup in a sense than any conventional lads holiday, the banter etc was superb and everyone on board clicked with each other, the mega hi rolling pro's (one on board game of pot limit omaha reached a 15,000 euro avg pot one night!!) were just as up for a laugh and a drink with everyone as the average person on board which made for a great atmosphere. There were a ton of stories as you might imagine - Tony Cascirino falling off his chair onto the floor at the poker table to which some comedian shouted "you dont get penaltys for that anymore tony". Devilfish grabbing the piano and mike for an impromptu drunken singalong at the poker bar, playing such classics as "deiliah" :lol and the infamous dealer on board "the duke" getting so hammered every night he could barely deal the cash games exposing the cards left right and centre and hiding his treble vodkas under the table as thersa walked past. Not to mention the married bird on board I reckon half hte poker players must have done in the week :rollin The main event was brutal but a hell of an experience, I lasted about 12 hrs with a decent stack thru most of it. I had a good read on the guy next to me which led to me getting a few chips off him. The 3 deep crowds + tv cameras and journalists everywhere dont help tho!! Unfortunately when I went out it was not on a bad beat as I would have wished, I went out like a dick :o . Basically ILCAPITANO (a very good player) had been bullying the table and I decided to stand up to him, he raised my blind (like he was doing to everyone) and I called him with 89s. The flop came down 9 high and I decided if I bet there and then I would win but if I checked I was sure he would bet anyway in an attempt to steal the pot and I could go for a check-raise to get more value. So I checked and indeed he bet, I raised pot-commited and I heard horrible thing in his "all in". He did not have the pish he had raised everyone else with and I had walked into KK :banghead . Of course I still had outs, but I missed and was gone. In retrospect I should have taken more time trying to read what he had before decideing to make a move but that will have to wait till next time ;) . It was bad beat central on board with one after 5 minutes into the main event...on a board of Q62 one guy held QQ one guy held 22 all the money on the flop then two running spades gave the 2s a flush OUCH. Took over 48hrs to get home and still recovering from a week long drinking + no sleep session but it could not have been a better craic lads and there is nothing stopping me from being there next year Jez

Re: THE CRUISE Jezza, just like to say well done mate, sounds like it was a trip in a lifetime, one we all dare dream of someday. Just a couple questions: (1) Was this tournament for qualifiers like yourself or could you buy your way in? The reason i ask is that i knew two of the competitiors from way back and they have loads of dosh and it would be a big coincidence if they both qualified. (2) You said there were TV crews around, will it be available to view and which company were televising it. All the best mate and hope you have become a better player because of it.

Re: THE CRUISE You could buy in to it direct mate, Speaking to one of the hi-rolling internet pros one night on there he told me he tried to qualify to it, failed and then just decided to buy in anyway to give him and his bird a holiday + a shot for him at the big tournament. The TV crews, one was from some scandy company the other was the ladbrokes internet TV thing (no british interest on TV apart from that + the journalists). Jez