Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Holland - Russia Russians showed excellent football in the game with Sweden. They really played perfectly. However whether this will suffice on the representation of Holland?? Hmmm… for sure Guus Hiddink very good I prepare Russia to this game. However I see Holland as the master of Europe. They play marvellously, in my opinion my of 2 x 11 players and each which will go out on grass will give with itself all. Them plays is very, very good and I think that they will give glad against the good playing Russians. pick Holland win odds 1.75 stake 8/10 EXPEKT

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Netherlands vs Russia, 21.06.2008 at 20:45 EURO 2008 Knockout Stage: Netherlands vs Russia preview Russia managed to win Sweden in the knock-out match and qualify for the quarterfinals. Guus Hiddink, as usually, did a great job and we can’t remember when have the Russians seemed so good as in the duel against the Vikings. The only objection can be the weak materialization since they scored only two goals from about twenty chances. Against Romania Van Basten rested most of his starts but the reserve players have proved that he can count on them. Unlike some former Oranje squads, this team don’t seem powerful in theory but the back line is made of the experienced and not so much famous players. Netherlands’ strongest weapons are Sneider, Kuyt and Van Der Vaart whose efficiency is obvious not only in goal but in fantastic mobility as well. Some experts, like Mourinho think that Netherlands had luck against France and Italy in scoring an early goal which made it possible for their killer counterattack to show. Russia are the youngest national squad in EURO 2008 but Arshavin is something else. If he repeats the play from the duel against Sweden, his side's chances will grow. In the past Russians couldn't quite boast such type of players so he is true refreshment. He missed the first two matches because of the res card earned in the qualifications. There were some dilemmas about whether Hiddink will field him from the start against Sweden. Had Arshavin been on the pitch, it probably wouldn't end that way, he is excellent at passes and he is also good at materializing in Zenit. I will go for risky bet - draw ( 1-1 ), and Russia win on penalties.:hope Tradition: TOTAL OF 8 GAMES – 4 Netherlands wins, 2 draws, 2 Russia wins. EURO 1988 – USSR vs. Netherlands 1:0 EURO 1988 (finals) – Netherlands vs. USSR 2:0 EURO 1992 – Russia vs. Netherlands 0:0 LAST GAME IN 2007. – Netherlands vs. Russia 4:1 Last 5 Netherlands matches: 17.06.2008 GROUP C Netherlands-Romania 2:0 13.06.2008 GROUP C Netherlands-France 4:1 09.06.2008 GROUP C Netherlands-Italy 3:0 01.06.2008 FRIEND Netherlands-Wales 2:0 29.05.2008 FRIEND Netherlands-Denmark 1:1 Last 5 Russia matches: 18.06.2008 GROUP D Russia - Sweden 2:0 14.06.2008 GROUP D Greece - Russia 0:1 10.06.2008 GROUP D Spain - Russia 4:1 04.06.2008 FRIEND Russia - Lithuania 4:1 28.05.2008 FRIEND Russia - Serbia 2:1 :cheers

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Holland played three consecutive overs, despite having to deal with excellent defences. I think that Russia is aware that the only way to beat Holland is to use opponent's best weapon, i.e. attack from the first minute of the match. Both teams are capable of scoring and we should see plenty of goals within 90 minutes. Over 2,5 is a great call for me. I'd also have a small bet on the Dutch side to bang 4+ at 11/1. If they managed to score four vs France and almost made it vs Italy there's no reason why they shouldn't repeat it vs Russia :D

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final My pick for tomorrow: Holland-Russia I have to say that if I had to pick a team that I would like to win this Euro (after Portugal was knocked out yesterday) that would be either Holland or Spain because I like their fast and offensive style of play...but this is the "real world" and from this stage on all games should be tight until the end of the tournament. Russia also has one big advantage IMO: their coach (Gus Hiddink) is from Holland and knows the team from his home land like the palm of his hands... Having said that, Holland is the favourite but a 3.42 odd for Russia to qualify is just too tempting to let go (just like Turkey today at 3.11)... Holland has a 8-1-1 record in their last 10 overall, with 6 overs and 4 unders, scoring in all of those 10 games. Russia has a 7-0-3 record in their last 10 overall, with 7 overs and 3 unders, scoring in 9 of those 10 games. My picks: Russia to advance from the quarter-finals (3.42) and >2.5 (1.95); Good luck! JC

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final I said that Germany will win Portugal 3-1 or 2-1 but the most of U said Portugal...now I said this is a draw with Holland winning the first half...but at the end Russia will Win the Euro 2008.

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final

My pick for tomorrow: Holland-Russia I have to say that if I had to pick a team that I would like to win this Euro (after Portugal was knocked out yesterday) that would be either Holland or Spain because I like their fast and offensive style of play...but this is the "real world" and from this stage on all games should be tight until the end of the tournament. Russia also has one big advantage IMO: their coach (Gus Hiddink) is from Holland and knows the team from his home land like the palm of his hands... Having said that, Holland is the favourite but a 3.42 odd for Russia to qualify is just too tempting to let go (just like Turkey today at 3.11)... Holland has a 8-1-1 record in their last 10 overall, with 6 overs and 4 unders, scoring in all of those 10 games. Russia has a 7-0-3 record in their last 10 overall, with 7 overs and 3 unders, scoring in 9 of those 10 games. My picks: Russia to advance from the quarter-finals (3.42) and >2.5 (1.95); Good luck! JC
About this match disagree my friend,Holland win for me today :D

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Yestersay I totally failed, but can't go away from my system. Today everybody will play on Dutch, but I think Russians can take all 3 points here. The odds are great, but still very risky bet. The best option would be over 2,5. No team will wait for chance, like yesterday. Hope today will be better day. :hope

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final if there's gonna be a desmond score (2-2 ;)( I liked that saying )) it's gonna be now both are offensively minded and dangerous upfront, no reason to favour Holland - they just play for bigger clubs ;) reason says: over 2 CS 1-1, 2-0 Russians to advance but personally I think the Ruskies lack of effectiveness in front of a goal may contribute a bit - the Dutchman on the other hand score "when available"... :spank

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Holland have been flying in Euro 2008 and look very strong in all departments, Up against the Russians today and I can't see anything past a comfortable dutch win. Holland -1 21/10 (Bet365) Holland 3-0 14/1 (Tote) Time of first goal 0-15 2/1 (Bluesq) :ok

Yestersay I totally failed' date=' but can't go away from my system. Today everybody will play on Dutch, but I think Russians can take [b']all 3 points here. The odds are great, but still very risky bet. The best option would be over 2,5. No team will wait for chance, like yesterday. Hope today will be better day. :hope
Hmm, all 3 points :\ Theyll struggle to do that in a knock out match! Not betting on the match as i'm at wedding all today so won't be able to watch - some people just don't think when organising weddings!! :lol GL everyone! :ok If I were to bet it would be Robben FS 2-2 :tongue2 just for interest!

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Have Holland Peaked too early ???? I dunno why , but i just don't like teams which goes beating around teams with big scorelines early on in the competition , only to fall at the knockout stage . Sometimes , this would create an impression that teams are invincible after beating up some tough teams real badly . This is the knockout stage now , teams which attacked offensively in the group stage aren't going to have such luxury in the knockout stage now . Russia , underdogs as they might , would not be giving too many opporunities for the dutch to finish off their chances . "Coach" Element might play a factor here though , will Hiddink be the Dutch Traitor tonight ???? Things should be real even here and odds which does not reflect so ought to be punished . Russia to qualify for me :ok

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Over 2.5 The Dutch have been in great form winning all 3 group games and scoring 9 goals. While they haven't really been tested defensively, the quality of Arshavin may cause them some problems. On the other hand, they are blessed with numerous technical players, and the Russian defence may be exposed, because the only team that they played who were of a simialr quality to Holland was Spain which they lost 4-1 to. The Dutch will score and force the Russians to come at them, which should lead to further chances and goals

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Just having a £1 fun bet on Holland to beat Russia 4-1 and Robben to score first goal - 'scorecast' - @ 175/1 with Ladbrokes. I think this game will be a lot more open and with Holland's clinical approach they are likely to score goals against a poor Russian defence. I think with Arshavin in the side Russia will also score, so there is likely to be an over 2.5 game in progress tonight. I won't be around for the game, will be flying over to Greece so that's a large part why I'm going to avoid the overs market, as I like to be around when my bets are played out generally.

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Netherlands Clean sheet [email protected] :eyes Russia Clean sheet [email protected] :eyes 1-1 [email protected] :nana 5pt profit :ok All Betfair prices I agree both teams have been attacking so far, but it could be cagey now its knock out stage. On the above I make a profit on goals under and if one team fails to score. Average goals per match in quarters of Euros is only 2.

:wall thought I was the only unlucky one here :gimme
nope me too had weddings/christenings on a few big games sorry i missed your wedding mate i was working honest :clap to your missus:spank for arranging it on that day

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Holland v Russia OVER 3.5 goals @ 3.4 Stan James. Could end up looking like a donk bet, but I just see quite a few goals in this one. Neither team defends particularly well, and especially if the Dutch get the first goal can't see them sitting on it. They'll probably find it more difficult early on as they won't be able to counter attack much, but if they can get the lead in the first half then the game should really open up and see more goals in the second half. Also fancy a good effort from the Russians, nicking a goal somewhere. Something like Holland 3-1 for me.

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final The Russians will make Holland work hard defensively tonight. Both teams are similar in style but I can see the experience of Gus Hiddink prevailing tonight. The Dutch team may be buoyed by their performances in the group stages but as pointed out earlier, they managed to control matches due to the fact that they scored early and can then rely on playing counter attacks. This will be the first time the Dutch meet a younger, faster team, as compared to Italy, France & Romania, whose backline are slow and immobile. Should be an interesting, open football match. Both teams to score @ 1.8 - Big bet TG Over 2.5 @ 1.95 - Big Bet Russia +0.75 @ 2.05 - Small Draw @ 3.75 - Small Score 2 - 2, 1 - 1, Russia 3 - 2 - Small Russia to win by 1 goal @ 9 - Small

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Holland-Russia I hope this will be as fantastic game as I think it can be. Both teams always want to attack and it makes for entertainment. Both teams have a lot of attacking power and both play with speed and skill. This has all the criteria to be an over game. Watch them play under now! :lol But my feeling is that both teams will be playing an attacking game and both teams have potential to score goals. Holland have played 2 over games in the groupstages, and still also managed 2 goals against defensivly strong Romania with their 2nd lineup. Russia have scored in all of their games as well but only one have gone over, 1-4 against Spain. Still I can see both scoring, and I'm hoping this will be a fun game to watch tonight. Score prediction: 3-2 Pick 1: Over 2.5 goals - 1,90 @ Unibet (6/10)

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final I have been very impressed with both of these sides in the gorup stages of the competition so far. Holland have beaten France and Italy easily, while beating Romania with their 'reserve' team while Russia lost 4-1 to Spain (somewhat unluckily) before beating Greece and Sweden, creating numerous chances in each of those games so are dangerous. Russia wont be able to play their free flowing football tonight and even if they do, Holland have the ability to soak up the pressure and hit them on the break with players such as Sneijder, Kuyt, Robben, V Persie and prolific scorer Ruud Van Nistelrooy so ill be backing them to win tonight, although it wont be easy.

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Netherlands to go through. Hiddenk will have Russia competitive for this one and should the Dutch go through I think it will only be by a single goal. This single goal advantage may not come within 90 minutes. It may take an extra 30 minutes. A Dutch win in ET is priced at 11/1 or thereabouts. Russia will be attacking if they are behind a by a single goal coming into the final 10 minutes and I think they will get a good chance to equalise in that time. Then the Netherlands won't have much time to respond and may need the extra time to complete the job. So through my eyes there is a lot of value in this price. Bet: Netherlands to win in Extra Time. 8/10 @ 11/1. :cow

Re: Netherlands v Russia - 3rd Quarter Final Van Basten would do well to remember that this is not the same Russian side that lost to Spain. In that match Russia were missing three very influential players including Arshavin. One of their centre backs for that game (who had a nightmare) has also since been dropped and replaced by their most experienced defender. The baulk of this Dutch team have not played for 8 days and Russia will certainly be up for this. The Dutch have not played a team yet in this tournament that will give them as hard a game as the Russians tonight. The Russians and Hiddink could always nick this.. I am certainly going to keep my powder dry on this game and just enjoy the match on the television.