** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York 14/6/08

2.15 Lady amateurs handicap to open the card here so hard to tell just how good some of these jockeys are. Jeer's jockey seems okay to be fair, she won at Doncaster and came second on her last ride at Hamilton. Jeer himself looks an alright betting proposition - he's not proven over the distance so for that reason I'll be keeping stakes small, but he's proven on firm ground, has a progressive profile and comes into the race in good form after two good runs down at Newmarket. As the second highest rated horse in the field he warrants respect. Sporting Life forecast 5/1. 2.50 Nothing much I like in here. For the sake of picking one I'd tentatively put up Re Barolo. Marco Botti's horse was quite well fancied for the Zetland Gold Cup (I remember a few recommended it in the RP) at Redcar when last seen but disappointed. His best form to date has been on the all-weather but he's lighly raced so there could potentially be more to come. Being by Cape Cross he should act on firm ground. 3.25 Stick a pin in the racecard for this one. Ultra-competitive for a decent amount of prize money and many have claims. Ancien Regime heads the market after winning at Newmarket last time out but may not be as handily drawm as Van Bossed, who is drawn ideally in stall 2. The latter is one of Dandy Nicholls' so must be respected in this type of race. He's won on firm ground and the trip poses no problems. He's up in class here though, which probably explains his forecast price at 10/1. Fathsta won here the other month and his draw is okay in stall 5. He's dropping back into handicap company after having a crack at a listed race at Epsom when last seen, and will go on the ground. He's forecast 10/1 too. 4.00 Maybe Military Power for this one - forecast 8/1. It will get the distance - as his last win at Redcar proved, and firm ground will be okay for it. Runs off the same handicap mark as last time, even though it won by 3 lengths, but it jumps up from class 5 to class 2 here so its only a tentative pick. 4.30 Oasis On Island would be my pick on the basis that trainer Bryan Smart does very well with his two year olds. However, it is drawn wide which isn't ideal for a 6f sprint. It makes more appeal on breeding than most as its a half-brother to numerous winners from around this distance and sire Oasis Dream won twice over this distance at two, both on good-firm ground. Forecast 7/1. 5.05 Don't like much here to be honest but maybe Hotham can finally get his head infront after a string of placed efforts. He's entitled to have come on for a run at Haydock on his reappearance last month, favours fast ground, and should be okay with the trip. Forecast 14/1. 5.35 Decameron should be up to taking this but the price is forecast 4/5 and with several unraced horses in the field its hard to know how dangerous the opposition is. Sir Michael Stoute's colt has been placed on both of his career runs and warrants respect given the trainers record at the course.

Re: York 14/6/08 Polite request - I'll be leaving home at about 10 tomorrow morning on my way to (hopefully) sunny York. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post your winners in here before then:ok

Re: York 14/6/08 3.25 Ancien Regime 5/1 Sporting bet Been targeted at this race from the outset this season, MichaelJarvis thinks a lot of this horse. Trainer has a 26% SR with his 3yo's this season which is a fair start Gone up 8lb for its last win when 3/4L clear of the runner up however the margin would have been far greater had he not hung on the run in. The handicapper has taken no chances with this one, however the trip & fast ground suit & trainer even thinks it will get 7f in time. keep this one on side after today as it has a bright future & with a high draw will be able to run the race it wants.

Re: York 14/6/08

Polite request - I'll be leaving home at about 10 tomorrow morning on my way to (hopefully) sunny York. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post your winners in here before then:ok
I wish, I cant believe how hard a card York is today!!!!!!! :wall

Re: York 14/6/08 2.15 Ask the Butler 13/8 var bog 15 pts Not a race to waste millions on with a hots of doubts about some of the riders but in francesca cumani, trainers daughter tongue2.gif there is a rider who has won the last two years and is goodish value for three pounds claim. Cumani himself has won this race the last three years and this one looks to have a similar profile, won lto despite big problems in running and on bits of form from last year similarly respected liek run behind veracity. Secret Dancer was impressive lto and rates as the danger. 2.50 Granston 9/2 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Backed this lto and as I said at the time it got a terrible ride imo. Was cruising in typical style and the suddenly the jockey seemed to lack any strength as it went backwards between horses despite still travelling well and then right at the death, under no pressure really it was flying so it just missed out on the places. Raised on slightly for that run and that is fair for me, still looks decently handicapped despite being an older horse, two starts back it beat a horse giving weight to who is now 97 rated, this is only 84. Likes even a bigger field than this with its travelling style but this will do and strong claims to amke up for lto. 3.25 Ancien Regime 5/1 bog boy 7.5 pts e.w I like Meydan princess but i fear it could get outpaced here so I go for a horse who seemed like a performer who needed this trip a couple of starts ago and showed that lto when winning despite verring across the track, seems to have lots of ability and capable of taking the step up, generally travels well which should help in a race of this nature and hopefully high will be ok.

Re: York 14/6/08 3.25 PROHIBIT E/W 16/1 Ran ok in listed race lto. Jimmy Fortune back on top and although has a bit to find with the fav has 6lb pull and jock/trainer combo should not be taken lightly in any 3yo race. 5.05 SIR NOD E/W 22/1 CD winner who is falling in the weights and has a lot in his favour today and looks a decent e/w bet imo.

Re: York 14/6/08 4.00 York - DEADLY SILENCE (1pt Win) Ran well first time out when beaten 4L in third by Tartan Bearer who has since went on to frank that form. Then absolutely sluiced up last time out at Southwell in a nice looking maiden, winning by 8 lengths. Looks fairly handicapped here and form stands head and shoulders above the rest. 11/4 is cracking value and he is my best bet of the day.

Re: York 14/6/08 FISHFORCOMPLIMENTS 2.50 York. 0.5 points each way. Has a fair handicap mark and today could be the day to exploit that with looking sure to get the race run to suit. Trip and ground not a worry an the price is there, so let's hope for a run to ability and then should go close.

jockey isnt that bad' date=' and nor is the trainer.[/quote'] Hi mate, What does this statement mean? What is it in relation to? Surely a jockey/trainer being "not too bad" isn't part of your reasoning for selecting a bet? I'd be looking for an "excellent strike rate" or "stable bang in form" etc etc etc ... Also how did you ascertain Charlie Tokyo "good on the ground"? The RP suggests this isn't its ground and it's only win on firmer ground came 3 years ago. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but are you sure you're not posting up your system selections ... and then trying to find some stats/reasoning to back it up? :\ :ok

Hi mate, What does this statement mean? What is it in relation to? Surely a jockey/trainer being "not too bad" isn't part of your reasoning for selecting a bet? I'd be looking for an "excellent strike rate" or "stable bang in form" etc etc etc ... Also how did you ascertain Charlie Tokyo "good on the ground"? The RP suggests this isn't its ground and it's only win on firmer ground came 3 years ago. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but are you sure you're not posting up your system selections ... and then trying to find some stats/reasoning to back it up? :\ :ok
No i had a quick look mate. same as Maze & VHUJON in the 3.25 mate.im on E/W Nout to do with system, as that's the glory hunt stuff. I did have a look at the stats and couldnt think of anything good to say about it mate.:ok

Hi mate, What does this statement mean? What is it in relation to? Surely a jockey/trainer being "not too bad" isn't part of your reasoning for selecting a bet? I'd be looking for an "excellent strike rate" or "stable bang in form" etc etc etc ... Also how did you ascertain Charlie Tokyo "good on the ground"? The RP suggests this isn't its ground and it's only win on firmer ground came 3 years ago. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but are you sure you're not posting up your system selections ... and then trying to find some stats/reasoning to back it up? :\ :ok
I dont use RP either mate.Dont really like it to be honest mate. I use something else.;) I will PM you and tell you.:ok

2.50 Nothing much I like in here. For the sake of picking one I'd tentatively put up Re Barolo. Marco Botti's horse was quite well fancied for the Zetland Gold Cup (I remember a few recommended it in the RP) at Redcar when last seen but disappointed. His best form to date has been on the all-weather but he's lighly raced so there could potentially be more to come. Being by Cape Cross he should act on firm ground. 4.00 Maybe Military Power for this one - forecast 8/1. It will get the distance - as his last win at Redcar proved, and firm ground will be okay for it. Runs off the same handicap mark as last time, even though it won by 3 lengths, but it jumps up from class 5 to class 2 here so its only a tentative pick. 5.05 Don't like much here to be honest but maybe Hotham can finally get his head infront after a string of placed efforts. He's entitled to have come on for a run at Haydock on his reappearance last month, favours fast ground, and should be okay with the trip. Forecast 14/1. .
2 nice winners there Fintron & a 3rd with Hotham.:clap

& Decameron in the last odds on! A good day for you!
Cheers Bowles, my best betting day on the horses for months! I thought todays card was quite tricky, the ones that won for me were my least fancied but delighted with 4 winners bets from 6 as Bryan Smart's didn't go. :)