Czech Rep v Portugal (Wednesday)

Re: Czech Rep v Portugal (Wednesday)

Group Stage Bet 5 Portugal 1.87 8/10 The Czechs may be well organized and have a world-class goalkeeper but they lack the technical quality in midfield of recent years and while I see why people see 5/1 as value I just think that Portugal have so much speed and creativity from midfield to front to create chances and may only need to score once to secure victory. Nuno Gomes hit the post in the first game and will be looking to go one better this time while Ronaldo will keen to open his account, the draw is a danger but Portugal will want to clinch qualification tonight and I think they'll just have too much for the Czechs.
Get in :nana Czechs played very well I thought, a bit unlucky not to take something from the game.

Get in :nana Czechs played very well I thought, a bit unlucky not to take something from the game.
They were lucky to take something from the Switzerland game so strange how these things even themselves out. ;) I think at the moment Switzerland play better without Koller in the side.

Re: Czech Rep v Portugal (Wednesday) Was quite impressed with the Czech performance, much less so with Portugal who were just stunned by setpieces and by the fact the Czechs "dared" to tackle and play physical footy against them. The third goal was meaningless and equals an empty-netter in ice hockey - the Czechs tried to equalise and left the back wide open. Still a draw against Turkey should be enough to qualify as far as I have read the conditions.

missed this game' date=' was still at work, glad Portugal:clap:beerat tasty 4/5, have won the group aswell, read match report,basically said at 1-1 it could have gone either way and that Portugal struggled to deal with set-pieces.:eek[/quote'] Especially with corners - for some unknown reason, the Portuguese had invariably four players at the nearer pole, and NONE at the farther one - and almost conceded again due to it in the second half. Won't take long before other teams realise it and take full advantage:dude:dude:dude