Have we Forgot about Thierry?

Top Player of Euro2008 Ever get the feeling everyone is jumping on the Ronaldo Bandwagon? I have just backed Thierry Henry for the above award 25/[email protected],sure he has had a dodgy [email protected] when you consider he very nearly won the Champions League in a very Ordinary Arsenal Side,you start to recall what a Special Talent he is. The Big Question is "Can France Go All The Way"? I also took the 8,s on offer on the basis that my original pick was Germany,then I sat down and looked at the Starting 11,s. Evra,Malouda,Ribery,Benzema,Henry,Ok so the Master Z has hung up his boots but still loads of talent! Vive La France!:hope

Re: Have we Forgot about Thierry? Iv'e certainly not forgot about henry as hes the only top goal scorer bet i have taken at 25/1. he will certainly play every game and france i feel will also go far in the competition and he will take pens im sure. Them being in group c put me off a little but they can score goals against anyone.

Re: Have we Forgot about Thierry? Yeah i agree but when i saw it i just thought wow value. Hes their main striker and if they can get past or avoid italy and spain to reach the final then Henry will have quite a big chunk of their goals being the main striker. Anelka after watching him play every game for bolton i admire and hes world class (chelsea fans won't agree :lol). So a potentially great paternship.. hope anelka gets the games.

Re: Have we Forgot about Thierry? To be honest i think Benzema is now the 1st choice striker. If Henry continues his poor form into Euro 2008, we could see a Benzema Anelka partnership which would leave Henry with little chance. Having said that I'm sure Henry will start with Benzema and if he gets off to a good start then he'll play throughout and that 25/1 could look very good value.

Re: Have we Forgot about Thierry? I totally agree i think henry will want to prove something to everyone after beng in the shadows at barcelona, and this could be the perfect stage for him. Ive took 22/1 on betfair which im still happy with, and ive also gone for the 66/1 on offer of a france/henry combo on bet365. I feel france have a great chance if they can sneak through the group stages, and if they do well this will no doubt be something to do with henry. great value IMO

Re: Have we Forgot about Thierry? France will get to the final IMO and Henry is their obvious goal-getter so I think the original poster makes a fair point. People seem to think Italy will win the group but France bashed them in Paris and drew 0-0 in Milan so have the upper hand on recent form. Holland don't score enough and unsure about Romania, so France should take the group. That could set them up against Greece in the quarters and they should get past them and exact revenge for Euro 2004 - so Henry will have more opoportunities to score than most. Some quality players in the French side, I certainly couldn't leave Henry alone for top scorer at 20/1, even though Klose is my main top scorer bet, as I think Germany will be champs and Poland and Austria could get bashed by them in the group stage.

Re: Have we Forgot about Thierry? Just a quick point bout Henry 25/1 for Top Player,this is sometimes confused with top scorer which is a totally different market,the reason I choose this bet over top scorer is that if you back the eventual winner unless he is on highest total goals himself there is always a danger that some other player will tie or maybe two or three players will tie in which case your money gets divvied up as a spread over the tied player i.e your £100 could become £50 or even £33 etc. Remember some markets are favourable to the bookie,none more so than Top Scorer,I hope this helps! P.S ZZ would be cringing if he watched that mince that France served up v Romania. If you are looking for a speculative bet look at the 11/1 on offer for Italy outright,they are notorious slow starters and I would take them to win both remaining games,if they met Holland in the Final do you really think the same would happen again!I very much doubt It!