Sedgefield 21/05/08

Re: Sedgefield 21/05/08 Difficult card tonight, I used to live near the course and went many times, one thing I did learn is that Course winners often come back and run well time after time, the uphill finish is a lot steeper than it looks on the TV, and the rise on the home turn is where many races are won or lost. If you have a horse with a decent cruising speed that can kick just before the bend you'll have a few winners around here. Reasonably Sure in the 7.50 always runs well here but likes a soft lead, may not get that with Stoneriggs Merc in the race but all the conditions of the race suit it tonight and expect a better run than last time, at around 8/1 could be a fair EW bet although I'll probably just back it for a place. My nap is Little Lu in the 825, more details in the BBOTD thread, I reckon anything around Evens is a good bet here, not a great price but I have my own thoughts on the only two rivals in the market, if the price goes odds on it may be better to Lay one of the other ones, see nearer off time.

Re: Sedgefield 21/05/08 6.45 Sedgefield. Ramvaswani. Lay. (Racing Post Sp 4/1). Not a natural over fences, and despite being ok at the weights on hurdling form, the two codes are completely different, and so needs to improve on his jumps form. If that's not enough to take him on at 4/1, then the ground's not ideal either, as he'd like the rains to come and they look further away than Paul Gascoigne at the moment! If he wins then I'll be the first to say well done.