Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Surely an unpredictable game. I'll put some money on draw because I think this will be an balanced game between the two teams with a lot of goal occasions but in the end the match could be solved in late extra time or penalties as we are used to in such big clashes. If someone wins in the 90 minutes the most probable score will be 2-1. Ballack and Ronaldo anytime goalscorer.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Nearly £400 riding on 0-0. I put £1 on United 0-0, Pompey 1-0, Milan, Villarreal, Bayern, and Rochdale. The other 5 have come off, just need United to draw now! :notworthy Going to be very tense watching and just hoping neither team scores.:\

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 I agree with all the talk so far in the media about game being tight, after all there is so much to lose it would be a great shame for any team to throw it away so i doubt if the game will ever get stretched. How about laying chelsea 3.3 then backing man utd correct scores 1-0,2-0 & 2-1, highly unlikely that there will be more than 3 goals scored by utd. Thats what i am thinking about anyway. Good luck everyone & fingers crossed for an entertaining final! :hope

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 I just think if Rio and Vidic nullify Drogba Chelsea don't have a lot in attack. With Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez the likely hood is that one of them can make something happen.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5

For me, it's a 50:50 match - both teams capable of beating the other and likely to be a close game. The value has to lie with Chelsea, given the odds, wither in the outright or the 90 mins markets.
If there was a post of the month award I'd nominate you for it right now. Teams are dead even, Chelsea are a compelling value prop. I see zero reason for the price biais towards United.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Very tempted to back Paul Scholes to be shown a card tonight @ 3.3. Seeing as tackling has never been one of Scholes' strong points I think that given the tension, the big night approach a careless, silly tackle will be punished by a card. Add in the fact that as Chelsea will likely play 3 midfielders in the centre against Manchester United's 2 and Scholes will have to be busy to try and stop the Chelsea midfield. The only fear factor for me that surrounds the bet is that referees tend to be more lenient in finals for fear of sending a player off and spoiling the game I presume. Still at the moment this will be the bet for me. I will also be interested to see how the price fluctuates as Scholes to be shown a card can be laid at 3.55 and yet only backed at 3.3. I'm interested to know if it will be possible to back him at any point at odds nearer 3.5 so there is that added extra bit of value in there too.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Just to add to what I said earlier about Scholes, as he missed the Champions League Final in 1999, I think he will be eager to make his mark in this one. I can imagine him running around, chasing after every tackle and trying to make the game his. That could mean that he scores the winning goal and all the Manchester United fans love him or it could mean that he will go in for a silly challenge and get injured or booked.

Very tempted to back Paul Scholes to be shown a card tonight @ 3.3. Seeing as tackling has never been one of Scholes' strong points I think that given the tension' date=' the big night approach a careless, silly tackle will be punished by a card. Add in the fact that as Chelsea will likely play 3 midfielders in the centre against Manchester United's 2 and Scholes will have to be busy to try and stop the Chelsea midfield. The only fear factor for me that surrounds the bet is that referees tend to be more lenient in finals for fear of sending a player off and spoiling the game I presume. Still at the moment this will be the bet for me. I will also be interested to see how the price fluctuates as Scholes to be shown a card can be laid at 3.55 and yet only backed at 3.3. I'm interested to know if it will be possible to back him at any point at odds nearer 3.5 so there is that added extra bit of value in there too.[/quote'] Not a bad shout, interested that you think United will only play with 2 midfielders, I tend to think Sir Alex will try and crowd midfield and play a 4-5-1 solution. I think it'll most likely be a tight low scoring game, may have a nibble at 1-1 correct score

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 for me Chelsea will have the greater of the possession. Their midfield is superior IMO and tactically they play a more continental style of football with their slow build up play. I expect to see Man Utd doing alot of chasing and tackling and trying to feed Ronaldo/Rooney on the counter. If Man Utd come out to force their play this could be an awesome match, but I doubt it. Fergie probably feels he's never really won this cup - '99 was some sought of miracle - and so he won't take any risks. I expect a match that acheives few highs, plenty of tension and if we're lucky a goal or 2. There will be cards as well. No way a ref can keep a lid on this with these players...especially if Ronaldo's play acting, Scholes mistackling and Drogba up to his usual antics. And thrown in a host of other players. This for me could be a big makeup.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 If he does go with 1 up front then Rooney will be fustrated at not getting the ball, he'll drift back into midfield rather than stay up top. Rooney to be shown first card is 11/1 Betfred. Might be worth a few quid. Apart from a few scorecasts there's not much value in any of the markets. I do think that Utd will lift the trophy 8/11 so I'll go for 1-0 cover the 1-1 with Ronaldo, Giggs ,Scholes tsf. Regarding the match itself I think its going to a shite match for us to watch, if your a fan its going to be a nailbiter. Both teams from an away perspective dont score many goals.

Not a bad shout, interested that you think United will only play with 2 midfielders, I tend to think Sir Alex will try and crowd midfield and play a 4-5-1 solution. I think it'll most likely be a tight low scoring game, may have a nibble at 1-1 correct score
If Tevez and Rooney are both to start then Manchester United will have to field a 4 man midfield. Ronaldo drifts all over the place which would leave 3 central midfielders against Chelsea's 3 central midfielders, to correct what I had said earlier. However, unless Manchester United are playing narrow then it is likely that one of the central midfielders gets dragged a bit more to the wing, likely Hargreaves, leaving Carrick and Scholes as the more recognised central partnership. I'm very tempted to go in big on Scholes to be booked tonight right now as I think it's almost inevitable, we will see though.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 My picks for today: Manchester United-Chelsea Cristiano Ronaldo is having a GREAT season and this is surely and so far the opportunity of his life/career to make and even bigger impact and secure the current "best player of the world" title for good this season...what better stage than a Champions League final? I'm betting Ronaldo will be the best player on the pitch tonight and have one of his great performances again. At this price this is great value IMO and I'll take it. This also means that I see MU raising the trophy at the end of the match (even if it is through penalties). My picks: Cristiano Ronaldo to be the "man of the match" (5.00) and MU to raise the trophy (1.79) Good luck! JC

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Going to have a go at Over 2.5 @2.75 see some value in this although there is no question this game can go under. I do however see there being at least 1 goal in this match it just depends how early it comes and hopefully there will be 1 goal at HT if there is more than that great. I read the forecast for Moscow and although im not from there the forecast was calling for light rain all day maybe someone in Moscow can confirm the weather? if the rain does stay light it can help the over. Going to make it a smaller play because I really just want to enjoy the game without focusing on the bet too much. OVER 2.5 @ 2.75 Stake 2/10 GL To All

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Well, I've had a good look at all the markets and I still see the value in the overall winner/90 minutes area. Time to put my money where my mouth is. This isn't a prediction, although as a Chelsea fan I'll honestly say I'm surprised how confident I feel going into this game, it is purely a value bet. Winner 2007/08 Champions League - Chelsea @ 2.12 BetFair 5/10 (oh, and cheers AJ & good luck, but not too much :ok )

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Chelsea to lift the cup @ 11/10 for me. They know how to win big games like last seasons FA Cup final and the home game at Stamford Bridge this year. Wouldn't suprise me if MU were quite negative, Chelsea look strong in midfield and up for a battle.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 I have jumped out of my antepost Chelsea bet. Had 6/1 on them, have slung all potential winnings on Man Utd to win the trophy. Its an all or nothing match for me now - thought about hedging, but I really am confident that Utd will have too much going forward for Chelski... Bring it on, and fingers crossed we get a cracker...

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 All Manchester United fans can now relax. The cup is theirs !! and how do I know ? well I have had three bets that's why 9/1 Ballack FG, 3/1 Ballack Anytime, 125/1 Chelsea 2-1 and Ballack FG double !!! sorry Chelsea fans !

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 I believe this will be a tight match. 4 scorecast bets for me: Ronaldo, Drogba, Ballack, all 1-1 and finally Rooney 2-2 as a "fun bet", odd of 190 didn't hurt either gl all :ok

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 I'm on commentators first cliche being "first ever englsh final"!! Too close to call so silly fun bet on Paddy Power, seems to have been money for it as the odds are into 4's from 6's!! Only fear is Tyldesley comes out with that comment before the whistle has been blown and i'm out of the game!!!

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United - Champions League Final on Wed 21/5 Have opted for Chelsea to win this at 3.2 in the 90 with small bets at good odds on Chelsea in extra time at 13 and Chelsea to win on penalties at 10.5 which I think is a real possibility. Some people have said take Drogba out of the equation and that is much of Chelsea's attacking threat, I don't think so, Ballack and Lampard are both outstanding goalscoring midfielders who in tight games can pop up in good positions to score from distance or with a header as Ballack showed at Stamford Bridge v Utd. I feel Chelsea's 3 in the middle have the edge over United in this department and I think the odds make the value lie with Chelsea as it should be 50/50 IMO and I just have a feeling having lost out on the league Chelsea could gain revenge here. Will be a tight game and noticed on the Racing Post a lot of bookies said the draw at h/t at evens was a fantastic bet but I think I will just stick with fairly small stakes on Chelsea in the 90 and in et and pens and hopefully enjoy a good game.